The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #551
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

God damn it! My piece of **** cable provider has dropped the station that airs CW. This is some ********. What is the number of tonite's episode? I'm gonna have to go download eps of this and Supernatural from now on.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #552
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
God damn it! My piece of **** cable provider has dropped the station that airs CW. This is some ********. What is the number of tonite's episode? I'm gonna have to go download eps of this and Supernatural from now on.
Tonight's is episode 10.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #553
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
What's your cable provider?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #554
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

Damn you people need to chill. It was a joke. Swearing and all is not needed along with the attitudes.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #555
Maximus One
Oddball

Time Warner.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #556
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Time Warner.
... That's going in the "**** that don't make no sense" file.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #557
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Surprise buttsex is no laughing matter.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #558
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Surprise buttsex is no laughing matter.
haha dude that had me in stitches

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #559
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Remember, true believers, no means no. Excelsior!

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #560
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

There's a new episode tonight right? I'm itching for some archery action.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #561
Reek
Pork Sausage

about to watch it on DVR, so happy this show is back.

one of the cast tweeted that they are excited for the next 6 episodes... is that the remainder of the season? i thought it got a full 22 episodes

Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #562
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I think they got an extra one at some point, so it's 23.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #563
Reek
Pork Sausage

great episode!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #564
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I have never seen even one episode of Arrow. I came to this thread to ask if it is better than Smallville. I loved Smallville but was let down by the overall quality over the time span of ten seasons. If it is on par with SV or even slightly better, I will make a concerted effort to catch up on the episodes. I have a good feeling about it and I hear good things, but SV was sort of like a bad breakup to me. I'm vulnerable and need to know what I'm getting into before I get in another serious commitment.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #565
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I think it's better than Smallville, but I wasn't a fan of Smallville. So I can't give you that perspective. Sorry, but it's a good show nonetheless.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #566
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

It's definitely better than Smallville's first season so far.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #567
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

As much as I like the show and think it has potential, I think Smallville was more fun to watch. This supporting cast just isn't doing it for me. There were a fair share of annoying characters on SV, but there were also great relationships like Clark/Lex and Clark/Jonathan and so on. This show doesn't have any of that. The closest thing is Ollie/Diggle, and that's only okay.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #568
Reek
Pork Sausage

only 10 episodes into the series... cant really compare it to smallville, that is what, 9 seasons?

Just watch the first 2-3 episodes... 1.5-2 hours of your time. heck I was hooked the first episode.

It does rip off batman a lot... but i think it will move on from that... TBH it is kind of a smart starting point.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #569
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think I may check it out. I'm sure it's not easy to form an opinion on which is better when Arrow is still so new and SV has ten seasons worth of material. So thanks for the perspective. Also, it seems they add alot more comic book villains and vigilanties every few weeks than Smallville did during the early years from what I've heard.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #570
riotgirl77
TVEA C.D. & Writer

Arrow News Brief 1/16

Last edited by riotgirl77; 01-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #571
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I have never seen even one episode of Arrow. I came to this thread to ask if it is better than Smallville. I loved Smallville but was let down by the overall quality over the time span of ten seasons. If it is on par with SV or even slightly better, I will make a concerted effort to catch up on the episodes. I have a good feeling about it and I hear good things, but SV was sort of like a bad breakup to me. I'm vulnerable and need to know what I'm getting into before I get in another serious commitment.
It's better. And I enjoyed Smallville.
But it's different. Don't go in there expecting Smallville.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #572
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I personally like it a lot more than Smallville. I was never a big fan of Smallville to begin with. I always thought it was just "meh". Not that I think Arrow is anything too great but it's pretty good so far. It has the potential of being better though.

One of the major things that bugged me about Smallville is how much they deviated from the comics. That immediately put me off. Yes, I get that something doesn't have to be true to the comics in order to be good but look at the premise of Smallville. The whole premise and idea behind it was "This is Clark Kent as a teenager and throughout the course of the show, you will see him evolve and develop into Superman and become the Superman you all know of by the end". Why wouldn't you make a show like that true to the comics? By the end of the series, it doesn't really feel like Superman to me. Clark is finally there mentally but the world around him is completely different. Jimmy Olson is dead, Lois already knows his identity, the Justice League has already been formed and it's not the original line-up, and most of the villains have already been introduced and have been very altered. I feel that Smallville should've ended with everything being like the comics in the end so that you, as the viewer, can imagine standard Superman stories from the comics taking place into that universe despite the show being over. It's really a stupid idea to deviate from the source material when the whole point of your show is to have your character and his world grow into the character and world respectively of the comics.

Arrow, on the other hand, doesn't have this problem. They do deviate from the comics quite often (though nowhere to the same extent as Smallville, which I like) but they have more room to do that because the show isn't sold on Oliver becoming the "Green Arrow you all know of and love" which was the case with Smallville. It understands a lot better than Smallville that it takes place in a separate universe and treats this version of GA as the true version of this character in this universe. They can develop Oliver into the GA of the comics by the end of the series if they want to (and I would like that a lot) but if they don't, the lost potential will not be as big because it is more logical here to why they would make that decision as opposed to Smallville.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 01-17-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #573
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
Damn you people need to chill. It was a joke. Swearing and all is not needed along with the attitudes.
Your the one with the attitude silly bollocks.....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 01-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #574
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I personally like it a lot more than Smallville. I was never a big fan of Smallville to begin with. I always thought it was just "meh". Not that I think Arrow is anything too great but it's pretty good so far. It has the potential of being better though.

One of the major things that bugged me about Smallville is how much they deviated from the comics. That immediately put me off. Yes, I get that something doesn't have to be true to the comics in order to be good but look at the premise of Smallville. The whole premise and idea behind it was "This is Clark Kent as a teenager and throughout the course of the show, you will see him evolve and develop into Superman and become the Superman you all know of by the end". Why wouldn't you make a show like that true to the comics? By the end of the series, it doesn't really feel like Superman to me. Clark is finally there mentally but the world around him is completely different. Jimmy Olson is dead, Lois already knows his identity, the Justice League has already been formed and it's not the original line-up, and most of the villains have already been introduced and have been very altered. I feel that Smallville should've ended with everything being like the comics in the end so that you, as the viewer, can imagine standard Superman stories from the comics taking place into that universe despite the show being over. It's really a stupid idea to deviate from the source material when the whole point of your show is to have your character and his world grow into the character and world respectively of the comics.

Arrow, on the other hand, doesn't have this problem. They do deviate from the comics quite often (though nowhere to the same extent as Smallville, which I like) but they have more room to do that because the show isn't sold on Oliver becoming the "Green Arrow you all know of and love" which was the case with Smallville. It understands a lot better than Smallville that it takes place in a separate universe and treats this version of GA as the true version of this character in this universe. They can develop Oliver into the GA of the comics by the end of the series if they want to (and I would like that a lot) but if they don't, the lost potential will not be as big because it is more logical here to why they would make that decision as opposed to Smallville.
Smallville didn't deviate from the comics any more than any other Elseworlds. And they're some of the greatest stories out there. Red Son specifically (one of my favourite superman books). Smallville established pretty early on that it was a different canon from the "known, established" superman lore. I actually really liked that they took that and ran with it, instead of being pigeon holed into a story. Did it always work for them? Nah. Did it sometimes improve on the comics? Hell yes (Red Kryptonite prime example.)

This series (Arrow) seems to stay a lot closer to the comics, which is strange, because right off the bat, they establish a world without super powers. But the characters they've brought to life have so far, not been far from the source material.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #575
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
David Anders ("Once Upon a Time") arrives in Episode 14, and he'll play a brand-new villain created specifically for the TV show. "We wanted to have a villain who was purely sociopathic and without conscience and limitations, but also someone who was so incredibly smart that his tactics and the intelligence of his strategy would rival Oliver's tactics and ability to strategize," Guggenheim said. "We'd been having so much fun with established DC villains that we thought it was time to create someone new and add a new toy to the toy box. The fun about Vanch is that he's absolutely ruthless, but at the same time, a great tactician. He's the thinking man's villain."
It'll be interesting to see the show's first original villain.

Quote:
James Callis appears as the Dodger, a jewel thief, in Episode 15. There are no specific plans at the moment to bring him back, "but Andrew and I were watching James' first day of [shooting] and immediately vowed to bring him back. He's terrific," Guggenheim said. "The Dodger is a new type of adversary for us. He offers a slightly lighter touch than previous villains we've had on the show, but James really grounds him with an air of menace that makes the Dodger fit with the tone we've established in the first 14 episodes."
This sounds like it should be a fun episode.

Quote:
Supervillain alert: There will be a team-up between Deadshot and China White in Episode 16. Yes, Deadshot is not dead -- he's going to return with "an all-new look," Guggenheim said, and the show will address how he can do what he does with only one eye.
I look forward to seeing the new look of Deadshot, it surely can't fail to be an improvement.

Quote:
Thea's arc will change "fairly immediately" as the show begins to give her more things to do (more than complain, that is -- and fixing that repetitive problem was near the top of the writers' to-do list, Guggenheim said). In Wednesday's episode, "she has this terrific scene with [her mother] Moira, which takes all their previous scenes and turns them on their head," Guggenheim said. Thea (Willa Holland) will soon have more people in her orbit and a wider variety of storylines (including one in which she gets in trouble with the law).
Glad to see they will be expanding Thea's role.

Quote:
When will we see a GLBTQ character on "Arrow"? Yes, that's certainly on the producers' list of things to do. "As an out writer/producer, that's always important to me, but it's also equally important to do it in a way that's fresh and interesting," Berlanti said. What they want to do is have the character be someone who works with Oliver and someone viewers see regularly, not just a villain fans might see only a couple times per season. "Hopefully we'll get to introduce the character before the end of year," Berlanti added. "It's definitely high on our priority list."
What does the Q stand for?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Closed Thread