The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #451
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Just as long as Connors doesn't inject himself with the Lizard Serum so that he can help Peter or something, please God no!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #452
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I suppose I'll only answer to these posts as they actually have something to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Point is, Lizard killed someone, and you were wrong. Next discussion, anyone?
I was wrong?

No, afraid I wasn't since I was not speaking on Lizard killing Captain Stacy, but keep thinking what you want, Picard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I see what you mean. Lizard killed Capt. Stacy but other than that he didn't come off as a villain who would kill.

Though, that was the whole point of his character: his goal wasn't to kill, it was to make everyone like himself. The threat wasn't in killing the people, it was in turning the people into beasts.

So for the story it made sense. I would've liked to see him more beastly. I've said this so many times but I'd love to have seen him get into some kind of rage mode when in battles, and that rage mode would make him kill some people because he'd have no humanity during that moment. That would make him being able to be more scary, life threatening and intimidating without contradicting his motives.
Ehh, not really for the story. Connors should've become more of a beast over time instead of seemingly becoming only smarter while he is the Lizard. From the beginning, I thought that was the case that Lizard would become more feral and just kill, and that's the way I wanted to see one of my favorite Spidey villains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Now you know how we feel when you keep throwing out lazy off-hand slams at TASM. There's having your opinion... then there's just being a *insert appropriate term here*, if you really have just BARELY anything good to say on a board full of people who loved the movie, just don't post here at all. Stick to the TDKR section, you seem to have a lot of good things to say about that.
Wasn't lazy as at least some people understood what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Although I do agree that we should have seen the Lizard kill more people.
...And you got my point

Quote:
Had Lizard been more beastly and wild at times, he'd feel much more unique compared to the other Spidey villains we've seen in films. He'd be much more unpredictable. Kinda wasted opportunity in ASM unfortunately since he instead became more of that typical Raimi era villain.

I hope they up the ante with Electro.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #453
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Just as long as Connors doesn't inject himself with the Lizard Serum so that he can help Peter or something, please God no!
Nah, I doubt that will happen. They did that in the video game, and that's probably the last time he'd transform. MAYBE, just maybe if they go past three films, they could have him become lizard again. But his "addiction" to the serum has been cured, and he knows the consequences. It would have to be against his will, or if he had to protect his family from Norman or something.

But they didn't kill Connors, so it would be such a waste if he doesn't come back just as a recurring character at the very least.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #454
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I suppose I'll only answer to these posts as they actually have something to say...

I was wrong?

No, afraid I wasn't since I was not speaking on Lizard killing Captain Stacy, but keep thinking what you want, Picard.

Ehh, not really for the story. Connors should've become more of a beast over time instead of seemingly becoming only smarter while he is the Lizard. From the beginning, I thought that was the case that Lizard would become more feral and just kill, and that's the way I wanted to see one of my favorite Spidey villains.

...And you got my point

Sorry Anno, but you clearly said he did not kill. Should have been more specific.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #455
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Sorry Anno, but you clearly said he did not kill. Should have been more specific.
Just for the heck or fun of it as SpiderMarvelite suggested Electro should do. Lizard HAD to with specific reasons. Maybe I should have specified, but some did understand what I meant, so it didn't go over everyone's head.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #456
Picard Sisko

Moving on...

Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #457
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I didn't acquire those Electro powers. I do have a small scar though.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #458
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You could be a prophesied wizard instead.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #459
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Go vote for Troy

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=449523

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #460
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Why was he banned?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #461
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But, isn't Troy immortal? Aren't his methods supernatural?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #462
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still like TASM version of Lizard/Connors. It could of been better, but I thought it was a good representation of the comic character. Just missing a family really. Otherwise, I felt bad for Connors, and the Lizard wanted to turn people into Lizards. It was good enough for me. Usually origin villains aren't as good as sequel villains; ala Scarecrow/Ras < Joker/Two-Face.
Though I liked GG more than Ock
I must be the only one

Old 12-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #463
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
I will be mad if Electro has any type of redemption in the end. I'm kinda alright with a good guy turning evil, even though that has done been done to death, but don't give me any Doc Ock/Sandman ********.
I agree

Lizard/DocOck/Sandman/Goblin Junior all sorta turned into good guys in the end.
I want Electro to die as a villian

Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #464
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I hope we don't get that. I'm glad that Dr. Connors wasn't really a "bad guy" because, even in the comics, he really is a good guy. So there was a reason for it in the film. But Electro, even if he was at some point a good guy, needs to stay bad. This is a villain I do hope we love to hate.

Question is, should they kill him off? Maybe Spider-Man can "de-powerize" him at the end of the film... nah, that's what he did to the Lizard. Maybe he will be imprisoned... wait, no, that also happened to the Lizard. But if they kill him, people will compare it to the Raimi films. Hmm....

Maybe he doesn't die and will continue to be a villain in the third film as well? Now that would be revolutionary for the Spider-Man films...
He short circuits himself,or something like that
They probably wont show Spidey killing him

Old 12-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #465
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
But, isn't Troy immortal? Aren't his methods supernatural?
*insert Ra's' first line to Bruce in The Dark Knight Rises*

Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #466
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:

I was wrong?

...And you got my point

We get you point,but there are positive ways of saying it

Old 12-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #467
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
And what's ironic is that he will defend the flaws of Nolan's trilogy to death even if everyone thinks they are flaws.
And he invents flaws about anything remotely Spider-man
That's true. We are all too blind to see TASM's flaws but the flaws in TDKR are not there. It's just us being stupid and not understanding the movie, which is kinda funny since I love BB and TDK and he is suggesting that I just suddenly turned my brain off for TDKR. lol

Quote:
I was wrong?

He answered it for you very well:
Quote:
Now, let's move on from the stupidity. Electro in TASM 2 .....

Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #468
Picard Sisko

Should electro become pure energy for the final battle or something?

Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #469
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

It would be neat.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #470
Picard Sisko

I always think of Electro from Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, the final battle on the rooftop. So awesome!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #471
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
I must say that I absolutely love your avatar! What comic is that from?
Sorry for the late reply, but it's from the cover of Avenging Spider-Man #18 drawn by Marco Checchetto. It's a really sick cover, I posted it over in the Superior Spider-Man thread on the Spidey comics board.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #472
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Electro will be a minor villain, Anno will be the main villain. Criticizing the movie to the point of being mistaken himself by being too general and non specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Sorry for the late reply, but it's from the cover of Avenging Spider-Man #18 drawn by Marco Checchetto. It's a really sick cover, I posted it over in the Superior Spider-Man thread on the Spidey comics board.
It's a great cover, some Thor action and all

Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #473
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
He can be the main villain of TASM2, while in TASM3, Green Goblin kind of steals the show.

I really hope Dr. Connors returns in the sequels and continues to help Peter out, and become his mentor. They can further develop his character, introduce his family, and make up for lost detail in TASM.

I'm up in the air about Dr. Connors returning. I think it depends on how they use him. Maybe flashbacks? It seems he knows what happend to Peter's parents judging by the after credits scene.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #474
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Am I the only one anticipating the idea that Electro could become a giant monster of energy in the final battle?

Like Shattered Dimensions...

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #475
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Electro will be a minor villain, Anno will be the main villain. Criticizing the movie to the point of being mistaken himself by being too general and non specific

The things I'd do as the main villain...

Closed Thread