The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #401
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

So many interesting comments, and so little time . . . (but I *am* enjoying them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
To some extent yes. I don't think you ever give up like that on a family member that you love, not completely. I'd say if I were writing it you'd have Thor be in a tough situation where he needs Loki's help, but doesn't trust him, but there is no choice. And in the course of them having to work together, they hash out things, "get down to the major bones of their confict" to quote Chris H. and Loki hopefully is able to make some amends with him. Then of course that's when the old big brotherly feelings will start to return again, because he's Thor and he is the "biggest sweetest idiot in the whole 9 realms". Will it last? It's up to Marvel and the writers.
Family members do often try time and again to help their loved one. This is especially true of parents (to obliquely respond to an earlier comment.) You hear about parents going to their kids' trials, taking their day off and traveling 300 miles to visit their baby in prison. Not that they deny what their child has done, but they feel that person needs someone, and maybe, just maybe, he or she can turn his or her life around after the debt to society has been paid.

Quote:
I agree, that's why I'd lean towards other realms or possibly a personal connection or two that Loki has that might help Thor rebuild the army.
I also think this has merit.

Working with Loki, whom Thor (in the early part of the film) believes has not turned himself around, cancelling his sentence, letting him walk more or less free, could be one of Thor's moral sacrifices.

Quote:
but I don't think that possibly having that be the full redemption moment with Surtur means that they can't make some amends and work together for a film or more.
And in an earlier post, Elizah said:

Quote:
But we all know Loki is not apt to apologize or bake him muffins, at least not in the state of mind he was in during Avengers, and it sounds like in the beginning of Thor 2 at least...
As much as I would be excited to see that For Asgard/For Midgard/For Myself iconic moment, I think that alone would not redeem Loki. He needs to take responsibility for what he has done. An apology is one way to show it, though the scope of his crimes would make that prohibitive.

Quote:
And not only that, leading into Avengers 2, how about the angst that would be generated for Thor, if by the end of Thor 2 he and brother have made at least some amends, and he thinks he has his brother back, and then Thanos swoops in and grabs him to torture him, or forces him to do something bad again on pain of torture? Lots of great drama created by this, part of which also would be dealing with the rest of the Avengers angry feelings towards Loki and not caring what happens to him.
Well, I think Thor would be conflicted in this film with how Midgard would feel about having trusted Asgard to properly punish him only to find out he walked free (see my comment about moral sacrifice above).

Quote:
Otherwise, Loki gets captured by Thanos and nobody gives a crap but the fangirls.
Who, I'll point out, could bring on the fangirl apocolypse!

Quote:
well I earlier found evidence that there was an entity that is linked to the beyonder called Kosmic that was once a cosmic cube that then attached to a human, then unattached and became a female entity. So that potential is there. Could also be the Krige character, as has been previously speculated (which was first speculated by American Maid in the Krige thread, I believe). Erik does refer to it as a "she" at some point.
Okay, this was the bit that I originally meant to respond to (but couldn't resist all these other details!!) I don't think I cast Krige specifically as Kosmic. But I did propose she might play the sentience in the cube (a bit of a role reprisal??)

I also think I've cast her in at least three different roles lol!

Regarding Jon's comment that people sometimes refer to inanimate objects, especially vehicles, via gendered pronouns: This is certainly true, but Erik didn't seem like the kind of person who would do that in Thor1. He was kind of tut-tut'ing Jane for such (for lack of a better word) romanticism.

Quote:
On Malekith possessing her, on my start of a summary I sent AM in PM a little while ago, I guessed that he could do something similar to what Loki did to Erik at the end of Thor 1 ... sort of shadowing him to keep an eye on developments but not really possessing him, so that is certainly possible and a way for Malekith to keep an eye out for his best moments of opportunity (but using Jane instead).
True, although if the malevolent spirit is more overt, it could lead to another moral sacrifice on Thor's part: do you negotiate with hostage-takers? If he takes the malevolent spirit where it wants to go, will there be consequences down the road?

I have wondered if the malevolent spirit wants to get Malekith for its own reasons, and decides the enemy of my enemy (namely, Thor) is my friend, at least for a portion of the movie.

Quote:
I also wondered if he could have used his power to direct her to go to Greenwich and the meridian line in the first place, if that particular location is needed for his plans, and Jane's work with portals is also a part of that. It all fits in pretty well I think.
Also possible.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #402
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Okay well think about this then, if Odin is going to be tied up with this thing, doing battle with it through most of the film in order to have him out of the way for Thor to possibly be king and do stuff, then visually, there needs to be more to it than just saying that's what happening. Even just showing Odin catatonic in front of the cube isn't enough and not much better than having him in Odinsleep. If however you get some flashes of him doing battle with an entity inside the cube, inside his mind or whatever, then that becomes much more visually interesting. And certainly it is a way to convey Odin and the Tesseract's immense power. It wouldn't take much to do this effectively either.
I know. but like, I don't know. I'm not so much against it not working. It just doesn't seem like something they would DO. In my eyes. Like plot wise, and such, it all works. It wouldn't take much to do. Like you said, but to me, it just doesn't seem like something they would DO in the mcu, hopefully I'm wrong. It just seems like, idk haha. I really don't know.

Or imagine if lady death is in the tesseract? Or something like that?

bah. I don't know what to think.

well, no, I don't know lol I'm gunna try to just wait till we get more, to draw conclusions out of the tesseract. There really isn't enough to say what it is for sure

Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #403
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol this movie is going to end up being a lot more straight forward than we think lol

Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #404
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol this movie is going to end up being a lot more straight forward than we think lol
Probably! hahahahah

Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #405
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Family members do often try time and again to help their loved one. This is especially true of parents (to obliquely respond to an earlier comment.) You hear about parents going to their kids' trials, taking their day off and traveling 300 miles to visit their baby in prison. Not that they deny what their child has done, but they feel that person needs someone, and maybe, just maybe, he or she can turn his or her life around after the debt to society has been paid.
yes, and I believe that is exactly the sort of thing we may see, at the very least from Frigga, probably to some extent from Odin as well.

Quote:
I also think this has merit.

Working with Loki, whom Thor (in the early part of the film) believes has not turned himself around, cancelling his sentence, letting him walk more or less free, could be one of Thor's moral sacrifices.
or more likely it starts out as a temporary reprieve, free but under Thor's custody, is not exactly cancelling his sentence. If Thor still believes him to be a serious threat to society, then it would be irresponsible of him to let him go free under any circumstances, so again, something needs to change from Avengers, and there needs to be reasons why.

Quote:
And in an earlier post, Elizah said:

As much as I would be excited to see that For Asgard/For Midgard/For Myself iconic moment, I think that alone would not redeem Loki. He needs to take responsibility for what he has done. An apology is one way to show it, though the scope of his crimes would make that prohibitive.
A great deal counts on what is done with the writing and the acting with this, there have been characters that have done terrible things, that then are haunted by that, once they realize what they'd done. I believe much of his speech to BW in Avengers about "you try to have your own code but the horrors will always be part of you" (or close to that, don't have exact quote at the moment) and that whole how dare you think you can just wipe away all the red on your ledger! attitude he has towards her there. He's really talking about himself there. Deep down this stuff is troubling him, the Coulson line "you lack conviction" is also a bit telling when it comes to that. and that is the place where redemption really comes from, not just from doing one single act, or simply apologizing, it's what the character or person feels inside, and feeling like one may never be able to redeem yourself or make up for something terrible you've done. If they can really show that, I believe they'll have come a long way towards redeeming him.

Quote:
Well, I think Thor would be conflicted in this film with how Midgard would feel about having trusted Asgard to properly punish him only to find out he walked free (see my comment about moral sacrifice above).
Possibly. It occurred to me by the way, that out of the Avengers, Steve is probably the only one who might actually have some sympathy for the Thor - Loki situation I suggested might happen. Because post Winter Soldier he should know how it feels to have a "brother" who has gone bad, that you desperately want to save from that evil. So that'd be interesting to see as well.

Quote:
Who, I'll point out, could bring on the fangirl apocolypse!
Fangirl Ragnarok! LOOOOOKKKIIIIII!!! You've done it again!!!!

Quote:
Okay, this was the bit that I originally meant to respond to (but couldn't resist all these other details!!) I don't think I cast Krige specifically as Kosmic. But I did propose she might play the sentience in the cube (a bit of a role reprisal??)

I also think I've cast her in at least three different roles lol!
well no I don't think she'll be that exact character but maybe a version of it. And yes we've cast her 4 or 5 times I think. LOL She'll be busy that way! that's for sure!

Quote:
Regarding Jon's comment that people sometimes refer to inanimate objects, especially vehicles, via gendered pronouns: This is certainly true, but Erik didn't seem like the kind of person who would do that in Thor1. He was kind of tut-tut'ing Jane for such (for lack of a better word) romanticism.
Hm. Good point.

Quote:
Or imagine if lady death is in the tesseract? Or something like that?
it seems like she would be too powerful to trap like that, but maybe. I don't know. I still think that might have been Thanos talking to Lady Death at the beginning of Avengers 1, trying to woo her with all that he plans to give to her. The voice is too different from the Other. There is no script out though that I've found so, no notes on that anywhere I know of.

Quote:
well, no, I don't know lol I'm gunna try to just wait till we get more, to draw conclusions out of the tesseract. There really isn't enough to say what it is for sure
well there is also questions if the Tesseract has sort of run it's course, and shouldn't be continued to be used, and certainly nothing confirming it's use in Thor 2, it's just one possible plot element that would fit in with other plot elements well. So that's why I was exploring the idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Probably! hahahahah
Well, as I quoted earlier they were purposely looking for directors that had experience with ensemble casts and multiple narrative threads for Thor 2. Also I know Tom said recently he the plot was very um... tremendous (? can't recall the adjective he used exactly, but sounds good lol) So no, I don't think it'll be that simple a plot just involving Thor vs Malekith and Kurse with a little Jane on the side. We're going to go to different worlds, and learn more about the Asgardians, and working on familial relationships with some complicated characters. It's going to be an interesting emotional twisty turny thrill ride (I hope).

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #406
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
yes, and I believe that is exactly the sort of thing we may see, at the very least from Frigga, probably to some extent from Odin as well.

or more likely it starts out as a temporary reprieve, free but under Thor's custody, is not exactly cancelling his sentence. If Thor still believes him to be a serious threat to society, then it would be irresponsible of him to let him go free under any circumstances, so again, something needs to change from Avengers, and there needs to be reasons why.

A great deal counts on what is done with the writing and the acting with this, there have been characters that have done terrible things, that then are haunted by that, once they realize what they'd done. I believe much of his speech to BW in Avengers about "you try to have your own code but the horrors will always be part of you" (or close to that, don't have exact quote at the moment) and that whole how dare you think you can just wipe away all the red on your ledger! attitude he has towards her there. He's really talking about himself there. Deep down this stuff is troubling him, the Coulson line "you lack conviction" is also a bit telling when it comes to that. and that is the place where redemption really comes from, not just from doing one single act, or simply apologizing, it's what the character or person feels inside, and feeling like one may never be able to redeem yourself or make up for something terrible you've done. If they can really show that, I believe they'll have come a long way towards redeeming him.

Possibly. It occurred to me by the way, that out of the Avengers, Steve is probably the only one who might actually have some sympathy for the Thor - Loki situation I suggested might happen. Because post Winter Soldier he should know how it feels to have a "brother" who has gone bad, that you desperately want to save from that evil. So that'd be interesting to see as well.

Fangirl Ragnarok! LOOOOOKKKIIIIII!!! You've done it again!!!!

well no I don't think she'll be that exact character but maybe a version of it. And yes we've cast her 4 or 5 times I think. LOL She'll be busy that way! that's for sure!

Hm. Good point.

it seems like she would be too powerful to trap like that, but maybe. I don't know. I still think that might have been Thanos talking to Lady Death at the beginning of Avengers 1, trying to woo her with all that he plans to give to her. The voice is too different from the Other. There is no script out though that I've found so, no notes on that anywhere I know of.

well there is also questions if the Tesseract has sort of run it's course, and shouldn't be continued to be used, and certainly nothing confirming it's use in Thor 2, it's just one possible plot element that would fit in with other plot elements well. So that's why I was exploring the idea.

Well, as I quoted earlier they were purposely looking for directors that had experience with ensemble casts and multiple narrative threads for Thor 2. Also I know Tom said recently he the plot was very um... tremendous (? can't recall the adjective he used exactly, but sounds good lol) So no, I don't think it'll be that simple a plot just involving Thor vs Malekith and Kurse with a little Jane on the side. We're going to go to different worlds, and learn more about the Asgardians, and working on familial relationships with some complicated characters. It's going to be an interesting emotional twisty turny thrill ride (I hope).

by simply, I mean essentially this lol ^

and I don't know. I just watched the scene now regarding thanos at the beginning, I am pretty sure it is the other talking to thanos.

in fact, it IS him. They show the other kneeing before thanos' throne while that voice is talking. Whether or not lady death shows up, idk. Bit i dont think shes arround yet.

Who knows, maybe she could be a hallucination of thanos? Maybe she will legit be lady death, the grim reaper essentially from 616. Maybe it will be Hela who Thanos loves.

idk. She is too powerful to be contained in a cosmic cube. But anyone short of her I would say could be contained.

like I said, cosmic cube>any skyfather

and Odin has trapped surtur in his own body (surtur is a skyfather)

so if Odin can trap a skyfather, the cube can trap AT MINUMUM, a skyfather. So yeah it could contain anyone. I still dont know if its sentient yet though, i still think not. but we shall see!! in less than a year now, aha! look at that. before we know it, we'll have footage

Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #407
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
by simply, I mean essentially this lol ^

and I don't know. I just watched the scene now regarding thanos at the beginning, I am pretty sure it is the other talking to thanos.

in fact, it IS him. They show the other kneeing before thanos' throne while that voice is talking. Whether or not lady death shows up, idk. Bit i dont think shes arround yet.
except for the fact that they forgot to add The Other's 6th finger on his hands.... So it really can't be THE Other kneeling there, but some other Other... so to speak. But maybe that's who is talking. LOL

Quote:
Who knows, maybe she could be a hallucination of thanos? Maybe she will legit be lady death, the grim reaper essentially from 616. Maybe it will be Hela who Thanos loves.
any of those things, or sometimes in plays characters will talk to themselves as a way of revealing to the audience, so maybe he's doing that, or speaking because he believes she can hear him wherever she is. Mad Titans in love are apt to do whacky things. LOL

Quote:
in less than a year now, aha! look at that. before we know it, we'll have footage
good lord I hope so! driving me crazy, at least give us some still shots or artwork of more than just what Thor looks like, or something!

Last edited by elizah72; 12-13-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #408
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
except for the fact that they forgot to add The Other's 6th finger on his hands.... So it really can't be THE Other kneeling there, but some other Other... so to speak. But maybe that's who is talking. LOL
honestly. I think that may have been a goof. Cause whoever it was was DEFINITALLY kneeling before Thanos. Unless it was a different Other. It may have been a goof..hmmm...

Quote:
any of those things, or sometimes in plays characters will talk to themselves as a way of revealing to the audience, so maybe he's doing that, or speaking because he believes she can hear him wherever she is. Mad Titans in love are apt to do whacky things. LOL
yeah, like destroy half the life in the universe :P

good lord I hope so! driving me crazy, at least give us some still shots or artwork of more than just what Thor looks like, or something!
honestly, anything BESIDES set pictures I'd be content with

Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #409
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
honestly. I think that may have been a goof. Cause whoever it was was DEFINITALLY kneeling before Thanos. Unless it was a different Other. It may have been a goof..hmmm...

honestly, anything BESIDES set pictures I'd be content with
I'd rather think of it as another other or another minion that dresses similarly. The one who hands Loki the scepter there also has 5 fingers but a similar cloak, and not sure that is the same as the first one we see. Also, why would The Other or any other minion say "OUR Chitauri" to Thanos? Wouldn't they say "YOUR Chitauri"? If however Thanos was saying "our" to Mistress Death in a "what's mine in yours, darling" sort of way, then that makes sense.

I know you saw that panel I linked in the Thanos/Loki Thread where he says "I offered you the Universe" to Lady Death, and of course the voice in Avengers says "The world will be his, the universe will be yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn?" So there's that link. I wonder if he's every said like "they will burn" or something, that would be a further connection if he had. Anyway, until a script or something comes out confirming I guess we may never know for sure.

I do think the "is to court death" line and the end and his smile indicates that she is not trapped in the cube though, but is free and he is actively courting her.

After having read some panels by the way, Mistress Death should write an article for Cosmo entitled "How to drive him crazy without saying a word"

Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #410
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'd rather think of it as another other or another minion that dresses similarly. The one who hands Loki the scepter there also has 5 fingers but a similar cloak, and not sure that is the same as the first one we see. Also, why would The Other or any other minion say "OUR Chitauri" to Thanos? Wouldn't they say "YOUR Chitauri"? If however Thanos was saying "our" to Mistress Death in a "what's mine in yours, darling" sort of way, then that makes sense.

I know you saw that panel I linked in the Thanos/Loki Thread where he says "I offered you the Universe" to Lady Death, and of course the voice in Avengers says "The world will be his, the universe will be yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn?" So there's that link. I wonder if he's every said like "they will burn" or something, that would be a further connection if he had. Anyway, until a script or something comes out confirming I guess we may never know for sure.

I do think the "is to court death" line and the end and his smile indicates that she is not trapped in the cube though, but is free and he is actively courting her.

After having read some panels by the way, Mistress Death should write an article for Cosmo entitled "How to drive him crazy without saying a word"
I feel like it's generally accepted that, that was the other talking lol

the thing is though, Thanos hasn't been casted officially yet. Daimon Portor didn't have any lines. To me, it sounded like the exact same guy lol. I have the movie and obsessed with the thanos scene, I must have watched this movie over 200 times (sad, I know), I honestly think it's the same voice lol pretty sure thanos hasn't had any lines yet. the whole hand thing must have been a goof, cause that was definitally the other's voice. I am watching it right now again lol, that's definitally him, not to mention "the other" has been quoted. It's him elizah lol Thanos has NOT had any lines yet in the MCU.

not to mention, thanos should NOT sound like that. At all lol.

Last edited by jaqua99; 12-13-2012 at 09:08 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #411
elizah72
Side-Kick

LOL.. maybe. could be.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #412
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ehhh, I don't think so lol. But we'll agree to disagree.

but Thanos should not sound like that. Big powerful monster aside, he is ridiculously smart, and a genius, and he speaks very sophisticated. and outside of abstracts and such, I don't really think anyone in the MU is more intelligent than he

When I read comics with him in it, I do picture a deep, gravely voice, not too deep, like as deep as hemsworth, just a bit gravely. Except his speech has a somewhat aristocratic tone to it, sophisticated sounding. That's what I've always pictured Thanos sounding like. A cocky, sophisticated brute

Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #413
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
ehhh, I don't think so lol. But we'll agree to disagree.

but Thanos should not sound like that. Big powerful monster aside, he is ridiculously smart, and a genius, and he speaks very sophisticated. and outside of abstracts and such, I don't really think anyone in the MU is more intelligent than he

When I read comics with him in it, I do picture a deep, gravely voice, not too deep, like as deep as hemsworth, just a bit gravely. Except his speech has a somewhat aristocratic tone to it, sophisticated sounding. That's what I've always pictured Thanos sounding like. A cocky, sophisticated brute
So who should voice him?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #414
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I must have watched [The Avengers] over 200 times (sad, I know),
Dude, The Avengers opened only 222 days ago! (and the disk was released only 78 days ago). Have you actually viewed it 9 days out of every 10? (or 3x/day on disk?)

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #415
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
So who should voice him?
got me scratching my head lol. Someone who could pull that off I suppose.

To be flat out honest, ever seen dragonheart? draco's voice (sean connery) except, a little scarier

A lot will disagree, but if they use some effects to alter up sean connery's voice a bit, that is someone I would say could voice him. Minus his funky side lisp of course. a voice like that

Quote:
Dude, The Avengers opened only 222 days ago! (and the disk was released only 78 days ago). Have you actually viewed it 9 days out of every 10? (or 3x/day on disk?)
over *100* times lol. not 200, 2 is right next to 1, whoops lol.

since I've had the dvd, I've watched it, A LOT of times. on average say 4 or 5 times a week. It's just fun, like when I'm done with my school work, i'll pop in the avengers. I think it may be part OCD, I go through phases and obsessions. Like my 10 favorite movies, I must have watched them over 200 300 times each, dragonheart, jurassic park, avatar, independence day, close encounters of the third kind. I go through phases, I LOVE movies.

it did open 222 days ago, but I'll just say
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
i've had the avengers WAY WAY WAY before it was released on DVD

I've probably seen it a little over 100 times. Yes. Like I said, when it comes to movies, I get obsessed and go through phases lol

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #416
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it may be part OCD, I go through phases and obsessions. Like my 10 favorite movies, I must have watched them over 200 300 times each, dragonheart, jurassic park, avatar, independence day, close encounters of the third kind. I go through phases,
In that case, it's well and good that Close Encounters of the Third Kind is on your list! (I'm thinking of, for example, the mashed potatoes scene).

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #417
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
In that case, it's well and good that Close Encounters of the Third Kind is on your list! (I'm thinking of, for example, the mashed potatoes scene).
yesssss hahaha. It's such a great movie though

Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #418
American Maid
Side-Kick

^^Agreed!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #419
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
got me scratching my head lol. Someone who could pull that off I suppose.

To be flat out honest, ever seen dragonheart? draco's voice (sean connery) except, a little scarier

A lot will disagree, but if they use some effects to alter up sean connery's voice a bit, that is someone I would say could voice him. Minus his funky side lisp of course. a voice like that
will have to think on that some more, will let you know if I think of any alternates.

Who that voice is aside, back to Mistress Death a second, might I point out that figure that hands Loki the scepter, That is a different cloak from the other and a very feminine looking white arm and hand. I would not be surprised if that turns out to be her.

And just as a *what if* with that in mind, *what if* at the end of Thor, Loki did die, and met up with Mistress Death, but he talks himself out of this death, charms or tricks her or whatever, and she spares him and she is the one who brings him to Thanos as an ally? That would be an interesting dynamic to work with for those characters, and might explain why Thanos may not go after Loki right away if he's one of his beloved's "pets". Having seen a few panels with Mephisto, Death and Thanos, I think Loki could fill that Mephisto part in certain ways, with Thanos venting frustration about how to impress her and Loki basically toying with that whole situation. That would be fun to see.

And I think earlier on you were against Mistress Death possibly being the Krige character, but it seems she should be involved later in Phase 2 with Thanos, but she needs to be introduced, and what better time than in "the dark world" where we are sure to see lots of warriors and possibly even established characters dying. It would seem like she'd have the power to change Algrim to Kurse, yes? If given reason to. And she could be the force that Odin has to deal with that takes him out of commission for a time. (I think she could also be considered a shadowy enemy that predates the universe, and one that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, and that would take care of introducing her prior to Avengers 2, without necessarily showing Thanos at all). Can you shed any light on her character, what motivates her in the comics by the way? The panels I've seen she doesn't do a lot of talking.

Also wouldn't mind some light shed on Mephisto's role in the whole Thanos - Death relationship? Because I found one panel where Thanos is whining about why doesn't she love me and Mephisto is trying to explain it to him, and another where Thanos is angry that Mephisto has tried to trick him, but I'm missing some pieces to that puzzle. LOL Again I sort of think Loki could fill that part to some extent and have fun with that in A2 (if he's in A2 that is) I'm talking specifically of the Mephisto-Thanos-Death dynamic and how the characters interact with each other.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #420
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
*what if* at the end of Thor, Loki did die, and met up with Mistress Death, but he talks himself out of this death, charms or tricks her or whatever, and she spares him and she is the one who brings him to Thanos as an ally? That would be an interesting dynamic to work with for those characters, and might explain why Thanos may not go after Loki right away if he's one of his beloved's "pets".
I suppose it would explain why Loki looks like, well, death warmed over when he first arrives on Earth.

Mistress Death has the power to reverse death, and the unlimited ability to manipulate matter. So yeah, she could do this and change Algrim to Kurse. Though it also says she rarely uses this power (The Power Cosmic), as it would upset the balance of things. Why would she care about one dark elf soldier?

Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #421
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I suppose it would explain why Loki looks like, well, death warmed over when he first arrives on Earth.

Mistress Death has the power to reverse death, and the unlimited ability to manipulate matter. So yeah, she could do this and change Algrim to Kurse. Though it also says she rarely uses this power (The Power Cosmic), as it would upset the balance of things. Why would she care about one dark elf soldier?
He does look like hell there, yes, and even worse at the end of Thor 1 in the mirror.

I don't know, why would she be impressed enough with Loki to not keep him dead? (if that scenario is correct)... The writer's can write her how they want and make it makes sense, depending on what builds up to it, she may decide she wants Thor dead and beefs up Algrim to do the job.

so I'm hoping for some insight on her character in the comics, if I can't find some myself in the panels I find. Although if Thanos never really figured her out, it's likely Jon hasn't either.

*GASP* Maybe SHE'S Loki's Mom!... j/k

Old 12-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #422
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know, why would she be impressed enough with Loki to not keep him dead?
Loki's Army has outposts everywhere . . .

Quote:
*GASP* Maybe SHE'S Loki's Mom!... j/k
hahahahahahah

Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #423
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Loki's Army has outposts everywhere . . .

hahahahahahah
For all we know Mistress Death is the top General of Loki's army... no wonder Thanos can't get her to give him the time of day.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #424
elizah72
Side-Kick

Some very interesting insight on Mistress Death's character here...
http://www.comicvine.com/death/29-12620/

I also found one reference elsewhere to Spiderman dying and defending a child that had died from Thanos, and Mistress Death being impressed with this and granting them both back life. So despite not speaking much she appears to be an interesting and complex character.

Quote:
RE: why the Beyonder changes Algrim to Kurse...
The mystery of desire was still at the forefront of his mind: as an omnipotent being, he couldn't understand what it meant to want something and not be able to get it (ironically, the one thing he was unable to do was understand desire).
http://www.comicvine.com/beyonder/29-10300/

this quote I found interesting, certainly a being like Mistress Death, the Beyonder or if there is a presence in the Tesseract that will be released, any of those could also have the same reasoning for transforming Algrim to Kurse, and likely will.

Quote:
Cosmic Cube/Tesseract
The Cosmic Cube; the most powerful weapon known to all mutants, is a matrix containing an enormous amount of cosmic power(energy). Anyone in possession of the cosmic cube, can use it to reshape(mold) reality to mirror their vision.

The Beyonder is the greater part of the sentient force which came through the rift, lacking a containment vessel. A cosmic cube has no desires because a Cosmic Cube is complete in itself. It shapes the world with others' dreams. It satisfies others' desires.

It was revealed by Mephistothat the Cubes were once sentient beings and their morals apply to the wishes that can be granted, and not all things are possible with the cubes. This can be overridden though, if enough people wish the same thing in unison it can go against the cubes own wishes.

http://www.comicvine.com/cosmic-cube/18-40949/

Loki in Avengers: I know the true power of the Tesseract and when *I* wield it-
another thing I wont be too surprised if it's revealed that Loki actually had Erik take his scepter and create that option to close the portal down, because he was planning on closing the portal, once he'd defeated the Avengers and had control. yes, I think he was going to screw over Thanos! How dare he! lol and use the Tesseract for himself. Possibly even with Mistress Death's permission if she felt that Thanos was going to threaten the balance of the universe if he had the Tesseract. She also does not desire him to be more powerful than her, it seems

And After all, how does Erik manage to do that unless he's had his hands on the scepter? Loki certainly wouldn't have let him have it even for a moment otherwise.

And I have read that at one point Mephisto talks Thanos into depowering a bit and fighting the heros in a way that there is a chance they might defeat him, in order to better impress Mistress Death, and then the Gauntlet is nearly stolen from him as a result. That is the sort of thing I'm talking about as a place where MCU Loki could fit in, as well as the part where Mephisto tries to steal the IG from Thanos. Instead of Mephisto here, it's Loki. (For Avengers 2 I mean... probably shouldn't sidetrack my own thread but not much coming out about Thor 2 lately. lol)

oh, and here's a possible Thor 2 thing. I just was looking at Lorelei backstory, and it says that Loki disguises himself as Thor and kisses Lorelei so that Sif (his then love interest) will see.... now that could be a thing to work in some Sif-THor-Jane... have Loki make himself look like Thor and kiss Sif (who wants Thor to kiss her) and then Jane sees.... hmmm.... That would be some fun mischief for Loki! (he's gonna be in for a swift kick in the you know what from Sif when she realizes though! LOL)

Last edited by elizah72; 12-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #425
American Maid
Side-Kick

I love this throwaway comment from a Simonson summary (maybe the same one Elizah was reading): "Odin notices Lorelei's deception but chooses to ignore it."

So maybe we are worrying too much about making sure Odin can't affect the plot!