The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #601
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,843
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
I think Odin or Frigga will die. I think a Vanir prediction says it's supposed to be Odin but Thor's decisions lead to the future being altered. However, it's unavoidable and the prophecy occurs in a different way (which is why there are rumors of both Odin or Frigga possibly dying).

Instead of Odin dying the vision changes to Frigga. Choices affect the flow of time for Asgardians more than actual events themselves. Thor is trying to stop both of them from dying and Ragnarok from proceeding one way or another. The killer is that his moral sacrifice causes the timeline to lean towards the future where Odin lives and Frigga dies. Surtur remains trapped but Thor and Loki lose their mother. However the future plays out in a way where the Vanir are not mad, and do not overtake Asgard, so Ragnarok is temporarily avoided by some of the warring groups coming together...

If time travel was involved at this point, Thor could save both because they're busy fighting wars on multiple fronts. His choice, however, leads to the death of Frigga over Odin (in my theory). Not intentionally, because he was only trying to stop Ragnarok and the death of Odin. His moral sacrifice has cause and effect element to it.
But changing the future only delays Ragnarok and makes it continue to occur differently. Odin would die when Surtur is finally free.

Tyr plays multiple sides. Malekith is like a combination of two sides. Two possible outcomes the Heimdell can see on the Horizon when he talks to the Vanir. Part of the spark that sets off Ragnarok this time.
Heimdell believes Loki can't be trusted. But Loki's not the one who's about to spark Ragnarok in this case, this time. According to the prophecy and the myth it's supposed to be Loki but it's occurring differently. The knowledge that a future attack will end Odin's life prompts Loki to play the hero for a while. They trust him because everything is at stake once it's revealed Balder is already dead and it wasn't Loki.
As okay as i am with killing off characters when it is impactful and meaningful to the story, I think they should definitely hold off on killing Odin. I think that A. Odin in the comics carries the story of Thor at times and B. Anthony Hopkins carries the story in the film at times. In other words, I like the scenario you described. Frigga can die, sounds good. And mayhaps Odin dies in Thor 3 to unite Loki and Thor against a common enemy.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #602
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Just to mention, re: Odin and Laufey's power level, we only saw Laufey after a thousand years of defeat. I suspect that at his peak, when he possessed the Casket, he was a lot more powerful. And even so, he was only killed by a surprise attack using Odin's personal weapon, and it took more than one hit. Being blasted *once* by it messed up Thor more than anything else in the movie, note.

Odin may not be as vastly more powerful than Thor and Loki than he is in the comics, but IMO its still clear that he's mightier, at least when not practically falling into Odinsleep.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #603
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
tis true, however I hope you are not missing the point that things are not necessarily going to be exactly as they are in comics. So try to keep at least a slightly open mind about that.
No; but comic-book movies are based on comic books, not on something else. All these flights of imagination about the mythology of the "real" Thor and the rest of the Norse pantheon have no bearing whatsoever on this movie, which is most decidedly based on comic-book Thor and *only* comic-book Thor.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #604
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No; but comic-book movies are based on comic books, not on something else. All these flights of imagination about the mythology of the "real" Thor and the rest of the Norse pantheon have no bearing whatsoever on this movie, which is most decidedly based on comic-book Thor and *only* comic-book Thor.
Seriously?!

The comic books for Thor were based on the mythology! Of course they would *continue* to draw from that as well both in the comics and in the MCU! And as we've seen already plenty of stuff has been changed from the comic books for the MCU! Partially to keep the established comic book viewers on their toes, I'm sure. So the movies are most certainly not 100% sticking the comics! Some stuff is going to change to suit the story they are trying to tell and they may very well draw from the myths to do that, just as the comics were originally drawn from the myths. It's not like the idea is they are going to draw from Superman to tell a Thor story. This is drawing from Thor stories to tell Thor stories! It is perfectly reasonable to draw from the mythology for theories on what might happen and how certain characters might be used.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #605
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
It is perfectly reasonable to draw from the mythology for theories on what might happen and how certain characters might be used.
Also, these are the guys who thought up the stories (that they didn't draw from myth) in the first place. It is perfectly reasonable that they would implement something new. Actually, I would be disappointed if the film were *only* recycled comics stories, 'cause these folks are supposed to be in the business of creating new stories.

Ya hear that Marvel?? lol

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #606
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Seriously?!

The comic books for Thor were based on the mythology! Of course they would *continue* to draw from that as well both in the comics and in the MCU! And as we've seen already plenty of stuff has been changed from the comic books for the MCU! Partially to keep the established comic book viewers on their toes, I'm sure. So the movies are most certainly not 100% sticking the comics! Some stuff is going to change to suit the story they are trying to tell and they may very well draw from the myths to do that, just as the comics were originally drawn from the myths. It's not like the idea is they are going to draw from Superman to tell a Thor story. This is drawing from Thor stories to tell Thor stories! It is perfectly reasonable to draw from the mythology for theories on what might happen and how certain characters might be used.
Except for the fact that the two central antagonists in this film, Malekith and Algrim/Kurse, are not drawn from mythology, but were invented for the comic book in the 1980s. And except for the fact that the Thor movies include many more characters/items/events drawn from the comics and not mythology, such as The Warriors Three, Destroyer Armor, Thanos, The Cask of Ancient Winters, the Tesseract/Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, etc. etc. etc.

Again: it's a comic book movie. Based on a comic book franchise. Neither Stan nor Jack nor Walt Simonson (creator of the characters and central plot of this movie back in the 1980s) consulted a book on Norse mythology when they penned their comics, nor is there any indication whatsoever that Alan Taylor is doing that now, either.

Unless and until the unlikely event that Taylor comes out and says he wants to base this on actual stories from the mythos, you're going to have to understand that his source material is a comic book.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #607
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No; but comic-book movies are based on comic books, not on something else. All these flights of imagination about the mythology of the "real" Thor and the rest of the Norse pantheon have no bearing whatsoever on this movie, which is most decidedly based on comic-book Thor and *only* comic-book Thor.
I'm with you man.

This thread has crossed the line from speculation into complete fan-fiction.

Still wouldn't surprise me that one of the posters lately is a plant.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #608
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

what does a plant mean?

mkilban2 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #609
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,838
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
what does a plant mean?
I think he means someone that is intentionally "Planted" to throw us off topic, which I don't think is the case. However, I do agree some of the speculating (while fun) at times does seem very imaginative and perhaps a little far fetched for what I believe we will most likely see in this movie. Then again though I am not Alan Taylor or Marvel, and except for the little bits of information I gather (like everyone else here about the film), I really have no idea what to expect. As a result it is fair to say even the ideas I would consider unlikely, still could hold some merit if they can not be entirely discounted at this point. In closing, I guess I would just say that if the people participating in the speculating are enjoying themselves and if they do not try to pass off their ideas as fact and if everyone can remain respectful of one another, then I don't see the harm in it.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #610
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I think he means someone that is intentionally "Planted" to throw us off topic, which I don't think is the case. However, I do agree some of the speculating (while fun) at times does seem very imaginative and perhaps a little far fetched for what I believe we will most likely see in this movie. Then again though I am not Alan Taylor or Marvel, and except for the little bits of information I gather (like everyone else here about the film), I really have no idea what to expect. As a result it is fair to say even the ideas I would consider unlikely, still could hold some merit if they can not be entirely discounted at this point. In closing, I guess I would just say that if the people participating in the speculating are enjoying themselves and if they do not try to pass off their ideas as fact and if everyone can remain respectful of one another, then I don't see the harm in it.

Surfer
yeah. But not that it's far fetched, as I put it, it's just too much stuff going on for one movie

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #611
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, with all of the talk that we've had about how Powerful Odin is and who should vanquish him, one thing that I'm trying to work my head around is whether the MCU's version of Odin is really all that powerful.

I mean, based on what we saw in Thor, he was given a few physical blows from fighting with Laufey; even lost one of his eyes as a result, before he ultimately defeated him.

Yet Loki was able to kill Laufey with just two blows from Odin's staff. So if someone like Laufey could give Odin so much trouble in his prime, then what's to say that he is all that powerful in the MCU?
Or it could've been the fact that he probably didn't have the Odin Force back when he fought Laufey.

He didn't look anymore powerful than Thor then, but being able to takie Thor's powers means he's alot more powerful now.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #612
LokiDionysos
Eternal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Which is why I don't read your posts anymore :/
Could be your loss. I don't know what will happen for sure, or how all the movies will connect. Maybe time-travel is far off... I'm making it painfully obvious that someone actually is in IM3 working for AIM. I'm trying to explain the absence of another character to myself mostly. I didn't want to outright spoil it this soon but you made me.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Janet will be in IM3. Feige is playing coy. Without Hank from what I know.
How that affects the rest of the movies is anyone's guess.

LokiDionysos is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #613
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,309
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
what does a plant mean?
a good question and very philosophical.
I'll try to answer it.
A single plant doesn't mean much, but many plants can mean a jungle.

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #614
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,782
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Could be your loss. I don't know what will happen for sure, or how all the movies will connect. Maybe time-travel is far off... I'm making it painfully obvious that someone actually is in IM3 working for AIM. I'm trying to explain the absence of another character to myself mostly. I didn't want to outright spoil it this soon but you made me.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Janet will be in IM3. Feige is playing coy. Without Hank from what I know.
How that affects the rest of the movies is anyone's guess.
Someone already speculated that on the IM3 forum and we've known AIM is in IM3 since the first set photos...

ctsketch is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #615
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,427
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
what does a plant mean?
In my case, weeping eyes and sneezing.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #616
LokiDionysos
Eternal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Someone already speculated that on the IM3 forum and we've known AIM is in IM3 since the first set photos...
Speculating it is one thing. I'm saying that right now I know it's happening, so it factors into my theories a little more. I've posted it in part of my theories about things over there, indicating my perspective that it's true, but haven't outright said it yet. And that's not the only thing I know. From there I've attempted to extrapolate but sometimes I'm just throwing in random ideas, I have no clue if time travel will play a factor outside of the comments around this movie that I took a certain way. The other stuff about Thanos's backstory is pretty much all I know for sure besides the fact that Ultron will be used at some point... It all ties to Star-Lord in some ways. What's an even bigger secret is that the plan may be for someone else to accompany him into space, and no it's not Iron Man or Pym.

Things about Thanos are what I can't talk about or even really hint at. The other stuff are things I've picked up from sources close to where I gained that knowledge. I'm not supposed to know about Janet, and someone else told me, so in theory I could blab all I want about her. Still feel bad, don't want to get anyone in trouble. But there's bound to be a lot of ppl who know there's more to her role,and she isn't outright revealed or hinted to be Wasp until near the very end I'm told. So in a way this was probably bound to get out sooner or later. From what I've gathered recently, it's closer to right at the end of the movie, before credits. So it may come out sooner rather than later by other people who will confirm this. The big thing is that there's mysteriously no Hank (as far as I know) and I don't know how that works yet. I've had a little bit of a head start on crazy theories about where the hell he is if she's in IM3, because I know she is, and it'll give some of my crazy theories a little more weight. Undoubtedly still wrong about many things, though.


Last edited by LokiDionysos; 11-29-2012 at 07:27 AM.
LokiDionysos is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #617
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,782
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

you're worse than roger wardell

ctsketch is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #618
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again: it's a comic book movie. Based on a comic book franchise. Neither Stan nor Jack nor Walt Simonson (creator of the characters and central plot of this movie back in the 1980s) consulted a book on Norse mythology when they penned their comics, nor is there any indication whatsoever that Alan Taylor is doing that now, either.

Unless and until the unlikely event that Taylor comes out and says he wants to base this on actual stories from the mythos, you're going to have to understand that his source material is a comic book.
AGAIN, it's a comic book movie based on a comic book franchise based on NORSE MYTHOLOGY! Where the hell did you think Mjolnir came from, out of Stan Lee's butt?! I mean, come on!

The source material for the comic book is NORSE MYTHOLOGY!

Look it up, if you don't believe me.

By the way, I may not wind up being right about some things, I never claimed I would be. I was trying to have some fun speculating but it's a little difficult when you have someone coming in to crap on your ideas and telling you this can't be done and that can't be done without any legitimate proof or reason why other than they don't like the idea. I dont have any problem with changing an idea if I have a legitimate reason given to me that it can't be done that way. And I encourage anyone else to post their own ideas, people certainly dont have to listen to what I say alone. Sort it out yourselves and share it, but dont crap on other people's ideas with absolutely nothing legitimate to back up why it can't be done that way.

Also, I may be doing a lot of speculating in the speculation threads but at least I 'm not posting *incorrect information* in the TDW "facts" thread even after being shown that you were incorrect, just because it doesn't go with what YOU want to have happen.


from the What we know so far - T:TDW edition (no speculation, facts only) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The battle filmed at Bourne Woods features Asgardians (in golden armor very similar to Heimdall's) battling what has been called "Marauders." The design for the "Marauders" does not show a monolithic army belonging to any one race, but many different races, both human and non-human. The Marauders display weapons from various tech levels, ranging from swords and spears and axes to high-tech beam weapons. Some of the Marauders even seem to come from different cultural backgrounds, and are seen in the gear of samurai, Chinese warriors, Middle Eastern warriors, and European warriors of the Middle Ages and ancient times. Generally, the Marauders seem to be "color coded" to a red-brown color for their armor and weaponry, although not all wear that color.
if by those bolded warriors you mean ones like the guy in the headband in this picture below which I've posted more than once about now and with more than one picture of different warriors who look just like him. In this picture, look down on the right hand side, the guy with the headband who you are referring to as part of your "marauder" army gathered over time and space as you've called it in other posts, he is clearly in battle with one of the many guys in armor who is also supposed to be part of your "marauder' army. The guys in armor are also battling the Asgardians, so head band guys at least couldn't possibly be part of your "marauder" army gathered by Thanos over time and space as you have been saying (now talk about flights of fancy and wild assumptions and "fan fiction" with that one!) The only Chinese looking people I see there are clearly innocent village people, not warriors fighting. So wrong there too.

Reference this picture:
(in spoiler tag due to size)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Now, I was trying to ignore that post for the most part as we've been in this arguement before. However, that is why I posted this picture above in the "facts" thread as well. And I think you should correct your post in the "facts" thread as it is definitely misleading and utterly incorrect. Oh and by the way, just because the characters look like they are from "ancient times" and cultures doesn't mean they are, it very likely simply means that those other realm characters and costumes are *based on* those things. Costume designers do that all the time. Just as comic books are sometimes *based on* mythology.


Last edited by elizah72; 11-29-2012 at 09:46 AM.
elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #619
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I think he means someone that is intentionally "Planted" to throw us off topic, which I don't think is the case. However, I do agree some of the speculating (while fun) at times does seem very imaginative and perhaps a little far fetched for what I believe we will most likely see in this movie. Then again though I am not Alan Taylor or Marvel, and except for the little bits of information I gather (like everyone else here about the film), I really have no idea what to expect. As a result it is fair to say even the ideas I would consider unlikely, still could hold some merit if they can not be entirely discounted at this point. In closing, I guess I would just say that if the people participating in the speculating are enjoying themselves and if they do not try to pass off their ideas as fact and if everyone can remain respectful of one another, then I don't see the harm in it.

Surfer
Agreed; but I also hope that people here show some respect and start being less long-winded in their speculation. If you need to write a wall of text, I'd appreciate if you reduce it inside spoiler tags so your posts don't take up half the page.....it's very irritating to see this thread light up "new stuff!" with the promise of actual news, photos, or solid rumors --- only to find two-three pages' worth of fanfic. There's an active thread already for that.

(That request for spoiler tags also extends to "quoting" photographs and videos --- we appreciate all the photos that Fresh and others supply, but there's no need to eat up lots of thread space with the same photos we just saw a couple of posts before. Unless there's something specific within that pic you need to reference, there's no need to "quote" it just to say "oh, cool!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
I'm not supposed to know about Janet, and someone else told me, so in theory I could blab all I want about her. Still feel bad, don't want to get anyone in trouble. But there's bound to be a lot of ppl who know there's more to her role,and she isn't outright revealed or hinted to be Wasp until near the very end I'm told. So in a way this was probably bound to get out sooner or later. From what I've gathered recently, it's closer to right at the end of the movie, before credits. So it may come out sooner rather than later by other people who will confirm this. The big thing is that there's mysteriously no Hank (as far as I know) and I don't know how that works yet. I've had a little bit of a head start on crazy theories about where the hell he is if she's in IM3, because I know she is, and it'll give some of my crazy theories a little more weight. Undoubtedly still wrong about many things, though.
If you're referring to Stephanie Szostak, I'll bet my left nut that she is most definitely *not* playing Janet Van Dyne, now or ever.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #620
LokiDionysos
Eternal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
you're worse than roger wardell
Lol I've appropriated some of his rumors into my theory because there may be some truth to them. I noticed some similarities between what I know and what he knows, but whoever he is doesn't have the full truth on things like Ultron leading the masters of evil. Ultron would never lead them.... Enslave them after the nano-technology that's keeping some of them under control... maybe. Some of the other stuff he's said I took with more than a grain of salt and tried to work into what I know. I don't know if everything Wardell says is true, but some of it is.

I kind of wanted to show how whoever he is, he's right and wrong at the same time with what he's saying. He knows a very broad outline. I doubt he would come out and say that Speedball/Penance would come into this series (I don't know if Wardell's hinted about him or not). That may have not been a random idea

LokiDionysos is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #621
LokiDionysos
Eternal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

If you're referring to Stephanie Szostak, I'll bet my left nut that she is most definitely *not* playing Janet Van Dyne, now or ever.
Lol deal.

There are reasons I didn't say it on the Iron Man 3 board.

It confuses me more than anything. And is the reason for a lot of recent long ass posts.

There really could be a lot of truth to Feige's recent talk about taking a lot of risks.


Last edited by LokiDionysos; 11-29-2012 at 08:01 AM.
LokiDionysos is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #622
LokiDionysos
Eternal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 289
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

It's only funny because someone over at the site that shall not be mentioned already owes me a nut after I said Thanos would be in Avengers last year.
I'm not gonna collect though, when I'm shown to be telling the truth on this site.

And that was more believable and became common knowledge eventually, before the movie even came out because of many sources that came about before the release. At the point that I said it, we only had the Latino review rumors to go on and they didn't know how much Thanos would play into it. Even I didn't. But in almost all of my pre-avengers speculation I made Thanos a part of it, because early on I knew he would be.

There aren't even that many people saying that she's Wasp for sure. But I'm telling you she's Janet, and it won't be revealed until the end, possibly because of what she's doing with AIM/in Stark's world. Lots of things you wouldn't believe may be introduced or briefly mentioned in IM3. I understand some of the concerns, but I think it's being done to bring some element of mystery to the characters. She shows up, GA doesn't know who she was just revealed to be, Pym's nowhere to be seen so even comic fans are confused and shocked about her appearing. A major overhaul could be being done to their characters, and the Ant Man movie may do for Ant Man what Iron Man did for Iron Man. Make him more of a mainstream character... IMO Pym hasn't been handled properly in the comics in a long time, and there may be some ways planned to make them a very big part of the team again with Marvel Now's new event. That's the key, some of the Marvel Now stuff is being worked into the movies, but only some things. Some elements of the upcoming Age of Ultron will very likely appear on film... The GoTG roster (minus IM), and some continuity between character designs there.

Until we find out more about them, the GA would begin to look into who that character is, and then half of the introduction to the powers is already done. Whedon already wanted Janet in Avengers, but not Henry. The desire is there to bring her to the team, and they need a new female superhero to balance the team. Miss marvel is too far away, and they may really want another female superhero on the team in Avengers 2. Ideally she would settle the leadership disputes, do you remember when Feige referenced civil war in regards to Avengers 2? I didn't until I learned some new info. This would accomplish that faster. Just because we saw Black Widow in IM2, didn't mean they immediately stopped planning her movie or that a solo movie can't come out later. Although, I suspect this is an entirely different case, and much of Black Widow's story will now be covered in CA:WS (possibly negating the need for a solo BW movie). And her role would be far less involved with the main plot, or less scene-filling, than Widow's in IM2. Even I'll have to wait and see how it plays out to predict how that ties into the rest of phase 2 and make any more predictions. The important thing would be that we don't get to see any hint she's actually Janet until the end. I've theorized she's undercover and working against AIM for some purpose of her own and like Pym was never heard from again, until now. She has a slight distrust for Shield after they took their stuff, but is also missing Pym... i.e. in more than one way.


Last edited by LokiDionysos; 11-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.
LokiDionysos is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #623
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,838
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Lol deal.

There are reasons I didn't say it on the Iron Man 3 board.

It confuses me more than anything. And is the reason for a lot of recent long ass posts.

There really could be a lot of truth to Feige's recent talk about taking a lot of risks.

LokiDionysos, It is important to understand that most people that come onto these boards and claim to have insider information turn out to have no real knowledge of what will happen at all, but instead turn out to be intentionally misleading. So, as a result of these previous experiences it is only natural that most people here will be skeptical when someone new arrives claiming to be in the know. Therefore, if you are indeed someone with insider information (as you claim to be) you will need to weather other peoples negativity towards you possibly many times (hopefully without you taking it personal) before being able to establish yourself as someone that can be trusted. However, on the flip side if what your stating as knowledge turns out to be wrong, your reputation will be crushed and at the very least people will mostly stop talking and listening to you, but it could possibly even lead to you being Banned by a moderator, as I have seen it done before. So, before you continue posting things as fact I just thought I should point out to you what your up against.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #624
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
It's only funny because someone over at the site that shall not be mentioned already owes me a nut after I said Thanos would be in Avengers last year.
I'm not gonna collect though, when I'm shown to be telling the truth on this site.

And that was more believable and became common knowledge eventually, before the movie even came out because of many sources that came about before the release. At the point that I said it, we only had the Latino review rumors to go on and they didn't know how much Thanos would play into it. Even I didn't. But in almost all of my pre-avengers speculation I made Thanos a part of it, because early on I knew he would be.

There aren't even that many people saying that she's Wasp for sure. But I'm telling you she's Janet, and it won't be revealed until the end, possibly because of what she's doing with AIM/in Stark's world. Lots of things you wouldn't believe may be introduced or briefly mentioned in IM3. I understand some of the concerns, but I think it's being done to bring some element of mystery to the characters. She shows up, GA doesn't know who she was just revealed to be, Pym's nowhere to be seen so even comic fans are confused and shocked about her appearing. A major overhaul could be being done to their characters, and the Ant Man movie may do for Ant Man what Iron Man did for Iron Man. Make him more of a mainstream character... IMO Pym hasn't been handled properly in the comics in a long time, and there may be some ways planned to make them a very big part of the team again with Marvel Now's new event. That's the key, some of the Marvel Now stuff is being worked into the movies, but only some things. Some elements of the upcoming Age of Ultron will very likely appear on film... The GoTG roster (minus IM), and some continuity between character designs there.

Until we find out more about them, the GA would begin to look into who that character is, and then half of the introduction to the powers is already done. Whedon already wanted Janet in Avengers, but not Henry. The desire is there to bring her to the team, and they need a new female superhero to balance the team. Miss marvel is too far away, and they may really want another female superhero on the team in Avengers 2. Ideally she would settle the leadership disputes, do you remember when Feige referenced civil war in regards to Avengers 2? I didn't until I learned some new info. This would accomplish that faster. Just because we saw Black Widow in IM2, didn't mean they immediately stopped planning her movie or that a solo movie can't come out later. Although, I suspect this is an entirely different case, and much of Black Widow's story will now be covered in CA:WS (possibly negating the need for a solo BW movie). And her role would be far less involved with the main plot, or less scene-filling, than Widow's in IM2. Even I'll have to wait and see how it plays out to predict how that ties into the rest of phase 2 and make any more predictions. The important thing would be that we don't get to see any hint she's actually Janet until the end. I've theorized she's undercover and working against AIM for some purpose of her own and like Pym was never heard from again, until now. She has a slight distrust for Shield after they took their stuff, but is also missing Pym... i.e. in more than one way.
What on earth would Janet Van Dyne have to do with A.I.M.....? Makes no sense at all.

Yes, I agree that Janet would ideally be the next female candidate for the Avengers, but it makes absolutely no sense that she'd be introduced in an Iron Man movie. Feige has already had an earful from fanboys and professional movie critics alike on the use of completely random cameos that did not fit in their respective movies at all (i.e., Hawkeye in Thor and Widow in IM2), and he's made a point of saying there WON'T be any Avenger crossover cameos in IM3. Which, point blank, rules Wasp out.

If Janet Van Dyne joins the MCU, it will be in the Ant-Man movie or an Avengers sequel, *not* IM3, where she doesn't fit at all.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #625
Ash Talon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 210
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Yeah, I don't see Wasp being introduced in IM3. I know they originally wanted her in Avengers. A source of mine saw storyboards with her in them. Action scenes are often planned before scripts are even written, so I can see how she might have been in some action sequences and eventually trimmed out of the script.

If Janet is in IM3 and has something to do with AIM, I could see her trying to track the stolen Ant-Man technology. Remember, early Wright ideas for Ant-Man involved 2 generations of Ant-Man with Lang/O'Grady stealing the Ant-Man suit from Pym. Maybe Janet is tracking the technology (as a SHIELD agent) and potentially Pym himself (who is tracking his own technology). Obviously all speculation, but it's a bunch of stuff to through at people. All the Wasp/Ant-Man set-up and/or potentially Thanos/GOTG set-up as well.

I would rather have Pym as a scientist working for SHIELD. His ideas are too out there/unstable for them. He discovers AIM is stealing SHIELD technology and sets out to expose them using his Ant-Man technology and prove its worth to SHIELD. Janet gets pulled along for the ride (his girlfriend?) on his quest. They could have a great chemistry and banter between them. We haven't seen an adventuring couple in mainstream, action films in a long time. Could be refreshing. Having Janet a member of SHIELD is just too insular and doesn't fit the character very well.

Ash Talon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.