http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #628
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Hardly.
Which is your opinion..Just because she's never interested you doesn't mean others are wrong in thinking she is. Shes held the team together through a lot of hard times. Wasp has that up-beat, bubbly personality and one of the few Avengers that loves to be a superhero and has fun doing it.

Last edited by Terror Inc.; 01-07-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #629
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
No really though, she's never interested me at all and seems to get in the way more than actually do anything worthwhile.

If they want to add more characters that can spin off into a franchise and add more depth Wasp isn't one of them.
not many avengers left they can actually "spin a franchise" off with actually... You might not like her.. but she's an important team member, and is often the moral compass of the team. She's the heart.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #630
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

But whether she's the heart or not is irrelevant... She's not as important a character to the PLOT to set her up so far in advance... She's a character that can easily be introduced after Pym (or at the same time) and won't require much set up. Pym, on the other hand, MIGHT, simply because his involvement as a character leads to Ultron and that might be something Marvel wants to set up.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #631
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The true heart and soul of the team is Son of Coul.

- CM Punk
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #632
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Is anyone else concerned by the fact that they are still shooting scenes? I'm guessing they are editing and doing fx shots concurrent to the overseas shoots, but yeah, hope shane black isn't spreading himself too thin..

Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #633
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

I wouldn't be surprised if the bits they're filming now will only be seen on monitors in the movie.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #634
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Could just be minor pick-up stuff.

Captain America was still shooting up until like March right before Avengers started shooting.

- CM Punk
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #635
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The true heart and soul of the team is Son of Coul.
Yo G, you got mad skills in your rhymes. Put a beat on that ****.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #636
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

You're all wrong. Vision is the heart of the team.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #637
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
Which is your opinion..Just because she's never interested you doesn't mean others are wrong in thinking she is. Shes held the team together through a lot of hard times. Wasp has that up-beat, bubbly personality and one of the few Avengers that loves to be a superhero and has fun doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
not many avengers left they can actually "spin a franchise" off with actually... You might not like her.. but she's an important team member, and is often the moral compass of the team. She's the heart.
....which is precisely why she should not, under any circumstances, be portrayed as some shady spy working for the bad guys, skulking around and beating up Tony Stark and/or molesting him. (As the "Szostak is Wasp!!!" crowd would have it.)

Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #638
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

i don't care what role, if any, she plays in IM3.. I just think it would be cool to have it be Janet. And then down the road they explain why she crossed paths w/ Tony. I don't need her to have major plot points or anything like that, just toss her in there and explain a little bit more in Cap2 or something like " we have agents undercover in AIM" and then full reveal in avengers.. like no more than maybe 10 total minutes from her until Avengers2. Or is that still too much for everyone who doesnt want her?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #639
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
....which is precisely why she should not, under any circumstances, be portrayed as some shady spy working for the bad guys, skulking around and beating up Tony Stark and/or molesting him. (As the "Szostak is Wasp!!!" crowd would have it.)
Just read this after my post. I don;t think anyone who wants to see Szostak as Wasp wants to see her as a shady spy who's a bad guy that wants to beat up Tony. Idk where you got that from cause I've been pretty current on this thread lately and can't remember one person saying that.

If you've actually read Loki's posts, (long as they are) you see that he says that she is basically infiltrating AIM to retrieve something stolen (in his case Ultron AI) and in his theories (or diluted facts) Tony has something to do with it without his knowing. And that we will get no knowledge of who she actually is until after credits.

No where in there is she a bad guy or trying to molest/hurt Stark, that character just won't be fully explained in the context of the movie until after the credits where we see that she's working for the greater good and on his side. I don't see how you and others can't roll w/ that scenario.

And I don't mean any disrepect to you Sam or anyone else who doesn't agree w/ this option. (we all have our opinions) I just think it's silly that you seem so against it, when adding Wasp/Ultron is the next logical step when trying to focus on a "more personal" Avengers2

edit:

I mean personally I don't know much about the comics themselves, I've never read anything. But as a general audience member who wasn't into Marvel before the movies came out (like 90% of the general movie going public out there i'd assume) Why wouldn't you want to see new characters as much as possible? I mean these people are professionals they aren't going to screw it up. Maybe as a comic heavy person, adding her in an Iron Man movie makes zero sense and is out of the personality of the character, but in the Marvel Movie World, where only 4 movies stand before the next big Avengers flick 2 being ruled out due to space/other realms why not add her in now to keep people wondering, just like the thanos preview or the hawkeye preview right?

Last edited by mkilban2; 01-08-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #640
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^Good Post

Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #641
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
You're all wrong. Vision is the heart of the team.
No individual member is at the heart of the team.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #642
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I would have thought Cap served as the heart of the team... At least in the MCU.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #643
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Has anyone else noticed that the new armour has been called both the Mark 42 and the Mark 47 by various news reports. Is it a typo, or will Tony have two different extremis-powered suits in the movie?

As for Marks 43-46.. that's anyone's guess.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #644
Adamantium
Your King

Maybe someone did elsewhere in the thread, I don't know, but I like the idea of it being Janet and it not being revealed until later who she was/is. I could see it definitely as a indirect way of setting up her and Pym to ease into the MCU. A concern that everyone has had is that Ant-Man as a movie is a risk because most of the GA doesn't know about him or thinks it would be a goofy or corny movie. And if it is a prequel so to speak then how else would they try and spark interest for the character/movie if they don't try to intrigue the GA some how? Obviously they can't do this for GotG which is a bigger gamble with a talking raccoon. I think they will do it right, I'm personally not concerned. I think it would be dumb to just throw Ultron/Pym into Avengers 2. Sure, people may be intrigued for Ant-Man based on A2 alone but I think the payoff would be greater to do it the way Loki has conveyed.

Last edited by Adamantium; 01-08-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #645
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I would have thought Cap served as the heart of the team... At least in the MCU.
Yep. Cap was *always* THE heart, soul, and leadership of The Avengers, even in absentia, and even after his death. He's what the team was all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
i don't care what role, if any, she plays in IM3.. I just think it would be cool to have it be Janet. And then down the road they explain why she crossed paths w/ Tony. I don't need her to have major plot points or anything like that, just toss her in there and explain a little bit more in Cap2 or something like " we have agents undercover in AIM" and then full reveal in avengers.. like no more than maybe 10 total minutes from her until Avengers2. Or is that still too much for everyone who doesnt want her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Just read this after my post. I don;t think anyone who wants to see Szostak as Wasp wants to see her as a shady spy who's a bad guy that wants to beat up Tony. Idk where you got that from cause I've been pretty current on this thread lately and can't remember one person saying that.

If you've actually read Loki's posts, (long as they are) you see that he says that she is basically infiltrating AIM to retrieve something stolen (in his case Ultron AI) and in his theories (or diluted facts) Tony has something to do with it without his knowing. And that we will get no knowledge of who she actually is until after credits.

No where in there is she a bad guy or trying to molest/hurt Stark, that character just won't be fully explained in the context of the movie until after the credits where we see that she's working for the greater good and on his side. I don't see how you and others can't roll w/ that scenario.

And I don't mean any disrepect to you Sam or anyone else who doesn't agree w/ this option. (we all have our opinions) I just think it's silly that you seem so against it, when adding Wasp/Ultron is the next logical step when trying to focus on a "more personal" Avengers2

edit:

I mean personally I don't know much about the comics themselves, I've never read anything. But as a general audience member who wasn't into Marvel before the movies came out (like 90% of the general movie going public out there i'd assume) Why wouldn't you want to see new characters as much as possible? I mean these people are professionals they aren't going to screw it up. Maybe as a comic heavy person, adding her in an Iron Man movie makes zero sense and is out of the personality of the character, but in the Marvel Movie World, where only 4 movies stand before the next big Avengers flick 2 being ruled out due to space/other realms why not add her in now to keep people wondering, just like the thanos preview or the hawkeye preview right?
This is *exactly* why I'm so dead set against Janet Van Dyne appearing in IM3 in the context of that problematic scene in the trailer, and in the theory that she's some sort of spy infiltrating AIM (that's what spies do --- infiltrate), even if she's doing it "for the greater good."

Janet Van Dyne belongs to exactly two franchises: Avengers and Ant-Man. She has a very definite power set, a very definite personality, and a very definite role within the Avengers, none of which are authentically and accurately conveyed by the IM3/Szostak theories currently going around.

If Marvel starts going the route of INOs (In Name Onlys) --- and NOTHING in their film history indicates they will, other than Whiplash --- then you can kiss the studio goodbye. Because that's *exactly* why the studio was formed, to bring their properties back under their creative control to *accurately* portray their comics universe, instead of letting individual filmmakers run roughshod over their characters and turning them into jokes/wastes of space.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #646
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I thought this film was going to focus on Tony and not be a set up to Avengers 2?!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #647
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

If she was to be involved at ALL, I would love it if she was just a scientist working for AIM. Maybe at the end, Tony, recognising her and her work, tells her she's too good for AIM and that she should work for him. Something simple like that would be fine with me... We don't need complicated reasons and motivations.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #648
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Feige already said there wouldn't be Avengers cameo's in IM3 and that's it's pretty much a standalone film.

There's no secrecy around Szostak's role either. Her character just isn't important enough for an announcement.

Also, that shot of her in the trailer reminds me of the pink haired girl from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #649
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I fail to see how people think Szostak will be anything major, as an actress she is a nobody, if they were gonna add Wasp as a role it would be a named actress ... I guess.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #650
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Feige already said there wouldn't be Avengers cameo's in IM3 and that's it's pretty much a standalone film.

There's no secrecy around Szostak's role either. Her character just isn't important enough for an announcement.

Also, that shot of her in the trailer reminds me of the pink haired girl from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
He said no cameos ... A cameo is a 5 secondish non-speaking or one liner segments.... Like all of stan lees, hawkeye in Thor, and wolverine and Rebecca in xmen fc..... They're just mere seconds of film... Not shown though the film and truly have no active role in moving the film forward.. Cameos are bonus surprises

Anything longer than that is not a cameo. Widow was not a cameo in IM2, Juggernaut/Callisto/Quill,Multiple Man/Psylocke in X3 unfortunately were not cameos ....

Easter Eggs are also something different... They're essentially cameos of references to future films, or nods to the films/characters/comic books etc... Like hank mccoy on the tv in X2, the items in odins vault, the map in IM2 etc ..

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread