The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #51
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: What is your opinion on the overall quality of the fight scenes in TDK and TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Maybe its just me, but I'm not seeing what makes that second Batman/Bane fight so great. The choreography is alright, but they look more like moderately trained brawlers than master martial artists. Also, Batman is basically losing before he starts hitting Bane's mask. A lot of you are saying that he using his wits/grace and everything, but I don't know why he wouldn't have thought of hitting the big tubes in the first fight
He tried to hit Bane in the face during the first fight, and I'm pretty sure he connects fist to mask several times. I think the idea in Round 2 is, now knowing that the mask keeps Bane from feeling pain, he intentionally takes a swipe at it with his gauntlet, disabling it.

Also noteworthy is how his gauntlets play a key role in his defeat of Ra's, Joker and Bane.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #52
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: What is your opinion on the overall quality of the fight scenes in TDK and TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
He tried to hit Bane in the face during the first fight, and I'm pretty sure he connects fist to mask several times. I think the idea in Round 2 is, now knowing that the mask keeps Bane from feeling pain, he intentionally takes a swipe at it with his gauntlet, disabling it.

Also noteworthy is how his gauntlets play a key role in his defeat of Ra's, Joker and Bane.
Gotham would be ****ed without those gauntlets

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #53
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Maybe its just me, but I'm not seeing what makes that second Batman/Bane fight so great. The choreography is alright, but they look more like moderately trained brawlers than master martial artists. Also, Batman is basically losing before he starts hitting Bane's mask. A lot of you are saying that he using his wits/grace and everything, but I don't know why he wouldn't have thought of hitting the big tubes in the first fight
It was the gauntlets that broke Bane's mask.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #54
Victarion
Cut

1.) The rooftop: The mercs didn't want to accidentally shoot their own men. Catwoman brought the fight into close quarters. Bane would'nt have liked that.

2.) Sewers: Loved Batman vs Bane. Only one question: When Bane has Batman down against that piece of metal, I think he hits the cowl twice? I didn't care for Batman popping down that tunnel with the gunfire bursts illuminating his progress.

3.) The War: Batman's style was the same as it was in BB. Given his retirement, I'm not surprised it didn't evolve any.

Overall an improvement from the Hong Kong gunfight in TDK and the shakiness of BB. I missed more moments like the docks though.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #55
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
The punches in TDKR are so horrible that I'm contemplating whether Chris Nolan wanted it to look like that or not - I mean, as a part of his film noire tribute. Not just the crowd's punches didn't reach and were poorly acted, but there's this hysterical almost Ken/Guile Street Fighter punch that Bane does that misses Batman's face with like a feet. And on top of that, they added a bassdrop sound when Bane does that - but I think it's removed on the DVD/BD. I mean, it's so bad that I think it's actually charming in a way.
This. There's a lot of really lousy fight choregraphy in this movie, oddly mixed in with some really good stuff.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #56
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yes, Bane did break Batman's cowl.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #57
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
This. There's a lot of really lousy fight choregraphy in this movie, oddly mixed in with some really good stuff.
Yup. Only the Bane fights are worth any value.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #58
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's funny because the first Batman/Bane match up, I think the silence sells that scene but it's totally different. I speculate the difference is that Bane is meant to be victorious in the first fight so that's why the silence "was golden" whereas we had this powerful score drumming up in the background of Batman and Bane, round two.
To futher your silence is "golden" analysis. I always felt this was to achieve the same effect of helplessness against the brute force that the opponent has over our hero in the exact same fashion that we see in Goldfinger when James Bond fights Oddjob (muted soundtrack as well).

Last edited by 8Diagrams(WU); 11-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.
8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #59
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Indeed. The loud thumps as Bane slowly walked up those steps to further beat Batman is a prime example of this brute force.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #60
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. Only the Bane fights are worth any value.
Yeah, but even then...if you actually pay attention to the details of them, it rather often looks fake as hell. Borderline cheesy.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #61
TheGuy
Side-Kick

TDKR has the best one-on-one fights(both Bane vs Bats), but BB had the best when Bats engaged multiple opponents. Love the in and out fighting Bats utilized in Arkham Asylum. That's how Bats should have fought in TDK and TDKR. It seemed like he never used his ninja skills instead overcoming his foes with brute force.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #62
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

I never understood the criticism of not being able to "see" Batman fighting in BB. I mean, that's kind of the point. I personally liked the kinetic, quick edit frenzy of it all. In a way it put me into the fights more, as that is what it would appear like if you really saw someone that skilled in person engaging multiple people. Or worse yet, if you happened to be one of those unlucky people...

Still, just the sheer visceral impact of the Bane sewer fight is easily the best of the series.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #63
Musty002
Side-Kick

IMO I think its the bat suit design and weight in nolan movies that slows batman down to a point it looked as if he can't counter fast enough ie slow predicable choreography , heck none of the batman movies solved that problem. I always wonder if batman is the master of all kinds of martial arts then why can't do a round house kick.

Hopefully in the future batmans films during post production they have to find a way of improving the bat suit (lighter bullet proof suit ) with mini amount of amour (look more of a ninja than a soilder) so that batman can use all kinds of marital arts fighting techniques in fast way possible like the jet lee and jackie chan movies.

Musty002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #64
Musty002
Side-Kick

But I thank nolan/ bale /stunt team for improving the fight scenes in the batman movies. The Burton keaton looked chessy and hideous.

Top 3
Batman vs swat team/joker goons
Batman vs bane 1st fight
Batman vs maroni men in the nightclub

Musty002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #65
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It was the gauntlets that broke Bane's mask.
Exactly.

Begins - The Gauntlet's broke Ra's sword

The Dark Knight - The Gauntlet's hit The Joker in the face

Rises - The Gauntlet punctured Bane's mask respirator tube.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #66
Norminator79
Newbie First Class

my overall opinon on the fight scences..... well first let me say i enjoyed all 3 movies, but the fight scenes were terrible. C. Bale doesn't know how to throw a punch nor kick. please go and watch the 1st fight Batman vs Bane, only Bane's punches and kicks looks like he was trained. you can see every punch as Bale draws all the way back than does his choppy 1...2...3....4 "combo". i thought Batman was a skilled fighter!!?? it would have been better if a stunt double (who knows how to make a fight look real) did all the fights in the Batsuit.

Norminator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #67
Norminator79
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
TDKR has the best one-on-one fights(both Bane vs Bats), but BB had the best when Bats engaged multiple opponents. Love the in and out fighting Bats utilized in Arkham Asylum. That's how Bats should have fought in TDK and TDKR. It seemed like he never used his ninja skills instead overcoming his foes with brute force.
i couldn't agree more. thats why i wshed they used a stunt double for all the fights (one who has fighting skills)

Norminator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #68
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but even then...if you actually pay attention to the details of them, it rather often looks fake as hell. Borderline cheesy.
True, but it's a bit of a bizarre criticism since this is true of 99% of Western films. No way, if you dissect things in movies it turns out it's not real!

most of it works perfectly fine in context and for the story, but the action has never been as incredible as the storytelling in any of these films.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #69
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Exactly.

Begins - The Gauntlet's broke Ra's sword

The Dark Knight - The Gauntlet's hit The Joker in the face

Rises - The Gauntlet punctured Bane's mask respirator tube.
I never realized that before. The gauntlets were an integral weapon for victory in the finale with all three main villains.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #70
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I never realized that before. The gauntlets were an integral weapon for victory in the finale with all three main villains.
Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #71
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Yup this is true. Especially in that last Bane fight.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote