Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #751
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
As a fan of the trilogy, I can at least acknowledge these flaws. I have yet to read a fan's post of TAS-M that acknowledges TAS-M's flaws.
Wow.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #752
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Oh Anno

Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #753
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Doc Ock is my favorite Spidey villain. Imo, it feels like a Batman trilogy w/o Joker. I don't want Venom, is the thing. I hate that freaking parasitic sack of crap, and found him to be done complete justice in SM3 (needing a whole rewrite of his character), and he got more screentime than he deserved. There, I said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Actually, it takes the combination of Joker and Penguin to equal the Green Goblin, if you really think about it.
I've thought about it. That doesn't make a lick of sense. What has The Penguin ever done that it takes him and the Joker to equal Green Goblin? Not that the Joker cannot surpass the Goblin by himself anyway. Green Goblin has been dead for two decades of Spider-Man's run, and his only real claim to fame is killing Gwen. There was no need for any Joker rip offs and spin offs like Green Goblin 2 3 and 4, Hobgoblin 1 2 3, Demogoblin, Grey Goblin and all the other lame Goblin knock offs there's been to milk the character. The Joker all by himself is all that was needed to make him the legend he is. He was voted #1 comic book villain of all time by Wizard Magazine readers, whom I'm sure you know are comic book fans;
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The Joker, aside from being Gotham's greatest threat (something Goblin can't even say about NY since Ock's schemes are always deadlier for New York than Gobby's) he's murdered Jason Todd, crippled Batgirl, killed Gordon's wife, and just recently he blinded Alfred by pouring ammonia in his eyes. The Joker is considered the greatest comic book villain of all time by the general consensus. It's no surprise his cinematic portrayals by Nicholson, Ledger, even Mark Hamill's vocal work with the character are held in such high esteem by the comic book fan community. Green Goblin is not even considered the best villain in Raimi's trilogy by the consensus. Molina's Doc Ock usually gets that title, along with Spider-Man 2 being considered the best one, and one of the best comic book movies of all time.

At the moment I would count Ock as a greater threat to Spidey than anything Goblin's ever done;
Doc Ock has just taken over Spidey's body and has all of his memories. He's basically stolen his life.

I'm not even counting all the other personal stuff Ock's done one Spidey in the past. Sorry Venom'sDad, but your comparison is the one that doesn't make sense.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 12-15-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #754
Picard Sisko

I don't think Doc Ock should be in this trilogy at all IMO. Wait until this story arc is over, then perhaps later on explore the character. He is definitely going to be on screen again, but not anytime soon.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #755
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

I've thought about it. That doesn't make a lick of sense. What has The Penguin ever done that it takes him and the Joker to equal Green Goblin? Not that the Joker cannot surpass the Goblin by himself anyway. Green Goblin has been dead for two decades of Spider-Man's run, and his only real claim to fame is killing Gwen. There was no need for any Joker rip offs and spin offs like Green Goblin 2 3 and 4, Hobgoblin 1 2 3, Demogoblin, Grey Goblin and all the other lame Goblin knock offs there's been to milk the character. The Joker all by himself is all that was needed to make him the legend he is. He was voted #1 comic book villain of all time by Wizard Magazine readers, whom I'm sure you know are comic book fans;

The Joker, aside from being Gotham's greatest threat (something Goblin can't even say about NY since Ock's schemes are always deadlier for New York than Gobby's) he's murdered Jason Todd, crippled Batgirl, killed Gordon's wife, and just recently he blinded Alfred by pouring ammonia in his eyes. The Joker is considered the greatest comic book villain of all time by the general consensus. It's no surprise his cinematic portrayals by Nicholson, Ledger, even Mark Hamill's vocal work with the character are held in such high esteem by the comic book fan community. Green Goblin is not even considered the best villain in Raimi's trilogy by the consensus. Molina's Doc Ock usually gets that title, along with Spider-Man 2 being considered the best one, and one of the best comic book movies of all time.

At the moment I would count Ock as a greater threat to Spidey than anything Goblin's ever done;
Doc Ock has just taken over Spidey's body and has all of his memories. He's basically stolen his life.

I'm not even counting all the other personal stuff Ock's done one Spidey in the past. Sorry Venom'sDad, but your comparison is the one that doesn't make sense.
As far as the movie is concerned,its all about the writing
If written well,any character can be great villian

Old 12-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #756
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
As far as the movie is concerned,its all about the writing
If written well,any character can be great villian
Really, so you could see Rhino being a leading villain then?

- The Joker
Old 12-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #757
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #758
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I hope they try and do something orignal and different with Electro. I think it will bore me if he is the poor young man who is trying to do right by his family then accidently gets electrical powers and goes insane.

We have never seen anyone actually in the crime business. And maybe now is the time for that.
I don't think Electro has the organizational skills to become a crime boss and if he is just a thug, he wouldn't very interesting unless he is also very cruel and wouldn't be able to move the plot forward unless he is working for another villain, who would be the true Big Bad of the film.

So how exactly would Electro be in the crime business? If he just goes around robbing banks to make a quick buck, you really can't write a 3 act story around that. I still think Norman experimenting on Max Dillion and Electro wanting revenge on Osborn is the way to go. Spidey saving his greatest enemy has some irony to it.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #759
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
We could but his powers are really limited so no
Though I agree that villians who are psychotic like Joker and GG have the potential to be better or more interesting villians

Old 12-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #760
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Go on IDMB and type " The Amazing Spider-Man 3" and look at the main villan/villans

That site never fails to ammuse.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #761
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I don't think Electro has the organizational skills to become a crime boss and if he is just a thug, he wouldn't very interesting unless he is also very cruel and wouldn't be able to move the plot forward unless he is working for another villain, who would be the true Big Bad of the film.

So how exactly would Electro be in the crime business? If he just goes around robbing banks to make a quick buck, you really can't write a 3 act story around that. I still think Norman experimenting on Max Dillion and Electro wanting revenge on Osborn is the way to go. Spidey saving his greatest enemy has some irony to it.
I think it would make sense for Electro to work for a crime boss, but not be one. It would be cool if Electro tries to get revenge on Norman, which could motivate the Green Goblin to kill him in the end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Go on IDMB and type " The Amazing Spider-Man 3" and look at the main villan/villans

Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #762
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Think for a second.

If I do see that there are people that HAVE brought up the film's flaws rather than defending 24/7, then I will simply apologize in thinking I never heard of someone actually bringing up the flaws.
The problem here is that it's like beating a dead horse with you. You do see but just choose not to. You're just too busy pointing out flaws and making your opinion be know to really notice.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #763
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Anno, I'm a fan of TASM and here are the flaws...

It's a little cheesy at time, granted not as much as Raimi, but still.
Connors isn't exactly what I wanted, I thought he could of been better, a little undeveloped.
Not a huge fan about the way they drop the parent's storyline after getting bitten.
Didn't really like the times he got unmasked.
He didn't run out of webbing, really wanted to see that.
At times it felt a little too deja vu compared to SM1.

There. Happy now? Jesus, Anno.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #764
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

yeah TAS has its flaws but for me its still better then the previous films

Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #765
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I really want to see Tombstone or Silvermane in these movies at some point. I just found those two guys fascinating.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #766
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post

at least igiff is over there bringing some order to that madness.

I just hope its not "Hobogoblin"

Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #767
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
With enough rewriting and restructuring of his character, yes. But then you run the danger of losing the character's essence. That's the tricky part. To write a character as effectively as possible without losing its essence.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #768
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I don't think Doc Ock should be in this trilogy at all IMO. Wait until this story arc is over, then perhaps later on explore the character. He is definitely going to be on screen again, but not anytime soon.
I agree. I want to see more classic villians like Mysterio, The Scorpion, Chameleon and Kraven before we see Ock again. I also would love to see Hobgoblin and Morbius in a future film. I loved Morbius' story in The Animated Series with Felica.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #769
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it would make sense for Electro to work for a crime boss, but not be one. It would be cool if Electro tries to get revenge on Norman, which could motivate the Green Goblin to kill him in the end?
But if Electro is working for a crime boss, wouldn't that guy be the main villain, not Electro? If Electro is supposed to be the main villain, he can't just be some goon following someone else, because then it feels like the guy Eelctro is taking orders from should be the main villain.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #770
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Anno, I'm a fan of TASM and here are the flaws...

It's a little cheesy at time, granted not as much as Raimi, but still.
Connors isn't exactly what I wanted, I thought he could of been better, a little undeveloped.
Not a huge fan about the way they drop the parent's storyline after getting bitten.
Didn't really like the times he got unmasked.
He didn't run out of webbing, really wanted to see that.
At times it felt a little too deja vu compared to SM1.

There. Happy now? Jesus, Anno.
Agree, i also think Capt. Stacy could´ve been used more in a sequel

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #771
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Yeah, I was sad to see him go. But I suppose it could of been too Batman/Gordon-ish.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #772
Picard Sisko

Quote:
But if Electro is working for a crime boss, wouldn't that guy be the main villain, not Electro? If Electro is supposed to be the main villain, he can't just be some goon following someone else, because then it feels like the guy Eelctro is taking orders from should be the main villain.
Not necesarily. Its kind of thinking of a Darth Vader to the Emperor relationship. The crime boss that Electro would be working for would be more of the "behind the scenes" villain.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #773
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not necesarily. Its kind of thinking of a Darth Vader to the Emperor relationship. The crime boss that Electro would be working for would be more of the "behind the scenes" villain.
Except the Star Wars trilogy built up a conflict between Luke and the Emperor, can you have the same build up between Spidey and some generic crime boss? Its not clear if Sony has the rights to Kingpin, so who would this crime boss be and why should I care? It seems like a conflict should be building between Spidey and Norman Osborn, not Spidey and some random crime boss. Plus Darth Vadar had some pluses going for him, the fact that was Luke's father, the fact that he was a very ruthless and competent commander with almost unlimited resources at his disposal. That's why I don't think this comparison works, Vadar is about as far different from Electro has you can get.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #774
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Except the Star Wars trilogy built up a conflict between Luke and the Emperor, can you have the same build up between Spidey and some generic crime boss? Its not clear if Sony has the rights to Kingpin, so who would this crime boss be and why should I care? It seems like a conflict should be building between Spidey and Norman Osborn, not Spidey and some random crime boss. Plus Darth Vadar had some pluses going for him, the fact that was Luke's father, the fact that he was a very ruthless and competent commander with almost unlimited resources at his disposal. That's why I don't think this comparison works, Vadar is about as far different from Electro has you can get.
I used the term "crime boss" just to get the point across. The idea is to have Electro working for someone bigger. And one of those possibilities IS Norman Osborn, so obviously you would care for him, and there would be a build up between them. And Sony did confirm that they own Kingpin. He was on loan to Fox.

And I think Darth Vader to the Emperor is still a fair comparison. While we won't find out that Electro is "His father," its the point that he was the main villain working for someone else "bigger."

Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #775
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
No...I actually don't.

As you can see, I have listed the flaws of Batman magically appearing at the end of TDK to confront Dent or that Bane's motorcycle along with his mens' motorcycles magically appearing at the Stock Exchange and et cetera.

I only defend something silly as pointing out how Bruce came back to Gotham simply because there wasn't any time showing it.
And you also said that sending the whole force into the sewers is not a flaw and how not going back up to get the Joker is not a flaw(Its a much bigger flaw than 'magically appearing' which is not really a flaw since its not hard to guess that he will be at the place where Rachel died)

Quote:
But once agin, though, I never hear from you or Spiderdevil on TAS-M's flaws. Show me where you bring up the flaws and I'll detract my statement.
Havent a said a million times already on how the action sucked or how the Villian was terribly developed and his motives and plans were all wrong or how the pacing was too fast or how they made a mess of the parents angle or How the 'untold story' thingy was false advertising?

Closed Thread