The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 11-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #76
TheWatcher
Dapper

Default Re: should we see the ghost of Hayden Christensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
You mean the "random old man" we saw under Vader's mask? Anakin aged. Obi-Wan and Yoda's ghosts reflected their ages upon dying. Why is Anakin different in that respect?

It's a nonsensical alteration. That said, if Anakin's ghost does return, they'll obviously use Hayden.
Darth Vader died as an old man, Anakin died on Mustafar.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #77
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Default Re: Should we see the ghost of Hayden Christensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogg willie View Post
I read that the late Jonathan Brandis wanted the role of Anakin in AOTC and ROTS, and when Lucas shot him down, that's when Brandis played russian roulette with a gun (or whatever he did)
That's such a shame about Brandis. I didn't know he was up for the Anakin role. I actually think he was a really talented young actor but unfortunately, I think he fell into a depression because he wasn't able to shake the "kid actor" stigma that so many people who grow up in the business go through. But he was the best thing about the lousy Seaquest TV show, and he even made a Chuck Norris movie watchable. RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
You didn't like Grevious?! I liked him silent in the Clone wars more but I liked him. Especially the cough after the 'You're shorter than I expected' joke fell flat.

I really don't care about Leapfrog Dooku.

Other reasons to love Episode 3: Obi-Wan vs Grevious and the entire Order 66 sequence.
Nope, hated Grievous, and Leapfrog Dooku was one of the worst things I've ever seen in a movie.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #78
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
Truth be told Pattinson would have been a better choice then Hayden. Pattison actually plays Cullen good and was good in Water For Elephants.
Pattinson can be a good sinister character (Cosmopolis is a lousy movie, but if you wants to see RPatz as a true psychopath, it's good for that). Although maybe he'd be TOO good at being evil to play Anakin; the audience has to believe that there is some goodness left in him even at the end, whereas Pattinson would likely have come out as full on evil.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #79
Nathan

Full on evil would have been better than whiny, douchey evil.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #80
vantheman77
Side-Kick

We may as well get ghosts of Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker in Episode 7.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #81
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Everything but Mace. He wasn't even close to discovering the secret of immortality.

Last edited by Gianakin_; 11-23-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #82
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Darth Vader died as an old man, Anakin died on Mustafar.
This argument still exists? Geez.

Then you're saying that once Vader killed the Emperor, he remained Vader, and went back to being Anakin only after he'd physically died.

But as the unmasking scene proves, Anakin was reborn once he threw the Emperor down the shaft. The movie spells this out crystal clear.

Anakin. Was. Last. Alive. AS. An. Old. Man.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #83
TheWatcher
Dapper

Sorry that I have never been on any kind of Star Wars boards.

Geez.

-Christian Bale
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #84
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Wasn't directed at you so much as that defense of the Special Edition change that's been floating around for... eight years now? I apologize if I was offensive.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #85
Octoberist
point blank

I'm in the boat where Anakine came back when Luke unmasked him. I think that's the complete circle so it's fitting to see poor Sebastian Shaw at the end as a Force ghost. Personally it's meaningful.

By putting Hayden there, I 'get' the argument but I just don't buy it. It seems like a contrived way to connect the OT to the PT even more. It's an arbitrary change.

What's even more, some of the changes that were made were crazy weird (besides the CG enhancements, some that I liked.). Like in 'Empire', Lucas added new scenes of Vader ACTUALLY leaving cloud city and arriving at the Super Stardestroyer (which is a different take of the opening shot in 'Jedi') after his duel with Luke. Why?

It didn't do anything for the movie, and it ruined the pacing. We KNEW Vader was going back to his ship already, so.. why show it? We're not dumb and it's self explanatory. My point is that, this particular new scene wasn't a change that Lucas has been waiting for decades to do. It was just arbitrary.

Last edited by Octoberist; 11-22-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #86
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Wasn't directed at you so much as that defense of the Special Edition change that's been floating around for... eight years now? I apologize if I was offensive.
You're fine.

The ghost change wasn't the one I was offended about, it was every other one of them.

-Christian Bale
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #87
souperman
Side-Dish

45+- is old!!! Vader was just hitting his prime...

granted he looked way too old. Bad choice of casting and makeup imo for the original reveal. Looked like he was wearing a hat! They can glue arms and legs on you in that Galaxy far far away, but they don't have any plastic surgeons? I know, Sith don't care about such things as closing a wound properly.

... look familiar?

...in space, no one can hear you scream... "get me a plastic surgeon!"

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/

Last edited by souperman; 11-24-2012 at 03:21 PM.
souperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #88
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by souperman View Post
45+- is old!!! Vader was just hitting his prime...

granted he looked way too old. Bad choice of casting and makeup imo for the original reveal. Looked like he was wearing a hat! They can glue arms and legs on you in that Galaxy far far away, but they don't have any plastic surgeons? I know, Sith don't care about such things as closing a wound properly.
Not to start an OT debate, but let me play devil's advocate: Why would a being "more machine than man, twisted and evil" care about plastic surgery or scars? The way I see it, once Vader lost everything: his beloved, his children (he thought), his arms, legs, face and humanity, everything about Anakin no longer mattered to him. The parts of him that were still flesh, like his face, were as inconsequential to him as the old milk in your fridge that you still haven't thrown out yet.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #89
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

LOL, Old Vader looks like the illegitimate child of Michael Jackson and Marlon Brando.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #90
HowardStark
Banned User

edit

HowardStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
HowardStark
Banned User

I would be ok with Ewan returning as Ghost Obi Wan for they could make him up older.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #92
HowardStark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
You didn't like Grevious?! I liked him silent in the Clone wars more but I liked him. Especially the cough after the 'You're shorter than I expected' joke fell flat.

I really don't care about Leapfrog Dooku.

Other reasons to love Episode 3: Obi-Wan vs Grevious and the entire Order 66 sequence.
R2 taking out the battle droids, Yoda vs Sidius. Obi Wan Cutting Punk Anakin in half almost and Yoda taking out the 2 Clones on KKryshak like he had been waiting to kill a couple.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #93
Destructus86
Side-Kick

The Yoda vs Sidious scene was amazing. But I also thought the Yoda vs Dooku scene was fantastic.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #94
darknight7.1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
I would be ok with Ewan returning as Ghost Obi Wan for they could make him up older.

This is what I hope for as well!

darknight7.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #95
TinkerTailor
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I'm in the boat where Anakine came back when Luke unmasked him. I think that's the complete circle so it's fitting to see poor Sebastian Shaw at the end as a Force ghost. Personally it's meaningful.

By putting Hayden there, I 'get' the argument but I just don't buy it. It seems like a contrived way to connect the OT to the PT even more. It's an arbitrary change.

What's even more, some of the changes that were made were crazy weird (besides the CG enhancements, some that I liked.). Like in 'Empire', Lucas added new scenes of Vader ACTUALLY leaving cloud city and arriving at the Super Stardestroyer (which is a different take of the opening shot in 'Jedi') after his duel with Luke. Why?

It didn't do anything for the movie, and it ruined the pacing. We KNEW Vader was going back to his ship already, so.. why show it? We're not dumb and it's self explanatory. My point is that, this particular new scene wasn't a change that Lucas has been waiting for decades to do. It was just arbitrary.
Replacing the line "Bring my shuttle" with "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" baffles me in every which way that is imaginable to the point where I hate it more than any other change to the OT.

Also... No no no to Hayden's ghost. The argument that the 'good' Anakin Skywalker died while he had the long haired, fallen angel appearance of ROTS should be negated by that fact that prior to his ROTS look he killed a bunch of "women and children" Sand People out of hatred and anger in AOTC... If we were going to go back to the time when Anakin was entirely innocent and without corruption he would still have his Padawan braid.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #96
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

I hate the replacement of Shaw with Hayden (And I'm pretty much a Hayden supporter) so I'd have to say no.

If anything,I hope Yoda returns as a Force Ghost to give a little advice to Luke at one point when the going gets tough.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #97
HowardStark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
I never hated them putting in Hayden at the end of ROTJ, but what's always bothered me is that he looks completely out of place as he never looks at the same direction as Obi-Wan/Yoda. It's like they didn't even try.
It almost looks disturbing the glare he is giving his own kids.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #98
HowardStark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The Yoda vs Sidious scene was amazing. But I also thought the Yoda vs Dooku scene was fantastic.
I liked the whole Grievious and Obi Wan Fight. I did like and think Windu had a great death. Its just too bad they made Vader look like a punk. When I imagined Vader as a child. I imagine him being the type that over powered his enemies not cut someones hand off when there back was turned.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #99
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTailor View Post
Replacing the line "Bring my shuttle" with "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" baffles me in every which way that is imaginable to the point where I hate it more than any other change to the OT.

Also... No no no to Hayden's ghost. The argument that the 'good' Anakin Skywalker died while he had the long haired, fallen angel appearance of ROTS should be negated by that fact that prior to his ROTS look he killed a bunch of "women and children" Sand People out of hatred and anger in AOTC... If we were going to go back to the time when Anakin was entirely innocent and without corruption he would still have his Padawan braid.
Yeah the change to 'alert my shuttle' sends the message home. The new change does nothing for the film and ruins the editing along with pacing. It's such a weird change.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #100
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I don't think they did enough. First it should be him dsying "Alert my shuttle" then showing the shuttle flying off. And then show him walking off the shuttle, then show him having a cup of coffee through a sippy straw. Finally show him getting ready for bed.