Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #551
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i sorta thought vision and ultron could both be made up with Pym's mind and Stark's engineering (as well as the Jarvis AI) I don't like the idea of Pym soley being responsible for Ultron... but Tony too.. it makes Ultron more of the Avengers fault.. than just Pyms. Which i think ups the anti for a movie better
That`s basically what I`m saying I`m just surrounding it with my long ass posts.

This would be the reason Ultron goes through different stages and shows up in different forms.

It`s not technically complete until Mandarin applies Stark`s stolen AI to it, and upgrades it.

Pym created it in his movie, however he stops it very quickly the first time and another villain comes into the picture. Because of this villain it ended up in AIM`s hands and Mandarin stole Stark`s tech and gave it an upgrade to a network that can control many things...

So in a way they both create the form that will return with Vision in Avengers 2.
That`s why I think Jan is in this movie.
After IM3 Jarvis already has defenses built up which are key to turning the Vision good.
Jarvis first encounters this AI here and is basically the only tech that can fight back against it and somehow help change the Vision.

Vision and the remnants of ultron`s network are the key to stopping Thanos.
But I wouldn`t say Thanos is a goner for sure.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #552
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i don't personally think "ultron" should be in IM3 at all... maybe a brief hint at something that later goes into the process of creating him.. but nothing more than that what so ever

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #553
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Agreed. The current Scientist Supreme, or head of AIM`s activities is prob Killian. Personally I think there`s more to the talk way back about considering Modok in Captain America 2 Scientist supreme becomes Tetterington... before AIM turns against him and other subjects. Makes them part of the network... This wouldn`t happen until captain America 2...

Makes me Wonder what else they might have in that movie to help along a Vision plot.
Actually, I really wouldn't mind if they hinted at Modok (like a little easter egg) and then introduced him in Cap 2.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #554
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
i don't personally think "ultron" should be in IM3 at all... maybe a brief hint at something that later goes into the process of creating him.. but nothing more than that what so ever
See that`s why i think Ultron would be more in name only for now. It would be a big part of it, but there`s a chance they don`t use a name and only an image. if they`re going that way only certain people will know right away that it is Ultron. It would be completely under Mandarin`s control for much of it.

mandarin would have complete control of it and other than seeing its image & name on a screen we may not even get an in name only and it would simply be the AI network Mandarin is currently using to help control his army of more than 40 different things...

He stole Stark`s tech.
Stark and Jarvis steal his strategies to fight fire with fire.

This brings about Starks extended network of armors he can control. He can control the parts of the suit but now his control extends by hooking into Jarvis. Jarvis can read his instructions help control all the suits. some of the suits can even assemble and disassemble as needed. Mandarin has almost the same sort of army going on. Rhodey and Taggert have suits but Taggert is an Extremis slave within the suit... The suits still need to have some sort of direction by jarvis even though Stark can control them. In a way it`s revealed that Stark was looking out for Pepper the whole time... what if Jarvis is operating Rescue earlier in the movie to ensure their survival. At one point Jarvis was actually saving them and stark`s link with the suit failed. It takes the Extremis to give him his upgraded suit.

Eventually Stark trusts Jarvis to take full control of a number of the suits and put a stop to Mandarin`s AI network... for now.
While the other armors stop the Mandarin.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #555
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

name or image is far too much... there's absolutely no reason his name or appearance is needed yet. it completely convelutes iron-mans story

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #556
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I wouldn't mind some kind of little reference to Ultron or even Vision/Hank Pym if possible. But I want Janet Van Dyne dangit!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #557
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
name or image is far too much... there's absolutely no reason his name or appearance is needed yet. it completely convelutes iron-mans story
Lol but u said yourself it`s better if Stark has a hand in creating it.

You can`t have it both ways, but you can try to weave things in better. there`s just no time to set it all up in one Avengers movie and I can guarantee you Ultron will be in Avengers 2... other things I`ve learned secondhand... so really there could be a chance I`m wrong about the Wasp stuff. And even Ultron being included & named in this film.

What this would do is make Stark one of Ultron`s creators.

Jarvis too.

Not only that.

It`s exactly how Mandarin and Iron Man both control over 40 armors, and in Mandarin`s case extremis infused beings and systems who can`t fight the enemy AI.

It could be done without even giving it a name. Or an image really, if they wanted to keep it a secret for a long time.

The point though is that it gains awareness again amidst all the AI themes that are going on. Breaks from Mandarin`s control, as Stark and Jarvis do.

And then Jarvis, Stark`s technology, has a direct hand in shaping it towards what it will become. It`s based partially on Jarvis and this sets them up against eachother.

Stark wouldn`t even know the full extent of this AI`s personality. Only Jarvis would learn about that as he takes control of some of the suits to attack AIM.

Some of what I`m saying is absolutely true and I`m simply filling blanks.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #558
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Lol but u said yourself it`s better if Stark has a hand in creating it.

You can`t have it both ways, there`s just no time to set it all up in one Avengers movie and I can guarantee you Ultron will be in Avengers 2... other things I`ve learned secondhand... so really there could be a chance I`m wrong about the Wasp stuff. And even Ultron being included & named in this film.

What this would do is make Stark one of Ultron`s creators.

Jarvis too.

Not only that.

It`s exactly how Mandarin and Iron Man both control over 40 armors, and in Mandarin`s case extremis infused beings and systems who can`t fight the enemy AI.

It could be done without even giving it a name. Or an image really, if they wanted to keep it a secret for a long time.

The point though is that it gains awareness again amidst all the AI themes that are going on. Breaks from Mandarin`s control, as Stark and Jarvis do.

And then Jarvis, Stark`s technology, has a direct hand in shaping it towards what it will become.

Stark wouldn`t even know the full extent of this AI`s personality. Only Jarvis would learn about that as he takes control of some of the suits to attack AIM.

Some of what I`m saying is absolutely true and I`m simply filling blanks.
I do think stark tech should be something used when making ultron... doesn't mean he needs made in IM3 or an IM movie for that matter... id actually have him created in an avengers movie.. with seeds planted along the way. Someone a while back said maybe a component of ultron ends up being the POWER gem.. which is why he emits red light.

where that gem comes from, where the AI is developed, and where the idea comes together can all be spread across avenger solo films.. but i wouldn't take time away from IM to have him start creating Ultron....

you're not only filling in the blanks... you're kinda over-stuffing those blanks. it's not needed. it's just extra fluff that ditracts from this being a solo film imo.

there's a fine limit you can do

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #559
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Fair enough, I can see why you might think that but again I turn to Fury`s statement.

They`re part of a bigger world now.

Even if they don`t know it they`ll eventually be faced with it.

We`ve been told this movie is shaping up to be pretty big.
Thor 2 is going to be pretty big too for different reasons.

I get that there`s a limit but I suspect they`re going much bigger for much of the rest of the series and its almost like Whedon sees it as his duty to have multiple contingency plans to keep those in the know unsure about which plan they`ve chosen... Sometimes I`m trying to combine way too much..

There is sort of a limit and right now that limit is the 4 movies we have before Avengers 2.

Once Avengers 2 is over that`s it. Avengers 3 is too late for this scenario to work, new characters like Black Panther will be expected to be in the team, and some of these movies can`t set it up. Ant Man occurs after. you`ve also missed the boat on Jan and Pym actually being in an Avengers movie with Ultron and Vision.

There are no other Iron Man movies to work Iron man`s side of the creation in. If done in Avengers then you`d waste too much time and couldn`t use Vision, whereas Ultron`s return could be set up and we could move into Vision very quickly. Otherwise we might never see Vision.

As someone else said Thor and GoTG are not the places to plant stuff. Thanos connections in GoTG sure, i mean that`s pretty self explanatory, but for the most part its actually CA2 doing the heavy lifting story-wise. This is something there aren`t even many rumors about yet so I`ll refrain from adding more on that right now other than to say that I`m pretty positive AIM`s a significant factor in that movie too.

CA could work but then you wouldn`t have the iron man connection.

I could see it all working in avengers 2, but these movies DO connect. And Whedon does have a plan of some sort chosen.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #560
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Fair enough, I can see why you might think that but again I turn to Fury`s statement.

They`re part of a bigger world now.

Even if they don`t know it they`ll eventually be faced with it.

We`ve been told this movie is shaping up to be pretty big.
Thor 2 is going to be pretty big too for different reasons.

I get that there`s a limit but I suspect they`re going much bigger for much of the rest of the series and its almost like Whedon sees it as his duty to have multiple contingency plans to keep those in the know unsure about which plan they`ve chosen... Sometimes I`m trying to combine way too much..

There is sort of a limit and right now that limit is the 4 movies we have before Avengers 2.

Once Avengers 2 is over that`s it. Avengers 3 is too late for this scenario to work, new characters like Black Panther will be expected to be in the team, and some of these movies can`t set it up. Ant Man occurs after. you`ve also missed the boat on Jan and Pym actually being in an Avengers movie with Ultron, and Vision.

There are no other Iron Man movies to work Iron man`s side of the creation in. If done in Avengers then you`d waste too much time and couldn`t use Vision, whereas Ultron`s return could be set up and we could movie into Vision very quickly. Whereas otherwise we might never see Vision..

As someone else said Strange and GoTG are not the places to plant stuff.

CA could work but then you wouldn`t have the iron man connection.

I could see it all working in avengers 2, but these movies DO connect. And Whedon does have a plan of some sort chosen.
being part of a bigger world doesn't mean you have to cram everything you can into it though.. that statement literally doesn't mean "lets connect as much as we can together".

i'd much rather the ENTIRE FRANCHISE piece together major events like Ultron, Thanos, etc... like Loki and the cosmic cube were than try to cram a chunk of it into one film...

The Tesseract was handled exactly like things like this should be...

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #561
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
being part of a bigger world doesn't mean you have to cram everything you can into it though.. that statement literally doesn't mean "lets connect as much as we can together".

i'd much rather the ENTIRE FRANCHISE piece together major events like Ultron, Thanos, etc... like Loki and the cosmic cube were than try to cram a chunk of it into one film...

The Tesseract was handled exactly like things like this should be...
I fail to see why you think it`s cramming anything.
This wouldn`t even completely set up ultron as his own character yet and Stark`s problem with Mandarin leads to his AI falling into the wrong hands.

It combines with what previously existed as Ultron, and that later becomes the final form of Ultron because it didn`t have that last piece from Stark...

That`s pretty much it.

It would seed this along to what happens in CA.

Which would give you even more seeds.

We can`t drop hints in Thor unless its through Selvig. Still a distinct possibility, but probably unlikely to repeat.

Some of this has already been setup by what Selvig said. You`re not getting that there`s already a basic plan I`m hinting at.

Pym is already out there.
GoTG is what brings Thanos into it

It has been done before for less important reasons with Widow...

Vision may be needed as a character to give the current team a good fight against Thanos.

They can`t add any other additional team members at this time unless some setup is done.

And they will need new recruits to defeat Thanos.
Even without the gauntlet.
Even if they manage to make Vision use the Ultron network to actually protect the world from Thanos and drive him back temporarily.

Still a distinct possibility he will return with the gauntlet in the third that way...

I don`t think Ultron`s powered by the power gem, and I think we will see more on the Tesseract.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #562
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I fail to see why you think it`s cramming anything.
This wouldn`t even completely set up ultron as his own character yet and Stark`s problem with Mandarin leads to his AI falling into the wrong hands.

It combines with what previously existed as Ultron but is not quite Ultron yet because it didn`t have that last piece from Stark...

That`s pretty much it.

It would seed this along to what happens in CA.

Which would give you even more seeds.

We can`t drop hints in Thor unless its through Selvig. Still a distinct possibility, but probably unlikely to repeat.

Some of this has already been setup by what Selvig said. You`re not getting that there`s already a basic plan I`m hinting at.

Pym is already out there.
GoTG is what brings Thanos into it

It has been done before for less important reasons with Widow...

Vision may be needed as a character to give the current team a good fight against Thanos.

They can`t add any other additional team members at this time unless some setup is done.

And they will need new recruits to defeat Thanos.
Even without the gauntlet.
Even if they manage to make Vision use the Ultron network to actually protect the world from Thanos and drive him back temporarily.

Still a distinct possibility he will return with the gauntlet in the third that way...
because there's absolutely NO REASON to mention ULTRON (which is and should be still "mostly" pyms creation)... pym is ultrons father... and while i want tony involved, i don't want him taking the spotlight upon it., and Ultron needs introduced WITH pym.

The Jarvis Ai we first saw in IM1, the robotics and maybe a little bit of the extremis tech should be part of what Pym uses from Stark (maybe the vibranium too) Maybe with the mandarin we are introduced to a red gem (power gem) that the mandarin uses to control his rings and people, (just like we got the mind gem in Avengers without saying it or calling attention to it) All these items come together in the Ant-Man film... and pym uses them to create ultron... THAT is how they should do it imo... It's far less conveluted...and handled much better.

that way this leaves one of the other gems to appear in Guardians, another to cameo in Cap 2, and a final one to appear in Thor 2 hinting at whats eventually coming with thanos.

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #563
LokiDionysos
Eternal

You`re still not getting that these aren`t the comics but there is an overall arc to it all.

The AFTER CREDITS are where the most obvious connections will be made. I`ve said I don`t know exactly how it works but AIM is a good start.

Sorry that I jump around so much. The entire franchise is what I`m talking about so it`s hard to keep it all in memory.

Some of this stuff I`m talking about is absolutely intended for much later in the franchise.

But we already have a rough outline for which movies we`ll be seeing. If they go out in the third movie with Ultron it might not top a Thanos only movie.

if they find a way to ally Thanos and Ultron, then it only looks slightly smaller than the Masters of Evil or Infinity Gauntlet movie that follows. I stress that it could go any way, but with Whedon turning in his early avengers 2 outline certain things are set in stone now up to phase 3 and there a only a few different paths outlined that lead us there.

there`s only certain movies that are involved in phase 2 and 3 that limits what they can do.

The amount of movies limits the amount of things you can cover.

So the reason this is happening is because it must to advance the overall plot towards the endgame.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #564
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
You`re still not getting that these aren`t the comics but there is an overall arc to it all. Sorry that I jump around so much. The entire franchise is what I`m talking about so it`s hard to keep it all in memory.

Some of this stuff I`m talking about is absolutely intended for much later in the franchise.

But we already have a rough outline for which movies we`ll be seeing. If they go out in the third movie with Ultron it might not top a Thanos only movie.

if they find a way to ally Thanos and Ultron, then it only looks slightly smaller than the Masters of Evil or Infinity Gauntlet movie that follows. I stress that it could go any way, but with Whedon turning in his early avengers 2 outline certain things are set in stone now up to phase 3 and there a only a few different paths outlined that lead us there.
Id almost prefer Ultron before thanos in avengers 2. a team-up of them would be horrid.. unless if Thanos is the villain in Avengers 2, tony and pym utilize ultron robots like his armor in IM3 and they are "good" and sent off into battle (ultron starting off as a drone for war is a great way to explain why they decided to build him) but one of the robots gets corrupted (mind gem) in the after credits. And thus "Ultron" is born. setting him up for a sequel.

I told a friend of mine before, if they ever wanted a "psuedo" civil war film... having the Avenger's creation (ultron) go bad, wreak havok, kill people, etc... would be a great way to start the registration act for the Movie universe.

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #565
LokiDionysos
Eternal

yeah I`ve been told it`s like a variation on an Earth`s mightiest heroes episode but never watched the show.
just the basic idea that the gov`t wants to use Ultron, Shield kind of agrees with this at first.

So I`m thinking the govt sees it mainly as a tool that Mandarin was using and only the viewer & jarvis would know it`s anything important from the hints and after credits.

It falls into the military`s hands and that starts the disagreements over whether or not to use it.
Stark is trying to make it safe, so he`d still be creating it... but we`d also learn more about how Pym originally created it.

I`m thinking Pym & Cap wouldn`t want to use it, and Stark might if he thinks it`s just technology that the mandarin was using.
It doesn`t start a civil war because Shield eventually switches to the side of not using it once Jan & Pym warn them. The govt wants to step in with what`s going on. Thanos would start his attack early in the movie, and the Ultron stuff would mainly be a situation turned even worse by the gov`t. Shield actually reacting appropriately, bringing Stark to his senses.

Jarvis would think that he stopped it and not tell Stark about the extent of his encounter while Stark was fighting mandarin. focusing on controlling the other armors.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #566
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i don't think the Mandarin will be using "ultron" though

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #567
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Yeah you could be right. mandarin may be controlling many things, the extremis soldiers, and even coldblood with his programming--but Ultron might be the one thing he didn`t actually have control over.

I wouldn`t make it so that Ultron is simply using Mandarin or anything. More like ultron has even bigger goals that mandarin could move along. Mandarin had his own goals and the AI thought he would go along with them even after showing signs of freewill.

He needs some technologically infused slaves. He may like part of Mandarin`s plan to create an army of Extremis soldiers who can be controlled and infused with technology. Mandarin wants to create the next generation of super soldier for his army.
in this scenario, jarvis would have stopped Ultron from taking control of everything the mandarin was building into his empire.
Although the effects of this are not felt immediately because they thought they only stopped all the rest of Mandarin`s empire, and it put a dent in whatever plans Ultron had.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #568
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i don't think there will be an ultron in IM3 though.. at all. he won't be able to control him because he wont be there.. lol

i applaud you for your imagination... but i think it goes a bit overboard.

I HIGHLY doubt Mandarin and Ultron will be connected... (unless mandarin has a gem that the ultron robot eventually acquires in some other film)

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #569
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
never said they were.. just saying.. having the pyms work for AIM and having Janet going to great lengths for something or being "slightly out of character" for a moment... doesn't mean they're not "in name only"
Having the Pyms work for AIM would be *entirely* out of character, would make them "in name only," and would be an incredibly stupid thing to do vis a vis their membership in the Avengers.

If Hank and/or Janet wind up working for AIM, and entering the MCU as bad guys (even if they change their colors later on) who fight SHIELD and Stark Industries, there is absolutely no way in hell they would ever be granted membership to the Avengers at some later date. They'd be wayyyy too much of a security risk; not to mention that Stark would probably take it very personally, if he was on the receiving end of AIM's shenanigans.

Put Pym and Janet in AIM, and you've virtually written them out of the Avengers, the group they, you know, actually belong to....? Remember....? Nice going.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #570
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Having the Pyms work for AIM would be *entirely* out of character, would make them "in name only," and would be an incredibly stupid thing to do vis a vis their membership in the Avengers.

If Hank and/or Janet wind up working for AIM, and entering the MCU as bad guys (even if they change their colors later on) who fight SHIELD and Stark Industries, there is absolutely no way in hell they would ever be granted membership to the Avengers at some later date. They'd be wayyyy too much of a security risk; not to mention that Stark would probably take it very personally, if he was on the receiving end of AIM's shenanigans.

Put Pym and Janet in AIM, and you've virtually written them out of the Avengers, the group they, you know, actually belong to....? Remember....? Nice going.
again... you're a bit "assuming" things...

what if after SHIELD took aways pyms research, AIM approached him and hired him on to continue his research (jan and hank are completely unaware of AIMS inner workings.. nor do they know they are working for an "evil organization" That's not out of character at all...

once they find out about who they are working for... they try to get out

I actually would't be shocked at all if this is what ends up happening. And i actually think it's quite genius. It tells a pretty compelling story

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #571
LokiDionysos
Eternal

It would be compelling if they go with that plan and maybe a little emotional when they finally reunite and we see the reason they got split up. Their relationship as partners would go much further than Widow and Hawkeye on emotional levels.

Part of it has them separated for a long time because of the problems created by this and even Wasp hasn`t seen or heard from Pym in a long time.

So Shield`s not so recent mistake that Fury was talking about cost them a couple good heroes. And heroes are how you win battles. Not soldiers.
Not soldiers anymore, like Mandarin thinks they are.

if they did go forward with a lot of the stuff I learned at the conceptual stage I`ll know for sure as we get more information and that allows me to kind of narrow things down. I`m purposely combining a lot of things. Things that may or may not be combined. Right now i would say I`m only at about 50-50 on the likelihood that the Ultron scenario plays out in this movie. At this point I`m as sure as i can be without seeing the film that she is Wasp. So that`s the only reason the whole Ultron thing seems possible. It really could be there`s no Ultron and mandarin simply utilizes AIM technology. But i think if you can include Ultron you should.

I can almost guarantee that an Avengers sequel with Ultron, Vision and Thanos would make even more money than the first. If planned right the third movie can be just as big too, with either masters or infinity gauntlet. Alternatively if they`re set on doing the gauntlet and saving Thanos by that time, then CA3 becomes a masters of evil type movie and many of caps allies in Winter Soldier help him deal with this major problem led by a returning Red Skull. You`ve gotta have someone else for the other characters to fight along the way so it`s not all Thanos all the time. And Thanos could almost only be engaged in direct combat with certain characters for certain amounts of time. So the remnants of the defeated Ultron network + Vision turning good would help shift the balance in the end. Some of the characters can be busy dealing with Ultron while the heavy hitters take turns against what Thanos has in store.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #572
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
It would be compelling if they go with that plan and maybe a little emotional when they finally reunite and we see the reason they got split up.

Part of it has them separated for a long time because of the problems created by this and even Wasp hasn`t seen or heard from Pym in a long time.

So Shield`s not so recent mistake that Fury was talking about cost them a couple good heroes. And heroes are how you win battles. Not soldiers.
Not soldiers anymore, like Mandarin thinks they are.

if they did go forward with a lot of the stuff I learned at the conceptual stage I`ll know for sure as we get more information and that allows me to kind of narrow things down. Right now i would say I`m only at about 50-50 on the likelihood that the Ultron scenario plays out in this movie. At this point I`m as sure as i can be without seeing the film that she is Wasp. So that`s the only reason the whole Ultron thing seems possible. It really could be there`s no Ultron and mandarin simply utilizes AIM technology. But i think if you can include Ultron you should.

I can almost guarantee that an Avengers sequel with Ultron, Vision and Thanos would make even more money than the first. If planned right the third movie can be big too, with either masters or infinity gauntlet. Alternatively if they`re set on doing the gauntlet and saving Thanos by that time, then CA3 becomes a masters of evil type movie and many of caps allies in Winter Soldier help him deal with this major problem led by a returning Red Skull. You`ve gotta have someone else for the other characters to fight along the way so it`s not all Thanos all the time. And Thanos could only be engaged in direct combat with a few characters. So the remnants of the defeated Ultron network + Vision turning good would help shift the balance in the end. some of the characters can be busy dealing with Ultron while the heavy hitters take turns against what Thanos has in store.
what makes you assume or where have you heard that Janet and Hank are separated... ?? you keep referring to this, but i have absolutely no clue why

and ultron isn't possible without pym... Janet doesn't need to be connected at all.. so just because Jan may appear... doesn't mean ultron will ...

[=]
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #573
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I know no one wants them to go the route of Civil War, but I think it'd be cool if they in A2 Ultron/Vision are the main bad guys, with Thanos mainly behind the scenes. Then in A3 they use the nanite technology to control the 8+ captured Villians from the previous movies to fight the main baddie of Thanos who then break free of control and have to decide to keep helping or join Thanos. Then chaos ensues.

...pretty cool finale ending to Phase 3 right?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #574
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

You`ve got me all wrong and Spideyboy just got the gist of the concept I`m getting at.

They wouldn`t be villains at all.

Well Pym may not want to be a hero until he sees the problem he created come back to haunt him... but that doesn`t make him a villain.

Shield chased them away.

Selvig makes reference to this in the first Thor.

They ended up working for AIM, but only because AIM is operating under the radar right now and so is Jan.

She doesn`t know much about Stark at this point.
She wouldn`t be working against him at all and if they`d went all the way with it she`d be actively searching for him at AIM. As it stands I think she thinks Stark is involved with AIM (which he is) and she knows he`s involved with Shield (who she doesn`t like at this point and almost blames as much as AIM for Pym`s disappearance.

Stark lets her know she can trust them, whoever she is, but she`s not telling.
We have to wait until the end to find out who she is and why she`s interested in AIM.

In the past AIM was even more innocuous seeming, but whatever happened means she`s not actually working with AIM.
More like trying to stop whatever they`re doing with this technology from a different angle Stark doesn`t know about yet.
The idea is to make Wasp as much of a leader as Iron Man and Cap.
She makes her own clothes & superhero costumes that can interact with the pym paticles.
And she chooses her own missions now.

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 01-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #575
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Wasn't Selvig referring to Banner in the first Thor? That's how I took it.