The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #876
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

I think the colouring on the bust of the new armour is better than what we've seen of the armour previously. The gold looks better here, though maybe it seem too harsh as a full set of armour with that colouring.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #877
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I think the colouring on the bust of the new armour is better than what we've seen of the armour previously. The gold looks better here, though maybe it seem too harsh as a full set of armour with that colouring.
Yeah it's odd how inconsistent the colour of the gold is between set photos, promotional art, and toys.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #878
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Perhaps there are a couple of different suits in the movie with a similar design scheme? Wouldn't be the first time. Either that or they could still be playing about with the final colour scheme of the armour.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #879
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I really like the new armor pictured above. I hope that's the one we see on screen rather than the more cream one. Although I'm okay with either showing up (or both!) I don't think the gold will be too overpowering.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #880
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I really like the new armor pictured above. I hope that's the one we see on screen rather than the more cream one. Although I'm okay with either showing up (or both!) I don't think the gold will be too overpowering.
I really do hope they go with the more goldish one since I'm just not that big of a fan of the cream colored one.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 AM   #881
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

I'm still gonna say this is a drone suit.
I like the new helmet but not sold on all the gold/cream

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #882
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I'm still gonna say this is a drone suit.
I like the new helmet but not sold on all the gold/cream
do you mean you think they're holding out the real armor on us and this is going to be a remote controlled one? That would be cool.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #883
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
do you mean you think they're holding out the real armor on us and this is going to be a remote controlled one? That would be cool.
Yes that's my guess ... I have no BS source and won't post an essay but overall yes I think this cream things is a drone suit and Tony will be in his regular awesome red suit.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #884
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I do think the gold is a good homage to his original suit.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #885
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Yes that's my guess ... I have no BS source and won't post an essay but overall yes I think this cream things is a drone suit and Tony will be in his regular awesome red suit.
lol, I doubt he'll be in a red mark 7 or 8 suit though because neither of those had the technology he's adapting too, so it would have to be a mark 9 or mark 47 or whatever, but I actually hope he suits up into a gold/cream one in the film and does some action or flying in it himself. We've had 3 films of all red, I'm up for an hour or two of change, then he can go back to red.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #886
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

It's not a drone, you can see Stark suiting up with the new armour in the trailer & concept art.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #887
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

I raised this issue on IMDB and got attacked, but here goes anyway:

Isn't the new armor a bit of a downgrade. Extremis aside, which itself is a virus and not necessarily a good thing, the new model tony has built has no jet pack.

The jet pack was a huge upgrade in the avengers; it allowed tony to fly and shoot at the same time. Being able to have his hands free whilst flying greatly increases his superhero productivity.

So why no jet pack in this new armor? Is it simply because production on IM3 began before the avengers was completed? Will there be a story justification (is the armor a prototype)?

Tony says he is worried about keeping himself and pepper safe since the avengers, so why on earth would his next armor model lack a very important feature; one that helped him a lot in the battle of new york?

On IMDB, one guy attacked me saying that he didn't need the jet pack in the trailer because he catches the lady out of the plane successfully. But that is not the friggin' point! Tony as a character does not know what challenges he will face (the script does), so why would he not have an armor with a jet pack should he require its functionality.

Plus jet packs are awesome.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #888
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Who says it doesn't have a jet pack? Just because we haven't seen it used in the 3 seconds of footage we've seen of the armor doesn't mean it won't.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #889
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

All Tony's suits, except one, fly.
The Mark 88 Espresso Cream will fly, too.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #890
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Who says it doesn't have a jet pack? Just because we haven't seen it used in the 3 seconds of footage we've seen of the armor doesn't mean it won't.
I'm saying it won't. I will eat crow if I am wrong, but the armor itself is very slim compared to the bulkier mark 7, which was bulky because of the jet pack. Also, we don't see the jet pack when he is seen flying in the trailer, nor does there appear any room for it to appear from within the armor.

And him being able to fly isnt the point, the point is whether he is able to fly plus use his hands at the same time.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #891
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

That doesn't mean Extremis is a downgrade, even if it has no jet pack. If it has the full nano control and hacking skills from the comics, it has the potential to be much more powerful.

But like everything, he still has specialty armour. Is Hulkbuster slower than Mk 7? Yes but does that make it better or worse? He's a futurist, he prepares for everything and that means different armour for different situations.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #892
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
I'm saying it won't. I will eat crow if I am wrong, but the armor itself is very slim compared to the bulkier mark 7, which was bulky because of the jet pack. Also, we don't see the jet pack when he is seen flying in the trailer, nor does there appear any room for it to appear from within the armor.

And him being able to fly isnt the point, the point is whether he is able to fly plus use his hands at the same time.
I *think* I see what you're trying to say: are you talking about afterburners in his hands/gauntlets? Meaning Tony has to go either/or on propulsion or offensive weapons? Nah, I don't think that'll be a problem....the propulsion unit will likely be in his boots, and his gauntlets will be free for repulsors and whatever.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #893
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
That doesn't mean Extremis is a downgrade, even if it has no jet pack. If it has the full nano control and hacking skills from the comics, it has the potential to be much more powerful.

But like everything, he still has specialty armour. Is Hulkbuster slower than Mk 7? Yes but does that make it better or worse? He's a futurist, he prepares for everything and that means different armour for different situations.
No reason he can't have a jet pack on the armor he is most likely to use (due to extremis allowing him to suit up on the fly)

mark 2 to mark 7 were all upgrades, with the exception of 5 which was used for emergencies. is this new armor more like a mark 5 than a mark 6 or 7? not in my opinion, no, it is meant to be a new, proper armor.

so add a damn jet pack, there is zero reason not to. it'd be like the new armor not having any missiles because another armor has one. what if he needs missiles all of a sudden? a futurist would make his armor have all the bells and whistles of the preceding model, plus upgrades.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #894
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I *think* I see what you're trying to say: are you talking about afterburners in his hands/gauntlets? Meaning Tony has to go either/or on propulsion or offensive weapons? Nah, I don't think that'll be a problem....the propulsion unit will likely be in his boots, and his gauntlets will be free for repulsors and whatever.
yeah im saying he has to have his hands at his sides to stabilise his flight. which is what we see him do in all his flying scenes minus the mark 7 in the avengers.

it does not appear that tony can fly/control himself without having his hands at his side. if the new armor allows him to fly and use his hand repulsors/punch/whatever at the same time, then no jet pack is needed and i'll happily admit i am wrong, but i just dont see that happening.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #895
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

i really think this whole jetpack/no jetpack thing is a moot point. He hasn't has a problem in battle before it was added for 1 suit, I don't think he will in the future without it as well. also, we don't know if it's there or not.. maybe it just isn't "deployed" out of this suit in the shots you've seen. He really only used it in Avengers when he was lifting the nuke didn't he?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #896
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

But a jetpack isn't necessary in all scenarios... It was handy in Avengers because that was an allout warzone. That doesn't mean it's needed at all times.

I mean, Captain America is probably more effective when he's got a machine gun or his awesome motorbike, doesn't mean he NEEDS it at all times. Tony's always been that way with his armour.

The whole point of Extremis is it's flexibilty and adaptibility of usage. He can control it with thought making it INFINITELY more responsive (assuming it follows it's comic counterpart). Which means the practicality of shooting and flying and all that will be much easier regardless.

Also, you're completely discounting any and all weaponry that his suit could have NOT in his hands. For all you know, this suit has shoulder, back, leg mounted weapons 10 times stronger than his repulsor blasts anyway.

The point is, it's simplistic and naive to look at his armour 'upgrades' in the way you are. A jetpack is an addition that isn't necessary. The hacking, AI abilities of Extremis could make it MUCH more powerful. Instead of flexibility with combat, he could just shut down an enemy craft.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #897
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
i really think this whole jetpack/no jetpack thing is a moot point. He hasn't has a problem in battle before it was added for 1 suit, I don't think he will in the future without it as well. also, we don't know if it's there or not.. maybe it just isn't "deployed" out of this suit in the shots you've seen. He really only used it in Avengers when he was lifting the nuke didn't he?
um, no. he used it every single time he was flying and shot a repulsor blast out of his hand. which was multiple times.

him not having a problem before is itself a moot point. there is no reason *not* to have the jet pack once he invented it.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #898
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
But a jetpack isn't necessary in all scenarios... It was handy in Avengers because that was an allout warzone. That doesn't mean it's needed at all times.

I mean, Captain America is probably more effective when he's got a machine gun or his awesome motorbike, doesn't mean he NEEDS it at all times. Tony's always been that way with his armour.

The whole point of Extremis is it's flexibilty and adaptibility of usage. He can control it with thought making it INFINITELY more responsive (assuming it follows it's comic counterpart). Which means the practicality of shooting and flying and all that will be much easier regardless.

Also, you're completely discounting any and all weaponry that his suit could have NOT in his hands. For all you know, this suit has shoulder, back, leg mounted weapons 10 times stronger than his repulsor blasts anyway.

The point is, it's simplistic and naive to look at his armour 'upgrades' in the way you are. A jetpack is an addition that isn't necessary. The hacking, AI abilities of Extremis could make it MUCH more powerful. Instead of flexibility with combat, he could just shut down an enemy craft.
yeah, and im saying it cant possibly hurt to have the jet pack plus all the other features you listed.

the jet pack itself has no down side, so why not include it? how can anyone not see the logic here?

as for his other weapons, he eventually runs out of ammo in his missiles etc not in his hands. his hand repulsors are limitless (they run on the power of the suit itself) so it makes a whole lot of sense for him to want to be able to use them whilst flying.

ugh. IMDB all over again.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #899
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well it can, because if this armour is like the Extremis armour, he can assemble and summon it all on his body at will. That would potentially be very difficult with a giant, cumbersome jetpack (which IS the downside of the Jetpack). It could simply get in the way.

Quote:
ugh. IMDB all over again.
Also, how about you not be a baby and reisgn yourself to the fact that sometimes people aren't going to agree with things you say. Doesn't make you wrong or the other people wrong, it's just a disagreement. But asserting that there is something wrong with the whole site just reveals your own narrow mindedness.

I mean, I may feel the way I feel but I also accept that we're arguing over something that is not only speculative without hard evidence, but is also an entirely FICTIONAL character.

If you get butt hurt over that to the point where you feel the need to be a dick about it, then I'm afraid the problem is with you, not the forum.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #900
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

im just trying to get people to acknowledge that there is no reason not to have the jet pack.

no one said what you just did, about it not working with extremis, which needs to perhaps be as streamlined as possible given the way it works. people were simply saying that the jet pack wasn't a big deal, which is fine, but it ignored my points on why not include it.

in my original post i acknowledged the possibility that there is a storyline justification for it not being there, but no one ran with that idea. they just came back and said that it wasn't a big deal. which i tried to rebut.

Closed Thread