Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #251
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So MOS wouldn't be a "must see" for you if Nolan wasn't attached?
I'm not saying that, although i do feel alot better that Nolan was involved.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #252
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Trying to predict the day they'll released based on the current speed is silly IMO.

It went plenty fast that first day, I don't see why we shouldn't expect them to speed it up again when it gets closer to the day they want to release it.
True, but...do we have anything better to do?

They could speed it up and have it unlock on Dec 4 when the countdown ends. I was just saying that IF it keeps going like this, then they'll probably reveal it the same week we get the trailer.

Either way, we're getting a new trailer in about 3 weeks and that's all I care about at this point. Anything else (new poster, promo pics...) is just a bonus.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #253
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
Absolutely! Everyone I have talked to have said it becomes a must see because of nolan's involvement. this next trailer definitely needs to deliver though like the comic con footage.
Definitely, I think it will considering Snyder called it crazy. I still think WBs missed a trick not using the CC footage as the teaser trailer that ending 'what do you think?' was the perfect ending to the trailer.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #254
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
So MOS wouldn't be a "must see" for you if Nolan wasn't attached?
We're not saying that at all but Nolan's name been attached will definitely get the generic fans interested coming off the back of the popularity of the Dark Knight trilogy.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #255
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
We're not saying that at all but Nolan's name been attached will definitely get the generic fans interested coming off the back of the popularity of the Dark Knight trilogy.
thank you for explaining that to him!

and we need the general public to make this film a success. i work in ibanking and you can have the greatest company in the world, but if the market doesnt recognize the same value, then you are out of luck, there is no value for perceived value (unless the perception is from someone making an offer)

same priciples apply here. MOS could have the greatest cast, scipt, visuals etc etc, but if the gp doesnt go to see it.....20 years until another superman movie

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #256
bgshw44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely, I think it will considering Snyder called it crazy. I still think WBs missed a trick not using the CC footage as the teaser trailer that ending 'what do you think?' was the perfect ending to the trailer.
perfect ending. and nolan, snyder, wb & co are not stupid. the countdown to MOS is on, and they need to deliver. clearly the movie has the potential based on what we saw with the cc footage. now show the same potential to the masses

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #257
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Watching the first 2 original Superman films. Reeve had amazing charisma. Hope Cavill can have at least half of that charisma.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #258
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

To be honest whilst I liked the teaser but a lot if us thought it needed to be more if this next trailer is explosive no one will even remember the teaser anyway.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #259
shauner111
Side-Kick

i imagine the trailer will be the bulk of the comic-con footage with some great new stuff as well. You take that footage to the masses and throw Nolans name on there, and this movie will spark a MASSIVE interest. Look at the cast and who's writing this thing. The comic-con teaser in itself would be a great thing to release before The Hobbit...now imagine more footage on top of that. It's gonna be unreal.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #260
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
i imagine the trailer will be the bulk of the comic-con footage with some great new stuff as well. You take that footage to the masses and throw Nolans name on there, and this movie will spark a MASSIVE interest. Look at the cast and who's writing this thing. The comic-con teaser in itself would be a great thing to release before The Hobbit...now imagine more footage on top of that. It's gonna be unreal.
Totally agree

Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #261
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Wow 69%...big stepping

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #262
echostation
Banned User

so the predicted rottentomatoes score by WB goes slowly up

Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #263
sup101
Side-Kick

Nolan is not what got me interested in this movie and many other people feel the same way.

As a matter of fact some people don't like that he's involved because they don't wanna see a grounded approach.I like the grounded approach.The fantasy elements will be there because it's superman.This will be avengers meets the dark knight.

Just listening to henry, amy, shannon and snyder talk about the movie And knowing that they won't be copying christopher reeve and the donnerverse got me really interested.We know we getting something fresh and it will be action unlike superman returns.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #264
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Nolan is not what got me interested in this movie and many other people feel the same way.

As a matter of fact some people don't like that he's involved because they don't wanna see a grounded approach.I like the grounded approach.The fantasy elements will be there because it's superman.This will be avengers meets the dark knight.

Just listening to henry, amy, shannon and snyder talk about the movie And knowing that they won't be copying christopher reeve and the donnerverse got me really interested.We know we getting something fresh and it will be action unlike superman returns.

Exactly, while the first 2 reeve films were great, and Chris's fantastic portrayal will forever live on, i'm so glad we are getting a fresh, new take on the Superman story. Returns downfall was trying to be a sequel to the reeve trilogy. Singer should of just rebooted and started fresh.
I'm so excited for this film, Superman 1978 was the first film i ever saw as a kid and it got me into film-making ( which is now my major in college) I connect so highly with the character's ideas and beliefs and at the end of the day i truly know we are finally getting a great new take on the character.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #265
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Exactly, while the first 2 reeve films were great, and Chris's fantastic portrayal will forever live on, i'm so glad we are getting a fresh, new take on the Superman story. Returns downfall was trying to be a sequel to the reeve trilogy. Singer should of just rebooted and started fresh.
I'm so excited for this film, Superman 1978 was the first film i ever saw as a kid and it got me into film-making ( which is now my major in college) I connect so highly with the character's ideas and beliefs and at the end of the day i truly know we are finally getting a great new take on the character.
100% agree with you about SR.

Whilst I loved it when it came out and still do, there are something's that bother me so much which could have been avoided if it were a reboot.

Just think if it was a reboot, we could have had a trilogy by now lol.

But I'm glad we have what we are getting and the trailer for MOS will only hype me up more!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #266
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el1990 View Post
100% agree with you about SR.

Whilst I loved it when it came out and still do, there are something's that bother me so much which could have been avoided if it were a reboot.

Just think if it was a reboot, we could have had a trilogy by now lol.

But I'm glad we have what we are getting and the trailer for MOS will only hype me up more!
I feel so good about this new film ! I love everyone involved cast and crew. I kinda lost my **** when i heard Amy Adams was playing Lois, because she's such a talented actress and i know she'll have no problems bringing Lois's feisty side out.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #267
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I feel so good about this new film ! I love everyone involved cast and crew. I kinda lost my **** when i heard Amy Adams was playing Lois, because she's such a talented actress and i know she'll have no problems bringing Lois's feisty side out.
Yeah I think the cast is great!

I'm actually really excited to see Lawrence Fishburne as Perry! I think that's going to turn out to be an amazing choice.

And Russell as Jor - El! Man you can already tell from his voice in the trailer he's going to be epic!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #268
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I thought the word going around is that this will be pretty much entirely new footage??

oh, and the rate that this "reveal" is going.........a simple picture/poster just won't cut it, now. They better release the actual trailer!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #269
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Snyder interview at NYPost

Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #270
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
“The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time,” Snyder says. “I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, ‘You can’t have the briefs on him.’ I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on.”“If you look at the costume, it’s very modern, but the relationship to the original costume is strong,” Snyder says.

“You come onto a project like this, and you hear about modernization and you hear about bringing things forward to today, and all you can do is hope that it’s going to look cool and different from
anything you’ve seen before,”
Synder on Costume

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #271
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Man i cannot wait until all the marketing stuff starts up and we start getting pictures, clips etc.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #272
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Me neither but to the generic audience/non-Superman fans its an important aspect of marketing that WBs needs to exploit and will. MOS has to do well at the box office and there's many people who aren't interested in the character at all some because they never have been or were turned off by the previous film etc, that's who the film has to be sold too and Nolan's name is a good place to start.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #273
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

And Henry confirmed he's signed for 3 films. God, it would be awesome to finally get 3 solid Sup films.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #274
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Cavill confirms he is signed up for three films. Snyder is mum about directing more.“I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”
When asked whether he had conversations with the studio about integrating “Man of Steel” into a larger superhero universe, Snyder treads carefully.
“Um, how can I answer that?” he wonders. “I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”
Interesting!

Especially happy about the first line

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #275
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Very very interesting even hints Cavill may be involved with JL.

Closed Thread