Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #226
mayo23
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Well if he uses his powers to get back at everyone, using them for "revenge," I think that makes him a really interesting "Bad guy." He is sympathetic, but really, how interesting would it be to see Spider-man fight a guy who just steals money and kills for the sake of it? We had that with Green Goblin in SM1 after he got revenge, but there is only so much you can do with that.
Haha. It seems like a good am ount of the posters here want an "uninteresting" villain.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #227
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Edit

Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #228
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Geeze get the stick out of your you know what. Try relaxing for once you might enjoy it. Cry baby. Complaining about a movie that hasn't even begun filming.
Wow nice way to actually add to the discussion. To answer your other point I never said the film would be dumb and boring I said the use of this select character would be. To me electro is on par with shocker, trapster etc. works great in a group but on his own meh. apart from his brief power up in the original new avengers which again was quickly forgot and changed

Electro much like gwen to me in my opinion alone has always been an over hyped but extremely underwhelming character that soon as something is done to make them even slightly interesting or trying something new is retconn.

Like I said he works in the current mold as a great henchmen or lieutenant, but very little more without completely revamping the character.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter

Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; 12-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #229
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Well said! Could be very interesting. I just hope Electro doesn't feel like every other Spidey movie villain.
Same. Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Lizard were all mad scientists with some sort of split personality. The only unique villains were Harry and Venom, and both of them were disappointments (not to say that Sandman wasn't either).

I think Electro has a good chance of being unique as well. Really, it all depends on what direction they want to take him in. Lets just hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Haha. It seems like a good am ount of the posters here want an "uninteresting" villain.
I think having a guy who just wants to steal, rob banks, or cause some kind of chaos works in a few exceptional cases (such as Heath Ledger's Joker), but if its not done right then its just a generic villain who will probably fall flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Wow nice way to actually add to the discussion. To answer your other point I never said the film would be dumb and boring I said the use of this select character would be. To me electro is on par with shocker, trapster etc. works great in a group but on his own meh. apart from his brief power up in the original new avengers which again was quickly forgot and changed

Electro much like gwen to me in my opinion alone has always been an over hyped but extremely underwhelming character that soon as something is done to make them even slightly interesting or trying something new is retconn.

Like I said he works in the current mold as a great henchmen or lieutenant, but very little more without completely revamping the character.
Well this really comes down to opinion as well. Who knows, maybe Electro isn't the only villain?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #230
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Electro was the worst character in SSM, his adaptation in TAS was 10x better.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #231
socool
True

I feel like a lot of people may be overlooking one thing about Electro. When Rhys Ifans was cast as the Lizard for TASM many months ago, they actually had a press release for him. They said that Rhys Ifans had been cast as the villain of the film. They didn't say who the villain was but they clearly said Rhys was the villain. Jamie Foxx, however, didn't have any press release. Sony's only confirmation of his casting was his name on Dehaan's press release. What if he isn't the villain? I'm not saying Electro won't be Foxx's character or that Electro isn't bad, but what if he isn't THE villain? What if he's very secondary? Just saying...

Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #232
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
What that version where he wasn't even Max Dillon? He was a Russian Cop who was also the Red Skull's son.

- The Joker
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #233
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

I hope we don't get Ultimate Electro for his look,he would just look like Nick Fury otherwise.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #234
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zece View Post
Being Red Skull's son named Rheinholt Schmidt was better than him actually being an electrician named Max Dillon, let alone having a much more meaningful arc during TSSM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
I feel like a lot of people may be overlooking one thing about Electro. When Rhys Ifans was cast as the Lizard for TASM many months ago, they actually had a press release for him. They said that Rhys Ifans had been cast as the villain of the film. They didn't say who the villain was but they clearly said Rhys was the villain. Jamie Foxx, however, didn't have any press release. Sony's only confirmation of his casting was his name on Dehaan's press release. What if he isn't the villain? I'm not saying Electro won't be Foxx's character or that Electro isn't bad, but what if he isn't THE villain? What if he's very secondary? Just saying...
Only if Webb can fit two villains just fine in the sequel.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #235
Nathan

You know, this was a sucky look for Franco's Goblin, but without the arm blades and mask, this could be a decent outfit for Electro.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #236
Ajendo
Side-Kick

I'm going to re-watch the electro episode of that MTV spidey show to get an idea as to how he could come off cinematically because I'm struggling to see how all this can turn out good.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #237
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It could also definitely work as an updated electrician's outfit if Max is an electrician in TAS-M 2.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #238
Nathan

Heh, indeed.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #239
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

They should do this,but make him blue because electricty is blue.

Then we also get the classic star shape without it looking cheesy.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #240
Nathan

Ugh... no. I want him to be an actual person. Not living energy coursing through a suit.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #241
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Nick fury's twin brother?No thank you,that's boring.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #242
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Nick fury's twin brother?No thank you,that's boring.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #243
Nathan

So every bald, black guy that's gonna roam the Movies is now Fury's twin?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #244
Obionejabroni
New User - Level 0

I want to start off by saying I am NOT a troll. I have been coming to this site for 10 years now but never registered feeling I was a bit old (33 years old) to do so. However, after reading all these posts and pulling my hair out about the "mystery" person at the end of TAS I've decided to put myself out there. With that said be kind. Why am I the only person who remembers the original tv spots showing the mystery figure as Dr. Octopus? If you recall when the original tv spots came out they show a shadowy figure DESCEND from a few feet in the air with a split second screen shot of what appears to be tentacles dragging on the floor (picture extremely skinny snake tails.) Now in the movie they edit this out but kept in the shot of the hat which is a clear reference to the hat that DOC OC wears when he is in his civilain clothes. Now it's my theory that the mystery figure was suppose to be Doc Oc but some studio head made Marc Webb change it maybe because they thought it was too soon to reintroduce that character back in the movies. But I swear on my life if you look up the old TV spots you will see what I am talking about.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #245
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obionejabroni View Post
I want to start off by saying I am NOT a troll. I have been coming to this site for 10 years now but never registered feeling I was a bit old (33 years old) to do so. However, after reading all these posts and pulling my hair out about the "mystery" person at the end of TAS I've decided to put myself out there. With that said be kind. Why am I the only person who remembers the original tv spots showing the mystery figure as Dr. Octopus? If you recall when the original tv spots came out they show a shadowy figure DESCEND from a few feet in the air with a split second screen shot of what appears to be tentacles dragging on the floor (picture extremely skinny snake tails.) Now in the movie they edit this out but kept in the shot of the hat which is a clear reference to the hat that DOC OC wears when he is in his civilain clothes. Now it's my theory that the mystery figure was suppose to be Doc Oc but some studio head made Marc Webb change it maybe because they thought it was too soon to reintroduce that character back in the movies. But I swear on my life if you look up the old TV spots you will see what I am talking about.
I know exactly what you're talking about and that's not Doc Ock. It's a shot of the SWAT guys landing from the helicopter. Those "tentacles" are the ropes they are descending from. Trust me.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #246
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Don't see them going with the 'classic' look. At least the look everyone is accustomed to. They went for killer croc look for Lizard which has never been done before. (As far as I know.) They'll probably go for something completely new.

At first I was a little disheartened to know only Electro would feature as villain in this movie. I mean with Doc Ock in SM2 he was a classic. A classic as far as he is seen as one of Spideys arch nemesis'. Electro isn't. But I am getting more and more excited however at them bringing prominance to the Electro character. Although I never saw him as one of the front runners as far as leading villains.

It'd still be nice to see a side villain like Rhino make an appearance.

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 12-04-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #247
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Man, I just really have zero interest for this at the time. I like Garfield, Stone, and Webb, but I really don't care for the casting choices. Osborn especially. I won't condem the movie to hell, but I was hoping ASM 2 would have fantastic casting.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #248
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Heck, I'm fine with Electro. To put it simply, his power is a simple concept. Electricity. In my opinion I think it's somewhat of a generic villain power, but it's cool, right? It's a cool power to be watching taken control of.

In a recent interview Marc Webb said, "I think Electro is an incredibly visual, exciting, dangerous villain. There is a lot of appealing stuff that is going to happen as the world emerges.”

- With that said, I really feel they're going to make Electro a visual villain. I feel they're gonna take advantage of the electricity and utilize it with 3D. That's my two cents. I can't wait to see what they come up with. It can look really cool.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #249
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Man, I just really have zero interest for this at the time. I like Garfield, Stone, and Webb, but I really don't care for the casting choices. Osborn especially. I won't condem the movie to hell, but I was hoping ASM 2 would have fantastic casting.
I feel the opposite. While the cast was the best thing in the first film, seeing them in the sequel doesn't get me excited again because of how the reboot's story itself wasn't so great. Electro is the only thing that excites me now.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #250
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I feel the opposite. While the cast was the best thing in the first film, seeing them in the sequel doesn't get me excited again because of how the reboot's story itself wasn't so great. Electro is the only thing that excites me now.
I'm not excited about anything at this point..except Horner's score. Lol