The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Arrow General Discussion Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Deathstroke
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 342
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Yeah, but SHIELD and Arrow will probably be going after demographics. Though both comic book shows, I think SHIELD will be a more LOST, NCIS, CIS, type show where Arrow is obviously more CW teeny girl tiger beat type show.

Yeah basically SHIELD will likely be what Arrow deserved to be and should have been... but unfortunately can't be.

Deathstroke is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Paradox1
Side-Kick
 
Paradox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,495
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

What makes you think Shield is gonna be any different, good or last? You are making a great deal of assumptions for a show that hasn't even hit the air.

__________________
"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)

Last edited by Paradox1; 11-18-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Paradox1 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,694
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Pretty much.

Especially since SHIELD's characters are sterotypes so far.

protocida is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
DaveMoral
Side-Kick
 
DaveMoral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,643
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

The badly executed melodrama is more prominent on this than in The Dark Knight Trilogy simply because there is more time for it. It's no more unbearable and annoying than the crap with Bruce and Rachel in BB and TDK though.

DaveMoral is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,151
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

It's not unbearable or crap, in either. I mean, it's not what I'm there for and I could do without it. But whatever, who gives a ****. I enjoy the finished product.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

I'm waiting for Huntress, but....I didn't see any purple....boo hoo! Still, I like where things are going so far. My only complaint is I feel they addressed to many issues early on. I didn't really see a need for him to be arrested so early. They could have saved that for season two.

I recently read WB is very happy with the ratings for "Arrow".

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,667
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

How is addressing issues instead of dragging them out a complaint? That's one of the good things about shows like Arrow and Nikita.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,856
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
How is addressing issues instead of dragging them out a complaint? That's one of the good things about shows like Arrow and Nikita.

It's not a problem of addresssing them, but I guess I felt him getting arrested could have waited until a later time. It seemed like a throw away to answer the question that wasn't at that point being raised.... I mean, yeah, at some point, people might have wondered, but his arrest just seemed to soon. It could have waited until someone actually raised the question. That way his arrest would have had more impact, but him just planning to be arrested seemed like a throw-away because now they never have to answer that question.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,694
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

But that's the point.

Eliminate the possibility before someone begins to suspect.

protocida is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,270
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

True. Now it will be a long while before someone suspects again, other than Det. Lance who will always secretly suspect.

I'm glad they brought this up and tackled this issue of why a vigilante just so happens to pop up when a billionaire playboy that has been lost for 5 years returns from surviving on an island. I had hoped Nolan would have tackled the issue in his Batman films, but I guess they didn't really have anyone at the time that could stand in as Bats to help throw off police for Bruce.

Now we won't have to worry about this really coming back up until 2nd or 3rd season or when someone close to him finds out and dies (possibly his mother)

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
ChickenScratch
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Queens, NY, USA
Posts: 5,208
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
True. Now it will be a long while before someone suspects again, other than Det. Lance who will always secretly suspect.

I'm glad they brought this up and tackled this issue of why a vigilante just so happens to pop up when a billionaire playboy that has been lost for 5 years returns from surviving on an island. I had hoped Nolan would have tackled the issue in his Batman films, but I guess they didn't really have anyone at the time that could stand in as Bats to help throw off police for Bruce.

Now we won't have to worry about this really coming back up until 2nd or 3rd season or when someone close to him finds out and dies (possibly his mother)
Batman's appearance as Batman was enough time after Bruce's return that there was no suspicion. He took almost 6 months (BB novelization) putting things in place, getting the equipment, etc.

ChickenScratch is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
Savage
Earth Rocker
 
Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,213
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
What makes you think Shield is gonna be any different, good or last? You are making a great deal of assumptions for a show that hasn't even hit the air.
Please. Like Joss Whedon's ever had a bad show. It may not last (Might be different on ABC than on Fox, though) but with Whedon's track record of quÓlity I'm pretty sure this show will be good even if it lasts two episodes.

Plus it's not a show created to replace Smallville so we probably won't be seeing it ripoff that drama style and even if it did Whedon's proven to be awesome with that stuff.

__________________
"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
protocida
Side-Kick
 
protocida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,694
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Eh.

Whedon is good and The Avengers was outstanding, but his track record isn't that great.

protocida is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
ChickenScratch
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Queens, NY, USA
Posts: 5,208
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Please. Like Joss Whedon's ever had a bad show. It may not last (Might be different on ABC than on Fox, though) but with Whedon's track record of quÓlity I'm pretty sure this show will be good even if it lasts two episodes.

Plus it's not a show created to replace Smallville so we probably won't be seeing it ripoff that drama style and even if it did Whedon's proven to be awesome with that stuff.
Speaking of style of shows and what Wheadon can deliver on. Anyone ever notice the WB shows have this dark cinematography, usually look pretty toned down from a color standpoint and pretty much always looks like a cheap set.

I just bring this up because other networks seem to have a look of their own, and in some cases I think would look better for Arrow. Think about CBS, all the shows have these really bright colors, great scenery and generally don't look cheap. Look at Hawaii 5.0 or any of the CSIs, or even a darker looking show of theirs like Elementary that still manages to look vibrant.

I'm just saying, as good a show as Arrow is, I wish it broke from the look of all the other CW shows.

ChickenScratch is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick
 
NosfeRomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,462
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Eh.

Whedon is good and The Avengers was outstanding, but his track record isn't that great.
That's a Bazinga right ?

NosfeRomas is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
Savage
Earth Rocker
 
Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,213
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Eh.

Whedon is good and The Avengers was outstanding, but his track record isn't that great.
Considering every show he's done has been a critical hit I beg to differ. Just because Smallville outlasted Firefly doesn't mean it's better. The only bad thing the guy's done I think was Alien: Resurrection. Otherwise, when it comes to TV, guy's got a pretty awesome track record.

__________________
"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,151
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Eh. SHIELD isn't a musical starring Neil Patrick Harris or something he had only small contributions to like Toy Story or Roseanne. So I don't see it being good. Can't stand the guy.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,772
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I'm waiting for Huntress, but....I didn't see any purple....boo hoo!
There's some at her underarms / sides. Not much, but it is there.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Savage
Earth Rocker
 
Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,213
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
Speaking of style of shows and what Wheadon can deliver on. Anyone ever notice the WB shows have this dark cinematography, usually look pretty toned down from a color standpoint and pretty much always looks like a cheap set.

I just bring this up because other networks seem to have a look of their own, and in some cases I think would look better for Arrow. Think about CBS, all the shows have these really bright colors, great scenery and generally don't look cheap. Look at Hawaii 5.0 or any of the CSIs, or even a darker looking show of theirs like Elementary that still manages to look vibrant.

I'm just saying, as good a show as Arrow is, I wish it broke from the look of all the other CW shows.
I agree. For a show that is not in the same universe as Smallville it sure feels like it is.

__________________
"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
Savage
Earth Rocker
 
Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,213
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Eh. SHIELD isn't a musical starring Neil Patrick Harris or something he had only small contributions to like Toy Story or Roseanne. So I don't see it being good. Can't stand the guy.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if I'm missing a point you're trying to make. Aside from Toy Story and Rosanne he's had a liiittle bit of a role in the creations of the shows Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse. All shows that even in spite of cancellation have such a large following that their stories are still continued in other mediums and have conventions specifically made for them. My point is that even if ABC cancels the show after disappointing ratings there is a very good chance that the episodes aired will be awesome.

But I've already gone off on a wild tangent. The point is love triangle soap opera drama can entertaining when done right. So far it's kind of uninteresting on Arrow. It's not bad. It just brings the momentum to a screeching halt as if to say "Alright, I guess we should fill our quota of these scenes".

__________________
"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,151
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if I'm missing a point you're trying to make. Aside from Toy Story and Rosanne he's had a liiittle bit of a role in the creations of the shows Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse. All shows that even in spite of cancellation have such a large following that their stories are still continued in other mediums and have conventions specifically made for them. My point is that even if ABC cancels the show after disappointing ratings there is a very good chance that the episodes aired will be awesome.
Save Dr. Horrible, I don't like anything Joss Whedon has been in charge of. Critics like them, I don't. I'm positive SHIELD won't be different.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 21,808
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I agree. For a show that is not in the same universe as Smallville it sure feels like it is.
True. And not helped by the fact that he's squatting at Luthor Mansion. The fact that it sometimes feels like a continuation of Smallville in tone is what prevents me from truly liking this show. The one bright spot is Willa Holland.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #25
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,667
Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

This show beat Smallville when it put Oliver into the costume in the first episode. And this show hasn't been nearly as frustrating as Smallville was. But that's just my opinion.

The Squirrel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ę2014 All Rights Reserved.