The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #101
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
It was being fixed. That's what all those cranes were for.
lol! i love you.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #102
AF3619
WOOO!

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
JAJAJAJA! Cranes saved the day twice this year!

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #103
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I didn't really care much for Thor or Captain America in the MCU. And even Iron Man isn't that accurate to the comic books. Andrew's Spider-Man was very lovable in my opinion.

However, I do feel like the MCU should have a different incarnation of Spider-Man, so they can let this be its own universe. I like to think that even though these characters don't all appear on screen, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, etc all do exist somewhere in the MCU right now. They just aren't mentioned. Their essence lies within the heart of the Marvel Universe, and will always be kept in mind. Like off screen, or in between films, they are involved somehow.
We definitely have differing opinions as I feel that Marvel Studios definitely have the best interpretations of IM, Thor, Captain America and now Ruffalo's Banner compared to any other Marvel hero right now we've seen on film. The last time I really enjoy an all around performance of someone portraying a Marvel hero was Patrick Stewart's Professor X. So you can tell how excited I am that he'll be showing up in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #104
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
We definitely have differing opinions as I feel that Marvel Studios definitely have the best interpretations of IM, Thor, Captain America and now Ruffalo's Banner compared to any other Marvel hero right now we've seen on film. The last time I really enjoy an all around performance of someone portraying a Marvel hero was Patrick Stewart's Professor X. So you can tell how excited I am that he'll be showing up in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Along with Sir Ian McKellen... oh happy days.

Fassbender and Mckellen in the same film as the same characeter? Yes PLEASE

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #105
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ehh, lol. Love McKellen, but didn't like his Magneto, but I'm glad that excites other fans. I'm more excited to see Stewart's Professor X, though.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #106
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
After the Avengers foiled a direct assault on the Earth, Thanos comes to understand the need for covert strikes against the Earth.

At the end ofThe Amazing Spider-Man 2, Norman Osborn has nothing left to live for. He is visited by the Cloaked and Hooded Emissiary we saw Loki speaking with in The Avengers. He offers Norman a way to save himself from his impending death and financial collapse. Norman accepts; he is taken to Thanos' throne, where Thanos accepts Norman's soul. He imbues it with the supernatural essence of a goblin bandit king from the realms near Asgard.

Thus the Green Goblin is born-a supernaturally-fueled Norman Osborn whose body assumed a shape halfway between a human and the goblin bandit king he shares the body with.

Green Goblin is to be Thanos' link to Earth. A way to wage his war without attracting the attention of the Avengers.

EDIT: I very much doubt it, Joe. Like myself, I think Domini prefers a hero that can stand on their own. I myself am not a fan of rolling Spider-Man straight into the Avengers...I'd prefer Spidey have a trilogy to himself before crossing into the greater MCU.
Anyone read this? Good...hate it...feedback please?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #107
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
The thing I cant live with is Marvel sticking its fingers into Solo Spidey movies like they did with Thor and IM2 and making them a 2 hour trailer
God forbid that ever happens. Though I'm happy about Webb's Spider-Man joining the MCU, that is currently my biggest fear.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #108
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Ehh, lol. Love McKellen, but didn't like his Magneto, but I'm glad that excites other fans. I'm more excited to see Stewart's Professor X, though.
I get that. I remember thinking 'really? This old guy is playing magneto?'. But man, by the end of the first film, he sold me. And loved him since.

And then to have Fassbender as a younger version? Man, for me, cracking casting on the character

But yeah, him AND Stewart back? DOFP is is one to keep in the diary

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #109
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Someone should photoshop a picture of Andrew's Peter and Downey's Stark hanging out.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #110
Just one more
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry to be a downer but it sounds like really bad fan fic to me

Just one more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #111
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm really a big fan of this interpretation of Peter/Spider-Man. Andrews Peter is someone I could totally see geeking out with Downey's Tony Stark and Ruffalo's Bruce Banner. Tobey's Peter would have been like the awkward kid in the room.
Wouldnt be too sure about that

Peter Parker:Hey guys,I incorporated the OsCorp biocapble into this watch and now I can swing.Isnt it cool?

Tony Stark:Tell me about it,I made a minituarized Arc Reactors in a cave,with a box of scraps along with Half a dozen high tech suits

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #112
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Genius

Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #113
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not a fan of the Norman becoming the Goblin king concept

Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #114
Victarion
Cut

Thank you both for reading it. At first I was joking around with the concept since I wanted TASM to stand on its own. However, I figured tying it into the rest of the MCU would make it easier to explain the goblin features of Norman's alter-ego.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #115
TheWatcher
Dapper

It would be awesome for a comic.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #116
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thank you both for reading it. At first I was joking around with the concept since I wanted TASM to stand on its own. However, I figured tying it into the rest of the MCU would make it easier to explain the goblin features of Norman's alter-ego.
Doesnt need to incorporate Norman into TA2

The way to connect them can be something like Peter's parents worked for SHIELD and were spying into OSCORP's shady experiments for them

Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #117
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
I get that. I remember thinking 'really? This old guy is playing magneto?'. But man, by the end of the first film, he sold me. And loved him since.

And then to have Fassbender as a younger version? Man, for me, cracking casting on the character

But yeah, him AND Stewart back? DOFP is is one to keep in the diary
Fassbender looks at Mckellen, and says... "wait, when did I get a British accent?"

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #118
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree! The character himself was written awesomly, which is why I rate him at #2 best CBM villain. However, I never imagined him to look like McKellen. Nitpicky of me since McKellen's acting itself was great, I know.

EDIT: By the way, the final scenes where Fassbender and McAvoy interact in the film...there's a moment there where Fassbender REALLY looks like a younger McKellen. Really cool moment.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #119
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Pardon me, but why are we talking about X-Men: Days of Future Past? This thread is to discuss The Amazing Spider-Man being in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #120
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

They don't want TASM to be part of the MCU, so they're gonna derail the thread -___-

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #121
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Because no one likes the idea, so we're talking about something better and something that's actually going to happen

Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #122
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Because no one likes the idea, so we're talking about something better and something that's actually going to happen
I know plenty of people who want TASM part of the MCU. If it did end up happening, that would be cool. If not, its not the biggest deal. I just want some version of Spider-Man in the MCU at some point while I'm still alive.

Heck, in a little over 50 years, most of these characters will be part of the public domain and Marvel could put any character they wanted to in their movies. lol

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #123
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Plenty of people? Eh. Spider-Man, yes; this version of Spider-Man? Ehh, I don't know about plenty of people, but whatever floats your boat, haha.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #124
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Plenty of people? Eh. Spider-Man, yes; this version of Spider-Man? Ehh, I don't know about plenty of people, but whatever floats your boat, haha.
Well, my friends all agree that TASM should be part of the MCU. I don't know about most of the people on these boards however. But Spider-Man should at some point be in the MCU.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #125
Rise_-
Side-Kick

What's so bad about this version of Spider-Man? Putting aside people's problems with Andrew's PETER, I'd say his Spider-Man is more true to how he is in the comics than Tobey's could ever hope to be.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote