The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #76
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
Another reason is that Spider-Man is considered a vigilante during the course of TASM. If Fury did approach Spidey, it likely wouldn't have been until after Spider-Man fought The Lizard. Hell, Fury would have no way to deduce that Peter is Spider-Man anyway, so for all he knows Spider-Man could be old enough to join S.H.I.E.L.D... but it still stands, that S.H.I.E.L.D probably wouldn't want to associate themselves with Spidey.
Fury wouldn't be able to deduce who Spidey is, really?!?! Fury would just have to ask this version of Spidey, he's totally willing to tell anyone who will listen who he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
I have an Avengers DVD stand where I have all my MCU films on it, and I have The Amazing Spider-Man up on it. That's how firm my belief is that it takes place in the MCU, just the very fact OsCorp WAS going to show up in the MCU is enough for me along with the talks of TASM2 possibly having Easter eggs.
Do you have any concrete proof of this, anyone from the production saying this? You keep talking about this like it's gospel, but there's no proof of it. I think if they wanted to do that, it would've happened, the after credits scene was shot after production wrapped on the movie. I don't think it'd be tough to insert a nod to Oscorp in the grand scope of how much work went into this movie.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #77
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I believe Matt Tolmach said a while back that they did indeed intend for Oscorp Tower to be in the skyline in the Avengers, but they couldn't do it because the design wasn't finalized in time or something like that. I'll try to find the interview.

EDIT: Best I could do, I remember reading the full interview a while back but I can't find it. http://latino-review.com/2012/06/11/...avengers-sort/

Last edited by VenomSpawn; 11-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.
VenomSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #78
AF3619
WOOO!

and EHHEM the designer died

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #79
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
Who died?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #80
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

J. Michael Riva. He designed the Oscorp Tower, among a **** load of other things in other movies.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #81
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
J. Michael Riva. He designed the Oscorp Tower, among a **** load of other things in other movies.
exactly

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #82
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
What I meant to say is that they don't believe in rebooting the stories they already have (so if Robert Downey Jr. leaves, they will just replace him and continue making more films). But yes, if they create a new Spider-Man continuity then it would be a reboot. But we definitely won't see another origin story.
That's actually what I want from Spider-Man in the movies. I want to see a James Bond loose continuity franchise established eventually down the line. It works great for Bond and Disney already planned for the Iron Man and Star Wars franchises to be the same. Spider-Man and Batman are the ones who need the James Bond treatment the most IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Fury wouldn't be able to deduce who Spidey is, really?!?! Fury would just have to ask this version of Spidey, he's totally willing to tell anyone who will listen who he is.
Of course he is willing to do that. As proven by the bridge scene where crane dad asked him who he said and he replies saying "I'm Spider-Man".

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Do you have any concrete proof of this, anyone from the production saying this? You keep talking about this like it's gospel, but there's no proof of it. I think if they wanted to do that, it would've happened, the after credits scene was shot after production wrapped on the movie. I don't think it'd be tough to insert a nod to Oscorp in the grand scope of how much work went into this movie.
http://blastr.com/2012/06/the-amazing-spider-manave.php

You can find a lot more articles like this one on Google by searching something among the lines of "Avengers Amazing Spider-Man Oscorp building cameo".

Also, the after credits scene is irrelevant to this entire topic. The Oscorp building was going to appear in New York's skyline during the third act of the movie, when the Avengers were battling the alien invasion. That is before the after-credits scene. The reason the Oscorp building didn't appear was because the design of the Oscorp building wasn't finished by the time The Avengers finished filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
Didn't know that .

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #83
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That's actually what I want from Spider-Man in the movies. I want to see a James Bond loose continuity franchise established eventually down the line. It works great for Bond and Disney already planned for the Iron Man and Star Wars franchises to be the same. Spider-Man and Batman are the ones who need the James Bond treatment the most IMO.
I agree. I think Spider-Man needed another origin story though, since they wanted to go in an entirely different direction. Raimi has a campy style to his films, and they wanted to avoid that. With Webb, I feel like any new director could take over after this trilogy is over without needing to "separate" itself from this series.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #84
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Strength has nothing to do with being knocked out.
What I mean is,Iron Man can knock him out if the police did it so easily

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #85
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel might want the same thing for the movies and thus before they unleash Thanos in live-action, they're probably trying to expand their universe as much as possible with as many characters as they can (that they have the rights to, of course) while trying to get the permission to use some of the characters they don't have the film rights to such as Spider-Man. It's not that big of a stretch IMO. Almost every Marvel superhero has been in or fought alongside the Avengers at least once in the comics. As long as Avengers 2 or 3 or whichever Avengers sequel they plan to do this in doesn't have too many characters in it to the point where you won't get a chance to develop them, this shouldn't be a problem.

There is one thing though that I do fear for Spider-Man if he does appear in an Avengers film. Someone said that Spidey is too big of a character for Avengers and I think that is true. Notice how whenever he appears in an Avengers book or in a big event, he is usually used as comic relief. That is not the way I want to see him get treated. Another problem you might run into with having Spider-Man in Avengers that I just thought of while typing this (lol) is that many people will complain he was underused. He is Marvel's most popular character and most people will be excited for him the most and will want him to play a major part (just like how Iron Man being the most popular character in Avengers was one of the factors to why he saved the day in the end) but at the same time, you can't have Spidey play too big of a part because he was never a big-shot in the Marvel universe to begin with and doesn't carry the weight Iron Man, Cap, and Thor carry. I'm not saying you can't have a well written Spider-Man in Avengers; just that it's going to be difficult. But then again, a lot of stuff originally seen as difficult to do was pulled off very well by the MCU.

I would personally have Spidey be one of the major factors to why the day gets saved in the end but in a way that doesn't undermine the other Avengers. I would do it similar to how Iron Man saving the day in the first Avengers film was done. People throughout the film called and regarded Tony as just an *** with not a care in the world who doesn't play well with others and wouldn't be willing to do a very heroic act. He proved all of them wrong in the end when he was willing to almost give up his life to save the city. I would do something similar with Spidey. He is seen as your loner average Joe with superpowers that fights street crime in the Marvel universe and no one would expect him to be the guy that wins the fight in the end and risks to almost lose his life in doing so. And once again, this should be done in a way so that it doesn't undermine the efforts of all the other characters. After all, Tony's heroic moment at the end of Avengers didn't undermine the rest of his teammates either (at least not in my opinion).
Well Spidey appearing in an Avengers movie,Although I am against it,I can live with that.

The thing I cant live with is Marvel sticking its fingers into Solo Spidey movies like they did with Thor and IM2 and making them a 2 hour trailer

Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #86
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

But all the options are wide open
The Parents angle is still undealth with.If they make them SHIELD agents.It could be a nice twist to the franchise and still be true to the source material(USM) while Spidey can appear in the TA2

But I would hate it if they stuff too much SHIELD into TASM2 or 3.Something short like IM1 is Okay though

Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #87
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I loved reading this...

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 AM   #88
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Seeing as Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World will have considably less SHIELD involvement this time, it's safe to say future films will not have an abundance of SHIELD involvement unless needed for the story.

I didn't really feel SHIELD hurt Iron Man 2 and Thor anyway. I felt they were needed for the story and well, they had to introduce and develop elements of SHIELD before The Avengers anyways.

I wouldn't mind hints of the wider MCU during TASM2, then SHIELD itself being introduced at the very very end of TASM3 after **** gets really outta hand.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #89
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Here's my plan, considering if the series goes beyond 3 films, Sony makes a deal with Marvel putting this series in the MCU, Garfield stays as Spidey (Since this plan will probably take over his whole career), and etc.

Nothing major, like deep plot details and such, just a plotting out and plan of how this could play out.

Summer 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man

Theme: Responsibility
- Takes place in Fall 2008. Senior year of high school.

Spring 2014
The Spectacular Spider-Man

Theme:
- Full opening sequence after the title card. Theme is electricity
- Takes place in Spring 2009, several months after the first film. Senior year of high school. Hints placed around film placing it in this timeframe.
- Spidey fights Rhino in the beginning.
- Electro is also a villian. He is a pawn of Norman Osborn. Has the ability to teleport himself and another individual at will.
- Spidey gets web wings. Can glide
- Introduce the Osborns
- Introduce MJ "Face it Tiger, you've hit the jackpot"
- Love triangle between Peter, Gwen, and MJ.
- Peter becomes intern at the Daily Bugle. Introduce JJJ. Company focuses more on televisied News broadcasts and internet news than newspapers.
- Hints of broader MCU throughout movie.
- Graduation from high school.
- After Credits Scene: Norman "perfects" serum

Summer 2016
Web of Spider-Man

Theme: Consequences
- Theme of opening credits is webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2010 in October.
- Spidey fights a villain in the beginning.
- Peter enters college with Gwen, MJ, Flash, and Harry.
- Introduce Eddie Brock. Father knew and worked with Richard Parker and Curt Conners. Peter gets another intern job at Oscorp with Eddie and Gwen.
- Love triangle continues. Gwen is beginning to get the shaft.
- Norman takes the "Finish" serum. The serum is similar to the Super Solder Serum. Changes him into humanoid goblin like creature with lizard-like skin at will. He also uses a glider and some of Electro's tech.
- Introduction of the Green Goblin and Otto Octavius.
- Norman finds out Spidey's identity after analyzing security footage of the day he snuck into Oscorp Tower.
- Spidey breaks Conners out of Imprisonment.
- Battle at the Brooklyn Bridge or George Washington Bridge with the Green Goblin, who has kidnapped Gwen.
- Gwen Dies
- Goblin flees to Oscorp Tower and Spidey hangs on to glider, but gets cut off half way. Cranes attempt to help Spidey swing to the tower, but get blown up. Spidey swings up 6th avenue to Oscorp Tower, similar to the scene in the first film, but with no assistance by cranes this time. Final battle takes place where it all started. It's almost dawn
- Truth about Peter's parents revealed. They were SHIELD agents sent to observe Oscorp's research into the cure for cancer and other diseases (Oscorp was really trying to recreate the Super Solder Serum).
- Peter's father, Richard Parker, ended up being passionate and involved in the research, since it showed lots of promise, despite it's bad intentions. He worked on projects with Curt Conners and Eddie Brock Sr, such as Project Venom, which involved a living cancer suit. Another was Cross Species Genetics, which Richard found the equation to. He had also secretly done tests on Peter's DNA. He hid the research knowing the danger of it being in Oscorp's hands.
- Norman Osborn sent an agent to the Parker house to loot his work, but to no success. As seen at the beginning of TASM, Peter Parker stumbled into Richard's study finding that someone had got in through the window and looted the place. Richard finds out afterwards, then feared for his family's safety. He sent Peter to live with his Aunt and Uncle. Richard and Mary went on the run to try to get the information back to SHIELD. Norman had them killed in a plane crash along with Eddie Brock Senior.
- Peter is the only one who can become who he is after being bit by a genetically altered spider and not die or have bad side effects. Richard's tests on Peter's DNA allowed this.
- Goblin's identity revealed. Norman nailed by own glider.
- Peter and everyone mourns death of Gwen.
- SHIELD reveals their presence to Peter. Enter Coulson. Reveals they've known his identity for over a year, but kept their distance. Will help keep Normans death secret. They also reveal they've known the secret about his parents. Peter tells them what was really going on with Oscorp back then. Peter not eligible for Avenger Initiative, due to young age.
- Normans real death is unknown. Cover story is that he'll be on a very long retreat or has died from what ever illness he had.
- MJ helps Peter coupe with Gwen's death.
- During one of the last scenes, Peter finally confronts Uncle Ben's actual killer.
- Swing off to fight a villain
- Bitter sweet ending
- After Credits Scene: Symbiote at Oscorp

Now they're releasing a Spider-Man related film almost every year from 2017-2022 (Poor Andrew Garfield (If there hasn't been a recast yet))

The Astonishing Spider-Man

Theme: Become the villain
- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote taking over webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2015. Makes it clear it has been 5 years since Gwen died, 4 years since the events of The Avengers, and 7 years Peter has been Spider-Man. He has fought several villains since then.
- Explains where Spidey was when the Hulk fought the Abomination in Harlem and during the battle of Manhattan in the Avengers. Stark Tower can now be placed in shots of the NYC skyline where the MetLife building is.
- Peter is still haunted by Gwen's death and memory's of the Green Goblin.
- Spidey now has a suit with black painted over where the blue was.
- Relationship with MJ continues.
- Introduce Felicia Hardy as Black Cat and The Punisher.
- Reference how there was a vigilant called the Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen who was big back in the 60s.
- Villians are Kraven, the Vulture played by John Malcovitch, and others.
- Peter finds video diaries Richard made during Project Venom.
- Peter obtains the symbiote. Black suit appears.
- Suit effects Peter negatively. Hurts the ones he loves.
- Peter gets rid of suit at the end.
- After Credits Scene: Eddie obtains the symbiote.

Venom

- Takes place in Spring 2016.
- Follows Eddie Brock as the Anti-Hero Venom.
- Cameos by Peter and Spidey here and there.
- The Punisher has a role
- After Credits Scene: Flash forward to a scene at the end of the next film. Spidey's mask torned up in rubble.

The Sensational Spider-Man

- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote coming off webs.
- Takes place in Summer 2016. It has been 5 years since the Chituari Invasion, 6 years since Gwen died, and 8 years since Peter became Spider-Man. He has fought many villains since then.
- Spodey now has a new red and blue suit.
- Ben Reilly (Not a clone) or Miles Morales is introduced
- Villain is Venom and others. Threatens to reveal Spidey's identity. Manipulates and messes with him throughout the film.
- He defeats Venom after a bloody battle. They team up at the end to fight some other villains from the film. Makes truce at the end to leave eachother alone.
- After Credits Scene: Villains like Vulture, Rhino, Doc Ock, and others that have appeared in the previous films gather and plan an alliance. A shadowy figure perways them.

Spring 2021
Ultimate Spider-Man

Theme: Closure
- Theme of opening credits is metal looking webs
- Takes place in 2018. It has been 10 years since Peter became Spider-Man, 9 years since Gwen died, and 3 years since Venom.
- Sinister 6 are the villains
- Spidey gets a new Spidey suit with raised silver webbing.
- Spidey becomes eligible for the Avengers at the end.
- After-Credits Scene: Norman Osborn is still alive and well in Europe.

The Avengers 4

- Takes place in 2020. Setting of time finally catches up with the main MCU. It has been 10 years since the Avengers first formed and 13 years since Peter became Spidey.
- Spidey is now part of the Avengers.

Possible Distant Future
Civil War?

- An adaption of the Civil War storyline.
- Iron Spider Armor is introduced
Dark Reign and Seige on Asgard?
- Tony Stark gets in trouble
- Norman Osborn becomes another Iron Patriot and forms the Dark Avengers.
- Siege on Asgard, viva portal above Oscorp Tower.
- Avengers reassemble
Death of Spider-Man?(Loosely based on Ultimate's Peter Parker demise in the comics)?
- Continuation of the Siege
- Some Avengers including Spidey are on the Queenboro Bridge. For some reason, the Punisher tries to shoot Captain America. Spidey Intervenes and gets shot. Rest of the Avengers, except Spidey, get blown off bridge.
- Spidey swings to Oscorp Tower bleeding to death down 6th avenue, similar to the first film, but with no cranes. It's near dusk
- Spidey tries to fight Sinister 6 guarding the tower, while others fight the Dark Avengers up in Asgard.
- Loki redeems himself doing something and dies. Thor is really pissed and avenges him.
- Iron Man comes in at the last minute and disables Norman's Armor. Norman gets unmasked, madness is revealed, and turns into the Green Goblin, popping out off the armor. He's a naked Hulk sized Goblin like the Utimate comics version.
- Spidey battles him
- MJ and Aunt May rush into the City. MJ finds out who Spidey is.
- Norman finally dies
- Peter either dies or lives
- Unlike in the comics, Asgard is saved.
- Oscorp Tower is vaporized by a massive shot of lightning through the portal by Thor in Asgard, causing the portal to close. Normans body is taken by SHIELD and cremated.

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 12-12-2012 at 01:53 PM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #90
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
I didn't really feel SHIELD hurt Iron Man 2 and Thor anyway. I felt they were needed for the story and well, they had to introduce and develop elements of SHIELD before The Avengers anyways.
It made sense from Marvel's POV since SHIELD needed to be developed well before TA,they managed to do that over 5 films which is why TA was such a big success.
But it didnt help the solo movies imo,and as I love Spidey more than The Avengers,I dont want anything ruining his solo movies to benefit TA2

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
What I mean is,Iron Man can knock him out if the police did it so easily
So Spidey will get up after a minute, maybe less, and show his strength by truly taking out Iron Man.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #92
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Here's my plan, considering if the series goes beyond 3 films, Sony makes a deal with Marvel putting this series in the MCU, Garfield stays as Spidey (Since this plan will probably take over his whole career), and etc.

Nothing major, like deep plot details and such, just a plotting out and plan of how this could play out.

Summer 2012
The Amazing Spider-Man

Theme: Responsibility
- Takes place in Fall 2008. Senior year of high school.

Spring 2014
The Spectacular Spider-Man

Theme:
- Full opening sequence after the title card. Theme is electricity
- Takes place in Spring 2009, several months after the first film. Senior year of high school. Hints placed around film placing it in this timeframe.
- Spidey fights Rhino in the beginning.
- Electro is also a villian. He is a pawn of Norman Osborn. Has the ability to teleport himself and another individual at will.
- Spidey gets web wings. Can glide
- Introduce the Osborns
- Introduce MJ "Face it Tiger, you've hit the jackpot"
- Love triangle between Peter, Gwen, and MJ.
- Peter becomes intern at the Daily Bugle. Introduce JJJ. Company focuses more on televisied News broadcasts and internet news than newspapers.
- Hints of broader MCU throughout movie.
- Graduation from high school.
- After Credits Scene: Norman "perfects" serum

Summer 2015
Web of Spider-Man

Theme: Consequences
- Theme of opening credits is webs.
- Takes place in Fall 2009 in October.
- Spidey fights a villain in the beginning.
- Peter enters college with Gwen, MJ, Flash, and Harry.
- Introduce Eddie Brock. Father knew and worked with Richard Parker and Curt Conners. Peter gets another intern job at Oscorp with Eddie and Gwen.
- Love triangle continues. Gwen is beginning to get the shaft.
- Norman takes the "Finish" serum. The serum is similar to the Super Solder Serum. Changes him into humanoid goblin like creature with lizard-like skin at will. He also uses a glider and some of Electro's tech.
- Introduction of the Green Goblin and Otto Octavius.
- Norman finds out Spidey's identity after analyzing security footage of the day he snuck into Oscorp Tower.
- Spidey breaks Conners out of Imprisonment.
- Battle at the Brooklyn Bridge or George Washington Bridge with the Green Goblin, who has kidnapped Gwen.
- Gwen Dies
- Goblin flees to Oscorp Tower and Spidey hangs on to glider, but gets cut off half way. Cranes attempt to help Spidey swing to the tower, but get blown up. Spidey swings up 6th avenue to Oscorp Tower, similar to the scene in the first film, but with no assistance by cranes this time. Final battle takes place where it all started. It's almost dawn
- Truth about Peter's parents revealed. They were SHIELD agents sent to observe Oscorp's research into the cure for cancer and other diseases (Oscorp was really trying to recreate the Super Solder Serum).
- Peter's father, Richard Parker, ended up being passionate and involved in the research, since it showed lots of promise, despite it's bad intentions. He worked on projects with Curt Conners and Eddie Brock Sr, such as Project Venom, which involved a living cancer suit. Another was Cross Species Genetics, which Richard found the equation to. He had also secretly done tests on Peter's DNA. He hid the research knowing the danger of it being in Oscorp's hands.
- Norman Osborn sent an agent to the Parker house to loot his work, but to no success. As seen at the beginning of TASM, Peter Parker stumbled into Richard's study finding that someone had got in through the window and looted the place. Richard finds out afterwards, then feared for his family's safety. He sent Peter to live with his Aunt and Uncle. Richard and Mary went on the run to try to get the information back to SHIELD. Norman had them killed in a plane crash along with Eddie Brock Senior.
- Peter is the only one who can become who he is after being bit by a genetically altered spider and not die or have bad side effects. Richard's tests on Peter's DNA allowed this.
- Goblin's identity revealed. Norman nailed by own glider.
- Peter and everyone mourns death of Gwen.
- SHIELD reveals their presence to Peter. Enter Coulson. Reveals they've known his identity for over a year, but kept their distance. Will help keep Normans death secret. They also reveal they've known the secret about his parents. Peter tells them what was really going on with Oscorp back then. Peter not eligible for Avenger Initiative, due to young age.
- Normans real death is unknown. Cover story is that he'll be on a very long retreat or has died from what ever illness he had.
- MJ helps Peter coupe with Gwen's death.
- During one of the last scenes, Peter finally confronts Uncle Ben's actual killer.
- Swing off to fight a villain
- Bitter sweet ending
- After Credits Scene: Symbiote at Oscorp

Now they're releasing a Spider-Man related film almost every year from 2017-2022 (Poor Andrew Garfield (If there hasn't been a recast yet))

The Astonishing Spider-Man

Theme: Become the villain
- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote taking over webs.
- Takes place in Spring 2013. Makes it clear it has been 4 years since Gwen died, 2 years since the events of The Avengers, and 5 years Peter has been Spider-Man. He has fought several villains since then.
- Explains where Spidey was when the Hulk fought the Abomination in Harlem and during the battle of Manhattan in the Avengers. Stark Tower can now be placed in shots of the NYC skyline where the MetLife building is.
- Peter is still haunted by Gwen's death and memory's of the Green Goblin.
- Relationship with MJ continues.
- Introduce Felicia Hardy as Black Cat and The Punisher.
- Reference how there was a vigilant called the Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen who was big back in the 60s.
- Villians are Kraven, the Vulture played by John Malcovitch, and others.
- Peter finds video diaries Richard made during Project Venom.
- Peter obtains the symbiote. Black suit appears.
- Suit effects Peter negatively. Hurts the ones he loves.
- Peter gets rid of suit at the end.
- After Credits Scene: Eddie obtains the symbiote.

Venom

- Takes place in 2014.
- Follows Eddie Brock as the Anti-Hero Venom.
- Cameos by Peter and Spidey here and there.
- The Punisher has a role
- After Credits Scene: Flash forward to a scene at the end of the next film. Spidey's mask torned up in rubble.

The Sensational Spider-Man

- Theme of opening credits is the symbiote coming off webs.
- Takes place in 2015. It has been 4 years since the Chituari Invasion, 6 years since Gwen died, and 7 years since Peter became Spider-Man. He has fought many villains since then.
- Ben Reilly (Not a clone) or Miles Morales is introduced
- Villain is Venom and others. Threatens to reveal Spidey's identity. Manipulates and messes with him throughout the film.
- He defeats Venom after a bloody battle. They team up at the end to fight some other villains from the film. Makes truce at the end to leave eachother alone.
- After Credits Scene: Villains like Vulture, Rhino, Doc Ock, and others that have appeared in the previous films gather and plan an alliance. A shadowy figure perways them.

Spring 2021
Ultimate Spider-Man

Theme: Closure
- Theme of opening credits is metal looking webs
- Takes place in 2018. It has been 10 years since Peter became Spider-Man, 9 years since Gwen died, and 3 years since Venom.
- Sinister 6 are the villains
- Spidey becomes eligible for the Avengers at the end.
- After-Credits Scene: Norman Osborn is still alive and well in Europe.

The Avengers 4

- Takes place in 2021. Setting of time finally catches up with the main MCU. It has been 10 years since the Avengers first formed and 13 years since Peter became Spidey.
- Spidey is now part of the Avengers.

Possible Distant Future
Civil War?

- An adaption of the Civil War storyline.
- Iron Spider Armor is introduced
Dark Reign and Seige on Asgard?
- Tony Stark gets in trouble
- Norman Osborn becomes another Iron Patriot and forms the Dark Avengers.
- Siege on Asgard, viva portal above Oscorp Tower.
- Avengers reassemble
Death of Spider-Man?(Loosely based on Ultimate's Peter Parker demise in the comics)?
- Continuation of the Siege
- Some Avengers including Spidey are on the Queenboro Bridge. For some reason, the Punisher tries to shoot Captain America. Spidey Intervenes and gets shot. Rest of the Avengers, except Spidey, get blown off bridge.
- Spidey swings to Oscorp Tower bleeding to death down 6th avenue, similar to the first film, but with no cranes. It's near dusk
- Spidey tries to fight Sinister 6 guarding the tower, while others fight the Dark Avengers up in Asgard.
- Loki redeems himself doing something and dies. Thor is really pissed and avenges him.
- Iron Man comes in at the last minute and disables Norman's Armor. Norman gets unmasked, madness is revealed, and turns into the Green Goblin, popping out off the armor. He's a naked Hulk sized Goblin like the Utimate comics version.
- Spidey battles him
- MJ and Aunt May rush into the City. MJ finds out who Spidey is.
- Norman finally dies
- Peter either dies or lives
- Unlike in the comics, Asgard is saved.
- Oscorp Tower is vaporized by a massive shot of lightning through the portal by Thor in Asgard, causing the portal to close. Normans body is taken by SHIELD and cremated.
This is nice and all, but hopefully we get a better Spider-Man to be apart of the MCU. Still not a fan of the reboot, so I definitely wouldn't want to see a Spidey that I am not a fan of with interpretations I AM a fan of such as IM, Thor, Captain America.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #93
JOE

Spidey is an amateur. He's not the hero Iron Man, Thor or even Captain America are, not even close. He spent the majority of the film in "revenge mode" and until the very last scene where you see him watching over the city, he still hasn't developed. As much as it seems I'm complaining, I'm not. I love this angle.

At the end of SM1 it seems as though he was already "Spider-Man" in his prime and glory. He was saving the city day in and day out, car thieves, muggers, bank robbers etc. Spidey in Webb's movie is still a hoodlum, a vigilante, a threat. It isn't until Captain Stacy calls off his men so he could save the city and his daughter. People still don't know the real Spider-Man. In SM1 he saved a bunch of kids and people saw that. Nobody was watching as Spidey duked it out with the Lizard at the top of Oscorp tower. People just know a toxin was released and then it went away with the blue stuff in the air.

I love this angle and what Webb has done and I hope he continues to tell us the story of Peter's journey to becoming Spider-Man. That's what this trilogy will be about.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #94
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Spidey is an amateur. He's not the hero Iron Man, Thor or even Captain America are, not even close. He spent the majority of the film in "revenge mode" and until the very last scene where you see him watching over the city, he still hasn't developed. As much as it seems I'm complaining, I'm not. I love this angle.

At the end of SM1 it seems as though he was already "Spider-Man" in his prime and glory. He was saving the city day in and day out, car thieves, muggers, bank robbers etc. Spidey in Webb's movie is still a hoodlum, a vigilante, a threat. It isn't until Captain Stacy calls off his men so he could save the city and his daughter. People still don't know the real Spider-Man. In SM1 he saved a bunch of kids and people saw that. Nobody was watching as Spidey duked it out with the Lizard at the top of Oscorp tower. People just know a toxin was released and then it went away with the blue stuff in the air.

I love this angle and what Webb has done and I hope he continues to tell us the story of Peter's journey to becoming Spider-Man. That's what this trilogy will be about.
Amen. He has a lot to learn. And I imagine he's gonna struggle throughout. With Jameson, Osborn, Gwen...

Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #95
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
This is nice and all, but hopefully we get a better Spider-Man to be apart of the MCU. Still not a fan of the reboot, so I definitely wouldn't want to see a Spidey that I am not a fan of with interpretations I AM a fan of such as IM, Thor, Captain America.
I didn't really care much for Thor or Captain America in the MCU. And even Iron Man isn't that accurate to the comic books. Andrew's Spider-Man was very lovable in my opinion.

However, I do feel like the MCU should have a different incarnation of Spider-Man, so they can let this be its own universe. I like to think that even though these characters don't all appear on screen, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, etc all do exist somewhere in the MCU right now. They just aren't mentioned. Their essence lies within the heart of the Marvel Universe, and will always be kept in mind. Like off screen, or in between films, they are involved somehow.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #96
Nathan

I'm really a big fan of this interpretation of Peter/Spider-Man. Andrews Peter is someone I could totally see geeking out with Downey's Tony Stark and Ruffalo's Bruce Banner. Tobey's Peter would have been like the awkward kid in the room.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #97
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I agree, like that both Andrew's Parker and Downey's Stark seem to be mechanically inclined (along with any predisposition their characters might have toward physics and robotics). We get to see them constructing with their hands multiple times in their respective films. That and they are both smartasses. They'd get along famously.

Ruffalo's Banner also wouldnt have any shortage of topics of conversation with Andrew's Parker. Beside any chemistry or genetics notes to compare they may want to discuss their search for self and control over their emotions. Peter may also try to help Banner with his fear of the Hulk, as he has never felt fear over his own powers.

Hemsworth's Thor may have a few things to say about Peter's arrogance. And I'm sure Peter would be interested in the genetic makeup of otherworldly creatures as well as the mechanics of an enchanted hammer/rainbow bridge.

Spidey and Cap both wear red and blue?

And the obvious commonalities with Black Widow. Peter's interest in red heads? :P

Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #98
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I'd love to see Andrew's Peter Parker interact with RDJ's Iron Man.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #99
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm really a big fan of this interpretation of Peter/Spider-Man. Andrews Peter is someone I could totally see geeking out with Downey's Tony Stark and Ruffalo's Bruce Banner. Tobey's Peter would have been like the awkward kid in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I agree, like that both Andrew's Parker and Downey's Stark seem to be mechanically inclined (along with any predisposition their characters might have toward physics and robotics). We get to see them constructing with their hands multiple times in their respective films. That and they are both smartasses. They'd get along famously.

Ruffalo's Banner also wouldnt have any shortage of topics of conversation with Andrew's Parker. Beside any chemistry or genetics notes to compare they may want to discuss their search for self and control over their emotions. Peter may also try to help Banner with his fear of the Hulk, as he has never felt fear over his own powers.

Hemsworth's Thor may have a few things to say about Peter's arrogance. And I'm sure Peter would be interested in the genetic makeup of otherworldly creatures as well as the mechanics of an enchanted hammer/rainbow bridge.

Spidey and Cap both wear red and blue?

And the obvious commonalities with Black Widow. Peter's interest in red heads? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I'd love to see Andrew's Peter Parker interact with RDJ's Iron Man.

Tobey's version of Spider-Man fits well in his own universe, but Andrew could easily be a part of the MCU.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #100
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Quote:
As for the things in TASM that apparently contradict the MCU films, they're all ridiculous stretches for the most part. The most logical reason I heard was the one with the MetLife building though even that is a bit of a stretch.

Why is none of the damage from Avengers seen in TASM, you ask? Maybe because the damage was already fixed?
It was being fixed. That's what all those cranes were for.