Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #151
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'm not really that worried about that aspect. If they're headed somewhat in the direction I'd be going myself, which it sounds like they are, then we should be safe, and that direction should be great.
If I may ask, what direction would you go if it were up to you?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #152
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Geez, how on earth has this thread turned into such a whining gloom fest? Be gloomy if the trailer sucks or something but right now its to early for the doom and gloom. People are putting to much on this game.
i know lol i the entitlement is strong in this thread lol

Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #153
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If I may ask, what direction would you go if it were up to you?
The good one.

It's really a longer answer, so it'd take some time having to write it up.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #154
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I only found out recently that The Hobbit comes out on the 14th Dec and not boxing day that I had thought. It has made me immensely happy today knowing that we will get a trailer in 3 weeks!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #155
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yep, I almost cant belive it's finally coming down. Looking at the CC-footage I also cant imagine the new trailer being anything less which means the Superman for the next generation is gonna be a wild one. There'll be some serious attitude and asskicking in that trailer on the 14th and the whole world is finally gonna see.

Last edited by Rust; 11-24-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #156
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Yep, I almost cant belive it's finally coming down. Looking at the CC-footage I also cant imagine the new trailer being anything less which means the Superman for the next generation is gonna be a wild one. There'll be some serious asskicking in that trailer on the 14th and the whole is finally gonna see.
Indeed; can't believe that the last trailer that we had came out back in July.

I hope that with the release of the newest trailer, it'll end up being vanguard in Warner Bros. kicking off their promotion for the film by releasing a few new stills as well.

For the last 5-6 months we've been passing by with just analyzing the same old info that we've had for over a year.lol.

I also hope that the new trailer has the same emotional impact that the comic Con one had but with enough umph with the visuals that it gets people interested.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #157
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I really hope they release it on Friday instead of waiting until Monday. I think the teaser was released on Monday, as did most of the Batman trailers (I remember the final TDKR trailer being released on a Friday). Waiting until Monday means we'll definitely see a camera version first and I wouldn't want that.I won't be able to resist and I really want to see it in HD for the first time.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #158
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed; can't believe that the last trailer that we had came out back in July.

I hope that with the release of the newest trailer, it'll end up being vanguard in Warner Bros. kicking off their promotion for the film by releasing a few new stills as well.

For the last 5-6 months we've been passing by with just analyzing the same old info that we've had for over a year.lol.

I also hope that the new trailer has the same emotional impact that the comic Con one had but with enough umph with the visuals that it gets people interested.
If Zack Snyder says the trailer is 'crazy' I believe him. Didn't we discuss before how he cuts his own trailers? I think this is gonna be the all-in trailer. The expensive FX shots will be done now. We'll see a glimpse of the full-scale conflict of this movie for sure. The amazing visuals for Krypton. Snyder's really good at framing and composition. We're gonna get some big money shots. The unsuspecting masses will be drooling in their seats and forget all about some wasted 9 mins of their time with some silly Star Trek prologue and then wonder why they're watching silly little Hobbitses. Bring on June 14 they'll say!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #159
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Yep, I almost cant belive it's finally coming down. Looking at the CC-footage I also cant imagine the new trailer being anything less which means the Superman for the next generation is gonna be a wild one. There'll be some serious asskicking in that trailer on the 14th and the whole is finally gonna see.
Really looking forward to this Preview of MOS. I think we'll finally get to see Supes in some real action on the big screen. I was supposed to go to SDCC but gave my tickets up because of work. (tear)

I really want to be there for the crowd reaction first hand. I may even catch a midnight showing of the Hobbit with my free ticket. I am watching Peter Jackson's latest video blog right now and it's got me looking forward to the movie now! Weta's digital artist are amazing! At first I was ok with seeing the movie but was more motivated to see it in 3D for MOS. But now, after watching that blog, I am pumped to watch the Hobbit for the graphics alone... For obvious reasons.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #160
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
If Zack Snyder says the trailer is 'crazy' I believe him. Didn't we discuss before how he cuts his own trailers? I think this is gonna be the all-in trailer. The expensive FX shots will be done now. We'll see a glimpse of the full-scale conflict of this movie for sure. The amazing visuals for Krypton. Snyder's really good at framing and composition. We're gonna get some big money shots. The unsuspecting masses will be drooling in their seats and forget all about some wasted 9 mins of their time with some silly Star Trek prologue and then wonder why they're watching silly little Hobbitses. Bring on June 14 they'll say!
True that; I just meant in the sense where the trailer will also convey that MOS won't simply be about the visuals and effects and will have heart to the story that's being told. I thought that the CC trailer really conveyed that very well.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #161
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
True that; I just meant in the sense where the trailer will also convey that MOS won't simply be about the visuals and effects and will have heart to the story that's being told. I thought that the CC trailer really conveyed that very well.
It did, and I'm really hoping this trailer will as well. People have to care, people have to be moved, so that has to remain and I'm sure it will. As I'm sure people'll have their teeth knocked out.

MOS looks like it'll be a crazy modern mix of Superman, TDK-trilogy, Thor, Battle:LA, LOTR and Star Wars and who wouldnt wanna see that outcome?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #162
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Don't bother. I just shared it on FB 1,025 times. Still at 64%.
... Logically, that should be enough to stop me... and yet...

Quote:
Agreed. I wanna see enough action to be pumped. But I still wanna get that sense of 'taking Superman seriously' that they keep talking about.

Man i'm so freaking excited!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #163
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It did, and I'm really hoping this trailer will as well. People have to care, people have to be moved, so that has to remain and I'm sure it will. As I'm sure people'll have their teeth knocked out.

MOS looks like it'll be a crazy modern mix of Superman, TDK-trilogy, Thor, Battle:LA, LOTR and Star Wars and who wouldnt wanna see that outcome?
If the film really does turn out to be a mixture of those, let alone one that utilizes all of the right materials efficiently, then we have something very special in stored for us folks.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #164
GreenKToo
In the fire

The wait will (hopefully) be worth it.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #165
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:

Where do you get the LOTR from?

Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #166
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Where do you get the LOTR from?
The grander mythology-arch and the neo-medieval design-concept. I'm guessing the kryptonians might have that old-fashioned code of honor in everything they do as well.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #167
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Maybe he mentioned LOTR because of Weta Digital visual effects. Otherwise. I don't see LOTR or Star Wars. As long as it's not similar to Superman Returns than I'll be satisfied. I think.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #168
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

This trailer will **** on lives

Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #169
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
This trailer will **** on lives
Preach it, brother. There's too many of the right elements in place for this movie to not fail to be what we want.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #170
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Preach it, brother. There's too many of the right elements in place for this movie to not fail to be what we want.

Basically this, this is the Superman film I've been always waiting for. I can feel it. So many talented people collaborating on this.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #171
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
I don't really understand why you're ignoring what everyone is telling you. It's not difficult to understand.
For starters, not "all" of you are saying the same things

I personally don't understand what's so clever about about a studio purposefully suppressing a "buzz/hype" meter to a film they are trying to build "buzz/hype" for. I've never seen it happen and I don't think it's a good move. Does anyone here seem to think otherwise? If so, perhaps I don't get it.

Imagine if they kept this going a full year? Would the error become more clear then?

Last edited by Marvin; 11-24-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #172
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

64% still...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #173
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I personally don't understand what's so clever about about a studio purposefully suppressing a "buzz/hype" meter to a film they are trying to build "buzz/hype" for. I've never seen it happen and I don't think it's a good move. Does anyone here seem to think otherwise? If so, perhaps I don't get it.
A very similar thing happened in their marketing for TDKR. And that film had plenty of buzz / hype.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #174
the last son
Side-Kick

I'm going to do all I can to not watch this trailer. Watching TDKR trailers kind of ruined the movie for me. I'm going to try to work some OT to make sure I never see the trailer

Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #175
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

You won't go see the Hobbit then?

Closed Thread