The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #76
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mary Jane Watson Cast, New Villain Rumor for Sequel - Part 1

Am I the only one who thinks a Sinister 6 in a live action movie would be terrible?

One man against 6 super powered villians? Looks like a reverse Avengers

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #77
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Am I the only one who thinks a Sinister 6 in a live action movie would be terrible?

I agree, I'm not a big fan of that idea either. Would be one hell of an action movie but would probably feel extremely dumb like the Transformers films. No way Spidey would have huge problems about the single villains in their respective films, just to beat all 6 of them in one movie on his own (even allied with someone like Black Cat would still make it stupid).

I can somehow see a Sinister 6 battle story happen if they split it into 2 or 3 films but that would make it feel more like the normal Spidey films and not a Sinister 6 thing anyway.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #78
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
If Norman physically becomes green and goblin-y instead of the classic version, I'll never forgive Sony if they use him in the death of Gwen story.
I already feel that way with Sony on Venom and Lizard, which if you remember, are two of my favorite Spidey villains.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #79
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:

I would love to see the Sinister 6 in a movie someday. I don't think it would be as terrible as people think.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #80
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I already feel that way with Sony on Venom and Lizard, which if you remember, are two of my favorite Spidey villains.
Yeah I remember that!

I understand that, but at the same time: with Lizard there are still alot of stuff left untouched. They haven't touched on his more beastly side, so Lizard in a future movie wouldn't be hurt from this portrayal in ASM.

As for Venom, that's a bit worse because you'll have to go through the whole symbiote story again. But even in this case, I don't think people would mind that as much in a future trilogy.

In this case with Green Goblin, let's say the death of Gwen itself is very comic accurate: the bridge, the build up to it, Peter's reactions and emotions, Emma Stone looks like a copy of 616 Gwen...all of that. But Green Goblin has physically transformed, so it's still not there. That thing ruins it, the film adaption of the Death of Gwen Stacy can't be perfect because of it.

Because of how specific that scene is, future movie adaptions can't "perfect" it because then they would make everything the same except have Green Goblin be comic accurate as well. People would complain like hell. The studio would therefore avoid that by either not adapt it at all, or make alterations to it. Therefore, it STILL can't be perfectly adapted.

That's pretty much the problem I had with SM1. The origin itself of Spidey is pretty much perfect if you ask me. But the film itself had lots of other problems, especially when it comes to the main characters. It's just so damn annoying to have things that are perfect in a film that (IMO) is very flawed. I want to see the wrestling part of his origin, the more direct irresponsible act by Peter, etc. but with the tone, characters, director, suit, etc. from Webb's Spider-Man. I'd rather have a film that's completely flawed that doesn't take away opportunities from future attempts to make the perfect Spidey film, than a film that totally nails some stuff and feels like a blasphemy when it comes to other things.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #81
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Get something like Ultimate Alliance version.
Modern updated look of the classic.

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #82
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Here's an idea! What if they have Osborn able to transform, but its not all out Ultimate version.

What I'm saying is all that would happen to him physically is lose his hair, skin turns green, pointy ears, side teeth become a bit sharper, eye color turns to yellow, etc.

He would have the modern classic costume as well as his glider and other gadgets.

But knowing most people, you guys might still rage.

spidergeek232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #83
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:

That's giving the Sinister Six way too much credit. Plus I seriously doubt that in any onscreen adaptation of the Sinister Six that Spider-man will face them all at once (at least not alone).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #84
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
That's giving the Sinister Six way too much credit. Plus I seriously doubt that in any onscreen adaptation of the Sinister Six that Spider-man will face them all at once (at least not alone).
^
There a couple ways to do it.Spidey could get help by:

-The Avengers could show up.

-Spidey could wear the symbiote to take them out.

-One of the villains could be Harry,and when one of the villains unmask spidey,and when Harry sees that spidey is Peter,Harry turns on his team and joins up with spidey.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #85
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
Here's an idea! What if they have Osborn able to transform, but its not all out Ultimate version.

What I'm saying is all that would happen to him physically is lose his hair, skin turns green, pointy ears, side teeth become a bit sharper, eye color turns to yellow, etc.

He would have the modern classic costume as well as his glider and other gadgets.

But knowing most people, you guys might still rage.
That sounds cool. I could see that. My wish is that for (most) of the upcoming villains that they do, I wanna see full on live action. I sorta understand what they did with the lizard and it being all CG. But I wanna see real Andrew in suit, fighting real Jamie Foxx/whoever as Electro. Same with Green Goblin.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #86
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
^
There a couple ways to do it.Spidey could get help by:

-The Avengers could show up.

-Spidey could wear the symbiote to take them out.

-One of the villains could be Harry,and when one of the villains unmask spidey,and when Harry sees that spidey is Peter,Harry turns on his team and joins up with spidey.
Talking on the Avengers, how cool would it be if Spidey were in A2 and when they fight Thanos in space that's were Spidey gets the black costume.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #87
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
That sounds cool. I could see that. My wish is that for (most) of the upcoming villains that they do, I wanna see full on live action. I sorta understand what they did with the lizard and it being all CG. But I wanna see real Andrew in suit, fighting real Jamie Foxx/whoever as Electro. Same with Green Goblin.
They can just use SFX make up for the ears, eyes, nose, etc.

spidergeek232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #88
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
They can just use SFX make up for the ears, eyes, nose, etc.
Yeah totally. May 2014 isn't THAT far away, folks. We're almost at 2013, which they begin shooting, and I'm sure by the course of next year, we'll have set photos, a teaser trailer, teaser poster, etc.
Okay I'll stop. Just excited.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #89
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

There will definetely be something next year at Comic Con. Maybe a full length trailer will play during The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Lots to talk about till then.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #90
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I am incredibly pumped for the teaser, hell I just want to see the set pics.

These boards will be on fire at that time.

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ehhh....are you sure about that? They weren't really on fire during the first film.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #92
Thwip!
Side-Kick

that's because a lot of people wanted it to fail simply for being a reboot and they hadnt seen it...Now it's got a stronger fanbase and it's gonna go down all up in here

Old 11-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #93
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Wanting the movie to fail =/= showing up on the forums

TAS-M still had its fanbase from the get go, but that still didn't make the Spidey boards go on fire. Plus, the people who wanted it to fail or what have you most likely did not become a fan of the reboot anyways.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #94
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I remember this forum to be extremely active during production of the first film.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #95
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I'd love a Sinister Six movie -- it'd be like an ultimate heist film, and a more intense and elaborated Avengers film from the point of view of the bad-guys, i.e. a full-on supervillain film, is something I can get behind!

The idea of Spidey's "responsibility" as a superhero works best when he's on his own -- it kinda gives you the impression that yeah, there really is no one else out there who can do what he's doing, so when a super-powered foe comes out it falls on this kid to save the day. If the entire Avengers show up that'd kinda make Pete seem like he's full of himself to some extent -- "leave this to the pros" and all that. I know that's not how the character was intended, and that Stan and Ditko did create him as part of a larger universe, but somehow Spidey works best as a loner.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #96
Young Justice92
Newbie First Class

I think Shailene Woodley is very beautiful and you got to figure in what version they're gonna use for the sequel. Everyone has this vision of the John Romita Sr. Mary Jane Watson and that's hard to equal on film. I don't really care for the Ultimate Marvel Universe version since she was essentially Gwen Stacy with red hair. In the film, Gwen is already the girl next door type. Mary Jane in the upcoming sequel needs to be a challenge for Gwen and a girl who messes with his already complicated life. She doesn't necessarily to be a model, but someone who's not only beautiful, but smart and knows how to have fun. She basically needs to be different from Gwen. I also want Sam Claflin to be Harry Osborn. He looks like the modern Harry Osborn.

Young Justice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #97
Filmboy
Banned User

I think Shailene Woodley is a pretty girl, but she is kinda like a sweet,girl next door kind of girl.

I thought MJ is supposed to be a hot supermodel bombshell knockout.

Oh well, she is already confirm playing MJ, so I guess I just have to wait and see how it goes......

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #98
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Ehhh....are you sure about that? They weren't really on fire during the first film.
No Avengers and No Batman movie

Its safe to assume so

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #99
TheWatcher
Dapper

I really want to see the Avengers/Spidey VS the Sinister Six fight.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #100
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

^ I know right? The Ultimate Six comes to mind, but just for the sake of speculation, who'd be your favourite Six? (ahh I can see Sony latching onto merchandising opportunities already).

Seeing as how filmmakers have thus far confused MJ and Gwen over two separate series of the franchise, I'm assuming that Reboot-MJ will be like Ultimate Gwen -- the dangerous, ****ty, pressing girl with a few suggestive piercings and a bad attitude that puts thoughts into Petey's head.

At least at first when we get to meet her. The obvious way to introduce her would be "the new girl in school" who also happens to be the niece of the Watsons next door.

I really want them to bring in Robbie Robertson in this. He was always one of my favourite supporting-characters and lent a fatherly hand whenever he could. I could be wrong, maybe that's Curt Connors from here on out.

[And a side-note to TheWatcher: I'm reading your sig and thinking what's so wrong with talking about internet culture? And... would literature and the arts fall into the first category or the second?]

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote