The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #826
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

<scratches on Thor's forehead, abrasion on his right cheekbone. I had thought Kurse hadn't damaged Thor in the Simonson telling.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah. I mean, Hulk's full body punch gave him a nose bleed, hardly. So it would take atleast that to damage his face like that. If he is getting whipped around by Kurse, I wouldn't be surprised if he did that to him, by contact with the ground or sometihng.

I may recall where Kurse has messed up thor before. Either way, scratches or not, Kurse usually gives thor a pretty good pummeling. They're just on different levels in terms of strength
Well, I got stalled out reading the Simonson run. But the library emailed me this morning, so I'll be able to read the last of it soon. So I may be able to update my thinking.

Elizah's comment on the idea of Kurse doing the damage:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
And that's possible, I just thought it looked like a scratch which seems like Kurse would be more pummelling than scratching but maybe...., and if Hela's touch is so bad then a scratch from her could do that, I'd think, they are certainly not going to have her grab Thor's face and wreck it for an extended period of time.
I haven't seen the resolution to the conflict Thor and Hela are having in Simonson, so I haven't commented on that part. Kurse seems a possibility, and Hela seems like a possibility too, if it's a glancing blow.

Now, when you mentioned it earlier, you said the dark elves' clubs had two spikes on them. Could Kurse have such a club and connect with Thor's skull? (Regular dark elves are probably too weak)


<Malekith's facial damage>
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'd assume it was because of battle or something as well, or a blast, or exposer. In the comics one side is darker, like in that picture, but here it clearly is definitally suppose to be burned. Idk about sunlight though, because he seems to be out in light here. He's not a vampire lol. But a blast certainly could do it. Perhaps Odin, perhaps Surtur? Maybe he's been in league with him before, and is trying to proove himself worth of an ally to him. Burnnt possibly = fire = muspelheim = Surtur, possible.
Seems possible to me. Either Odin or Surtur. Having it be Odin makes a natural reason for Malekith to want to go after Asgard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
maybe, but then why would he work for Surtur if he scarred him permanently like this for no reason? I suppose we could go back to it being a trade off for extra powers from Surtur, but then I don't know why Surtur would do that to him as a trade off, Hela maybe, but it doesn't work for Surtur I don't think. Or actually, if he fails Surtur earlier in the film, he could scar him then as punishment, and then that makes Malekith more desperate not to fail again. Maybe...
Well, again, a deal with the devil. He made his agreement, and perhaps it didn't work out as well as he had thought. ANd maybe now he is longing for something so sweet as pain.

He also could have failed Surtur in some flashback, like in an incident that got Surtur locked up in Muspelheim and Malekith locked up in the dark void, and both of them resentful of Odin.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #827
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

So in the past 24 hours we've figured out that Greenwich is at the beginning at least of the LAST 1/3 of the movie, and that is seems likely a Dark Elf Ship does come out of a portal on the Prime Meridian line and then crashes at Univ. of Greenwich. (By the way Marvel if you are reading this and want me to stop, I might consider an early and free Phase 2 box set in lieu of hush money. )

one piece of the puzzle that remains a problem if Thor sees Jane to the East of all of this, just after the crash, she is without Erik there I think too, but with her doohickey, then how do we get to her and Erik running where the stairs are and being stopped by Dark Elves, then Malekith, then Thor pushes Malekith back. That has to be a little while after that, it seems, and it would have to mean that Thor is out of Malekith's way for a little while then reappears just in time to save Jane and Erik.

We also had a video scene where Thor appears to have to stand down, and then the elves walk in and surround him. It occurred to me that if Malekith takes some hostages, and THor has to stand down to keep him from killing them, then they take him captive and magically bind him or something, that could be a solution. Maybe they bring him where some of the Elves are living in London, posting as humans? One thing that may tie into this, we have footage of Mjolnir travelling West along the Thames towards the Tower bridge area (the motorcycle footage) and away from Greenwich, so he's likely in a fight there and without Mjolnir. If they have Thor stand down, and put down Mjolnir, and they bind him and take him somewhere else, then Mjolnir would HAVE to stay put. None of them could lift it to take it with them. Then when Thor frees himself from captivity, (and maybe this is when he has to fight Kurse too), then Mjolnir comes flying to him wherever he's being held? It was some areas of London they were using for where the Dark Elves were, wasn't it? Not sure where exactly that was though, but this idea could work as far as whatever is going on in London... Some are living on Midgard maybe in disguise, maybe as a group, or maybe instead they are mortal who ate Fae food as you have suggested. and again maybe he's fighting Kurse there around London, then he has to come back and fight Malekith some more. The marketplace that was filmed at some, Marvelfreshman mentioned there were effect shots being done, no more specifics than that though, but it does seem like action is happening West of Greenwich along the Thames in London by Tower Bridge and further west from other descriptions of shooting locations, and it seems like at least some of the stuff that was filmed around there was crowd reaction, and effects, no lead actors, so it could be added to whatever is done on a sound stage with the leads (and so they have a recreation of wherever in London they are fighting on a sound stage for the leads)


Quote:
Yeah, BigThor had mentioned the mist at one point.
note, I think I see a shadowing figure in the mist there where they are looking.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #828
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
<scratches on Thor's forehead, abrasion on his right cheekbone. I had thought Kurse hadn't damaged Thor in the Simonson telling.>


Well, I got stalled out reading the Simonson run. But the library emailed me this morning, so I'll be able to read the last of it soon. So I may be able to update my thinking.

Elizah's comment on the idea of Kurse doing the damage:


I haven't seen the resolution to the conflict Thor and Hela are having in Simonson, so I haven't commented on that part. Kurse seems a possibility, and Hela seems like a possibility too, if it's a glancing blow.

Now, when you mentioned it earlier, you said the dark elves' clubs had two spikes on them. Could Kurse have such a club and connect with Thor's skull? (Regular dark elves are probably too weak)
see I'm almost under the impression that Kurse would practically rip his face off with a claw or club like that, so still thinking Hela could make a mark like that that would stay a while.... it would be a way to show her touch of death without seriously ruining Thor's face as it done in the Simonson run. *shrugs*

okay so new thoughts on possible order of things in the last 1/3 of the movie.

Jane is back on Midgard, and is monitoring the PM at the Observatory with relation to her research. A portal opens up and the Dark Elves ship flies out from North of there but along the line, Thor comes down and attacks the ship sending it off West slightly towards Greenwich U. Thor gets off or is knocked off before it crashes, he runs down that street, and Jane is running from the other street, sees him and chases after him. I'm thinking maybe curiosity on her part and also maybe Erik is working at the University and she wants to be sure he's ok. He doesn't appear to be with her there. Thor tells her to stay back and he runs to confront the Dark Elves that are coming out of the ship now. He battles them on the grass. Malekith has some hostages maybe and forces him to stand down (which relates to moral sacrifice), Thor must let go of Mjolnir, and let him self be magically bound so the Elves can take him away (maybe saving him for Surtur?), they take him to somewhere in London where some Dark Elves pretending to be human are living (or mortals who are under their control). Malekith takes this opportunity to summon something to Midgard. I'm going to use him summoning Kurse for this at the moment to see if it works. he sends Kurse on his way to tear up the place and Kurse heads West towards London. Thor breaks free from wherever he's being held captive and so we have a big battle in London against Kurse. Thor calls Mjolnir to him all the way from Greenwich U. and when that fight is over he flies back to Greenwich. In the meantime Jane has found Erik and they are getting away when some Dark Elves surprise them and stop them, then they leave and Malekith comes looking for them (and he'd very likely know by now that Jane is Thor's lady friend if she was up on Asgard for a bit previously), Thor arrives and pushes him back and they fight some more. Thor takes down Malekith's Elves then goes to fight Malekith one on one, tossing him through the pillar to where the cars are. They fight, etc etc... that's all I got at the moment...

re: the scratch either Hela or a previous fight with Kurse could have done that to him prior to all the Greenwich stuff so I'm not concerned to fit that into the above at the moment. It sounds like we'll get a couple Kurse fights, per AAA


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #829
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
So in the past 24 hours we've figured out that Greenwich is at the beginning at least of the LAST 1/3 of the movie, and that is seems likely a Dark Elf Ship does come out of a portal on the Prime Meridian line and then crashes at Univ. of Greenwich.
Yay, us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
(By the way Marvel if you are reading this and want me to stop, I might consider an early and free Phase 2 box set in lieu of hush money. )
Nah, to the extent that they are aware of us at all, I think they like us doing this. For one, whenever we are totally wrong, I'm sure it provides them a good laugh. (especially if we adamantly defend two sides, both of which are wrong ) Second, we help maintain interest in the run up to the release among people who are most likely to tell their friends exactly when the movie opens (like I did this morning). As Oscar Wilde said, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
one piece of the puzzle that remains a problem if Thor sees Jane to the East of all of this, just after the crash, she is without Erik there I think too, but with her doohickey, then how do we get to her and Erik running where the stairs are and being stopped by Dark Elves, then Malekith, then Thor pushes Malekith back. That has to be a little while after that, it seems, and it would have to mean that Thor is out of Malekith's way for a little while then reappears just in time to save Jane and Erik.
I agree about Jane having to find Erik (and Darcy too for that matter). There's also the scene where Erik and Jane climb up the pile of rubble into one of the buildings, then come tearing out again. That has to fit in there somewhere. (maybe one of the scenes between 128 and 137)

It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like Thor does *not* have Mjolnir in the scenes by the white motorcoach (!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
We also had a video scene where Thor appears to have to stand down, and then the elves walk in and surround him. It occurred to me that if Malekith takes some hostages, and THor has to stand down to keep him from killing them, then they take him captive and magically bind him or something, that could be a solution. Maybe they bring him where some of the Elves are living in London, posting as humans?
Maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
One thing that may tie into this, we have footage of Mjolnir travelling West along the Thames towards the Tower bridge area (the motorcycle footage) and away from Greenwich,
This makes sense, but again I'll be devil's advocate: do we know that it is footage of Mjolnir's travel? I know that idea was put out there (I think maybe CherokeeSam had put it forward). If all we have is our idea, then it's possible that it's something else.

Not that this idea is wrong, just that another idea might also be possible (in case we get new data)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
so he's likely in a fight there and without Mjolnir. If they have Thor stand down, and put down Mjolnir, and they bind him and take him somewhere else, then Mjolnir would HAVE to stay put. None of them could lift it to take it with them. Then when Thor frees himself from captivity, (and maybe this is when he has to fight Kurse too), then Mjolnir comes flying to him wherever he's being held?
I do like the idea of Mjolnir flying several miles to return to his hand. (without smacking anyone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
It was some areas of London they were using for where the Dark Elves were, wasn't it? Not sure where exactly that was though, but this idea could work as far as whatever is going on in London...
Andrew Lawden had said some of the gothic-looking buildings were serving as stand-ins for buildings on Svartalfheim. Now, Simonson had dark elves operating on Midgard, so it could well be like that here, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Some are living on Midgard maybe in disguise, maybe as a group, or maybe instead they are mortal who ate Fae food as you have suggested. and again maybe he's fighting Kurse there around London, then he has to come back and fight Malekith some more. The marketplace that was filmed at some, Marvelfreshman mentioned there were effect shots being done, no more specifics than that though, but it does seem like action is happening West of Greenwich along the Thames in London by Tower Bridge and further west from other descriptions of shooting locations, and it seems like at least some of the stuff that was filmed around there was crowd reaction, and effects, no lead actors, so it could be added to whatever is done on a sound stage with the leads (and so they have a recreation of wherever in London they are fighting on a sound stage for the leads)
Agreed. Could be!

I hope a clapperboard or two appears in some of that amateur footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
note, I think I see a shadowing figure in the mist there where they are looking. <photo deleted>
Oh yeah, I see what you mean! Hmmmm!!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #830
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I agree about Jane having to find Erik (and Darcy too for that matter). There's also the scene where Erik and Jane climb up the pile of rubble into one of the buildings, then come tearing out again. That has to fit in there somewhere. (maybe one of the scenes between 128 and 137)
I think the walking up was just to get back up to do the running out again. So they are running away from something inside, yes. If there are hostages and Erik is one of them, then Jane may have to figure out how to free him, while Thor is busy being tied up.

Quote:
It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like Thor does *not* have Mjolnir in the scenes by the white motorcoach (!)
Yeah, I think you are right. SHOOT. that does not gel with the rest of what I had. Blah. Boo-hiss.

Quote:
This makes sense, but again I'll be devil's advocate: do we know that it is footage of Mjolnir's travel? I know that idea was put out there (I think maybe CherokeeSam had put it forward). If all we have is our idea, then it's possible that it's something else.
Uh... I'm pretty sure it was said to be Mjolnir (maybe Marvel Freshman had that info first I think...), it's very low to the ground it seems like, so something flying that is not Mjolnir seems unlikely.

Quote:
I do like the idea of Mjolnir flying several miles to return to his hand. (without smacking anyone)
that IS the tricky part, maybe it does smack someone, like Jane's Ex boyfriends.

Quote:
Andrew Lawden had said some of the gothic-looking buildings were serving as stand-ins for buildings on Svartalfheim. Now, Simonson had dark elves operating on Midgard, so it could well be like that here, too.
yeah, I don't know about them being buildings on Svartalfheim, however I could see it being used as places on Midgard where Dark Elves may be living, and that could be what he meant, or he misunderstood something and that is what it is.

Quote:
I hope a clapperboard or two appears in some of that amateur footage.
I haven't found any others so far. Blah.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #831
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
see I'm almost under the impression that Kurse would practically rip his face off with a claw or club like that,
I appeal to Jon to weigh in on this, as I feel I am less familiar with Kurse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
so still thinking Hela could make a mark like that that would stay a while.... it would be a way to show her touch of death without seriously ruining Thor's face as it done in the Simonson run.
Well, Thor *does* apparently recover from that, at least by the time Coipel is drawing him . I just don't know the particulars, so I haven't weighed in on this detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
okay so new thoughts on possible order of things in the last 1/3 of the movie.
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Jane is back on Midgard, and is monitoring the PM at the Observatory with relation to her research. A portal opens up and the Dark Elves ship flies out from North of there but along the line, Thor comes down and attacks the ship sending it off West slightly towards Greenwich U. Thor gets off or is knocked off before it crashes, he runs down that street, and Jane is running from the other street, sees him and chases after him. I'm thinking maybe curiosity on her part and also maybe Erik is working at the University and she wants to be sure he's ok. He doesn't appear to be with her there.
Agree with all this. It might also be that the dark elves' portal is an example of the Very THing that she and Erik were discussing a while back, and she wants to find him and see if he has seen it too and tell him how they ought to get some data!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Thor tells her to stay back and he runs to confront the Dark Elves that are coming out of the ship now. He battles them on the grass. Malekith has some hostages maybe and forces him to stand down (which relates to moral sacrifice), Thor must let go of Mjolnir, and let him self be magically bound so the Elves can take him away (maybe saving him for Surtur?), they take him to somewhere in London where some Dark Elves pretending to be human are living (or mortals who are under their control). Malekith takes this opportunity to summon something to Midgard. I'm going to use him summoning Kurse for this at the moment to see if it works.
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
he sends Kurse on his way to tear up the place and Kurse heads West towards London. Thor breaks free from wherever he's being held captive and so we have a big battle in London against Kurse. Thor calls Mjolnir to him all the way from Greenwich U. and when that fight is over he flies back to Greenwich. In the meantime Jane has found Erik and they are getting away when some Dark Elves surprise them and stop them, then they leave and Malekith comes looking for them (and he'd very likely know by now that Jane is Thor's lady friend if she was up on Asgard for a bit previously),
Makes sense, and I agree that Malekith would know at this point that Jane is a little bit more special to Thor than most Midgardians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Thor arrives and pushes him back and they fight some more. Thor takes down Malekith's Elves then goes to fight Malekith one on one, tossing him through the pillar to where the cars are. They fight, etc etc... that's all I got at the moment...
Very exciting, though!

Now, when Thor pushes Malekith back, he doesn't have Mjolnir. Maybe he drops it right before he pushes Malekith; it was hard for us to see in that one clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
re: the scratch either Hela or a previous fight with Kurse could have done that to him prior to all the Greenwich stuff so I'm not concerned to fit that into the above at the moment. It sounds like we'll get a couple Kurse fights, per AAA
I agree; it happens before the U-Greenwich footage. I could see it being either Hela or Kurse at this point.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #832
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I think the walking up was just to get back up to do the running out again. So they are running away from something inside, yes. If there are hostages and Erik is one of them, then Jane may have to figure out how to free him, while Thor is busy being tied up.
Yeah, you're probably right. But yeah, that has to get sequenced in somehow.

<Thor doesn't have Mjolnir by the white motorcoach>
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Yeah, I think you are right. SHOOT. that does not gel with the rest of what I had. Blah. Boo-hiss.
sorryboutthat

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Uh... I'm pretty sure it was said to be Mjolnir (maybe Marvel Freshman had that info first I think...), it's very low to the ground it seems like, so something flying that is not Mjolnir seems unlikely.
You're right!! Good memory. http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=925

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
that IS the tricky part, maybe it does smack someone, like Jane's Ex boyfriends.
Hopefully not Don Blake, though, 'cause maybe it will turn into a walking stick

No clapperboards. . . .boo!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #833
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Hopefully not Don Blake, though, 'cause maybe it will turn into a walking stick
well I will say however, again on the site that shall not be linked, there is a couple pictures of a guy at Greenwich U.... insanely good looking guy about the same height as Chris, talking to Chris, dark short perfect hair, blue winter jacket and salmon colored pants :/... anyway, that guy is waaaaaayyyy too pretty to be only part of the film crew, so I'm thinking he may wind up in front of the camera at some point, but I don't recognize him at all. It's not the guy playing Ian Boothby. I can't find it at the moment but if I do I'll let you know.

edit: ok on that site it's under "THOR: THE DARK WORLD Set Videos & Photos; Monday 19th November" after all the set videos, tell me if you recognize him from anything.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #834
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
well I will say however, again on the site that shall not be linked, there is a couple pictures of a guy at Greenwich U.... insanely good looking guy about the same height as Chris, talking to Chris, dark short perfect hair, blue winter jacket and salmon colored pants :/... anyway, that guy is waaaaaayyyy too pretty to be only part of the film crew, so I'm thinking he may wind up in front of the camera at some point, but I don't recognize him at all. It's not the guy playing Ian Boothby. I can't find it at the moment but if I do I'll let you know.

edit: ok on that site it's under "THOR: THE DARK WORLD Set Videos & Photos; Monday 19th November" after all the set videos, tell me if you recognize him from anything.
Sadly, I don't recognize him either. Hmmm.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #835
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Oh! Found this!



http://www.everyeye.it/view.asp?sezi...eenshot=325731

scene 80 in the Thor 1 script is just after Jane calls Selvig and leaves a message that she went with Thor to the Shield base.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #836
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

This one too!

http://www.everyeye.it/view.asp?sezi...eenshot=327152


elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #837
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

And this one http://www.everyeye.it/public/immagi...inema_4761.jpg


elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #838
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
And that's possible, I just thought it looked like a scratch which seems like Kurse would be more pummelling than scratching but maybe...., and if Hela's touch is so bad then a scratch from her could do that, I'd think, they are certainly not going to have her grab Thor's face and wreck it for an extended period of time.




maybe, but then why would he work for Surtur if he scarred him permanently like this for no reason? I suppose we could go back to it being a trade off for extra powers from Surtur, but then I don't know why Surtur would do that to him as a trade off, Hela maybe, but it doesn't work for Surtur I don't think. Or actually, if he fails Surtur earlier in the film, he could scar him then as punishment, and then that makes Malekith more desperate not to fail again. Maybe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
We're looking for clues about the plot of the movie in a number of places. Little details can reveal important things. Like Elizah's spotting of the clapperboard number that she brought up yesterday. That puts the U-Greenwich footage later in the movie than we all thought (at least, everyone who voiced an opinion). A little detail became a big deal!

You're certainly welcome to analyze something else. You'll probably be able to help us figure out something important, and we'd love to have your input. A fresh pair of eyes and a different perspective tends to do that!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
lol I am with him on that one though, a little scratch certainly isn't enough to speculate on, we hardly even know the context of the scene. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, nor would I use it as evidence supporting the theory that Hela has a big role in this movie. Malekith will be the main antagonist, with Kurse. And that one villain behind the scenes, who I believe is Surtur. And more than likely is. I do think Hela will appear at some point, as will a lot of thor's rogue gallery, but I am sure it will be a smaller role. She hasn't been casted, I still think Surtur makes more sense than Hela, though I think she may appear. But guys, using Thor's scratches on his face to support the idea that hela is one of the main antagonists, that's reaching realllly far lol.

__________________
hi

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #839
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Oh! Found this!



http://www.everyeye.it/view.asp?sezi...eenshot=325731

scene 80 in the Thor 1 script is just after Jane calls Selvig and leaves a message that she went with Thor to the Shield base.
Very exciting!!

So now we know for sure they are using the American system.

Of course, this scene 80 is not in Iceland. They were on location in Iceland in October, and this clapperboard is dated December.

Beautiful, beautiful pictures of Iceland on that website.

Also, they have this picture from Bourne WOods:

Look in the upper left corner (to the left of Thor, to the right of the lady in pink, under the cauldron and other props)--it's a dry erase board. I'll bet they use that as part of a clapperboard like they did for that one clip with Bobby Holland Hanton that I posted a little while back.

This board, sadly, looks empty (or illegible). But it's something to look for!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #840
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,051
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
lol use the "edit" feature elizah, this didn't need to be 3 posts :P

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #841
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

I'm thinking that's Oct 12 2012 not Dec 10 2012 there AM, sometimes people write dates that way. (and actually on that last one I posted it says 12 Nov. 12 )

can't make out what little it has on that Bourne Woods one unfortunately.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 04:22 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #842
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol use the "edit" feature elizah, this didn't need to be 3 posts :P
Too late.

Incidently "good lookin' guy" talking to Chris is here and the next two pics, anyone recognize him as an actor?

http://www.everyeye.it/view.asp?sezi...eenshot=330268


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 04:09 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #843
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I'm thinking that's Oct 12 2012 not Dec 10 2012 there AM, sometimes people write dates that way. (and actually on that last one I posted it says 12 Nov. 12 )

can't make out what little it has on that Bourne Woods one unfortunately.
Oh yes, you're right. And the "10" looks like it was done with printed letters or stencil, rather than with dry-erase markers. So it's more likely to stand for the month.

And 12 October was the first day of filming in Iceland!

So now, perhaps, we know something more.

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #844
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post

Looking forward to hearing from you!
I personally would never take it this far for a myriad of reasons, most importantly I want to be surprised by the movie.

Regardless, some of the things being analyzed appear to be out of shear impatience/boredom rather than having any tangible relationship to the plot.

I have a radical theory for you though. I believe you and Elizah to be the same person.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #845
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

On the top monitor, there is one pillar only wrapped in blue, and it doesn't look like a corner one.

Hard to tell where it is exactly, but it's more property damage than we originally realized.

Spoiler button due to size.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:




Edit: I think this pic gives the context:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #846
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I personally would never take it this far for a myriad of reasons, most importantly I want to be surprised by the movie.
Well, you probably oughtn't read this thread, then. In case we accidentally get something right, I wouldn't want the movie to be spoiled for you! (And I mean that sincerely; I am here on the Hype in the spirit of fun, and I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Regardless, some of the things being analyzed appear to be out of shear impatience/boredom rather than having any tangible relationship to the plot.
That might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I have a radical theory for you though. I believe you and Elizah to be the same person.
hahahhahahaha, that brightens my day! That would explain why, for example, we are and are not in Loki's army, and do and do not want Jane to stay with Thor.

Cheers!

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #847
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I personally would never take it this far for a myriad of reasons, most importantly I want to be surprised by the movie.

Regardless, some of the things being analyzed appear to be out of shear impatience/boredom rather than having any tangible relationship to the plot.
So what? Nobody's forcing you to read this thread. This thread is so we can speculate all we want, about whatever we want in relation to the movie. That's what this thread is here for. It's a LONG wait until the movie comes out, lots of stuff can be analyzed to see if it has any relation to the plot, and if it's nothing then fine, but it might be. And some of this IS passing the time until the movie comes. That's what this whole board is here for, I thought! If you dont care for our speculation and want to be surprised, then my advice to you is don't come into this thread in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I have a radical theory for you though. I believe you and Elizah to be the same person.
oh, if you could see my PM box, you would most assuredly know the truth.

Unfortunately for me, AM is much smarter (and clearly nicer and much more even tempered) than I.


Last edited by elizah72; 01-18-2013 at 05:00 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #848
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
hahahhahahaha, that brightens my day! That would explain why, for example, we are and are not in Loki's army, and do and do not want Jane to stay with Thor.

Cheers!
AW I thought I'd converted you to Loki's Army! Darn it! more Hiddles will have to be posted in the Loki thread then, me thinks! (and no you have not converted me to wanting Jane to stick around. Bleck on that. )

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #849
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
oh, if you could see my PM box, you would most assuredly know the truth.
Ah, well, I have mirror image (dare I say . . .the clone?) of your PM box (!), so I know differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Unfortunately for me, AM is much smarter (and clearly nicer and much more even tempered) than I.
Awww, that's nice of you to say! Thanks!

You do a better job of getting people engaged than me. And you have more out-of-the-box ideas. Those leaps of intuition and imagination I think will bring you closer to the actual plot elements (and are more interesting). I wish I could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
AW I thought I'd converted you to Loki's Army! Darn it! more Hiddles will have to be posted in the Loki thread then, me thinks! (and no you have not converted me to wanting Jane to stick around. Bleck on that. )
I'm not anti-Hiddles, just not fainting. (And I have noticed that he has those dreamy eyes in some films, like in _Midnight in Paris_)

__________________
"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #850
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Ah, well, I have mirror image (dare I say . . .the clone?) of your PM box (!), so I know differently.
I'm still trying to figure out who is Donald Blake and who is Thor in this scenario. Hm... because really it feels more like I am the Loki to your Thor/Donald Blake.

By the way, I had blueberry pancakes for supper... oh, but, of course you know that already... since apparently, you are me. *wink*

Quote:
Awww, that's nice of you to say! Thanks!

You do a better job of getting people engaged than me. And you have more out-of-the-box ideas. Those leaps of intuition and imagination I think will bring you closer to the actual plot elements (and are more interesting). I wish I could do that.
well this is me practicing using my imagination and building a possible story. which can be fun and I usually sort of enjoy doing, although it can be frustrating. This is tougher in a way than trying to come up with a fan fic summary/outline though in the sense that I'm trying to figure out what another writer might have done with not nearly enough clues! Ugh!

I need to get back to the Simonson Omnibus reading btw, took a few days off and now I've got some JIM stuff I'm looking forward to starting soon, beginning with Fear Itself (Everything Burns is coming at the end of this month). I am really interested by the panels I've read, KidLoki especially. But I need to finish the Omnibus and get it back to the Library first.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.