The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #276
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Another tidbit that we haven't discussed yet: Tom Hiddleston was spotted arriving at Greenwich University. But we never saw him out in the yard in costume, not like we saw Portman or Skarsgaard (or, of course, Hemsworth and Eccleston). We know that there is an area between the chapel and some other room that was going to be set up for a set. Elizah supposed the chapel might serve as a throne room on some realm other than Asgard. Perhaps Loki is in that scene there? In any event, it doesn't seem like Hiddleston had much work at Greenwich University.

Are there any other interiors at Greenwich University that were used as locations in the film?
One of the people watching the filming from outside, I forget who, said that the crew told they they did film all day inside the Chapel one of the days at least, but that was not the same day that Tom was spotted. Now Tom could very well have managed to sneak in on one or more days, or he could have done a small amount of filming before his interview on the set was done, but there is nothing for certain out there about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, the whole time travel thing is kind of cool in theory, but it can definitely cause a lot of problems in their movieverse. Especially as their universe of characters grows, to continue having their stories inter connect with one another and make sense on a standard timeline is difficult enough, but add in time travel and you start getting alternate versions of reality due to the changes made by the person doing the Time Traveling and then multiply that times the number of stories interconnected and it just gets kind of crazy to even try to consider. So, hopefully if Marvel chooses to use time travel in their movies they will be smart about it's use and perhaps limit it to traveling characters from the distant future to either the current moment or the very immediate future and can therefore avoid stories overlapping and causing problems.

Surfer
Agreed.

Quote:
Let's talk about space travel.

I'm back to thinking that the dark elves at Greenwich University are climbing out of a space ship that plowed into the green, taking out a pillar as it landed. We saw that the big pile of rocks on the set had a staircase on the back, and people playing dark elves filed up the staircase and then over the top of the pile of rocks. The two pillars were covered in blue fabric, which should allow for them to remove the pillars post-production. Most of the trench the ship would have dug up will be put in by CGI. Now that I think about it, waffles posted pictures of a fence on campus covered up by blue cloth. Perhaps the ship takes out that fence, too.
Yes ,it does look like the elves on a spaceship taking out the pillars and making that hole is very likely to be correct. I think however there is a possibility there may be different Earth fight scenes with the Elves being filmed, depending on how they crop things, we could have actually seen two different confrontations being filmed. perhaps one with just Malekith and a few elves trying to get Jane and/or Erik and another where the spaceship comes and crashes and big fight with elves there. The could dress places slightly differently to make them look like different places, or they could be arriving at the same place for some reason.

On the fence being covered by blue, I recall the top of the fence wasn't covered which I thought was odd, and seems to me that may mean that the background was being changed some, or cgi added to it, but not necessarily taking out the fence completely.

Quote:
I suppose it's more likely the dark elves are landing their ship on Midgard, rather than on Svartalfheim. But Andrew Lawden had said that some of the gothic buildings in London are standing in for those on Svartalfheim. So I suppose it is possible they are returning home, and they had trouble landing the ship (for whatever reason).
One odd thing is we have that ship crash and then the stuntman who twittered about running away from a palace that was being run into by a ship a month or so prior (assuming this was indoor set work). And so that seems slightly odd for that to happen twice in one film, especially a film where I dont think there are apt to be A LOT of spacecraft and air battles. SO I am sort of wondering if the spacecraft at Greenwich is "crashing into" something there that is to represent a palace somewhere, rather than Greenwich U, (in that particular scene) whereas other fights are definitely on Earth, but it seems like those scenes just involve Thor fighting Malekith (I dont recall Thor fighting the dark elves as a large group directly in front of cars, buses people, etc... but then there are A LOT of pictures from that and I may have missed something. Again depending on how they crop things they could have filmed several different places.

Quote:
The distances between planets are quite vast, though. Spaceships that we humans have considered would take generations to get from one system to another. So I wonder how a dark elf space ship could get over to Midgard in a reasonable amount of time. It would need to have something equivalent to a warp engine, or be able to open a portal. But if they can open portals with their ships, that would undermine the idea that I had for why they are bothering to mess with Midgard generally and Jane & Co. specifically--for their portal knowledge

Good question. I dunno.

Quote:
The other thing I wonder about is how Thor got to Midgard for the scenes we saw he has with Jane. Does Odin use dark energy again to conjure him? It would seem that these scenes would have to take place before Elizah's idea of the need to get Loki's help to go raise an army. Otherwise, you would have Thor striking a bargain with Loki, then taking a side trip to meet up with Jane & Co., then going for the army. That seems less plausible--why the side trip? So it seems that Thor must travel through space to Midgard using a mechanism other than what Loki provides. But what mechanism?
Has he ever just used Mjolnir to travel to Earth or another realm? if Loki can fall through space and a wormhole and wind up okay, I'm not sure why Thor couldn't use Mjolnir to propel himself.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-29-2012 at 01:11 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #277
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Has the spaceship thing really been confirmed, as I thought this was still more of a rumor (albeit one from someone that appeared to be on location). Because personally Dark Elves and Spacecrafts just seem like an out of place and odd combination to me, but of course if it is true I will reserve judgement for the film itself, while trying to keep in mind that the early Thor comics do seem to have more of technological atmosphere then that of his mythological counterpart.

Surfer
I don't think it has been confirmed. Certainly I was flattered to read that blog post to which marvel_freshman linked (http://expederest.tumblr.com/post/36...-i-heard-a-few) in which the person posted a photo from the scene and described the same thing I had been saying. While the poster says he overheard it, it's possible that someone read our discussion here on the Hype and then repeated it while walking around at Greenwich University, and that that's what the blogger overheard. That would make it no confirmation at all--just an echo chamber! haha

But setting that aside, we have a pile of rocks with dark elves clamoring over them, one by one. They all come out at the same place. That suggests a door or a small opening. What else would have a small opening at the center of a big pile of rocks besides a ship that has landed? I'm having trouble thinking of something, but I'll gladly entertain an idea someone has for an alternative. That pillar pieces are on the ground around the trench, and that two pillars were wrapped in blue cloth for the whole shoot supports it as well.

So mostly I'm back to thinking that's what it is based on the details we have seen in photos of the location.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #278
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
But setting that aside, we have a pile of rocks with dark elves clamoring over them, one by one. They all come out at the same place. That suggests a door or a small opening. What else would have a small opening at the center of a big pile of rocks besides a ship that has landed? I'm having trouble thinking of something, but I'll gladly entertain an idea someone has for an alternative. That pillar pieces are on the ground around the trench, and that two pillars were wrapped in blue cloth for the whole shoot supports it as well.

So mostly I'm back to thinking that's what it is based on the details we have seen in photos of the location.
Yes the pillars being damaged seem to point to something big going through there and damaging them, like a spacecraft, and then they come out of that hole. Now if not for the pillars being damaged and spaceship rumor I might speculate they could have come out through a hole in the ground, like if some were living underground, or a portal was opened for them in the ground, but with the spaceship rumor, and large pillars nearby with all that damage I'd lean towards that.

Quote:
Has the spaceship thing really been confirmed, as I thought this was still more of a rumor (albeit one from someone that appeared to be on location). Because personally Dark Elves and Spacecrafts just seem like an out of place and odd combination to me, but of course if it is true I will reserve judgement for the film itself, while trying to keep in mind that the early Thor comics do seem to have more of technological atmosphere then that of his mythological counterpart.

Surfer
certainly I'd expect the films to be a combination of both!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #279
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Yes the pillars being damaged seem to point to something big going through there and damaging them, like a spacecraft, and then they come out of that hole. Now if not for the pillars being damaged and spaceship rumor I might speculate they could have come out through a hole in the ground, like if some were living underground, or a portal was opened for them in the ground, but with the spaceship rumor, and large pillars nearby with all that damage I'd lean towards that.
That's a good idea. The devil's advocate in me would note that the pile of rocks seems especially large for them to have tunnelled up from underground, or blasted their way to the surface. Maybe it makes sense for a blast. But as you say, there is also the pillar debris.

Quote:
Yes ,it does look like the elves on a spaceship taking out the pillars and making that hole is very likely to be correct. I think however there is a possibility there may be different Earth fight scenes with the Elves being filmed, depending on how they crop things, we could have actually seen two different confrontations being filmed. perhaps one with just Malekith and a few elves trying to get Jane and/or Erik and another where the spaceship comes and crashes and big fight with elves there. The could dress places slightly differently to make them look like different places, or they could be arriving at the same place for some reason.
. . .
One odd thing is we have that ship crash and then the stuntman who twittered about running away from a palace that was being run into by a ship a month or so prior (assuming this was indoor set work). And so that seems slightly odd for that to happen twice in one film, especially a film where I dont think there are apt to be A LOT of spacecraft and air battles. SO I am sort of wondering the the spacecraft at greenwich is "crashing into" something there that is to represent a palace somewhere, rather than Greenwich U, (in that particular scene) whereas other fights are definitely on Earth, but it seems like those scenes just involve Thor fighting Malekith (I dont recall Thor fighting the dark elves as a large group directly in front of cars, buses people, etc... but then there are A LOT of pictures from that and I may have missed something. Again depending on how they crop things they could have filmed several different places.
Okay, so you're supposing perhaps the buildings at Greenwich University are serving as stand-ins for a palace on some other realm? I like it!

I do indeed like it, so that's why I feel badly about *immediately* raining on the parade. This clip is the latest footage that marvel_freshman has posted, showing part of the Thor/Malekith fight. The pile of rocks is clearly visible in the footage, and likely will be visible in the film: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavinda...in/photostream

I agree with you that it's a bit odd for their to be two spaceship crashes in a fictional setting not noted for a lot of spaceships. Two ideas on that: 1) the earlier stuntman rumor (which came out in September; I linked to marvel_freshman's post in the second post, page 1, of this thread) was done on a soundstage and will be woven in with this Greenwich University footage. In other words, maybe both shoots depict the same crash. 2) Since spaceships seem to be part of the dark elves' MO in this film, maybe the dark elves really do have two strikes that they make over the course of the film.

Quote:
On the fence being covered by blue, I recall the top of the fence wasn't covered which I thought was odd, and seems to me that may mean that the background was being changed some, or cgi added to it, but not necessarily taking out the fence completely.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Quote:
Has he ever just used Mjolnir to travel to Earth or another realm? if Loki can fall through space and a wormhole and wind up okay, I'm not sure why Thor couldn't use Mjolnir to propel himself.
He has in the books (ie, he can open a portal by spinning Mjolnir). Our fellow members have complained that he has not yet used this power in the movies and hope he will in this one. Maybe he figures that out here and uses it to finally get to Midgard.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #280
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
I don't think it has been confirmed. Certainly I was flattered to read that blog post to which marvel_freshman linked (http://expederest.tumblr.com/post/36...-i-heard-a-few) in which the person posted a photo from the scene and described the same thing I had been saying. While the poster says he overheard it, it's possible that someone read our discussion here on the Hype and then repeated it while walking around at Greenwich University, and that that's what the blogger overheard. That would make it no confirmation at all--just an echo chamber! haha

Yeah, I agree it is curious (the pile of rocks and where the Dark Elves appear to be coming from in the center), and I would not suggest I know or have a better understanding of what might be happening there. However, I still think the idea of a Spaceship with Dark Elves seems like an odd combo, and that perhaps there might be another yet to be discovered explanation. However, at this point (without further information) your explanation is really as good as any (so I commend you for at least coming up with a theory to explain things), and I guess we will wait and see what happens.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #281
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I agree it is curious (the pile of rocks and where the Dark Elves appear to be coming from in the center), and I would not suggest I know or have a better understanding of what might be happening there. However, I still think the idea of a Spaceship with Dark Elves seems like an odd combo, and that perhaps there might be another yet to be discovered explanation. However, at this point (without further information) your explanation is really as good as any (so I commend you for at least coming up with a theory to explain things), and I guess we will wait and see what happens.

Surfer
Thanks!

Well, by talking about these ideas, and poking at the weak bits, we may yet figure out another, better explanation.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #282
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's a good idea. The devil's advocate in me would note that the pile of rocks seems especially large for them to have tunnelled up from underground, or blasted their way to the surface. Maybe it makes sense for a blast. But as you say, there is also the pillar debris.

Okay, so you're supposing perhaps the buildings at Greenwich University are serving as stand-ins for a palace on some other realm? I like it!

I do indeed like it, so that's why I feel badly about *immediately* raining on the parade. This clip is the latest footage that marvel_freshman has posted, showing part of the Thor/Malekith fight. The pile of rocks is clearly visible in the footage, and likely will be visible in the film: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavinda...in/photostream
okay I see some pieces of columns that should be visible in that scene but I believe the cameras to be pointing in the opposite direction than that pile of rocks. There is crew there that would be caught by the camera otherwise. ALso I'm not even sure if that pile of rocks is the same pile of rocks, that could be the same columns though.

My thought was that the interior stuff that was shot a month or so before could be combined with the exterior stuff shot more recently but it's unclear.

Quote:
I agree with you that it's a bit odd for their to be two spaceship crashes in a fictional setting not noted for a lot of spaceships. Two ideas on that: 1) the earlier stuntman rumor (which came out in September; I linked to marvel_freshman's post in the second post, page 1, of this thread) was done on a soundstage and will be woven in with this Greenwich University footage. In other words, maybe both shoots depict the same crash. 2) Since spaceships seem to be part of the dark elves' MO in this film, maybe the dark elves really do have two strikes that they make over the course of the film.
Either or both, yes. Both are something I'm definitely considering. I think it's entirely possible some of these outdoor scenes aren't necessarily all on Earth either. One thing that has been bothering me for instance is the lack of other Dark Elves in these Malekith-Thor fighting footage (the stuff that is obviously on Earth) which makes me wonder if the rest of them have even landed in that particular fight.

Quote:
He has in the books (ie, he can open a portal by spinning Mjolnir). Our fellow members have complained that he has not yet used this power in the movies and hope he will in this one. Maybe he figures that out here and uses it to finally get to Midgard.
Yes, okay good then I think that is certainly possible in MCU, perhaps after he saw that Loki survived his trip he realized he could do it. And that makes it a lot easier to find ways to get him back and forth to Earth, whether it's to join the Avengers, go retrieve his troublesome brother (which is maybe why he needed the Tesseract to get him back), or going to visit Jane. And come to think of it, if Odin didn't send him down there for Avengers, but Thor did it on his own, then Odin may just have a problem with that to be dealt with in Thor 2.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #283
elizah72
Side-Kick

okay so this picture is interesting as it shows where the Malekith THor battle is being filmed, and you can see the blue on the column and the column pieces below where they are fighting, and then there is a blue screen with another pile of rocks behind that. I *think* that pile of rocks is where the Elves are shown to come out of (not sure though) but looking at this for reference then it would seem like the column with blue was likely taken out due to the battle between Thor and Malekith, and not a spacecraft, and other upheaval, if not cropped out, could be part of that battle possibly as well.

http://flic.kr/p/dv8c2b

Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #284
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
okay I see some pieces of columns that should be visible in that scene but I believe the cameras to be pointing in the opposite direction than that pile of rocks. There is crew there that would be caught by the camera otherwise. ALso I'm not even sure if that pile of rocks is the same pile of rocks, that could be the same columns though.
Well, that's a fair cop on that video. But on *this* one, the cameras are in the lower left corner, and the pile of rocks looks like it will be in the shot. (waffles posted this originally, in the main spoilers thread)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...the-dark-world

Quote:
I think it's entirely possible some of these outdoor scenes aren't necessarily all on Earth either. One thing that has been bothering me for instance is the lack of other Dark Elves in these Malekith-Thor fighting footage (the stuff that is obviously on Earth) which makes me wonder if the rest of them have even landed in that particular fight.
Maybe. There is footage of Thor chasing random dark elves around.

And I agree; these scenes could well take place in another realm.

Quote:
Yes, okay good then I think that is certainly possible in MCU, perhaps after he saw that Loki survived his trip he realized he could do it. And that makes it a lot easier to find ways to get him back and forth to Earth, whether it's to join the Avengers, go retrieve his troublesome brother (which is maybe why he needed the Tesseract to get him back), or going to visit Jane. And come to think of it, if Odin didn't send him down there for Avengers, but Thor did it on his own, then Odin may just have a problem with that to be dealt with in Thor 2.
I have been meaning to observe that the Bifrost may never get repaired in this movie series, because it causes one to have to explain why the Asgardians don't help out more often than they do. Similarly, it's also possible Thor does not get teleportation in the MCU.

As for him teleporting on his own in The Avengers, I don't think he's at that point yet. In Thor1, he learns to respect his father's wisdom. In Thor2, he may well have to face the moral sacrifice, as you have asserted, and stick with his own judgement over that of his father. So for him to do that in between the solo films I think would undermine that dramatic narrative.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #285
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
okay so this picture is interesting as it shows where the Malekith THor battle is being filmed, and you can see the blue on the column and the column pieces below where they are fighting, and then there is a blue screen with another pile of rocks behind that. I *think* that pile of rocks is where the Elves are shown to come out of (not sure though) but looking at this for reference then it would seem like the column with blue was likely taken out due to the battle between Thor and Malekith, and not a spacecraft, and other upheaval, if not cropped out, could be part of that battle possibly as well.

http://flic.kr/p/dv8c2b
Yeah, with the pillar debris in front of the pillar, it's almost as if something came from the courtyard space behind the pillars out onto this green, where the piles of rocks are and the fight between Thor and Malekith is.

Maybe there's knockback from a previous blow from the green in the background (behind the blue screen in the photo you posted), through the pillars, into the space where Thor and Malekith are now fighting.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #286
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, that's a fair cop on that video. But on *this* one, the cameras are in the lower left corner, and the pile of rocks looks like it will be in the shot. (waffles posted this originally, in the main spoilers thread)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...the-dark-world
could be, however I notice with that one, that Thor is being thrown up by Malekith right in line with where that column is. So it could be that's how the column gets taken out.

Quote:

Maybe. There is footage of Thor chasing random dark elves around.

And I agree; these scenes could well take place in another realm.
One strange one I remembered is where Thor seems to be fighting something in that other area and then a bunch of elves in robes have him surrounded, and they all kind of walk in with their weapons up slowly, like he may be down, or being taken captive but the angle etc, is so bad on that one it's hard to be sure what's going on. But they were all in robes and appear to be dark elves (white hair on one as the hood comes off). it was early on and I suppose they could have been practicing but then I don't know why they'd hide them in all the same black robes for that. So that's one I've been wondering about as taking place elsewhere possibly. It doesn't make sense otherwise for them to crash land on earth and come out of a spaceship with no robes on and then be in robes for that scene.

(I advise putting this video on mute if you watch it )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqpnQrollBs

Quote:
I have been meaning to observe that the Bifrost may never get repaired in this movie series, because it causes one to have to explain why the Asgardians don't help out more often than they do. Similarly, it's also possible Thor does not get teleportation in the MCU.
I would agree with that as being likely, yes.

Quote:
As for him teleporting on his own in The Avengers, I don't think he's at that point yet. In Thor1, he learns to respect his father's wisdom. In Thor2, he may well have to face the moral sacrifice, as you have asserted, and stick with his own judgement over that of his father. So for him to do that in between the solo films I think would undermine that dramatic narrative.
I would agree with that partially. I think it's still in the realm of Thor being true to himself, and his promise to defend Earth, and also creates friction with Odin to continue in future films. I think they respect each other more but that doesn't necessarily mean they will always agree, otherwise that would get boring fast, and you'd have to wonder why Odin doesn't then make Thor king if he's so happy with all of Thor's decisions.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #287
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, with the pillar debris in front of the pillar, it's almost as if something came from the courtyard space behind the pillars out onto this green, where the piles of rocks are and the fight between Thor and Malekith is.

Maybe there's knockback from a previous blow from the green in the background (behind the blue screen in the photo you posted), through the pillars, into the space where Thor and Malekith are now fighting.
oh, it's so hard to tell! he does look like he's heading right for the column when he gets thrown up in the air like that. I don't know, maybe.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #288
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
could be, however I notice with that one, that Thor is being thrown up by Malekith right in line with where that column is. So it could be that's how the column gets taken out.
I agree that they seem to be pulling the stunt guy up toward the pillars. But the approach is wrong for him to hit the pillars and create all that debris. If Thor hits something, his momentum would push the debris he creates forward with him along the same trajectory that he is traveling.

See this (incredibly crappy) copy of the Thor-Hulk fight from The Avengers for several examples. In each case, whatever Thor or Hulk crashes into makes debris, and the debris flies along with the hero after he crashes through it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So for something to crash into those pillars and make the debris on the outside of the building, the crash-er had to come from the direction of the building itself. Or it had to come from the back green area, the area that is blocked by the blue screen in the one picture you posted.

Quote:
One strange one I remembered is where Thor seems to be fighting something in that other area and then a bunch of elves in robes have him surrounded, and they all kind of walk in with their weapons up slowly, like he may be down, or being taken captive but the angle etc, is so bad on that one it's hard to be sure what's going on. But they were all in robes and appear to be dark elves (white hair on one as the hood comes off). it was early on and I suppose they could have been practicing but then I don't know why they'd hide them in all the same black robes for that. So that's one I've been wondering about as taking place elsewhere possibly. It doesn't make sense otherwise for them to crash land on earth and come out of a spaceship with no robes on and then be in robes for that scene.
I agree.

I have this recollection that in rehearsal, all the elves going up the staircase over the pile of rocks had robes on too.

But why would they be successful in getting The Mighty Thor to stand down?

Quote:
I would agree with that partially. I think it's still in the realm of Thor being true to himself, and his promise to defend Earth, and also creates friction with Odin to continue in future films. I think they respect each other more but that doesn't necessarily mean they will always agree, otherwise that would get boring fast, and you'd have to wonder why Odin doesn't then make Thor king if he's so happy with all of Thor's decisions.
I think for The Avengers, Odin and Thor agreed that Thor should go down to earth and round up his brother. And I tend to think that if Thor acquires the ability to teleport, it will be shown during the film (rather than referenced in a later conversation: "Oh by the way, it turns out I can teleport.") It's too exciting not to show it. So I don't think he has teleport during The Avengers.

(Moreover, if he has teleport, he could just go visit Jane just as soon as Loki is safely tucked into his cell. Since it doesn't sound like he does that, and since they are at least allowing people to believe that he still has sincere feelings for her, this strikes me as another reason why it seems like he would not have teleport prior to Thor2).

Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #289
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree that they seem to be pulling the stunt guy up toward the pillars. But the approach is wrong for him to hit the pillars and create all that debris. If Thor hits something, his momentum would push the debris he creates forward with him along the same trajectory that he is traveling.
okay I might have solved it, there is another video that came out more recently where Jane and Selvig are hurrying through the building, then some Dark Elves come up the stairs, they stop them but then are distracted by something and run down the hallway after that, then a few seconds later Malekith appears and heads towards Jane and Selvig, and then Thor rushes in from behind Jane and pushes Malekith back into the building where we can't see them. The pillar being broken from the inside and that scene of them fighting with the cars there could be an extension of that. So in other words, they tussle inside the building for a bit, one or the other or both go flying out and take out part of the column and they start fighting outside. How's that?

Quote:
I have this recollection that in rehearsal, all the elves going up the staircase over the pile of rocks had robes on too.
that video I showed was taken really early on, I suppose it could have just been covering them up to keep them warm during rehearsal or something. I don't know.

Quote:
But why would they be successful in getting The Mighty Thor to stand down?
Robes, or not, you do agree it looks like he's either standing down or knocked out or something, due to the way they are approaching him, they aren't charging like they are attacking him. I don't know why. THis is also when he was photographed a lot doing shadow boxing type stuff and fighting elves, I think some of us were wondering if he was fighting Kurse at that point, but then Malekith showed up and they did a lot of fighting. So... again, the footage and the pictures I've found to be very confusing. I was able to gleam A LOT more from the Bourne woods video and pictures than I have been from this stuff.

Quote:

(Moreover, if he has teleport, he could just go visit Jane just as soon as Loki is safely tucked into his cell. Since it doesn't sound like he does that, and since they are at least allowing people to believe that he still has sincere feelings for her, this strikes me as another reason why it seems like he would not have teleport prior to Thor2).
you're probably right.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #290
elizah72
Side-Kick

Here is that video with Jane and Selvig btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxHDzyLqjE

which is filmed in this area...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4707183...n/photostream/

it's a little confusing with the different camera positions for filming but it appear to fit perfectly together with both this scene and the Malekith - Thor - column battle happening in King Williams court and building. (takes some looking around at maps but it seems to work out)

Last edited by elizah72; 11-29-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #291
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
okay I might have solved it, there is another video that came out more recently where Jane and Selvig are hurrying through the building, then some Dark Elves come up the stairs, they stop them but then are distracted by something and run down the hallway after that, then a few seconds later Malekith appears and heads towards Jane and Selvig, and then Thor rushes in from behind Jane and pushes Malekith back into the building where we can't see them. The pillar being broken from the inside and that scene of them fighting with the cars there could be an extension of that. So in other words, they tussle inside the building for a bit, one or the other or both go flying out and take out part of the column and they start fighting outside. How's that?
I think quite likely you are right!

So, to get definite here, check out this Google satellite view: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=greenw...ngdom&t=h&z=18

Right where the little white box is that is labeled "Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul" is exactly where the pillars are busted out. Put the little streetview guy there and you'll see.

The building to the west is where they shot the scene you are describing. The one with the courtyard where the building is labeled "King William Court", on the east side of the courtyard is the staircase where the elves ran up.

Of course, these are two different buildings, but they could put them together to have Thor push Malekith back and then decide to really whallop him, through the pillars .

Of course, that might mean that they are not fighting on Earth, hmmm. Then again, looking at the aerial shot, you could have Thor push Malekith southward, then they are out in that courtyard between the two buildings, and then there's some knockback northward along the courtyard toward the Thames, hitting the pillars. And then we are at that "Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul" spot.

(and incidentally, the courtyard in between the two buildings appears to be where they shot that scene with the robed elves).

Quote:
Robes, or not, you do agree it looks like he's either standing down or knocked out or something, due to the way they are approaching him, they aren't charging like they are attacking him.
Absolutely! I'm just puzzled as to why Our Hero would stand down before a bunch of random elves.

Quote:
THis is also when he was photographed a lot doing shadow boxing type stuff and fighting elves, I think some of us were wondering if he was fighting Kurse at that point, but then Malekith showed up and they did a lot of fighting.
Yeah, maybe Kurse is in there somewhere too.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #292
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think quite likely you are right!

So, to get definite here, check out this Google satellite view: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=greenw...ngdom&t=h&z=18

Right where the little white box is that is labeled "Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul" is exactly where the pillars are busted out. Put the little streetview guy there and you'll see.
I guess I'm still a bit mixed up as that is a different building than the one they filmed the Jane Selvig thing in, but I guess it still works/probably doesn't matter. Thor and Malekith could still fight in the center area which I believe they do too, and then one of them takes out the column on their way to the area with the cars that they fight in. or maybe it'll look like the same building in post production. very confusing!

Quote:
Of course, these are two different buildings, but they could put them together to have Thor push Malekith back and then decide to really whallop him, through the pillars .
yes I think that seems likely. However that would indicate that a spaceship crash landing probably didn't. LOL

Quote:
Of course, that might mean that they are not fighting on Earth, hmmm.
Oh I think if those scenes are linked together like this then they definitely are.

Quote:
Then again, looking at the aerial shot, you could have Thor push Malekith southward, then they are out in that courtyard between the two buildings, and then there's some knockback northward along the courtyard toward the Thames, hitting the pillars. And then we are at that "Chapel of St. Peter and St. Paul" spot.
yes

Quote:
(and incidentally, the courtyard in between the two buildings appears to be where they shot that scene with the robed elves).
yes but again, it's impossible to tell how they are framing the scene and if there is any bluescreen around etc. so *shrugs*

Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #293
American Maid
Side-Kick

Well, at least we figured out something!! lol

Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #294
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, at least we figured out something!! lol
Yeah! Good job us! LOL *pats self on back*

Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #295
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Guys I'm still wondering about a little tree branch that was sitting on the ground during the Thor/Malekith scene that they filmed. I think it could mean something .... maybe that Groot might make a cameo.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #296
elizah72
Side-Kick

Okay so I just found this of interest...

http://www.marveldirectory.com/other...ons/asgard.htm

Quote:
Midgard, our Earth, does not appear to be physically affected by the motions of any of the other physical bodies in the Asgardian cosmology, although Earth's axis (the imaginary pole around which it rotates) is in alignment with one of the roots of Yggdrasil, the cosmic ash tree that stands in Asgard.
Quote:
There are numerous nexus-portals between the mountains of Jotunheim and Svartaflheim and the mountains of Asgard permitting easy passage by denizens of each realm. These passageways make Jotunheim and Svartalfheim seem like "underworlds" of the Asgardian continent itself.
Quote:
Asgard is honeycombed with nexus-portals to the various extradimensional realms or the Nine Worlds,
Quote:
It is possible that somewhere in Asgard's outlaying Sea of Space there are floating nexus-portals to Earth's space. Beings of the Earthly dimension have in certain instances been able to travel from Earthly to Asgardian space. There may indeed be an edge to Asgard's Sea of Space, perhaps at the perimeter of the "Dome of the Sky" extending from the outer edge of ringed Jotunhelm. At the edge of the Sea there would exist "dimensional borderlands" which serves as transitional areas between discrete dimensions
So, considering the Prime Meridian line is involved and it appears that the dirt pile goes straight down that line. I think it could be that that line/place itself serves as a passageway to Svartalfheim (possibly only to Svartalfheim). Therefore there may be a ship passing through that via a portal or it may simply be a portal being opened by Jane/Erik or by Malekith and the dark elves emerge from that portal. In the process of that opening up it digs up the ground and causes a certain amount of destruction just as opening the Tesseract did in Avengers but on a lesser scale. I still think Jane & Erik could very definitely be messing around with portals, possibly in that specific place if they figure out that it might be a sensitive area for that somehow, and then the Elves get through by mistake. Loki refers in Thor to being ways other than the bifrost to get to the other realms on Asgard, and there seem to be places other than the bifrost to do that as referred to in this and other comics references online, so no reason why there couldn't be the same situation on Earth. Maybe Stonehendge is a passageway to another realm as well, for instance, maybe there are other sensitive places like this on Earth to other realms. So in this way the line has nothing to do with time travel, btw, just linked to Yggdrasil in such a way to get to the other realms. So with that in mind, this is the reason why Erik and Jane are here specifically and this is the reason why the Dark Elves show up in this place specifically.

Last edited by elizah72; 11-29-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #297
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Let's talk about space travel.

I'm back to thinking that the dark elves at Greenwich University are climbing out of a space ship that plowed into the green, taking out a pillar as it landed. We saw that the big pile of rocks on the set had a staircase on the back, and people playing dark elves filed up the staircase and then over the top of the pile of rocks. The two pillars were covered in blue fabric, which should allow for them to remove the pillars post-production. Most of the trench the ship would have dug up will be put in by CGI. Now that I think about it, waffles posted pictures of a fence on campus covered up by blue cloth. Perhaps the ship takes out that fence, too.

I suppose it's more likely the dark elves are landing their ship on Midgard, rather than on Svartalfheim. But Andrew Lawden had said that some of the gothic buildings in London are standing in for those on Svartalfheim. So I suppose it is possible they are returning home, and they had trouble landing the ship (for whatever reason).

The distances between planets are quite vast, though. Spaceships that we humans have considered would take generations to get from one system to another. So I wonder how a dark elf space ship could get over to Midgard in a reasonable amount of time. It would need to have something equivalent to a warp engine, or be able to open a portal. But if they can open portals with their ships, that would undermine the idea that I had for why they are bothering to mess with Midgard generally and Jane & Co. specifically--for their portal knowledge.

The other thing I wonder about is how Thor got to Midgard for the scenes we saw he has with Jane. Does Odin use dark energy again to conjure him? It would seem that these scenes would have to take place before Elizah's idea of the need to get Loki's help to go raise an army. Otherwise, you would have Thor striking a bargain with Loki, then taking a side trip to meet up with Jane & Co., then going for the army. That seems less plausible--why the side trip? So it seems that Thor must travel through space to Midgard using a mechanism other than what Loki provides. But what mechanism?
I just want to adress this post, but maybe Thor learned the how to open portals with his hammer? I would like to see that. Would certainly add more to him than just some weather control

Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #298
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I just want to adress this post, but maybe Thor learned the how to open portals with his hammer? I would like to see that. Would certainly add more to him than just some weather control
At the moment we're thinking he may very well know how to do that by/during the course of Thor 2. That seems likely and would make sense about how he gets back and forth from Earth to help Jane or the Avengers or whatever without depending on someone or something else to do it for him. Makes a lot of sense for them to give him that ability now.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #299
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
So, considering the Prime Meridian line is involved and it appears that the dirt pile goes straight down that line. I think it could be that that line/place itself serves as a passageway to Svartalfheim (possibly only to Svartalfheim). Therefore there may be a ship passing through that via a portal or it may simply be a portal being opened by Jane/Erik or by Malekith and the dark elves emerge from that portal. In the process of that opening up it digs up the ground and causes a certain amount of destruction just as opening the Tesseract did in Avengers but on a lesser scale. I still think Jane & Erik could very definitely be messing around with portals, possibly in that specific place if they figure out that it might be a sensitive area for that somehow, and then the Elves get through by mistake. Loki refers in Thor to being ways other than the bifrost to get to the other realms on Asgard, and there seem to be places other than the bifrost to do that as referred to in this and other comics references online, so no reason why there couldn't be the same situation on Earth. Maybe Stonehendge is a passageway to another realm as well, for instance, maybe there are other sensitive places like this on Earth to other realms. So in this way the line has nothing to do with time travel, btw, just linked to Yggdrasil in such a way to get to the other realms. So with that in mind, this is the reason why Erik and Jane are here specifically and this is the reason why the Dark Elves show up in this place specifically.
I think it's quite possible that the churn is due to a portal opening up.

I was all set to abandon the spacecraft theory. I went to look up pictures from the set, and at the moment, I could make the case either way (spacecraft or portal). Here is part of the collection I found:

First, pictures from waffles. You can see the gap between the blue-wrapped pillar and the building itself. Also, you can see the staircase that the elves climbed on. It's on the main courtyard between the two buildings, not where the Thor-Malekith fight takes place. There's a second pile of rocks in that courtyard.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=171

It's a little odd that we have two ridges of debris perpendicular to one another.

Interesting comment that marvel_freshman reported:

Quote:
Security from the set telling folks the shoot is for "Dark Elf Kingdom" scenes. The rocks and rubble are apart of their kingdom. Also, "Interior shots in the chapel all day!" Not sure if we'll see any of the other actors
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=747

Very interesting if true. Of course, they may be mistaken. But so can we! lol

Old 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #300
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Surfer
I know. I am still leaning towards the spaceships MAY have something to do with thanos. Dark Elves + Space ships leaves me scratching my head big time

Quote:
Yeah, it didn't seem like he had much filming if any. Perhaps he was just there for moral support.

Surfer
what I was thinking

Quote:

See this (incredibly crappy) copy of the Thor-Hulk fight from The Avengers for several examples. In each case, whatever Thor or Hulk crashes into makes debris, and the debris flies along with the hero after he crashes through it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So for something to crash into those pillars and make the debris on the outside of the building, the crash-er had to come from the direction of the building itself. Or it had to come from the back green area, the area that is blocked by the blue screen in the one picture you posted.

For the blue screens, I remember reading somewhere that they were used to show damaged pillars and stuff from a space ships crash landing, so yeah.

As for that video..crappy huh? Well that was uploaded by yours truely, it was before the movie was out, so i found a crappy copy online, then used my ipod to video tape it lol