DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: RoboCop Reboot - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
they went from this

to this!?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
It's only a if the suit doesn't please angry fanboys.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

This feels like it's going to be a big R-rated toy commercial.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #29
Wookie-Balls
Side-Kick

If its an "R" I will eat humble pie... The script has PG13 (literally) written all over it.

*****Spoilers Below*****

Murphy dies off screen
Murphy tazers 90% of the criminals he deals with
Murphy takes out a SWAT team by kneecapping and beating them
Murphy when unsuited is suspended in parts in a bloodless manner
ED209 makes some of his kills off screen

This coupled with the already infamous line in the script about putting Robo on pg13 settings, and now the line from the sizzle real about kids wanting to play with Robo - makes me worried...

*****Spoilers End******

Shame really as that silver suit is REALLY nice! Still I hope that I am wrong and we get a movie with balls...

Last edited by Wookie-Balls; 11-17-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #30
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

that concept art is awesome! better than what we've seen from the set pics

Old 11-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #31
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Beautiful.

It is

Old 11-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #32
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie-Balls View Post
If its an "R" I will eat humble pie... The script has PG13 (literally) written all over it.

Murphy dies off screen

This coupled with the already infamous line in the script about putting Robo on pg13 settings, and now the line from the sizzle real about kids wanting to play with Robo - makes me worried...

Shame really as that silver suit is REALLY nice! Still I hope that I am wrong and we get a movie with balls...
There's an actual SPOILER option in the posting tools that will blackout all the spoilers. Just use the little ninja option or the smilie face with the censor bar across his eyes

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 11-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #33
Spiderman89
Side-Kick

Quote:
hi, could you send me the Robo script? would love to read it!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #34
Wookie-Balls
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
There's an actual SPOILER option in the posting tools that will blackout all the spoilers. Just use the little ninja option or the smilie face with the censor bar across his eyes

Thank you - I've edited my post

Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #35
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

*****Spoilers Below*****

Murphy dies off screen

*****Spoilers End******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman89;24653595[B
hi, could you send me the Robo script? would love to read it![/B]
Me too. Ive been dying to read it.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #36
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Hate to say it, but count on Robocop being PG-13. It's the only way to make a profit anymore. Rated-R flicks rarely make bank nowadays.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #37
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman89 View Post
hi, could you send me the Robo script? would love to read it!
The script will change
Think Avengers

Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
culver3vlr22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Hate to say it, but count on Robocop being PG-13. It's the only way to make a profit anymore. Rated-R flicks rarely make bank nowadays.
Prometheus just made a hell of a lot of money and the hangover films have made much its crazy. 300 hade an amazing opening weekend. And the Friday the 13th remake made $45mil opening weekend in the same month Robocops getting released. I hope Samuel l mofo'n Jackson get the studio to realized that to truly make robocop they much go R not hard R but R none the less.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
they went from this

to this!?

I'm not saying that I love the design they ultimately went with but I'm actually glad they changed up the design from that concept. It's a little TOO close to the original for my taste.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #40
The Guard
Side-Kick

It wouldn't surprise me if the design we've seen color changes to something resembling that concept art at points during the film.

Seeing as how the design we've seen...strongly resembles that concept art.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

If Robocop had that suit very close to the original, wouldn't people just ***** about them not having any original ideas of their own, once again?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #42
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

The concept art is streets ahead of what they chose.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #43
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhedd11 View Post
If Robocop had that suit very close to the original, wouldn't people just ***** about them not having any original ideas of their own, once again?
Pretty much. The mainstream media would only mock the 'original' choice and deem the creative heads as lazy and un-inspired.

Circle of life.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #44
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culver3vlr22 View Post
Prometheus just made a hell of a lot of money and the hangover films have made much its crazy. 300 hade an amazing opening weekend. And the Friday the 13th remake made $45mil opening weekend in the same month Robocops getting released. I hope Samuel l mofo'n Jackson get the studio to realized that to truly make robocop they much go R not hard R but R none the less.
The budget for Robocop is 100 million (150 when it's all said and done), so Strike/Columbia/Metro aren't looking for a modest return. Robocop is a popular franchise. Thus, executives are seeking 300-400 million WW.

Note: Prometheus is now viewed as a Box Office success but a couple months ago Prometheus was considered a disappointment.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
storyteller
Side-Kick

Okay we get it, the concept art has silver on it. I will be interested in their in movie explanation for moving away from the silver. Most designers would never choose all black if they could help it. Minus the hand(could they put a glove on it or something?) I like the new suit.

Also in the last thread folks were talking about Rubber and Metal. Well none of these suits have ever been metal. Not the original Robocop, Iron Man, or anything else armored. Sure in the movie they are metal but in real life it's all spray paint. Just like Thor's chain mail, in post it's probably going to look like metal.

But the fact that have all these concepts using the silver means it's all in there in addition to the black suit. So they didn't forget or ignore. They have taken the silver and used product design logic to move away from it within the film.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #46
TheBeastWithin
Side-Kick

Old 11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #47
Viral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrobot View Post

I love the look of ED-209! I wonder how they could better this with ED-210.

Actually this design looks much different from the ED that we've seen at the official site. Could the one over at omnicorp.com be the new ED-210?

And here's a better look at the new Robo suit. In this photo it doesn't look too different from the other one. Maybe only the helmet.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/what...s-from-robocop

Last edited by Viral; 11-17-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #48
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:

*****Spoilers Below*****

Murphy dies off screen

*****Spoilers End******

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!

studios are totally spineless nowadays. not wanting to risk making R films anymore, when back in the 80s & 90s there plenty of R rated action flicks.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #49
culver3vlr22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
The budget for Robocop is 100 million (150 when it's all said and done), so Strike/Columbia/Metro aren't looking for a modest return. Robocop is a popular franchise. Thus, executives are seeking 300-400 million WW.

Note: Prometheus is now viewed as a Box Office success but a couple months ago Prometheus was considered a disappointment.
PG-13 or R $300-400 mill is over the top thinking for a movie of this kind it's just silly to think that.

When you make a movie like this or any studio wanting a blockbuster it's dumb and nieve to have a goal like that. The goal should be to make a good movie. If they pushed the film back because of fans dislike of the suit to think to had blood is so bad.

But a studio could cause less about a films final product as long as the toys sell well and the movie has fan base. MGM doesn't want The Dark Knight they want Transformers.

I've known from day from the second they wanted to make anew robocop movie the problem is the rating. The smart thing is to make it right with gore a true "death of Alex Murphy" but it won't and if the do it will be for the blu ray to try and build up the whole "what was to scary for theaters" tv spot.

It's how promoting movies work MGM wants a film series not a good movie that's why Jose may be having problems making the film he wants.

My case is just that to say we can't make money cause were rated R is just crazy. You can sell toys you can have kids watch the film on the hopes their parents say **** it I wanted robocop as a kid it didn't **** me up.

I just hate the watered down girly non violent vagina "can't shut a kid can you fuxker" robocop. It's just a shame the idea of PG-13 action it's not what the 80s wanted !!!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #50
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I love the look of ED-209! I wonder how they could better this with ED-210.

Actually this design looks much different from the ED that we've seen at the official site. Could the one over at omnicorp.com be the new ED-210?

And here's a better look at the new Robo suit. In this photo it doesn't look too different from the other one. Maybe only the helmet.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/what...s-from-robocop
I'm thinking that is Robo's other mode but its going to be achieved with CGI and that is there for lighting reference.

and yeah, it looks alot like the concept art, if not a bit bulkier and it looks like the visor/mouth sections are covered. Like its in lockdown or something.

It's either that or its some sort of Omnicorp drone thats seen all throughout the movie and they program them to attack Robo at the end.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-17-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Closed Thread