Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #726
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post

Facepalm me all you want, it's true. Raimi did right by Venom, a character who shouldn't even have been in his series to begin with.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #727
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Facepalm me all you want, it's true. Raimi did right by Venom, a character who shouldn't even have been in his series to begin with.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #728
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #729
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
John Blake, Bane, and Talia. Not counting giving the identity away to Gordon, ans Bane giving it to Catwoman.

TDK had the ones mentioned below + Reese.

BB had Ra's, Rachel, Alfred, Fox.

"Oh, Gwen...I'm spider-man, let's make out!"

Probably one of the reasons why ASM's Peter wasn't written as well as Raimi's.
Classic Nolan fan,bash TASM just because I said something about TDKR

I have said many times before that the rooftop scene was terrible
In BB it made sense since he needed the help of a few people and hence he had to tell Alfred and Fox,Ra's trained him so he knew.Him letting it out to Rachel with that dialogue was stupid imo

In TDK know one else knew except Reese and they show it well how he intelligently deduced it
In TDKR it was ridiculous,they never explained how any of them came to know in the first place

Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #730
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Then, hey, one can say 'not exactly' and that Bruce and Batman didn't die on the same day. Let alone, Fox can say Bruce ended up dying the day he arrived inside City Hall which is before Bruce faked his death as Batman
We are left to assume

Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #731
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Classic Nolan fan,bash TASM just because I said something about TDKR

I have said many times before that the rooftop scene was terrible
In BB it made sense since he needed the help of a few people and hence he had to tell Alfred and Fox,Ra's trained him so he knew.Him letting it out to Rachel with that dialogue was stupid imo

In TDK know one else knew except Reese and they show it well how he intelligently deduced it
In TDKR it was ridiculous,they never explained how any of them came to know in the first place
Hey, you know what? Peter telling Gwen he is Spider-Man is basically Batman telling Rachel who he is in Batman Begins... on a rooftop, too!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #732
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Police force is stupid in every superhero movie. Lol

Also, I would like to add, I'm not sticking up for John Blake's bones and stuff. That was just piss poor writing in a otherwise great movie.
Not that stupid "Hey lets send all the police force into the sewere'
That was lazy writing

Old 12-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #733
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because in superhero movies...the police are idiots. At least for the most part.
Question, what exactly happened to the Swat teams in the final fight?Some were transformed into lizards - whom we never see again
We see them converting back in the end
Quote:
and the rest of the team was apparently at Dunkiní Donuts since only Captain George Stacy joined Spider-Man at the top of Oscorp Tower.
It was Stacy's choice,he couldnt have said 'Lets go help spidey' when he just released an arrest warrant few days ago

Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #734
Picard Sisko

Quote:

It was Stacy's choice,he couldnt have said 'Lets go help spidey' when he just released an arrest warrant few days ago

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-15-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #735
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Quote:

This.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #736
Picard Sisko

I really hate bashing TDK trilogy, but fans of those movies can really go out of their way to bash other CBMs, and it gets very annoying. Nolan's films have many flaws, too.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #737
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You know, I hope once Electro defeats Spider-Man, he tries to unmask him. Only to stop as he reaches for the mask and says something like "You know what, I don't even care who you are. I kicked your pathetic ass once. You cross me again and I'll fry you permanently."
That's actually really cool!

Old 12-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #738
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
It's funny how there hasn't been a single Spidey movie with a villain not connect to Peter, yet other comic films have had villains not connected to their respected heroes.
Quote:
I'm not talking about ties, I'm talking about directly knowing that person. Stark didn't directly know about WhipLash until he showed up. Of course Thor knows Loki, and Doom knows the four. But many others don't know their enemy prior to fighting them for the first time.
I don't see where you said anything about directly knowing a person in your original post....neitherless, all of those villains/heroes I name still had connections/ties/direct knowledge of each other, so you are still incorrect with your assumptions.

Quote:
Green Goblin is closer to being Spider-Man's Joker.
Actually, it takes the combination of Joker and Penguin to equal the Green Goblin, if you really think about it....so really the Joker is just half the character of the Green Goblin. You are wrong on that comparison.

Last edited by Venom'sDad; 12-15-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #739
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
It's funny how there hasn't been a single Spidey movie with a villain not connect to Peter, yet other comic films have had villains not connected to their respected heroes.
Quote:
I'm not talking about ties, I'm talking about directly knowing that person. Stark didn't directly know about WhipLash until he showed up. Of course Thor knows Loki, and Doom knows the four. But many others don't know their enemy prior to fighting them for the first time.
I don't see where you said anything about directly knowing a person in your original post....neitherless, all of those villains/heroes I name still had connections/ties/direct knowledge of each other, so you are still incorrect with your assumptions.

Quote:
Green Goblin is closer to being Spider-Man's Joker.
Actually, it takes the combination of Joker and Penguin to equal the Green Goblin, if you really think about it....

Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #740
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I really hate bashing TDK trilogy, but fans of those movies can really go out of their way to bash other CBMs, and it gets very annoying. Nolan's films have many flaws, too.
As a fan of the trilogy, I can at least acknowledge these flaws. I have yet to read a fan's post of TAS-M that acknowledges TAS-M's flaws.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #741
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
As a fan of the trilogy, I can at least acknowledge these flaws. I have yet to read a fan's post of TAS-M that acknowledges TAS-M's flaws.
I have seen many fans acknowledge them,myself included

And you never really acknowledge them,you defend them to death

Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #742
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I've acknowledged ASM's flaws. They don't detract from how much I truly enjoy the film.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #743
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I have seen many fans acknowledge them,myself included

And you never really acknowledge them,you defend them to death
No...I actually don't.

As you can see, I have listed the flaws of Batman magically appearing at the end of TDK to confront Dent or that Bane's motorcycle along with his mens' motorcycles magically appearing at the Stock Exchange and et cetera.

I only defend something silly as pointing out how Bruce came back to Gotham simply because there wasn't any time showing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I've acknowledged ASM's flaws. They don't detract from how much I truly enjoy the film.
But once agin, though, I never hear from you or Spiderdevil on TAS-M's flaws. Show me where you bring up the flaws and I'll detract my statement.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #744
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
But once agin, though, I never hear from you or Spiderdevil on TAS-M's flaws. Show me where you bring up the flaws and I'll detract my statement.
What's your point with this statement towards Spiderdevil and Ultimateswebhead? There's no point in "detracting" your statement when you were obviously generalizing that you "have yet to read a fan's post of TAS-M that acknowledges TAS-M's flaws".

Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #745
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
What's your point with this statement towards Spiderdevil and Ultimateswebhead? There's no point in "detracting" your statement when you were obviously generalizing that you "have yet to read a fan's post of TAS-M that acknowledges TAS-M's flaws".
Think for a second.

If I do see that there are people that HAVE brought up the film's flaws rather than defending 24/7, then I will simply apologize in thinking I never heard of someone actually bringing up the flaws.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #746
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I'm not going to search thru all my posts to copy/paste them here but I have talked about the various flaws.

* They failed to really show the full humanity of Connors. I would've liked to see scenes with him and his family. That was my biggest gripe with ASM and took the biggest chunk out of my overall score.

* Editing/pacing issues with the second half. I can see how some last minute decisions about the changes within the story affected the final cut. I'm still ok with it though seeing as how the decided against the end for Ratha and wanting to take a diff approach to Peter's parents.

I've brought up these points several times along with some other minor nitpicks.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #747
Web face
Side-Kick

Anno, seriously, that might be the dumbest thing you've said. Countless fans have acknowledged flaws, you might not be reading those posts but they exist I'm sure of it.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #748
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I even see the flaws in TASM

Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #749
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I hope they try and do something orignal and different with Electro. I think it will bore me if he is the poor young man who is trying to do right by his family then accidently gets electrical powers and goes insane.

We have never seen anyone actually in the crime business. And maybe now is the time for that.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #750
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Edit, mispost? wtf.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 12-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Closed Thread