The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #826
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Roger Wardell@RogerWardell
Inside News: When Stephanie Szostak's role is for Iron Man 3 is announced, fans will go crazy.

Did anybody put this Twitter post up...?
Yup, long ago. Before Wardell stopped tweeting altogether, after one of the CBM websites called him out as a fraud on Dec. 4.

(I notice LokiD has stopped posting, too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Has anything Roger Wardell tweeted ever been confirmed?
Just that the Chitauri would be the bad guys in Avengers. His Wardell-ite followers acted like that was an out-of-left-field revelation, when the truth is that the Chitauri were one of the VERY first enemies in general speculation on the Avengers film, given that they were the bad guys in Ultimates Vol. 1.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #827
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Yeah, I don't know why people give him the time of day... He's just spouting the most obvious fan speculations without any evidence

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #828
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Has anything Roger Wardell tweeted ever been confirmed?
Sam said

Quote:
Just that the Chitauri would be the bad guys in Avengers. His Wardell-ite followers acted like that was an out-of-left-field revelation, when the truth is that the Chitauri were one of the VERY first enemies in general speculation on the Avengers film, given that they were the bad guys in Ultimates Vol. 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Yeah, I don't know why people give him the time of day... He's just spouting the most obvious fan speculations without any evidence
He and LokiD's thoughts are like bouncing off each other.

I don't recall the chitauri being mentioned during our spseculation. I remember skrulls, badoon, and MOSTLY sons of muspelheim, no one said anything about the Chitauri. IIRC

Nothing has been confirmed, or even mentioned. We'll find out come ironman 3 if these two are full of **** or not.

I really don't understand why a lot of you guys are trying to hard to make them out to be wrong, and putting down hthe people who believe them. Let's say they are right, then that's it, they are right. They are wrong and full of it, then that's it, they kept some of us going, and made the anticipation phase much more enjoyable. However you guys are to the point where it's almost insulting to the people who are trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, like, it's SOO obvious that they are trolling. And you guys make it out like we are idiots for giving them the benefit of the doubt. It's not a fact that you are right, its NOT. It's not a fact that they are right. So there is really no need to try and make the people who are giving them the benefit of the doubt feel like idiots for believing them, which is what a lot of you, especially you two have been doing lol. Back off a little bit guys.

Come ironman 3, if they are indeed full of ****, then go ahead, you told us so lol. But the movie is still 3 months away

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #829
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

That's not the point. It COULD be right. It may well turn out to be the case.

The point is that with ANYTHING, unless there's proof or in the very least, SOME kind of source of vague evidence that leads us to think that, there's not reason at all to believe it.

This is exactly what i flagged weeks ago. One guy posts a theory, says he got it from a source. People start talking about it to the point where the idea sounds very appealing. Now we get someone tweeting about it and all of a sudden it's going to become wide spread 'fact' on the interwebs.

I don't care if someone is speculating or enjoying fan wishful thinking, it's only when wilful ignorance takes over that I take issue, and anyone who believes the entirety of LokiD's story is doing just that.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #830
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

At what point was anyone trying to make you out to be an idiot or actually insult you?

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #831
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Also, I had just read a bunch of Wardell's tweets and he IS mostly full of crap. If it's insulting to you for us to bag him out then my best advice would be to deal with it, since I don't see Wardell getting any more credible.

And calling him out for his Iron Man 3 rumour isn't having a got at your beliefs, it's that it is the 7th or 8th of his 'predictions' in a row and none of them have been proved yet but people are still quoting his tweets like there is somehow authority to them.

Anyone who treats those tweets or anything like them with anything other than a grain of salt, is an idiot.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #832
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yup, long ago. Before Wardell stopped tweeting altogether, after one of the CBM websites called him out as a fraud on Dec. 4.

(I notice LokiD has stopped posting, too.)



Just that the Chitauri would be the bad guys in Avengers. His Wardell-ite followers acted like that was an out-of-left-field revelation, when the truth is that the Chitauri were one of the VERY first enemies in general speculation on the Avengers film, given that they were the bad guys in Ultimates Vol. 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
That's not the point. It COULD be right. It may well turn out to be the case.

The point is that with ANYTHING, unless there's proof or in the very least, SOME kind of source of vague evidence that leads us to think that, there's not reason at all to believe it.

This is exactly what i flagged weeks ago. One guy posts a theory, says he got it from a source. People start talking about it to the point where the idea sounds very appealing. Now we get someone tweeting about it and all of a sudden it's going to become wide spread 'fact' on the interwebs.

I don't care if someone is speculating or enjoying fan wishful thinking, it's only when wilful ignorance takes over that I take issue, and anyone who believes the entirety of LokiD's story is doing just that.
LokiD's claims are small. I don't buy his full stories.
I talked to him privately so see what he claimed he knew. All Loki is CLAIMING is characters. That's it. Just characters. JUST characters. he told me about his source. And the long posts he writes in the threads, they ARE bs. I hopped off the wardell train, I do take his with a grain of salt. a lot of his stuff is horse crap. But there was a time when I did beleive him. But with what LokiD told me privately, I am WILLING to give him the benefit of the doubt, regarding the CHARACTERS that will be appearing, so he says. It seems plausible, he explained his source, and what the hell, I am willing to give HIM, who by the way, does differ from mr. wardell, the benefit of the doubt. So why does it matter to other people?

People are entitled to their own opinions, regardless of how foolish they may be. You want to bag out roger, or Loki, that's fine by me. I have no problem with that. THAT isn't what I found insulting. That's not the issue. The thing I find a bit insulting is how some people are towards the people who believed him, or believed Loki, making those people out to be complete idiots. When all they have is opinions.

I understand how it can be aggrivating, like you said, people quoting him, yada yada, but the people who simply just believe him? Why does it matter to you guys if people simply JUST believe them or not?

I believe LokiD for now, I believe him about the characters he said will be appearing. That's it. Being annoying and gloating about it, okay, I will see you there. But there is nothing wrong with believing something that may or may not be true.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #833
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

I suppose it doesn't mean anything to me in the long run, I guess I just had more faith in my fellow Hypsters ability for critical dissection. I mean, believing someone is one thing but JUST taking it at their word, on faith alone? I find that foolish. But again, fair enough, people are entitled to believe whatever they want to believe.

But the more they TALK about those beliefs, the more those beliefs are open to critique and analysis by other who believe differently, just like with everything else.

So I have no problem at all that you believe those thing, but if you or anyone else talks about them, because I think they're founded on inaccuracies, I'm going to say so, just like you were compelled to respond to our comments about Wardell.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #834
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Also, I had just read a bunch of Wardell's tweets and he IS mostly full of crap. If it's insulting to you for us to bag him out then my best advice would be to deal with it, since I don't see Wardell getting any more credible.

And calling him out for his Iron Man 3 rumour isn't having a got at your beliefs, it's that it is the 7th or 8th of his 'predictions' in a row and none of them have been proved yet but people are still quoting his tweets like there is somehow authority to them.

Anyone who treats those tweets or anything like them with anything other than a grain of salt, is an idiot.
dude come on, believing a tweet, or anything of the matter isn't nearly enough to come to a conclusion regarding someone's intellect, that's just sort of rude

edit: my bad, I'm just being literal here :P

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-13-2013 at 01:10 PM.
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #835
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I suppose it doesn't mean anything to me in the long run, I guess I just had more faith in my fellow Hypsters ability for critical dissection. I mean, believing someone is one thing but JUST taking it at their word, on faith alone? I find that foolish. But again, fair enough, people are entitled to believe whatever they want to believe.

But the more they TALK about those beliefs, the more those beliefs are open to critique and analysis by other who believe differently, just like with everything else.

So I have no problem at all that you believe those thing, but if you or anyone else talks about them, because I think they're founded on inaccuracies, I'm going to say so, just like you were compelled to respond to our comments about Wardell.
yes. and it shouldn't. and that's fine. I will try not to talk about it. The people who constantly talk about it are most likely trolls anyway, ya know?

I don't believe him on faith. He explained some things to me, it seemed pretty legitimate, he DID say the chitauri were in it, even though it surely could have been obvious. If you (one of the better posters here) were claiming this, and I inboxed you and asked, I would probably believe you too. and sure what the hell. I'll keep low about it, and if it turns out he was legit, then great, we got a pretty decent phase 2 ahead of us, and if he was pulling some of our legs, then we were fools, and that's that. I guess we'll find out in a few months now won't we lol


it's really a lot of wishful hoping come to think of it. It's not foolish, I have an odd personality

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #836
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

My initial comment was more aimed at Wardell anyway. Believing a tweet by someone who NO ONE seems to know who has no credibility... I mean, why not just believe someone on the street yelling rumours out?

Now LokiD, that's at least you interacting one on one with someone, which means you can be convinced by the person themself which is different. But Wardell... Why do his tweets keep getting picked up by websites? He said Strange was in Thor, he said Viggo Mortensen was being cast... Nothing he has said has come true but how come that guy gets media attention?

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #837
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Slow news day? Site hits?

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #838
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
My initial comment was more aimed at Wardell anyway. Believing a tweet by someone who NO ONE seems to know who has no credibility... I mean, why not just believe someone on the street yelling rumours out?

Now LokiD, that's at least you interacting one on one with someone, which means you can be convinced by the person themself which is different. But Wardell... Why do his tweets keep getting picked up by websites? He said Strange was in Thor, he said Viggo Mortensen was being cast... Nothing he has said has come true but how come that guy gets media attention?
Oh okay gotcha. I believed Wardell for a bit. I did. But when Sam posted tha long list of all his tweets that WEREN'T true, alright.

However that doesn't mean that the phase 2 stuff he says isn't true. But...it kinda does. He hasn't tweeted since he got called out anyway, so I'm pretty sure that's done.

LokiD is different. I have my reasons for believing him, his claims were smaller, they were just regarding characters and them appearing.

As for Wardell getting media attention, isn't it obvious? Someone claiming to have a source ppublically is bound to get attention anyway.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #839
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Slow news day? Site hits?
yeah, but I think anyone claiming to have a source publically like that is bound to get attention anyway, whether they be true or not. Y'know?

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #840
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yeah, but I think anyone claiming to have a source publically like that is bound to get attention anyway, whether they be true or not. Y'know?
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that other sites that more often post credible news (that is usually verified) should re-post his claims on their site just because he's doing so publicly? Seems like a flimsy reason to publish something.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #841
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that other sites that more often post credible news (that is usually verified) should re-post his claims on their site just because he's doing so publicly? Seems like a flimsy reason to publish something.

What? There's no point lol. Wolvie said, how can he even get media attention anyway? and my response was that I think anyone claiming to have a source publically like that on twitter, and give away information, is bound to get some media attention.

Basically, I think wardell got media attention for doing exactly what hes doing, publically claiming to have a source. And that anyone who is publically claiming to have a source is bound to get some media attention. Clearer? I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #842
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Fair enough. I'm a bit like that myself at times.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #843
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Fair enough. I'm a bit like that myself at times.

I do get what you are saying actually. Any half decent site won't just write articles assuming one person with a source is correct. But I think it was more towards what wolvie said, how Wardell has sort of become a bit of a fad in his own right, with a few sites writing articles. The more credible sites, as you have said, haven't really even acknowledged Wardell's tweets.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #844
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,944
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Speculation is all part of the fun and the hype right or wrong. If you don't like it.... The "superheroHYPE" probably isn't for you... Just sayin

spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #845
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

It's not that people don't 'like' the speculation, it's that it's a 2 way street. People being critical of evidence is just as much a part of it as speculation is, so likewise if you can't handle people challenging, questioning or disagreeing with anything you have to see, then the Hype probably isn't for you either.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #846
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,487
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

So last night I had this dream about the hall of armors, probably nothing too prophetic but what I really remember was kinda like this from the ground up shot on the inside of a big cylindrical room with the suits standing along the walls in the same kind of...mountings? as the first 7 or however many are in the garage, actually that same set up is along the wall/doorway to the hall. And really what I saw from that angle was Stark walking out of it and having the door close behind him. Im not sure f that makes any sense but that's like my best recollection of how it went

__________________
Vote busty, not brawny, vote CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #847
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,618
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Haven't been on this part of the hype in a while. Has there been any rumors on what the inevitable superbowl trailer will feature?

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #848
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,764
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

No. We don't even know if there will be one.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #849
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,649
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
No. We don't even know if there will be one.
we should be getting some news this week...i hope

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #850
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,287
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Tony Stark ‏@Iron_Man
Wang Xueqi (Dr. Wu), Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (James Rhodes) are in Marvel’s #IronMan 3!
There was no indication whether this was filmed in China or not.


xeno000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.