Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #951
soundofyousick
Banned User

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Sorry, I think it looks better and call it what you want it definitely looks different than a pair of panties.
My point is, you can still see Xena's 'panties' through the large gaps, sure she is covering up a little, but c'mon, there is not that much difference.

As i said in an edited add in another post...if that is your personal perference for that aesthetic, fine, more power to you.
*but* if you, like that guy 'kingmadness', or anyone else, are insinuating that people who prefer a more revealing aesthetic, don't respect women, then it sounds like you are trying to bs women into thinking you are some kind of 'good guy', who would never dream of looking at them in a sexual way.
Whereas, smart women can smell that bs from a mile away, and *that* action, of attempting to bs them, is what they would consider being disrespectful to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjojo
that outfit was ridiculous and the movie was awful. also as much as i like halle berry, shes not a very good actress. she won the oscar for having sex with Billy Bob Thorton without throwing up. terrible example. sorry.

and its not about prudishness. i personally have no problem with the outfit, but you will never get the likes of Emily Blunt to scamper around like that for two hours. ill happily sacrifice the cleavage for a top shelf actress. plus i like the idea of a practical, classical greek warrior costume. exposing your chest makes no sense for her if she's gonna battle a heavy hitter.

Cap got a fairly radical redesign for his debut movie and the same can be done for Wonder Woman. Its an ADAPTATION. If the movie is good (a huge IF im afraid) the redesigned costume wont mean squat.
eh, EB got the role of BW remember, there was a scheduling conflict so she couldn't play the role, so she was at aleast prepared to wear a skintight costume. Who are you to say what she would wear onscreen, and what she wouldn't, I imagine she would laugh at the absurdity of this conversation, and she would feel you were disrespecting her fellow thespians who *have* chosen to wear revealing outfits in action movies already.
Because you are sounding very disrespectful to one actress already, and i feel what i posted above may well apply to you.

Last edited by soundofyousick; 01-11-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #952
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofyousick View Post
My point is, you can still see Xena's 'panties' through the large gaps, sure she is covering up a little, but c'mon, there is not that much difference.
I think there is a clear difference. The battleskirt is not the same as panties even if you could occasionally see under it. It is also steeped in history and worn by men at some time or another.

Quote:
As i said in an edited add in another post...if that is your personal perference for that aesthetic, fine, more power to you.
*but* if you, like that guy 'kingmadness', or anyone else, are insinuating that people who prefer a more revealing aesthetic, don't respect women, then it sounds like you are trying to bs women into thinking you are some kind of 'good guy', who would never dream of looking at them in a sexual way.
Whereas, smart women can smell that bs from a mile away, and *that* is what they would consider being disrespectful to them.
It is unfair to assume that everyone who doesn't like it is faking it.

Last edited by SlamAdams; 01-11-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #953
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
There is a clear difference.
Not much, not enough to make the distinction between 'lingerie' and 'battle dress', c'mon.

Quote:
It is unfair to assume that everyone who doesn't like it is faking it.
I never made any such assumption, I said 'if you are...', because if you are, like 'kingmadness' saying(he actually said this, edited to add: and you quoted him and agreed with his post), or insinuating, that people who prefer a more revealing aesthetic(which is what superhero books are full of, always have been) do not disrespect women, then it sounds like you are talking a lot of bull in an attempt to make yourself look good, and others bad.
and as I said, if that is just a personal aesthetic preference, more power to you. If you are being a bit prudish, not always a bad thing of course, then fair enough. Just as it is not always a bad thing to want some sexuality brought to the table.

Last edited by soundofyousick; 01-11-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #954
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

sorry-double

Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #955
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not much, not enough to bring a distinction between 'lingerie' and 'battle dress', c'mon.
One is underwear. One is something you wear over underwear. Clear distinction.

Quote:
I never made any such assumption, I said 'if you are...', because if you are, like 'kingmadness' saying(he actually said this), or insinuating, that people who prefer a more revealing aesthetic(which is what superhero books are full of, always have been), then it sounds like you are talking a lot of bull in an attempt to make yourself look good, and others bad.
and as I said, if that is just a personal aesthetic preference, more power to you. If you are being a bit prudish, not always a bad thing of course, then fair enough.
How this not an assumption? You are undermining what he is saying by writing him off as faking it for brownie points.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #956
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:

How this not an assumption? You are undermining what he is saying by writing him off as faking it for brownie points.
I meant I am not assuming *everyone*(as you put it) who is opposed to revealing superhero outfits is doing that.
But, 'kingmadness', yeah, damn right I am assuming, I can read between the lines like any intelligent person.
You quoted him and agreed with that post, that the WW outfit is disrespectful to women, ergo, by insinuation, those who want to see a costume like that don't respect women.
Hell, look at joeyjojo, he claims he is not being prudish! haha, it is the proper word to use, of course he is being prudish, and as I said, that is not always a bad thing of course, but liking a bit of sexuality brought to the table is not always a bad thing either.

edit: I see kingmadness and joeyjojo underneath the page, but I guess they are waiting until i go to bed before answering with some degree of outraged umbrage, sorry, the word umbrage almost sounded like a caveman shouting about a bra, sorry about that.

Last edited by soundofyousick; 01-11-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #957
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
eh, I think there are people on this thread who would disagree, and put it on a par with WW's outfit.
But why do you think WW's outfit is disrespectful to women? That sounds like something that would be said in more unenlightened times. Like, during the time of the Crucible.
Traditional Wonder Woman runs around in her underwear. You need to be more respectful then that especially today. I don't think people would except a live action WW in her panties today.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #958
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
Traditional Wonder Woman runs around in her underwear. You need to be more respectful then that especially today. I don't think people would except a live action WW in her panties today.
You must have some very strange underwear in your neck of the woods, because in the Lynda Carter show she wore massive padded short shorts. There is a shot of her wearing a blue skirt with the stars in the pilot episode, but even apart from it not looking as sexy, it just did not look as cool as the shorts.

So i guess somewhere along the way we got to a point where people don't think it's a good idea to see a women's legs on display in a movie, what happened with that, could someone fill me in?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #959
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I would like her movie costume like these.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #960
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

soundofyousick im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are just trolling. otherwise, you're just incredibly dense. and annoying as hell. i hope for your sake you dont behave like this in your everyday life.

and you should really refrain from making baseless assumptions about complete strangers. free advice. (by the way, Ms. Blunt has stated on several occasions that she has a problem with roles that serve to objectify women sexually. Hence, not a BASELESS assumption)

on-topic: theOVOVX, I like the last one, but I would go with a more solid skirt. Maybe a combo of the top skirt and the bottom top (if that makes sense). the shield is optional lol.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 01-11-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #961
soundofyousick
Banned User

I like those designs, although I prefer the gold to silver on the armour(and the headgear and armgear on the first one are a bit too overelaborate). And, y'know, I am not opposed to seeing an outfit that covers her up more than the Lynda Carter show did, I just want the outfit to look cool and sexy in a super-hero-y way, not some generic battle armour that we have seen in umpteen movies before.

Last edited by soundofyousick; 01-11-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #962
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Everybody in this topic is trying to start with me.

I wasn't insinuating that at all, way to grasp at straws Jesus. When the hell did I ever say that? All I said was that a Wonder Woman that runs around in a bikini doesn't do the modern woman justice.

Xena's battle skirt covers up a lot more, is hella better than straight up underwear, and is historically accurate.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #963
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Everybody in this topic is trying to start with me.

I wasn't insinuating that at all, way to grasp at straws Jesus. When the hell did I ever say that? All I said was that a Wonder Woman that runs around in a bikini doesn't do the modern woman justice.

Xena's battle skirt covers up a lot more, is hella better than straight up underwear, and is historically accurate.
I am trying to keep this ontopic, but I will reply to this, you said on your Xena pic post that this was an outfit that respected women, ergo , you meant that WW's outfit disrespected women, ergo, by insinuation, anyone who prefers the regular revealing WW costume does not respect women.
Leave it there man, for the sake of the thread, let people make their own minds up over what you meant by that statement.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #964
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Its not everybody. just a select few individuals. The skirt is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #965
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am trying to keep this ontopic, but I will reply to this, you said on your Xena pic post that this was an outfit that respected women, ergo , you meant that WW's outfit disrespected women, ergo, by insinuation, anyone who prefers the regular revealing WW costume does not respect women.
Leave it there man, for the sake of the thread, let people make their own minds up over what you meant by that statement.

Watch your mouth homeboy.

How about we leave it here, where it belongs. I made a statement, and you took that statement, internalized, and blew it out of proportion, probably because your having a bad day. Hmm, look I just put it down right there, looks like a good spot to leave it. On your face. Have a nice sleep sleep

Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #966
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Its not everybody. just a select few individuals. The skirt is a perfectly reasonable suggestion.
After this reply, I am going to ignore you, not on the ignore list, just ignore your posts.
Who said the skirt was unreasonable? I said it was ridiculous to say that a few straps of leather , with wide gaps between them(hence still revealing) was the difference between 'lingerie' and 'battle armour'.
You know this already, this is why i am going to ignore you, you are not worth talking to as you are not here to talk maturely.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #967
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Watch your mouth homeboy.

How about we leave it here, where it belongs. I made a statement, and you took that statement, internalized, and blew it out of proportion, probably because your having a bad day. Hmm, look I just put it down right there, looks like a good spot to leave it. On your face. Have a nice sleep sleep
Yeah, I will, I'll have a better sleep and waking than you will ever have, thank you very much. I don't need smilies, haha, all I need is truth.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #968
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Have fun bro, you can blow everything you want out of proportion in your dreams. In your dreams, when you picks fights, you'll actually win em too! Unlike in real life. Unlike right now. Just explaining what I meant so you don't do your own private "reading between the lines" through the lens of a mad man.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #969
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Ok wtf is soundofyousick talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #970
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post

different colors of course.
The covering around the shoulders are a good improvement for a WW costume. But getting armor like that and just painting it would be ridiculous. It's like painting an army tank completely with flag colors, or repainting an old temple with primary colors. It's the poorest exercise of pop art.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #971
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Forget the detailing or even the materials. I was just talking coverage. By all means make it more WW-esque. There was a decent example from the comics a few posts back.

and yeah that dude was a bit off his rocker. bad form at the very least.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #972
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Just stick with the classic costume. Feminists don't make a big deal about it. The rest of us shouldn't care.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #973
The Guard
Side-Kick

I can see how the classic costume doesn't neccessarily look all that practical or even Greek/Amazon. But to suggest its somehow not respectful to women? I guess if bathing suits are also disrespectful to women...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #974
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

She has heels lol

I believe in Batfleck
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #975
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick