Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #626
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: The unESCABLE DC Boards Lounge 9.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
And to most liberals, "gun control" means take away all guns or at the very least make it very hard for someone to legally get one.

Ask Nubs how that worked out for him living in Chicago.
Depends on how you define "very hard". I don't know most liberals but IMO, you want to own an AK or some other ridiculous gun that has no real use other than for recreational activities? Better get ready for a migraine. Or, just buy one off a guy on the street.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #627
lixdexia
Blood Angels

eh, if you want to own an ak i say go for it. after the first guy gets hit the damn thing will jam.

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #628
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
yep, that's how the system works.

why don't we compromise and say that convicted felons can't own firearms?...we did that? oh. and they're still getting the firearms?...huh. it's almost as if gun control laws are largely ineffective and only really effect responsible, law abiding citizens.

you want to curb gun violence then we need to stop romanticizing it. work away from heroes like the punisher and create an environment where heroes solve their problems through non-violent means. that's not going to happen though.
Oh yes, the "criminals will get one anyway" argument. How I've missed you. Yeah, sorry thats how it works for every law in the book. People who actually follow the laws will always get ****ed. It's the price you pay for being a law abiding citizen. Here's the thing I don't understand, laws and regulations aren't supposed to make things easier, I don't know where people got this idea from. It's why you never hear anyone ever go "Man, I'm so happy I'm going to the DMV tomorrow!"

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #629
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Did someone say jam?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #630
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Oh yes, the "criminals will get one anyway" argument. How I've missed you. Yeah, sorry thats how it works for every law in the book. People who actually follow the laws will always get ****ed. It's the price you pay for being a law abiding citizen. Here's the thing I don't understand, laws and regulations aren't supposed to make things easier, I don't know where people got this idea from. It's why you never hear anyone ever go "Man, I'm so happy I'm going to the DMV tomorrow!"
which is why i tend to oppose them. as an american, i feel that if it doesn't infringe on someone else's liberties then i should be free to do it. me owning an anti-tank missile doesn't infringe on ****, but a law that prohibits me from doing so does limit my liberty.

i'm pro-freedom. why are you anti-freedom roger? why do you hate apple pie, and puppies, and grandmas?

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #631
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
which is why i tend to oppose them. as an american, i feel that if it doesn't infringe on someone else's liberties then i should be free to do it. me owning an anti-tank missile doesn't infringe on ****, but a law that prohibits me from doing so does limit my liberty.

i'm pro-freedom. why are you anti-freedom roger? why do you hate apple pie, and puppies, and grandmas?
I just hate something that allows AssAss to own an AK.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #632
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
I just hate something that allows AssAss to own an AK.
why? and what then gives you authority to decide what he can and can't do?

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #633
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Do you really want AssAss walking around with an AK?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #634
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Are you gonna bless the rains down in africa?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #635
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
i don't really give two ****s. whatever he does isn't going to prevent me from going about my business. besides if you want to be afraid of something, think about what any half way intelligent ******* can do for significantly less than the cost of an ak with access to a hardware store. i mean ****, if i wanted to kill someone there are literally lethal weapons within arms reach anywhere on the planet.

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #636
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
i don't really give two ****s. whatever he does isn't going to prevent me from going about my business. besides if you want to be afraid of something, think about what any half way intelligent ******* can do for significantly less than the cost of an ak with access to a hardware store. i mean ****, if i wanted to kill someone there are literally lethal weapons within arms reach anywhere on the planet.
We should ban frying pans.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #637
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
We should ban frying pans.
but not all frying pans, just the ones that kill people

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #638
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

Quote:
I can go get one right now from ***** for $400

I don't want one. I'm happy with my pistols.

Edit:

haha Dick's Sporting Goods is banned?

Last edited by Assassin; 04-10-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #639
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

Quote:
When I say very hard i mean like how hard it is to get one in Chicago or NY. I shouldn't have to plead my case and say, well sir i work in Detroit, I've been robbed twice. Next time I might not be so lucky.

No. **** you. second amendment.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #640
lixdexia
Blood Angels

i also support the death penalty for murder cases with irrefutable evidence. but you have to keep your standard for that one pretty high or you're going to start killing innocent people.

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #641
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
When I say very hard i mean like how hard it is to get one in Chicago or NY. I shouldn't have to plead my case and say, well sir i work in Detroit, I've been robbed twice. Next time I might not be so lucky.

No. **** you. second amendment.
The spirit of the second amendment as written by our founding fathers is lost today. Someone should update the 2nd amendment to read "The right to bear arms because **** you, that's why."

Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #642
lixdexia
Blood Angels

the spirit of the second ammendment is "y'all should go get guns, because at some point you're probably going to have to defend yourself, or overthrow the government."

dictated, not read.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #643
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

If Magaret Thatcher had access to an AK she wouldn't be dead

Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #644
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
the spirit of the second ammendment is "y'all should go get guns, because at some point you're probably going to have to defend yourself, or overthrow the government."
A lot more the second part, a lot less the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
If Magaret Thatcher had access to an AK she wouldn't be dead
She isn't dead.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 AM   #645
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

Quote:
eh, if you want to own an ak i say go for it. after the first guy gets hit the damn thing will jam.
And the recoil bites like a ***** if I may add. Well maintained ones shoot pretty well but unless you are more or less groomed to handle that specific weapon for a long long time anytime you switch from one type of rifle to the fire of an AK-47 you get a mild case of 'Oh yeah, AK-47. OK' and you more or less need to change your handling posture. Trained on 4 different rifles myself ending with the SAR-21. AK felt most satisfying to fire, M-16 gave the least problems but always felt off maybe because it lacked the weight, Steyr AUG felt completely alien in terms of weight/handling/firing and the SAR....well...bless the SAR.

That said, I've have NEVER been a proponent of arming a civilian population under the pretense of personal safety. Unless you are a farmer living in wolf/bear/honey badger prone country, you shouldn't own a firearm because you'll more than likely get it stolen from the same people you armed yourself against in the first place, or it gets used in tragic emotion driven violence that got worse because guns were in the picture.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #646
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I'd just kill the badger with a pointy rock, failing that I'd try and reason with him mammal to mammal.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #647
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

If anyone lives in a metropolitan city, why the f**k would you need an automatic rifle for?

Anyway, I don't think gun control is as much the problem as is decreasing unemployment and looking more into our mental health system. Limiting guns is a short term solution that will only send people looking for the black market. I remember when I was in Virginia, I could get all kinds of guns and weapons at flea markets!

What annoys me more are media outlets and politicians blaming video games for gun violence despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. And now we're wasting more money into looking into a nonexistent link between video games and violence. It's a scapegoat that time and time again will prove to be false.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.

Last edited by Parker Wayne; 04-11-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #648
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
If anyone lives in a metropolitan city, why the f**k would you need an automatic rifle for?
for whatever reason they want, why is that any of your business?

dictated, not read.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #649
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Because he has to live next door to them.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #650
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I suggest he not step on his neighbors lawn.

Closed Thread