Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #701
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Default Re: Elder Scrolls V - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Hahaha, thats pretty funny. Never seen that happen.
Oh yeah it was a complete "Uh wha...?" type moment for me when this Bandit Chief came out and started hitting me with nothing but air and doing some pretty decent damage as you can see. I had to record it.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- All I see are people who are making me the unhappiest that I've been in decades. I'd rather be alone than make disrespectful jerks happy.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #702
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post

Off topic warning: Spartacus is kinda let down for me.can't quite figure out what it is that makes it less...enjoyable than the previous seasons for me.

Watching that history channel new series, Vikings...as well as just finished watching the 13th warrior movie makes me wanna play Skyrim again after a few weeks breaks.

Oh and if those things doesn't makes you wanna play Skyrim again, i'd recommend reading The Northlander comics to get your Dovaahkin blood pumping again!. Highly recommended!
Oh man, I love Spartacus. Definitely not to be taken seriously, it's just a visceral feast of violence.

As for Northlander I would love to read it, but it came out around the time I had to stop buying comics. When I'm in a position to get comics regularly again, Northlander will definitely be on my pull list.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #703
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Northlanders is just an amazing comic series.period.

The series just recently ended, so you can pick up the trades.It's an anthology series, so every storyline would have different story theme,different main characters, different artist, but always the same writer...Brian Wood.

My favourite has got to be one that's called the plague widow...such moving, sad story. It stayed with me for days! hehe

Like i said, highly recommended.

As for Spartacus...i freakin' Loved the first two seasons, and the mini-blood and sand.
But this last season...i dunno. Myabe my expectations were too high,but i just can't get into the story yet. it feels like the story moves at such a snail pace with no real tension. That said, the last ep. with Gannicus was great though.

Btw, what do you think of that new series Vikings over at the history channel?

Old 03-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #704
James
Built from Lego

Brian Wood is a good writer, his DMZ series was pretty intense. Grabbing Northlanders in TPB is a great idea, much better than having the floppies!

Regarding Vikings, I started a thread on it over in the TV section a week or two back

I really love the whole Nordic/Viking culture, which I think has a lot to do with why my current Skyrim character is my favorite so far. My first character was also a Nord, but I imagined he'd been away since early childhood so didn't really adhere to the traditions and Nordic way of life. With my current character I really threw him into the thick of it, a proud Nord who was raised in Skyrim, proud and a very traditional fellow.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #705
KevanG
Brony

The only shared issue between this and the Fallout games that I have is that there's no way to upgrade your followers beyond equipment. They have base stats and those barely get any better over the game no matter how much they level with you. I hate the fact that in Skyrim you can't give J'Zargo better spells. I'd love for him to get access to Master level destruction spells or Lydia to get any spells. Giving them staffs is fine, if they use them.

Edit: I just got to the halfway point in Discerning the Transmundane where you need to get the blood. I see they updated the visuals for Hermaeus Mora, the Wretched Abyss. Holy crap. I expected the swirly black hole like before and I forgot about him so I wasn't paying attention to it. I look up and I see this mass of eyes and tentacles reaching out. I'll freely admit I jumped. That's a great update to the game. Have they done anything else like that update?

#saveWontkinsMom

Last edited by KevanG; 03-11-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #706
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

I don't know if any of you have tolerated Cicero and his mindless ravings to learn this but he duels wields magic staffs if you give them to him.

- All I see are people who are making me the unhappiest that I've been in decades. I'd rather be alone than make disrespectful jerks happy.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #707
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Hehe..still can't see what you like about that creepy guy

Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #708
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Im not sure i recall him, but then again, iv killed a LOT of strange ppl in Skyrim.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #709
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

He's the clown guy from the dark brotherhood. The one who's carrying around a coffin

Old 03-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #710
James
Built from Lego

I play on 360 so I can't use mods, but this is really cool. It's a mod that changes Skyrim from a land of snow and ice to a tropical paradise. According to the article even a lot of the creatures are changed to be sunnier counterparts, bears become pandas, etc. You can spot a couple of colourful birds throughout the video.

I'm really impressed. Makes it look like a whole new game, I barely recognized most of the locations.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #711
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Yea that is really well done. I dont much care for the locale tho. I prefer the whole 'middle earth' look when it comes to these fantasy RPG's.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #712
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
He's the clown guy from the dark brotherhood. The one who's carrying around a coffin
Ah, yea i wiped them all out after that chick kidnapped me in the middle of the night. I wish she would of known i was a werewolf. Things would of gone over a lot smoother for her.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #713
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Quote:
Hehe..still can't see what you like about that creepy guy
I guess he really appeals to my inner Goth or my Harley Quinn fandomship. *shrugs*

Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #714
KevanG
Brony

I usually take him along with me when I have a list of places that need nothing but murderin'. Beyond that I usually bring Janessa as she compliments my sneak thief archer build.

#saveWontkinsMom

Last edited by KevanG; 03-14-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #715
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Has there been any rumors about more DLC for this game? I heard rumors about a 'Redguard' DLC, did that ever come to fruition?

Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #716
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

I don't know about DLC but I have a creepy thing going on in my Falkreath home. Apparently the Armor Mannequin upstairs likes to creepily come to life every once in awhile. I'll come back from a Quest and it will be in a different position than when I left it. I once caught it standing in the middle of the floor and then walking all normal like back to its pedestal. Apparently if you search this up on Youtube there are videos of this very creepy occurrence. I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's a programmed Easter Egg but crap it's unnerving to see that dead eyed mannequin walking around.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #717
James
Built from Lego

What the hell?!

Does this only happen on PC, or is it common on all versions? That's pretty crazy if it's not a mod. I can only imagine that Bethesda created a special NPC to act as the mannequins and it's AI glitches out occasionally. Kind of cool though, because it works the the Elder Scrolls for any number of reasons -haunted, daedra, etc.

Also, is it only in the Falkreath home? I'm not in Falkreath, but if I catch any mannequins strolling around, I'm moving house!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #718
Cosmic
Theosophist

I played this game for 4 hours straight, last night. You're always on the verge of completing some new task or quest...always making progress in gaining skills, experience, gear or treasure. It's a fantastic game. It really draws me in, maybe too much. This is probably why I quit playing it a year ago, when my work days started getting longer.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #719
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

^^Bethesda games and your social life don't mix well together.It's true.

Quote:
I don't know about DLC but I have a creepy thing going on in my Falkreath home. Apparently the Armor Mannequin upstairs likes to creepily come to life every once in awhile. I'll come back from a Quest and it will be in a different position than when I left it. I once caught it standing in the middle of the floor and then walking all normal like back to its pedestal. Apparently if you search this up on Youtube there are videos of this very creepy occurrence. I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's a programmed Easter Egg but crap it's unnerving to see that dead eyed mannequin walking around.
Hehe...it's a well known glitch with mannequins.I've had the same glitch with mannequins in the Solitude home once.Though i've never caught them walking around.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 AM   #720
KevanG
Brony

Well I can't really complain about the game too much anymore. They gave me my favorite enchantment back. I got me my waterwalking back.

The only issue I really have anymore is having Esbern and Serana in my group together. It seems to be every other fight and they're friendly firing each other and then it goes to total war between them. With my 0 Magicka cost Destructo Mage and those two, everything dies in a hail of fire and lightning.

It looks kinda sad when after annihilating a dragon and a full bandit camp we have a full out war in the party. It must mean we're almost family. No one hurts us but each other.

Somehow I've also managed to glitch my dragonscale armor in giving me infinite stamina. It's at legendary with 108 armour and has Magicka regenerates 22% faster and increases stamina by 22 points but never runs out. It'll drop to 0 but will keep going. Anyone else get that?

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #721
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

That's the issue with companions from different holds/area...they are not 'friends' with each other, so they don't take crap from each other so to speak. If you got Aela and Lydia for example, they're both from Whiterun, they're flagged as either friends or allies with each other, so they don't aggro each other as quickly.

Serana is more powerful than most realized. At lower level , she's more than capable of clearing an entire dungeon on her own, so to speak. She's got powerful drainlife, ice spike ( which is replaced by something more powerful as you level up) and of course she can re animate almost anything.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #722
James
Built from Lego

I think it'd be kind of need if companions had their own leveling system. So if they kill something, the NPC gets the XP. At least that way the kill isn't entirely wasted, because the player never gets it anyway.

Of course this could also be frustrating if you're a high level and you take a low level companion into a dangerous place because they'd be killed quickly. I guess it would require some careful management.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #723
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

New Vegas really took their whole companion system in the right direction - I was more than a bit sad that Skyrim didn't continue with it. Hopefully they'll rethink that in Fallout 4. I really liked what they did with Serana for example, maybe add some more mechanics and such and we'll be in business.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 03-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #724
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Well New Vegas was Obsidian, and was probably being done at the same time Skyrim was already being worked on. But there's still hope for F4.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #725
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Ya know, I would have been totally fine with Obsidian making F4 while Bethesda continues with the Scrolls games.

Still looking forward to F4 though.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Closed Thread