The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead

Old 10-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Kane52630
Animus Vox

Default Season 7, Episode 1 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" Discussion Thread

Trailer

Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Season 7, Episode 1 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" Discussion Thread

So the title of the Season 7 premiere wasn't "Right Hand Man" but a quote from Jenner just before he told Rick that they were all infected in the Season 1 finale. I guess 'Right Hand Man' was just the title of that sneak peek clip between Negan and Rick.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Kane52630
Animus Vox

Default Re: Season 7, Episode 1 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" Discussion Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
Drizzle
I'm just getting started

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

After all the hyping they've been doing in interviews, this better knock our socks off.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

We all felt the same with Last Day on Earth, and we know how that ended. Not that another gimmick would be an issue for these people so long as they ensure monster ratings for AMC, but we will see.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #7
Ctfxcwatcher
Side-Kick

I wonder what the ratings will be for the first episode. Will it surpass or be on par with the season 5 premiere? There was a lot of hypegoing into season 5 because of that big season 4 terminus cliffhanger. I do think season 7 has a lot more hype going for it than what season 6 had for it.

Ctfxcwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
Kane52630
Animus Vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
After all the hyping they've been doing in interviews, this better knock our socks off.
I just hope they don't shy away from the hits. Especially after all this build up and hate to say it but, we need to see some gore.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctfxcwatcher View Post
I wonder what the ratings will be for the first episode. Will it surpass or be on par with the season 5 premiere? There was a lot of hypegoing into season 5 because of that big season 4 terminus cliffhanger. I do think season 7 has a lot more hype going for it than what season 6 had for it.
I don't think it'll top the Season 5 premiere's ratings. That was a record high. 17.3 million viewers I believe. Nearly two seasons later and the ratings haven't came close to 17 million or over. There's a possibility that the ratings for the Season 7 premiere could surpass the Season 6 premiere. However the Season 6 finale had a ton of hype surrounding it but didn't surpass the ratings for both Season 4 and 5 finales.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #10
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I just hope they don't shy away from the hits. Especially after all this build up and hate to say it but, we need to see some gore.
Agreed.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #11
TheDreamMaster
Imperial Elite

Spoilers are out now for the episode. Won't post them unless people want to know, but their from TSDF's sources so it's nearly guaranteed to be legit.

"She is a vampire bat!"
"Was the joke that bad?"
TheDreamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #12
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Spoilers are out now for the episode. Won't post them unless people want to know, but their from TSDF's sources so it's nearly guaranteed to be legit.
I'm down to hear them

Old 10-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #13
TheDreamMaster
Imperial Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
I'm down to hear them
Alright. So SPOILERS.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Did I mention SPOILERS

Q& A for Episode 7 x 01.

Q: Who gets Lucilled?
A: Abe & then Glenn.

Q: Why does Negan kill the second victim?
A: Daryl gets angry because Negan taunts a crying Rosita. So he tries to get up and go at Negan. Negan has to prove he means what he says.

Q: Does Rick lose a hand?
A: No.

Q: What happens to Rick in the RV?
A: A lot of mind games from Negan. No physical injury to Rick by Negan although Negan does toss him into a small herd of walkers.

Q: Will the deaths be in flashbacks?
A: Kind of.

Q: Do we actually see the bashing? If so, when?
A: Yes. The episode should start just after the bashing occurs. That’s what we see in the sneak peek. About 20 minutes in, we should jump back to just before that and see how it happens. Then we will catch back up to present time.

Q: Does anything happen to Carl?
A: Negan tells Rick he must chop Carl's arm off so that he'll truly realize Negan is in control. Rick eventually becomes resigned to do it but at the last second, Negan stops him. Mind **** complete.

Q: What happens to Glenn & Abe's bodies?
A: Team family is forced to move the bodies into the truck themselves to be taken away to Hilltop.

Q: What's the deal with the whole "dream sequence” thing?
A: There are a few moments where Rick flashes to a non-existent future where Glenn and Abe are still alive and the entire group, including Maggie & Glenn's baby, are around the dinner table. (As well as a pregnant Sasha with Abe.)

"She is a vampire bat!"
"Was the joke that bad?"
Old 10-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #14
The Joker

I'm totally happy if it's Glenn and Abe who get killed. Glenn is a character's who death has true impact, and Abe is the coolest of the 'newer' characters in that line up so his death would be a shame.

- The Joker
Old 10-20-2016, 07:20 PM   #15
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
I'm totally happy if it's Glenn and Abe who get killed. Glenn is a character's who death has true impact, and Abe is the coolest of the 'newer' characters in that line up so his death would be a shame.
I agree with this. Although I will say

It sucks that we have yet another teaser death of Glenn in a sense. Even if Abe is the initial victim and then Glenn after him. I would've liked to seen his comic death in all its gorey glory in last seasons finale. But let's see how they show us this premiere if these spoilers are true.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #16
The Incredible Hulk
Bad Hombre

dammit why did I read that?

Old 10-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #17
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I normally avoid spoilers at all costs...but I'm so ready to just move past this scene that I didn't even hesitate to read them this time.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #18
Broseph44
Witness Me

The thing is they should've never left it a cliffhanger at all. Because I'm with you danyose I just wanna get past it at this point. The finale should've shown it. That way the premiere could start moving forward instead of now us having to revisit and answer it.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #19
ladystoneheart
Family. Duty. Mjölnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
The thing is they should've never left it a cliffhanger at all. Because I'm with you danyose I just wanna get past it at this point. The finale should've shown it. That way the premiere could start moving forward instead of now us having to revisit and answer it.
Agreed. The cliffhanger is a desperate attempt at higher ratings. So they turned a character's final moment into a gimmick, essentially.

It's even more annoying with the double deaths. They could've killed one last season, and one in the premiere. Instead they'll have to compete for attention, even though most of the audience will care more about Daryl being taken prisoner than Glenn or Abe dying.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #20
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post
Agreed. The cliffhanger is a desperate attempt at higher ratings. So they turned a character's final moment into a gimmick, essentially.

It's even more annoying with the double deaths. They could've killed one last season, and one in the premiere. Instead they'll have to compete for attention, even though most of the audience will care more about Daryl being taken prisoner than Glenn or Abe dying.
Exactly it's become a gimmick which is a shame.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:12 AM   #21
harlequinade
Side-Kick

There is a leaked pic already and who knows if the scene won't be leaked

Old 10-22-2016, 08:58 PM   #22
Art Vandelay
Side-Kick

Either footage of the premiere has leaked, or an alternate take has leaked, but holy ****. I won't post the link, but you can find it on youtube.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #23
TheDreamMaster
Imperial Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Either footage of the premiere has leaked, or an alternate take has leaked, but holy ****. I won't post the link, but you can find it on youtube.
I'm calling alternate take, because the spoilers I posted earlier are also backed up by the actors not being on set nearly at all. The one in the leaked clip was seen filming several times. It was reported at one point they filmed 11 death scenes, to throw people off. I have to assume this is one.

"She is a vampire bat!"
"Was the joke that bad?"
Old 10-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #24
The Joker

I've just seen the leaked clip. They have balls of steel if its Maggie they kill off.

- The Joker
Old 10-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #25
Great Cthulhu
Side-Kick

It's gotta be part of the dream sequence.

This episode is going to be incredible and traumatic at the same time.

Great Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote