The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #626
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm with you man.

This thread has crossed the line from speculation into complete fan-fiction.

Still wouldn't surprise me that one of the posters lately is a plant.
I wouldnt say that. Just a lot of enthusiasm. It is very difficult to follow the thor boards right now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDionysos View Post
Could be your loss. I don't know what will happen for sure, or how all the movies will connect. Maybe time-travel is far off... I'm making it painfully obvious that someone actually is in IM3 working for AIM. I'm trying to explain the absence of another character to myself mostly. I didn't want to outright spoil it this soon but you made me.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Janet will be in IM3. Feige is playing coy. Without Hank from what I know.
How that affects the rest of the movies is anyone's guess.
until something is confirmed, or until you provide a source, your theories are just that, theories. Whether you turn out to be right or not, they are still theories until something gets confirmed.

We KNOW
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
AIM is in Im3. And you aren't the first to speculate that Jan will be in ironman 3. I beleived it for a long time. Hell, an "insider" has said so

as for Sam and Elizah. Let is go guys. Elizah, your logic is similar to the whole A>B>C therefor A>C debate.

YES, the books are based off the myths. Yes, there are stories based off the myths. However, they are changed. They are changed, the comics are NOT the myths. The are based off the myths. Slightly changed. Therefor Thor's comics are slightly different from the myths. The movies are based off of what we got in the comics. So yes, the source material is influenced by the myths, however, it is still the source material. The source material is the comic books, not the myths. Yeah, I know, we know thor's books are based off of the myths, but like the mcu is based off the books, the books are NOT the myths. Things are different from the myths. Of those two things, the movies will be based off the comic book take on the myths, not the myths themselves. So, yeah, I would say it is rather UNLIKELY that aspects of thor's mytho that ISN'T in the books, will appear in the movies, cause again, that's not the.."version" of the myths that source material is based on.

You both have points, but there is a missing piece. Lets drop this arguement.

and as for everyone, lets just settle down. With all the speculation, the thor board has been incredibly difficult to follow lately, there is just way too much being guessed about this movie. Too too much stuff to be in a movie. And it is very difficult to keep up with all the posts, which is why the thor board's have lost a lot of posters over the last few weeks.

We can speculate, its fine, but there is just WAY too much stuff being guessed around right now. Opinions will differ, but there's just too much, these thor boards have been getting a bit arguementitive, so lets ease up with the speculation a bit, stuff that is fair to speculate, cause right now there is way too much stuff being guessed, some of which, is probably a bit unlikely.

Secondly, why the hell are we talking about janet and ironman 3 in the thor news and speculation thread? its crazy here, lets just stay on topic, and for christ's sake, slow down

Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #627
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

This is why we can't have nice things

Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #628
elizah72
Side-Kick

Expederest is reporting that the set at Greenwich is being cleared away even though filming was originally supposed to go through Dec. 4

http://expederest.tumblr.com/tagged/Thor-2

Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #629
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Thor 2 Fans on Twitter came across a few tweets that suggest there were some footage from the movie shown at Leicester Square for an annual Disney employee Forum. And the clips were introduced by Tom Hiddleston himself. Seems no one could give footage descriptions, but one could only tell me the footage showcased basically what we've already heard "Bigger on action. You see more of their world(s). Think Game of Thrones.. That's all!"

Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #630
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Thor 2 Fans on Twitter came across a few tweets that suggest there were some footage from the movie shown at Leicester Square for an annual Disney employee Forum. And the clips were introduced by Tom Hiddleston himself. Seems no one could give footage descriptions, but one could only tell me the footage showcased basically what we've already heard "Bigger on action. You see more of their world(s). Think Game of Thrones.. That's all!"
lmfao of course they are. I feel like Tom wants to say so much but can't

Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #631
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
expederest is reporting that the set at greenwich is being cleared away even though filming was originally supposed to go through dec. 4

http://expederest.tumblr.com/tagged/thor-2
footage soon?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #632
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

so the wikipedia is telling me that elliot goldenthal is scoring thor: the dark world, is there any validity to this claim? if so, huzzah. if not, you've failed me for the last time, wikipedia.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #633
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Expederest is reporting that the set at Greenwich is being cleared away even though filming was originally supposed to go through Dec. 4

http://expederest.tumblr.com/tagged/Thor-2
Quote:
Thanks elizah72 and marvel_freshman for the updates. It's too bad they didn't have more details to share with us about what kind of footage was shown, but hopefully we will find out more information soon. Oh, and by the way, I believe that Jaqua99's question regarding "footage soon?" was suppose to be directed at marvel_freshman and not elizah72, since he was the one who mentioned footage in his post to begin with, but I could be wrong.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #634
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

It's probably a bit too early for there to be a composer announced.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #635
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I swear by the end of the Thor movie run that poor guy is going to have a complex always fearful of leaking spoilers even though everyone knows what happens in the movies.

Don't let your only regret in life be the guilt that you didn't spend enough time with the ones you love the most.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #636
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
I'm sure he does, having watched more than a few interviews of him, Tom always wants to say SO much. I could listen to him speak all day though, so I'm okay with that. LOL

Quote:
footage soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Thanks elizah72 and marvel_freshman for the updates. It's too bad they didn't have more details to share with us about what kind of footage was shown, but hopefully we will find out more information soon. Oh, and by the way, I believe that Jaqua99's question regarding "footage soon?" was suppose to be directed at marvel_freshman and not elizah72, since he was the one who mentioned footage in his post to begin with, but I could be wrong.

Surfer
as jaqua99 knows well, I have no clue about such things. LOL

I hope so though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I swear by the end of the Thor movie run that poor guy is going to have a complex always fearful of leaking spoilers even though everyone knows what happens in the movies.
yeah because all the crew and security guards, and eavesdropping fans and lose lipped stuntmen have leaked everything already. LOL

Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #637
Surfer

Quote:
Yeah, he always jokes about the Marvel snipers. Lol

Seriously though, Tom is a brilliant spokes person for Marvel. He comes across as being very intelligent and at ease during interviews and he is particularly good at giving fans just enough information to satisfy them without getting himself into trouble. Many actors while good in front of a camera seem to choke a little when it comes to interviews, I guess they are not as good with improvisation, but Tom is a natural.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #638
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Well...I've learnt more about IM3 on the Thor boards than I have on the IM3 one! Guess that's the nature this board

Old 11-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #639
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Yeah, he always jokes about the Marvel snipers. Lol

Seriously though, Tom is a brilliant spokes person for Marvel. He comes across as being very intelligent and at ease during interviews and he is particularly good at giving fans just enough information to satisfy them without getting himself into trouble. Many actors while good in front of a camera seem to choke a little when it comes to interviews, I guess they are not as good with improvisation, but Tom is a natural.

Surfer
It's that 50% Scottish blood he has running through his veins. If you've seen any of those Scottish celebrities, like James McAvoy or Craig Ferguson they are some of the liveliest, charming people to interview or be interviewed by on the T.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Well...I've learnt more about IM3 on the Thor boards than I have on the IM3 one! Guess that's the nature this board
Isn't it funny how these things happen in this message board? It's like in the Avengers message board how we learned more about Batman Rises there.

Don't let your only regret in life be the guilt that you didn't spend enough time with the ones you love the most.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #640
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Surfer
Quote:

I'm sure he does, having watched more than a few interviews of him, Tom always wants to say SO much. I could listen to him speak all day though, so I'm okay with that. LOL

as jaqua99 knows well, I have no clue about such things. LOL

I hope so though!

yeah because all the crew and security guards, and eavesdropping fans and lose lipped stuntmen have leaked everything already. LOL
Well, it was directed towards Elizah. It was sort of like a "what do you think" type of question, I wasn't asking specifically if she knew. Cause she said the filming was wrapping up there..so my thought was..oh, filming is wrapping up...maybe we'll get some footage soon??

Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #641
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, it was directed towards Elizah. It was sort of like a "what do you think" type of question, I wasn't asking specifically if she knew. Cause she said the filming was wrapping up there..so my thought was..oh, filming is wrapping up...maybe we'll get some footage soon??
I dunno. I am hoping (probably in vain) that we might get a little something during the superbowl but probably won't. Hopefully they'll release something soon.

Jamie A. tweeted Zach L. today that she'll see him soon so could mean more warriors 3 and Sif stuff to be filmed soon. maybe.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #642
Surfer

Quote:
It's that 50% Scottish blood he has running through his veins. If you've seen any of those Scottish celebrities, like James McAvoy or Craig Ferguson they are some of the liveliest, charming people to interview or be interviewed by on the T.V.
Hey you don't need to convince me that the Scotts are awesome. As a matter of fact my wife is primarilly from Scottish ancestory, and she reminds me whenever she gets the chance that she is nearly perfect in every way. So, I say to her Honey, why only "nearly perfect", and she says well you know I can't be truly perfect unless I remain humble. Lol

But yeah, I love the Scotts and their country is truly beautiful.

Surfer

Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #643
Surfer

Quote:
Okay, I get it now, but at the time it seemed to make more sense, that you were asking marvel_freshman if he knew when we might be able to expect to see the footage that was shown. I apologize if it created any confusion.

Surfer

Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #644
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I dunno. I am hoping (probably in vain) that we might get a little something during the superbowl but probably won't. Hopefully they'll release something soon.

Jamie A. tweeted Zach L. today that she's see him soon so could mean more warriors 3 and Sif stuff to be filmed soon. maybe.
Oh, I'd be shocked if we don't get anything by february. I bet we'll get a teaser for the superbowl. Think about it. We got a FULL ironman trailer in october. That is 6 months in advance. February is 9 months prior to release, so I'd say we may get a teaser. We got a teaser for thor 1, a year prior to release

Quote:
Okay, I get it now, but at the time it seemed to make more sense, that you were asking marvel_freshman if he knew when we might be able to expect to see the footage that was shown. I apologize if it created any confusion.

Surfer
don't appologize. But wait, what footage?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #645
Surfer

Quote:
Oh, I'd be shocked if we don't get anything by february. I bet we'll get a teaser for the superbowl. Think about it. We got a FULL ironman trailer in october. That is 6 months in advance. February is 9 months prior to release, so I'd say we may get a teaser. We got a teaser for thor 1, a year prior to release

don't appologize. But wait, what footage?

marvel_freshman posted this right before you responsed to elizah72 with your "footage soon?" comment and it's contents are the reason I thought you meant to respond to him instead.

"Thor 2 Fans on Twitter came across a few tweets that suggest there were some footage from the movie shown at Leicester Square for an annual Disney employee Forum. And the clips were introduced by Tom Hiddleston himself. Seems no one could give footage descriptions, but one could only tell me the footage showcased basically what we've already heard "Bigger on action. You see more of their world(s). Think Game of Thrones.. That's all!"

I hope that helps and does not just cause further confusion.

Surfer

Last edited by Surfer; 11-30-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #646
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

it does! But the anxiety is growing!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #647
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Well, I for one am certainly hoping That Thor 2 is one of the are movies that actually improves itself from the original movie, like Superman II and Star Trek II were even better than their original counterparts.

P.S. I'm so depressed now because the guy that made this cute Nyan Asgardians video took down his Youtube website.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-01-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #648
elizah72
Side-Kick

Two minor things, Sam Jackson has confirmed he will not be in Thor 2 or IM3 and tweeted back on Sept 7th

Hmmm...

and not to open this argument up again, however I do want to drop this quote in here that I just found, for people to take into consideration.

Quote:
Listen, when we embark on this, we’ve got 600 plus issues, we’ve got a thousand years of mythology, we have other stories we’d like to tell. The audience will tell us whether they want to see those other stories, but we have to be prepared for that if we should get the call. ~ Kevin Feige regarding potential sequels to Thor, May 2011
http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...d-the-avengers

Last edited by elizah72; 12-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #649
American Maid
Side-Kick

I think it will be very cool to have Odin interacting with his ravens. I wonder if they will only report on the events of The Avengers or will they report on other realms in the course of the film.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #650
American Maid
Side-Kick

We discussed this quote from Hemsworth a bit when it first appeared. This post places a slightly different emphasis, which I found interesting.

Link: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chris...rld-33420.html

The Hemsworth quote:
Quote:
I love the way [director Taylor] adds an incredibly organic element to the fantastical world of Thrones, and I think thatís what Thor could benefit from. . .Itís grounded in reality, no matter how mythical or science-fiction-like it becomes thereís a truth to it all.
The post's emphasis:
Quote:
"grounded in reality," means . . . taking something fantastic and beyond what we know and implementing truths about the way we think, feel and emote in real life as to make it true.
And the title of the piece is "Chris Hemsworth Talks about Maintaining Emotional Truth in Thor: The Dark World."

If they do that, I feel that certainly will add to the richness of the film. Looking forward to it.

Closed Thread