The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #51
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Mary Jane Watson Cast, New Villain Rumor for Sequel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Malin looks like she'd be quite good for the role. Although, she is too old now.

But then again, it's not like they would ever cast an actual hot woman in the role. It would be much too exciting for young boys and it will take them right out of the heart of the movie.
Like.... casting Emma Stone? I mean I know she's young but I don't think anyone considered her as "cute" after Zombie Land , it was all "the next hot girl."

But yeah Malin Akerman would look too old for MJ for Garfield's Pete. But she did look a lot like the Romita Sr/Jr MJ in Watchmen, partially coz of the hairstyle, the eyes, and that dimply chin of hers. Though at times she does look a bit like Kirsten Dunst anyway (again, maybe it's their smile or something). I'm not kidding (or ogling... or maybe a little). But I don't think she's overrated at all, career-wise she's in just the right place considering her intelligence/performance: just there for eye-candy.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Man, I would love a Spider-Man film featuring a grown up Peter Parker who's married to Mary Jane Watson. And Akerman would be great for the role of MJ then. Imagine a storyline of Peter and MJ having a baby and Peter worrying that his new child will have similar abilities.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #53
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I would like to see Green Goblin to look something like this.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #54
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Yuck. No.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yuck? You're not using your imagination if you're just saying yuck. The premise of the look is fine. Change the colors, such as giving the skin a green color, changing the look of the clothing to something purple...I'd think it'll look alright.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #56
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Sorry. Just doesn't scream "GREEN GOBLIN" to me very much. The only thing that even remotely reminds me of the Goblin is the pointy ears. :I

Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #57
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I just can't like Malin Åkerman because she's just...weird to me.

In every interview when she talks about Sweden (her birth country) she just makes up ******** for some reason (just read comments if you don't believe me). She makes Conan 'O Brian and watchers of that show believe that our birthday song contain lyrics of shooting you when you get 100 and put you in a wheel barrell...when in reality the word "skjuta" here means "push". I know, nothing to get upset about which I'm not, but it's just one example where she just comes off as pretty stupid. She's said alot of other false, made up facts as well that make many of us Swedes scratch our heads. She's not the brightest girl there is, to say the least.

Doesn't help that she's not a very good actress either.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #58
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Who the hell is Malin Åkerman?

LOL WUT

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #59
flickchick85
Loose Seal

...She's the person who was brought up on the previous page.

And she'd be an awful MJ, imo.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #60
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post

Agree, Malin Ackerman doesn't do it for me in any kind of way. The only time I kind of liked her was as Laurie in Watchmen. The brunette wig kind of made her less "her".

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #61
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

In every interview when she talks about Sweden (her birth country) she just makes up ******** for some reason (just read comments if you don't believe me). She makes Conan 'O Brian and watchers of that show believe that our birthday song contain lyrics of shooting you when you get 100 and put you in a wheel barrell...when in reality the word "skjuta" here means "push". I know, nothing to get upset about which I'm not, but it's just one example where she just comes off as pretty stupid. She's said alot of other false, made up facts as well that make many of us Swedes scratch our heads. She's not the brightest girl there is, to say the least.

She may not be the brightest, but she's sexy as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Who the hell is Malin Åkerman?

LOL WUT
Silk Spectre II in Watchmen.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #62
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Man, I would love a Spider-Man film featuring a grown up Peter Parker who's married to Mary Jane Watson. And Akerman would be great for the role of MJ then. Imagine a storyline of Peter and MJ having a baby and Peter worrying that his new child will have similar abilities.
I was hoping that's where Raimi would've taken the franchise; movie 3 giving us that marriage (with Sandman involved, straight from the comics no less). But anyway.

Back to reliving life as a teenager -- yknow it makes sense. Looking back, Pete wouldn't be imagining himself as a total nerd

Okay I'll cut it out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Did you see the original look of the Goblin that Raimi was going for? I think Alex Ross was involved with the designs. I didn't mind it...too much. I'll say this again that I've never been much of a fan of Gobby mutating physically -- the transformation is much more appealing as a psychological terror.

Quote:

Heh. I think the only interviews I heard of her were from Watchmen? Or that Ben Stiller movie. Wasn't paying attention though. She isn't exactly the type to win Oscars. I only posted those coz she looked a little like MJ.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 11-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #63
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
yes! exactly-- this! What's wrong with you people?

Old 11-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #64
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
That design would look ridiculous,even after changing the colours

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #65
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well so is Megan Fox

Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #66
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I was hoping that's where Raimi would've taken the franchise; movie 3 giving us that marriage (with Sandman involved, straight from the comics no less). But anyway.

Back to reliving life as a teenager -- yknow it makes sense. Looking back, Pete wouldn't be imagining himself as a total nerd

Okay I'll cut it out now.
The next reboot I hope for a trilogy where Peter Parker is grown up and as a professor. Or, maybe take a route via The Dark Knight Returns and Spider-Man is only a legend maybe? Some new take would be quite refreshing rather than getting a reboot a third time where Peter is in high school or college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Well so is Megan Fox
Ehhh....

Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #67
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
I think that would work quite well...leaves just enough human element to him, not a full transformation like Lizard.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #68
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
I think that would work quite well...leaves just enough human element to him, not a full transformation like Lizard.
Though the Malekith design looks like a potentially good base for a Green Goblin design, I would hope that they don't go the Ultimate route and have him a monster (especially if it involves the genetic engineering from the last film). I think an actual transformation just plays with the concept of the character too much.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #69
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Change the colors to green and purple, turn that face into a mask, and change the wardrobe. So basically, change almost everything. The face already looks frightening.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #70
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Someone photoshop that idea ^

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 AM   #71
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

But it's a bad idea.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #72
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
The next reboot I hope for a trilogy where Peter Parker is grown up and as a professor. Or, maybe take a route via The Dark Knight Returns and Spider-Man is only a legend maybe? Some new take would be quite refreshing rather than getting a reboot a third time where Peter is in high school or college.
Well the Spidey "future" story wasn't exactly a compelling comic-book, they can, of course, make an excellent movie based on it. I'd love to see Pete growing up and becoming a professor.

Quote:
Ehhh....
Well even if Megan Fox and Malin Akerman are of the same league as actresses, at least Akerman hasn't been overrated... yet.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #73
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
But it's a bad idea.
So far we got what? 3 versions of ol Gobby?

1 - The hooded/masked version from Stan Lee's time (which this would reflect)

2 - The exoskeleton Power Rangers suit that'd probably give Stark an endless supply of jokes on how-NOT-to-make-your-super-powered-armour-look-evil

3 - The mutation/transformation.

I get that this is all leading up to some sort of Sinister Six like in the Ultimate books -- Lizard = mutation, Electro = physical energy, etc. but if Osborn's going into that he'd become at the end of the day some weird sort of amalgamation of all the greatest villains. That's just... wrong for a character like Goblin. He's a trickster figure!

I personally prefer him as Osborn's psychologically fragmented half. The idea that the Goblin is a personal demon is just more compelling to me. So now after his transformation, that demon is extended to others, primarily Spider-Man and Harry Osborn, and then the city itself. A focus like that would essentially make the visual character design secondary.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #74
Oscorp
Side-Kick

If Norman physically becomes green and goblin-y instead of the classic version, I'll never forgive Sony if they use him in the death of Gwen story.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #75
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
So far we got what? 3 versions of ol Gobby?

1 - The hooded/masked version from Stan Lee's time (which this would reflect)

2 - The exoskeleton Power Rangers suit that'd probably give Stark an endless supply of jokes on how-NOT-to-make-your-super-powered-armour-look-evil

3 - The mutation/transformation.

I get that this is all leading up to some sort of Sinister Six like in the Ultimate books -- Lizard = mutation, Electro = physical energy, etc. but if Osborn's going into that he'd become at the end of the day some weird sort of amalgamation of all the greatest villains. That's just... wrong for a character like Goblin. He's a trickster figure!

I personally prefer him as Osborn's psychologically fragmented half. The idea that the Goblin is a personal demon is just more compelling to me. So now after his transformation, that demon is extended to others, primarily Spider-Man and Harry Osborn, and then the city itself. A focus like that would essentially make the visual character design secondary.
You mean the Iron Patriot?