Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #651
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I fail to see how people think Szostak will be anything major, as an actress she is a nobody, if they were gonna add Wasp as a role it would be a named actress ... I guess.
As someone said before.... So wasn't Hemsworth and Hiddleston

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #652
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
He said no cameos ... A cameo is a 5 secondish non-speaking or one liner segments.... Like all of stan lees, hawkeye in Thor, and wolverine and Rebecca in xmen fc..... They're just mere seconds of film... Not shown though the film and truly have no active role in moving the film forward.. Cameos are bonus surprises

Anything longer than that is not a cameo. Widow was not a cameo in IM2, Juggernaut/Callisto/Quill,Multiple Man/Psylocke in X3 unfortunately were not cameos ....

Easter Eggs are also something different... They're essentially cameos of references to future films, or nods to the films/characters/comic books etc... Like hank mccoy on the tv in X2, the items in odins vault, the map in IM2 etc ..
His exact words:
Quote:
Iron Man 3 doesn’t feature any of the other Avengers, or Nick Fury showing up, or any of those world-blending conceits that the Phase One films had. You have to keep in mind that Iron Man 3 had been in the works for almost a year, year and a half before The Avengers was released. We’re sticking to the vision for these films, and showing once again that these characters are just as interesting alone as they are together.
http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige...tone-and-more/

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #653
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

^QFT, Moridin.

"doesn't feature any of the other Avengers, or Nick Fury showing up, or any of those world-blending conceits that the Phase One films had" pretty much shuts down the Wasp argument, full stop.

Here's the way Janet and Hank *should* and likely *will* be introduced to the MCU: Ant-Man begins filming this year, according to Wright (and best buddy Simon Pegg, who may or may not be involved in the film). Avengers 2 releases May 1, 2015, and Ant-Man on November 6 of that year. So Ant-Man will be in post (barring any *further* delays by Mr. Wright.....) by the time Joss goes behind the camera for Avengers 2. That means that Hank and Janet will already be cast by Edgar Wright, will have their personalities firmly established by Edgar Wright, and will be fully available to guest-star (even in smaller roles) in Avengers 2.

So, if we get Hank and Janet *introduced* in Avengers 2, where they belong, then you've set the hook for audiences for their solo/couple debut 6 months later in Ant-Man, where they also belong. And that keeps them far, far away from Iron Man 3, where they don't belong.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #654
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Pretty much this. Feige was aware of the criticisms of IM2. Time to give up the ghost Spideyboy.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #655
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Lol what is a 'named actor'. Are there many actors out there without names?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #656
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Lol what is a 'named actor'. Are there many actors out there without names?
Have you never heard of '.........'? I guess not, few have.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #657
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Oh wait no, I did love................for his/her work in..............directed by................Independent cinema is the best.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #658
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

I really hope that Ant-Man and Wasp are introduced together or at least are a couple. Honestly, I'd rather have the film called "Ant-Man and Wasp." They could be like a super-powered Tracy & Hepburn.

I feel like Wasp has more potential as a character. She has a bit more spunk (especially on the recent Avengers cartoon), and the team needs another female. I like the idea of a bantering superhero couple, especially one who spends time with bugs.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #659
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I took that statement as he meant that other avengers and such won't be involved, like fury, thor, cap, widow. But I don't think that necessarily means a no to introducing new characters.

call me the select minority, and give me crap all you want, but for now, I will believe the guy who "CLAIMS" he has a source, over assumptions, and given the fact that some things he said about the avengers turned out to be true, I will believe him UNTIL I see ironman 3. If he's wrong, then he's wrong, and that's that. But as of right now, it's still speculation, and while it differs from others, or seems "less plausible" its still ALL speculation. that's the fact of the matter.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #660
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yep. Cap was *always* THE heart, soul, and leadership of The Avengers, even in absentia, and even after his death. He's what the team was all about.
cap is the leader and above all the symbol if the team... Jan is the heart. There's a difference. The heart usually has the innocence the leader lacks

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #661
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
cap is the leader and above all the symbol if the team... Jan is the heart. There's a difference. The heart usually has the innocence the leader lacks
once again I am the select minority. But I could do without Jan Appearing in the avengers. EVER. I know she is the heart and soul of the team in the comics, but there is something about her character that I really don't like. Having someone who is the heart and soul, and there for moral support, well/ for me, I have trouble seeing that character on screen. Especially if she is how she is in the comics. I never like wasp, and could do without her to be honest. As important as she is

though I agree with Sam. Cap is the heart, and soul, but so is Jan. But it's in a different way. Ya know? Like, she is literally the heart and soul and moral support aspect of it. But cap is literally the heart and soul of the team, BECAUSE he's the leader and essentially a perfect human being. No disrespect to her, but in terms of building the team up, and you know, like, getting everyone mentally prepared, Cap is the guy, Janet isn't. I see Janet's heart and soul quality different than Captain America's

Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #662
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Lol Steve Rogers ISN'T innocent? Have you seen Avengers? He's one cookie away from being a girl scout :P

Also, even if I agreed that Jan WAS the heart of the time, that's besides the point. She's not as significant to the PLOT of the Avengers that she needs a back story. She might play a key role in the team dynamic but she's not crucial enough to need big lead up to her appearance. She could justifiably turn up in the Avengers or Antman movie and be perfectly easy to accept as a character. You don't need to build her up in Iron Man, regardless of whether she's the heart, soul or spleen of the team.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #663
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Pretty much this. Feige was aware of the criticisms of IM2. Time to give up the ghost Spideyboy.
Give up what ghost? Im not pressing for her to be in it or thinking she will be at all... The rumors are just that. Do i think it would be cool? Definitely if the story lends it to be.

People keep wording fieges comments as "cameo" which is why i say that term means nothing about expanded roles.

His comments do suggest there will be no blending.... I don't know how honest he's being because i assume there may be tiny pieces even if not characters. Easter Eggs if you will... That connect (like the tesseract as well as caps shield in IM2)

That being said i do love Janet as a character and do hope to see her. I see both sides of the coins on this rumor mill and have questioned both cherokee and loki on there stances....

Don't assume crap

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #664
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I took that statement as he meant that other avengers and such won't be involved, like fury, thor, cap, widow. But I don't think that necessarily means a no to introducing new characters.

call me the select minority, and give me crap all you want, but for now, I will believe the guy who "CLAIMS" he has a source, over assumptions, and given the fact that some things he said about the avengers turned out to be true, I will believe him UNTIL I see ironman 3. If he's wrong, then he's wrong, and that's that. But as of right now, it's still speculation, and while it differs from others, or seems "less plausible" its still ALL speculation. that's the fact of the matter.
This...

While not everyone has real or accurate "sources" i also know what it feels to have sources and not be believed. People claimed i was full of crap during spiderman3's filming when my source at Sonys art department told me about "the new goblin" and his snow board, paintball mask, and sword.... until i was proved correct

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #665
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Lol Steve Rogers ISN'T innocent? Have you seen Avengers? He's one cookie away from being a girl scout :P

Also, even if I agreed that Jan WAS the heart of the time, that's besides the point. She's not as significant to the PLOT of the Avengers that she needs a back story. She might play a key role in the team dynamic but she's not crucial enough to need big lead up to her appearance. She could justifiably turn up in the Avengers or Antman movie and be perfectly easy to accept as a character. You don't need to build her up in Iron Man, regardless of whether she's the heart, soul or spleen of the team.
Im talking about comics Steve. I think in the books he's a little less boyscout and more of a soldier. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty if he needs to

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #666
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well that's funny, since most people here are talking about movie Avengers... I guess that makes your points largely void? :P

Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #667
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

though I agree with Sam. Cap is the heart, and soul, but so is Jan. But it's in a different way. Ya know? Like, she is literally the heart and soul and moral support aspect of it. But cap is literally the heart and soul of the team, BECAUSE he's the leader and essentially a perfect human being. No disrespect to her, but in terms of building the team up, and you know, like, getting everyone mentally prepared, Cap is the guy, Janet isn't. I see Janet's heart and soul quality different than Captain America's
This is a much better way of explaining it. Thank you

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #668
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Well that's funny, since most people here are talking about movie Avengers... I guess that makes your points largely void? :P
Not really considering the only thing we can base characters yet to appear in film are the comics....

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #669
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

A good example of Jan foe the movies would be during the hellicarrier group argument before lokis attack... Wasp would have been the one trying to calm everyone down.eesspecially tony and Steve when they butt heads

Old 01-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #670
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

So you're assuming that Jan is going to fulfil the role that's already been fulfilled? I suppose that makes sense, in a not really kinda way.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #671
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Give up what ghost? Im not pressing for her to be in it or thinking she will be at all... The rumors are just that. Do i think it would be cool? Definitely if the story lends it to be.

People keep wording fieges comments as "cameo" which is why i say that term means nothing about expanded roles.

His comments do suggest there will be no blending.... I don't know how honest he's being because i assume there may be tiny pieces even if not characters. Easter Eggs if you will... That connect (like the tesseract as well as caps shield in IM2)

That being said i do love Janet as a character and do hope to see her. I see both sides of the coins on this rumor mill and have questioned both cherokee and loki on there stances....

Don't assume crap
There's no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Your cameo argument isn't all that relevant. These boards, and other sites, have been referring to those roles as cameos since at least around the time the movie came out and you've been posting long enough to have seen quite a bit of that. It's a common enough use of the term, whether it's strictly true in your eyes or not.

To come out now and try to remind people that's not strictly the definition of cameos seems a little transparent since you still seem hung up on the Janet rumour and you only seem interested in the term so you could dissect Feige's words to your liking.

You say you're not pressing for her to be in it or that thinking she will, but then you go on to profess your love for the character and the hope to see her. That coupled with your attitude in previous posts about the rumour does give a contradictory impression.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #672
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Maybe someone did elsewhere in the thread, I don't know, but I like the idea of it being Janet and it not being revealed until later who she was/is. I could see it definitely as a indirect way of setting up her and Pym to ease into the MCU. A concern that everyone has had is that Ant-Man as a movie is a risk because most of the GA doesn't know about him or thinks it would be a goofy or corny movie. And if it is a prequel so to speak then how else would they try and spark interest for the character/movie if they don't try to intrigue the GA some how? Obviously they can't do this for GotG which is a bigger gamble with a talking raccoon. I think they will do it right, I'm personally not concerned. I think it would be dumb to just throw Ultron/Pym into Avengers 2. Sure, people may be intrigued for Ant-Man based on A2 alone but I think the payoff would be greater to do it the way Loki has conveyed.
Agreed, it only makes sense to introduce her here. Why put a throw away character like Cable or Madame Hydra or those women who I don't know and try and set them up for an Iron Man 4... which might never happen. When you can add a character you'll see in a few more movies in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yep. Cap was *always* THE heart, soul, and leadership of The Avengers, even in absentia, and even after his death. He's what the team was all about.

This is *exactly* why I'm so dead set against Janet Van Dyne appearing in IM3 in the context of that problematic scene in the trailer, and in the theory that she's some sort of spy infiltrating AIM (that's what spies do --- infiltrate), even if she's doing it "for the greater good."

Janet Van Dyne belongs to exactly two franchises: Avengers and Ant-Man. She has a very definite power set, a very definite personality, and a very definite role within the Avengers, none of which are authentically and accurately conveyed by the IM3/Szostak theories currently going around.

If Marvel starts going the route of INOs (In Name Onlys) --- and NOTHING in their film history indicates they will, other than Whiplash --- then you can kiss the studio goodbye. Because that's *exactly* why the studio was formed, to bring their properties back under their creative control to *accurately* portray their comics universe, instead of letting individual filmmakers run roughshod over their characters and turning them into jokes/wastes of space.
You just really need to get over that this cinematic universe isn;t your good ole' comic book world. This media only has a limit amount of screen time to get everything told and everyone in their places where as the comics can take weeks and months to fufill a small story. Just because she's being brought in in a way that's out of her character does not mean she is going to be portrated INO. I don't believe that Wasp is a character that more than maybe 15 total people who see the movie, will be upset if they place her in an Iron Man movie to introduce her when the movie that explains her being there is coming up.

I'm sticking by LokiD, he seems to know his stuff and from what he's told me in PMs about certain solid info and other rumored info I'm super confident it's going to be Janet. Plus who is going to go through that much typing and posting to just straight up lie? You guys are taking what he says for granted haha.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #673
Adamantium
Your King

I don't see it as a way to build Wasps back story but a way to provide a lead to Ultron's conception and/or Hank Pym's story. I figure it to be a way to provide just enough info so people aren't watching Avengers 2 and be like "who the h*** is Janet and Hank?" They would've seen some dots indirectly planted in a few spaces along the way that explain why they just showed up seemingly out of nowhere. Then they see an after credits scene after Avengers 2 that alludes to Ant-Man and they are even more curious to see a prequel to this whole universe. I see it as a way to push the GA to WANT to see an Ant-Man movie that has been scoffed at when the idea of such a movie has been mentioned.

Last edited by Adamantium; 01-08-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #674
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
So you're assuming that Jan is going to fulfil the role that's already been fulfilled? I suppose that makes sense, in a not really kinda way.
I think for Jan's kinda role.... it takes a woman to do it. Even cap loses his cool a bit when arguing with stark...

[=]
Old 01-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #675
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
There's no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Your cameo argument isn't all that relevant. These boards, and other sites, have been referring to those roles as cameos since at least around the time the movie came out and you've been posting long enough to have seen quite a bit of that. It's a common enough use of the term, whether it's strictly true in your eyes or not.

To come out now and try to remind people that's not strictly the definition of cameos seems a little transparent since you still seem hung up on the Janet rumour and you only seem interested in the term so you could dissect Feige's words to your liking.

You say you're not pressing for her to be in it or that thinking she will, but then you go on to profess your love for the character and the hope to see her. That coupled with your attitude in previous posts about the rumour does give a contradictory impression.
again.. my cameo comments were based on what others were saying. I obviously thought that's what fiege said... As for the term cameo... it is what it is... i don't care what other sites say... a cameo is a cameo and a casted role is a casted role. The movie industry can tell the truth, flat out lie, or carefully choose certain words.. where they can appear to be saying one thing but due to the way they're wording it.. they might not. Like "cameo" can mean no "hawkeye" like in thor... but that doesn't mean we wont get a "black widow" like in ironman... it happens all the time in the entertainment industry.

So my point was to not believe everything at face value or what it seems... regardless of what you feel is happening in these movies.

as for janet. dude grow up, I can enjoy a character, want a character.. and speculate about how she could work... but that doesn't mean I think it's going to actually happen. I'm not "pressing for her to be in this film" just hopeful and speculating.

[=]
Closed Thread