Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #51
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
She won't be aged out, she just looks older than her age.

In that photo she looks about 40 or so. In her movie photos, she looks slightly younger, but still not in her 20s.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #52
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
ok just seen john carter for first time and man it is a damn shame lynn collins will be aged out she was awesome and gave a great performance in that film and would make a perfect Diana specifically her physique in john carter imo is what the actress should aspire to look like when cast as WW she was muscular but also very toned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
It is indeed a damn shame. oh well.
I agree with both of you, seeing her in that flick made me think of Collins as a really good Wondy.

Then I have to say that our Hype collegue Majik1387 have some interesting candidates on his collage of possible JL actors/actresses.

http://valor1387.deviantart.com/art/...CALL-321259204

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
combocaz
Side-Kick

Lynn Collins looks weird now, The weight gain doesnt help and she looks like shes been getting plastic surgery.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #54
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Lynn Collins looks weird now, The weight gain doesnt help and she looks like shes been getting plastic surgery.
Really? I didn't know that. Ah, well.

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #55
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Lynn Collins is starting to look like Adele.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #56
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Adele is hot though

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #57
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Not WW material though.

Maybe Lynn can play Etta Candy.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #58
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Whoa! Who ate Lynn?

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #59
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Cheetah could still be used, but she could be what looks like part of a smaller plot that gives way to a bigger plot and bigger villain behind it all. So Cheetah is more of a pawn or the means by which WW stumbles upon something bigger.
Hmmm, what does Cheetah do besides fight WW?

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #60
NigelHalsey
Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
Shed fur?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #61
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Bingo. You've found the problem. Great villains are doing *something* that the hero reacts to. They have a goal. The hero isn't their only focus.

Cheetah doesn't have that really? The filmmakers would have to come up with something. Perhaps she's still trying to get lost artifacts (though that might be more Gunther's thing). Perhaps something more primal, as she's a monster. She could perhaps be hunting, she just needs an MO of sorts, I guess.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #62
J'adore
Vous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Lynn Collins is starting to look like Adele.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #63
J'adore
Vous

Lynn Collins is wrong for Wonder Woman. I'd pick Haley damn Atwell before I'd pick her. Just because she has a muscular build and big breasts doesn't mean she's made to be Wonder Woman. Her acting is average and she looks older than Henry Cavill (which I imagine WB wouldn't want)

Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #64
batdude
Side-Kick

You know, I was just in the hotties thread and I realized something. Victoria Justice might work for WW. it's not going to be for a year or two and she looks the part. Daniel Craig for Ares? maybe. It might be appealing to him to play a god. Cheetah? that is what I refer to as aEliza Dushku role. maybe Summer Glau or Minka Kelly too.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #65
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Lynn Collins is wrong for Wonder Woman. I'd pick Haley damn Atwell before I'd pick her. Just because she has a muscular build and big breasts doesn't mean she's made to be Wonder Woman. Her acting is average and she looks older than Henry Cavill (which I imagine WB wouldn't want)
average did you see john carter she was amazing gave a phenomenal performance she came across as a legitimate tough warrior but also was very noble and compassionate and even intelligent and was sacrificing herself ot save her people totally screamed WW to me not even mentioning how perfect her look for WW was in JC in face and physique

and she is older than taylor too and they did'nt look out of place on screen together

and amy is even older than lynn and she is lois

come on now lol

Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #66
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Lynn collins can act but doesnt have the look imo so I crossed her off the list.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #67
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
You know, I was just in the hotties thread and I realized something. Victoria Justice might work for WW. it's not going to be for a year or two and she looks the part.

Quote:
To be fair, jury is still out on Adams as Lois.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #68
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
did you see john carter she was amazing gave a phenomenal performance she came across as a legitimate tough warrior but also was very noble and compassionate and even intelligent and was sacrificing herself ot save her people totally screamed WW to me not even mentioning how perfect her look for WW was in JC in face and physique
She was Wonder Woman in that film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Lynn collins can act but doesnt have the look imo so I crossed her off the list.
Never seen John carter, have you?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
You know, I was just in the hotties thread and I realized something. Victoria Justice might work for WW.
I thought that Victoria Justice thing a while back. Only issue is that Diana is pretty classically blue-eyed, and I think the contacts thing would have a Jessica-Alba-as-Sue-Storm type effect, which would be, in a word, bad. I would enjoy the heck out of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
In a superficial way, yes, very much. I guess that's the thing with these Regan/Daddario roles. They're only Wonder Woman in superficial ways. Sexy warrior princesses. Pretty fighters with a soft side. I think that's okay for a supporting cast member, but Diana is more than 'Compassionate' and 'Fierce' and 'vaguely Greek.' These actresses who they get to play these sort of 'supporting cast Dianas' are good for those things, and for many fans that's all they know of her, that's how she's used in JLA stories, and sometimes in her own series. A one note character whose defining qualities are being strong, attractive and being nice sometimes - qualities that apply to every other superhero, meaning her breasts are the only thing unique about her. Some fans are satisfied with that, and think that would be interesting to the masses too.

...but Diana is more than that - and she must be in order to become an exceptional hero with her own identity instead of just 'the female superhero.' Diana is and must become a dynamic adventurer, someone who you'd like to be around even if you're not in a throne room or a battlefield. She should be scintillating, and overpoweringly charming, even when she's doing something wrong or unwise. She's not Batman with his brooding warrior mentality. She's not Superman with his impeccable morals and perceived aloofness. She's a people person, that's the only way she works, and it takes more than a warrior princess to pull that off, it takes charisma, more than anything.

In short, if a Wonder Woman movie is ever going to be successful, they'll cast a Diana, and not a Wonder Woman. Someone whom we love and root for, even when she's messing up, even when she's dirty and unpretty, even when she isn't in costume and isn't fighting anything, because she's got that sparkle in her eye, and that big dream, and we can see a bit of ourselves in her.

All this superficial stuff: Dark hair, height, bust size, athletic build, face shape, wearing classical attire... all these things can be pulled together out of thin air on the fly. Not worth casting towards. I'd rather see someone like Katherine Heigl hit the gym for a month than someone like Lynn Collins trying to duplicate her supporting performance from another film.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 11-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #70
J'adore
Vous

Quote:
average did you see john carter she was amazing gave a phenomenal performance she came across as a legitimate tough warrior but also was very noble and compassionate and even intelligent and was sacrificing herself ot save her people totally screamed WW to me not even mentioning how perfect her look for WW was in JC in face and physique

and she is older than taylor too and they did'nt look out of place on screen together

come on now lol

I've seen the movie and she was o.k for a Disney movie...And that's all well and good that she was older than the guy in John Carter but that's John Carter. And who cares if Amy is older than her? She is playing Lois Lane, a civilian love interest. If WB cast Wonder Woman/Diana they'd want to make de-age her slightly if they wanted an origin movie (and no that doesn't mean baby face daddario).

Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #71
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post

Never seen John carter, have you?
I saw it.She wast wonderwoman.She was a wonderful warrior princess but did not look or act like Wonderwoman.Loved her potroyal but never onece did I see her as Wonderwoman

Old 11-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #72
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
In a superficial way, yes, very much. I guess that's the thing with these Regan/Daddario roles. They're only Wonder Woman in superficial ways. Sexy warrior princesses. Pretty fighters with a soft side. I think that's okay for a supporting cast member, but Diana is more than 'Compassionate' and 'Fierce' and 'vaguely Greek.' These actresses who they get to play these sort of 'supporting cast Dianas' are good for those things, and for many fans that's all they know of her, that's how she's used in JLA stories, and sometimes in her own series. A one note character whose defining qualities are being strong, attractive and being nice sometimes - qualities that apply to every other superhero, meaning her breasts are the only thing unique about her. Some fans are satisfied with that, and think that would be interesting to the masses too.

...but Diana is more than that - and she must be in order to become an exceptional hero with her own identity instead of just 'the female superhero.' Diana is and must become a dynamic adventurer, someone who you'd like to be around even if you're not in a throne room or a battlefield. She should be scintillating, and overpoweringly charming, even when she's doing something wrong or unwise. She's not Batman with his brooding warrior mentality. She's not Superman with his impeccable morals and perceived aloofness. She's a people person, that's the only way she works, and it takes more than a warrior princess to pull that off, it takes charisma, more than anything.

In short, if a Wonder Woman movie is ever going to be successful, they'll cast a Diana, and not a Wonder Woman. Someone whom we love and root for, even when she's messing up, even when she's dirty and unpretty, even when she isn't in costume and isn't fighting anything, because she's got that sparkle in her eye, and that big dream, and we can see a bit of ourselves in her.

All this superficial stuff: Dark hair, height, bust size, athletic build, face shape, wearing classical attire... all these things can be pulled together out of thin air on the fly. Not worth casting towards. I'd rather see someone like Katherine Heigl hit the gym for a month than someone like Lynn Collins trying to duplicate her supporting performance from another film.
Well, it's not usual that fans want people who's played similar roles. And not only them, but the studios as well.
If an actor have showed some skills in playing a particular type of character, it can be evidence that he (or she) can take on more of the same stuff. The result can be quite successful. Why should they cast a role "against character" just for the sake of it?
Roger Moore got to play Bond. Not saying Simon Templar or Brett Sinclair have the same physical strenght as 007, or that they are capable of saving the world in the same way. But the three characters share a few traits, more or less. And to some degree, Moore duplicated his performances from earlier successes in LALD and forward. hate it or love it, but it made money and gave us some entertaining films.

Then an actor's look alone can make him work for a character if he looks similar to how the character looks in comic books or earlier films. hair color, height, physical build, face shape all weights in on this. Why else were Hugh Jackman and Clive Owen fan favorites for Bond?

Quote:
I saw it.She wast wonderwoman.She was a wonderful warrior princess but did not look or act like Wonderwoman.Loved her potroyal but never onece did I see her as Wonderwoman
She didn't look like a modern live action version of WW to you? How strange! To me, her left hand was more WW than the chick in failed TV pilot could have been in her dreams.

Last edited by Airwings; 11-20-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #73
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bingo. You've found the problem. Great villains are doing *something* that the hero reacts to. They have a goal. The hero isn't their only focus.

Cheetah doesn't have that really? The filmmakers would have to come up with something. Perhaps she's still trying to get lost artifacts (though that might be more Gunther's thing). Perhaps something more primal, as she's a monster. She could perhaps be hunting, she just needs an MO of sorts, I guess.
Maybe have her thematic contrast with WW be her attitude towards the "mortal" world/Man's World. Diana views them as flawed people who deserve help, whereas the Cheetah views them as weak people who deserve to be abused and exploited. So, Diana moves amongst them to try and set an example, whereas Cheetah moves amongst them as a predator amongst prey, taking what she wants and doing what she wants.

This works even if the Cheetah was originally an ordinary mortal: when she ended up empowered, she took to it poorly and developed a god complex.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #74
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's because she wasn't playing Wonder Woman there, she was playing Dejah Thoris. However, I think looking at her performance in John Carter, she *could* do Wonder Woman. It wouldn't simply be the same performance, but I think its within her reach.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdstone View Post
I agree with both of you, seeing her in that flick made me think of Collins as a really good Wondy.

Then I have to say that our Hype collegue Majik1387 have some interesting candidates on his collage of possible JL actors/actresses.

http://valor1387.deviantart.com/art/...CALL-321259204
Just noticed this; Glad to see some posters are actually viewing my stuff.
I probably would be adding in more names at some point; sadly though, with the power struggle going on at WB, I don't even know if any suggestions would be worth it anymore.
Quote:
Quote:

The way I see Cheetah would be an amalgamation of Cheetah in the comics and cartoons. Have her start off as an Amazon with a rebellious streak and prone to psychotic, being bested in the tournament by Diana, praying to Ares, leading to Circe, gifting her with the anthropomorphic powers. Granted yes, it's not a strong MO(pride is hurt, wants revenge), but again, I see Cheetah as more of a "muscle" role of an adversary, not quite a main threat. Like I said earlier, when Diana goes to the Man's World, have Ares send Cheetah there to pose as the socialite Priscilla Rich; maybe even work with Veronica Cale.
Quote:
Entirely agreed.
Quote:
I gotta disagree on the bold though; I agree an athletic build is easy to gain if the actress chosen has proven herself to be able to do i, which, sad to say, the majority of people's suggestions lack heavily(I'm looking at you MEW and Olivia Wilde supporters). Physically, that's an actress that the role needs; a woman who can believably hold her own onscreen in a physical role without it looking odd and unnatural. Current actresses who have accomplished this have been Jessica Biel(who I still support for WW), Angelina Jolie in her Tomb Raider days, Abbie Cornish(another I still support for WW), Ali Larter, and Hilary Swank.
And regarding face shape, again, I'm sorry to disagree here. It's not quite the face shape per se that people are referring to, but a face with strong features is simple a requirement, I'm sorry. A baby faced WW/Diana just won't work. No amount of exercise or diet can change the face while letting the body remain intact; especially in the time where plastic surgery and botox is so high in numbers on actresses.

Last edited by C. Lee; 11-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Closed Thread