The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #276
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I'll join, wait I'm already here.

Surfer
You're welcome too, Surfer

Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #277
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Wink Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Well I think this one is of Malekith and the Malekith stunt double with the red lighting effect, but I could be wrong.

Surfer
Yeah, that's Malekith all right. You can see his cape. Other guy looks like a generic dark elf.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #278
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

GAH why can't we get at least concept art?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #279
Nimloth
Newbie First Class

Yeah, can't wait to see Loki.
By the way, I'm not a big expert in comic books (I'm trying to catch up, though) but first I thought he has a ponytail (and I would love to see Tom as Loki with ponytail) but then I read somewhere that's just a helmet... So, is it a ponytail or helmet? can anyone clear that up for me, please?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #280
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Ah, I found it finally! this picture is from last week, I dont think you posted this yet. looks like 2 of them ( 1 could be stunt double I suppose)

source: http://expederest.tumblr.com/ Posted Nov. 14

Okay so maybe just some funny lighting but I remembered they looks sort of red. Not looking the same as the other guy though.
I honestly think the red light effect isn't just for Malekith, but all of the elves. Those two pictured could definitely be Christopher and his stunt double though

Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #281
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Actually now that I think about it. Loki would be a good candidate for turning Algrim into Kurse and having him believe Thor was responsible for his near death. Afterall he is the master of manipulation and he believes his brother to be responsible for all of his problems.

Surfer
Yeah, I was thinking this as soon as I wrote the post before.
Loki could very well be the one to transform Algrim; and while using the Tesseract to accomplish this makes some sense, I'd rather see Loki do it with his own magic. People seem to forget that Loki is one of the most powerful sorcerers there is, and even the MCU has only scratched the surface when it comes to his powers.

And about that ubiquitous red light that seems to accompany Malekith all the time: I think that's fire magic, bestowed upon him by Surtur. The red color is probably there for highlighting, to blend in with flame CG. Maybe the burn marks on Mal's face were caused by the flames of Surtur/Muspellheim sometime in the past....?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #282
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Loki could very well be the one to transform Algrim; and while using the Tesseract to accomplish this makes some sense, I'd rather see Loki do it with his own magic. People seem to forget that Loki is one of the most powerful sorcerers there is, and even the MCU has only scratched the surface when it comes to his powers.

And about that ubiquitous red light that seems to accompany Malekith all the time: I think that's fire magic, bestowed upon him by Surtur. The red color is probably there for highlighting, to blend in with flame CG. Maybe the burn marks on Mal's face were caused by the flames of Surtur/Muspellheim sometime in the past....?
Without a doubt. MCU is not near his counter part. Loki is one of the most powerful sorcerors with out a doubt, been able to mock dr. strange, and has defeated the silver surfer before.

I think transforming algrim into kurse would be cool to see

Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #283
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

You know that post-retcon version of The Beyonder is just a cosmic cube with a consciousness. I hope the Teseract turns out to be The Beyonder and the Teseract reanimates Algrim the Strong as Kurse.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-19-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #284
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
You know that post-retcon version of The Beyonder is just a cosmic cube with a consciousness. I hope the Teseract turns out to be The Beyonder and the Teseract reanimates Algrim the Strong as Kurse.

Yeah, I made a comment about that about a page or two back. Not in those exact words, but something about that if Loki used the Tesseract to create Kurse that in a way it would almost be a nod to fans regarding the Beyonder.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #285
Surfer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Without a doubt. MCU is not near his counter part. Loki is one of the most powerful sorcerors with out a doubt, been able to mock dr. strange, and has defeated the silver surfer before.

I think transforming algrim into kurse would be cool to see
Yes, I agree with both of you, that Loki is one of the most powerful sorceror's in the Marvel Universe of Characters, and I don't think he would need the cube to transform Algrim into Kurse. However, as with many of the characters in the movie verse I am not sure if his powers reach the levels they do in the comics, but here's hoping.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #286
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
You're welcome too, Surfer
Thanks American Maid. Lol

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #287
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

All these damaged cars on the set is getting me SERIOUSLY excited for some epic vehicle tossing/evironmental damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 AM   #288
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
All these damaged cars on the set is getting me SERIOUSLY excited for some epic vehicle tossing/evironmental damage.
Forget the car I want to see Thor use one of the Buses against an enemy.

Surfer

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #289
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm trying to not get overtly excited considering on how I had felt the same when seeing the carnage around Thor when he was fighting alongside Cap in those spy/set photos/videos back in 2011. Especially since we never actually got to see that environment play out as much as I would have preferred at least.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #290
Filmboy
Banned User

so there are two villains in this?

Malekith is the main villain? While Kurse is the secondary villain?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #291
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
so there are two villains in this?

Malekith is the main villain? While Kurse is the secondary villain?
Pretty much

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #292
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Just a question for the guys who have been to the set... Does it look like Christmas? Lol what I mean is does it look like TDW will occur during Christmas?

We know Iron Man 3 will be set during that time of course, thanks to Shane Black, but last night I just realised that quite a few places began setting up for Christmas (here in SA anyway, but I'm sure everywhere else as well) , and Thor will still be shooting in December, so I was kinda wondering are they incorporating that into the film?

I think that could be the perfect visual cue for audiences to see that Thor and Iron Man are too busy to help each other.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #293
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Good to see that a fight between Thor and Malekith will take place on an Earth city. Hopefully it won't be utterly dissatisfying like the fight with the Destroyer.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #294
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I made a comment about that about a page or two back. Not in those exact words, but something about that if Loki used the Tesseract to create Kurse that in a way it would almost be a nod to fans regarding the Beyonder.

Surfer
a plausible scenario, someone should work that into a Thor 2 speculative story draft.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #295
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
GAH why can't we get at least concept art?
This is what I'm waiting for too. At this stage of filming, IIRC we had concept art leaking already for the Avengers, CA:TFA, Thor... Of course, that was when RIM was still around. Boy, I miss him.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #296
waffles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Just a question for the guys who have been to the set... Does it look like Christmas? Lol what I mean is does it look like TDW will occur during Christmas?
Nope, I didn't see anything that would imply Christmas. No trees, lights, fake snow....

Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #297
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Nope, I didn't see anything that would imply Christmas. No trees, lights, fake snow....
I'm sure it'll look like late October/November, though (which is when they're filming, of course). Kinda hard to hide the bare trees, the warm clothes worn by the extras, and peoples' breath fogging up.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #298
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sure it'll look like late October/November, though (which is when they're filming, of course). Kinda hard to hide the bare trees, the warm clothes worn by the extras, and peoples' breath fogging up.
That may be intentional.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #299
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Regarding the Loki being forgiven stuff a few pages back, I think it's completely plausible for Odin and Thor to forgive him. Remember, they're like what a thousand years old? We can assume Loki was a relatively good little brother/son for 99.99% of that time since he's in good graces with Thor and Odin when everything starts. You don't think his mother, father and brother would try rehabilitating him back into the Loki they know instead of letting him rot away forever? They probably see all of this as just a temporary madness

Also, that's a good point about what time of year this is set in. What I think would work best is (if this big fight is happening on Earth) Januaryish. That way Thor could get stranded on earth after the fight, but wouldn't be around to help with Iron Mans very public issues

Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #300
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
This is what I'm waiting for too. At this stage of filming, IIRC we had concept art leaking already for the Avengers, CA:TFA, Thor... Of course, that was when RIM was still around. Boy, I miss him.
Sorry if this comes off as a stupid question, but I have been away for several months and just got back recently. So, with that said, what happened with RIM? Because yeah combined with the scoops marvel_freshman's brings to this forum they were like a one - two punch in boxing.

Surfer

Closed Thread