The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #26
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Hm, that is interesting.

On a different topic, I noticed one of the icons that show up in this game is the same image from a promotional image that IO denied was for this game back in 2011. Just thought that was interesting.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
Benstamania
Shot first.

Anyone beat this yet? If so.. How long g is it roughly? I've heard 15 hours which I'm cool with.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #28
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, it's about that, not to mention the countless hours you can spend in Contracts mode.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
Benstamania
Shot first.

May grab it today... Got Blops II and not feeling it at all.. I get about 35 trade for it soo.....

Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Anyone beat this yet? If so.. How long g is it roughly? I've heard 15 hours which I'm cool with.
I beat it in 21 my first time through(on Hard) and im a Hitman vet. Iv since sunk another 8-10 just snagging challenges and goofin off in contracts mode as well as working on my purist play through .

Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #31
Benstamania
Shot first.

Played for about an hour. Excellent hour, haha.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #32
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Is anyone else having issues with the Undertaker Playstyle? Its the only one I dont have. Which is really strange since its the easiest one and you would most likely get it through natural story progression. Is the requirement to hide 5 bodies in a single level or overall?

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the Undertaker Playstyle? Its the only one I dont have. Which is really strange since its the easiest one and you would most likely get it through natural story progression. Is the requirement to hide 5 bodies in a single level or overall?
Id assume it would be in one level, but the playstyles is something i havent paid attention to. Figured id try and snag all those after my purist run through.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

All of the play styles require completion within a single level.

I only have one more cheevo to go and that's the "Hard" achievement, which I'm saving for a patch. I've heard if you go through a level with a negative score after receiving a positive score previously the game saves the negative score, which is absolutely stupid IMO and will be (I assume) patched.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #35
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
All of the play styles require completion within a single level.

I only have one more cheevo to go and that's the "Hard" achievement, which I'm saving for a patch. I've heard if you go through a level with a negative score after receiving a positive score previously the game saves the negative score, which is absolutely stupid IMO and will be (I assume) patched.
I havent noticed, but if thats true that sounds like a bug. I mean the challenges save as soon as you get them, so you assume your best play through would save as well. I dont care too much either way, you dont get anything for having a top score.

I still need to collect all evidence and play styles, then ill have the full 1000. Ill get those as soon as i finish my purist run through.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #36
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

For those that beat the game:

What next? Where will we see 47? Did he "burn" the Agency down, or just eliminate a corrupt head? Will he work with Diana again or do you think she will get out of the contract business in order to be with Victoria?

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 12-03-2012 at 12:48 AM.
ProjectPat2280 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #37
Benstamania
Shot first.

It's been six years... Gotta slow my brain down and remember how to play a proper assassin's game haha.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
For those that beat the game:

What next? Where will we see 47? Did he "burn" the Agency down, or just eliminate a corrupt head? Will he work with Diana again or do you think she will get out of the contract business in order to be with Victoria?
I think we might see a separate story where he's on the run from the cops, etc. so people he can't just go to all out war with.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #39
zenith16
Side-Kick

Hitman: Absolution crash-fixing console patch targeted for next week

(33 minutes ago)

Square Enix aims to patch Hitman: Absolution on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 sometime next week. The update is intended to fix crashing issues with the console versions, reported in notable numbers on official forums. They arose soon after the game's November 20 release, but a fix hasn't yet been provided. If the crash occurs while the game's autosaving, save files can become corrupted and result in hours of lost progress.

Square Enix community and social media head Phil Elliott apologized for the ongoing issue on the game's official forums, noting "the lack of information [made available] is less than optimal." Elliott said the patch has to be internally tested before being approved by Microsoft and Sony, and as such Square Enix can't confirm an exact release date.

Meanwhile, PC players can sneak, dress up, and mulch in the knowledge that their version received its first patch last week. Among other fixes, the patch addresses problems with transferring unlocks over from Hitman: Sniper Challenge.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #40
James
Built from Lego

Whoever was playing when they took that screenshot was being really sloppy.

But I can't blame them. I begin each level with the intent of being completely professional, subduing all but the targets, hiding bodies, never being discovered by accident (it can be fun to get discovered on purpose for a fake surrender)...and then for one reason or another that usually goes out the window. It doesn't always turn into a firefight, although yesterday the courtroom turned into a bit of a disaster. Fortunately I made it into the next part anyway and could continue on, but I'll have to leave professionalism for later playthroughs.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #41
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

yeah if I get spotted I'll go on a mini rampage.... then I'll restart and try and do it again

im not far in as havent had much time to play but Im on the second chinatown one, waited AGES for a guy to pee and get electrocuted then really sloppily got discovered when I went to the loo and forgot to pause grrrr

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #42
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Nothing worse than having a perfect run only to get spotted by some a-hole sushi chef.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Whoever was playing when they took that screenshot was being really sloppy.

But I can't blame them. I begin each level with the intent of being completely professional, subduing all but the targets, hiding bodies, never being discovered by accident (it can be fun to get discovered on purpose for a fake surrender)...and then for one reason or another that usually goes out the window. It doesn't always turn into a firefight, although yesterday the courtroom turned into a bit of a disaster. Fortunately I made it into the next part anyway and could continue on, but I'll have to leave professionalism for later playthroughs.

Haha thats how my first playthrough went. Id try a few times to go in quiet, but after a few screw ups i just started blasting. I wanted to hear the story. My purist playthrough was a little better, altho i still got into a few fire fights. One thing i love about this game is how well it does each. In past games, if you got into a fire fight it was all but over due to the poor mechanics. Here, 47 can actually shoot his way out. Its not optimal, at all, but at least its possible.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #44
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Speak for yourself: I spent many hours killing everything on the map in previous Hitman games just for fun. I actually find it's a lot harder to go full-massacre in Absolution because the enemies are smarter and 47 dies quicker.

I went for ultra sneakiness for my first playthrough (apart from the last level because I felt it was appropriate to kill EVVVVVVERYONE!) so my Purist will probably be balls out all the way through.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Not saying it couldnt be done, but the mechanics were terrible, thats not really an arguable point. They are much better here, making the shootouts less of a chore. I never wanted to get into a fire fight in the past games, when i had to in Absolution, i didnt mind it as much.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #46
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I was just busting your chops. The firefights in Absolution are much more fun and I agree that the shooting mechanics improved drastically. I also love the inclusion of the cover mechanic, even if "hardcores" cried about it.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
I was just busting your chops. The firefights in Absolution are much more fun and I agree that the shooting mechanics improved drastically. I also love the inclusion of the cover mechanic, even if "hardcores" cried about it.
Haha, yea, i wanted a cover mechanic ever since Blood Money, but it was never for shooting reasons. I just wanted that cool image of 47 pressed against a wall, slightly peeking out, Solid Snake and Sam Fisher style. I never really even thought of using it for a fire fight until IO actually showed it off. Another reason i think the fire fights are better here is due to how the AI reacts. If one guard was alerted in past games, that was it, the whole damn level knew what was up. With Absolution you can contain it before it gets out of hand. I thought it made for a much more authentic experience. I dont know how many times some civilian saw me move a body or something and before he could freak out and alert everyone i was able to disable him, effectively stopping any escalation.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #48
James
Built from Lego

I like the ability to contain situations too. It usually results in a small pile of bodies and a quick get away, but it's nice to know you handled it and won't be facing every other NPC. My courtroom disaster in particular worked out this way, I got discovered where I shouldn't have been, faked surrendered and grabbed the guy, knocked him, shot his friend, two more guards came through the door and I gunned them down too. But that was the end of that, it was all quick and quiet.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #49
James
Built from Lego

My apologies for the double-post...fear not, I bring amusement!

My Bad Ass Moment Of The Week: After the courthouse, when you enter the cells, I took a guard hostage are a fake surrender and waited for his buddy to come close. This wouldn't have been so awesome if I had intended it, but it was fully planned from the beginning. When my hostage's pal was close enough, I knocked out the hostage and immediately attacked his friend, knocking him out before a single shot was fired. I continued on undetected, it was beautiful.

And now, Yahtzee's take on Absolution...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...n-Absolution(I do not know how to embed a video)

Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #50
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

haha nice.

Iv been playing a little bit of Far Cry 3 and Dragonborn, but about an hour or so into those titles and i said 'ya know, somethings missing from this game' so i began to ponder. Then it hit me. Neither game features Agent 47. So iv gone back to Absolution for the time being. Think ill go ahead and get the 1000/1000