The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #51
James
Built from Lego

Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Just finished. Really, really cool game over all. No, it's not the exact same as Blood Money, but it's a crazy fun game with has a lot of it's own strengths.

As for what happens next...

I'd like to see a game a few years down the line, perhaps we'd get to play as a older (early twenties?) Victoria as well as 47. Might be interesting if they're reunited, have to work together. Could be neat for the player if the two even did missions together, maybe even switching between Victoria and 47 in the same fashion as GTA V will with it's protagonists.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #52
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

As for what happens next...

I'd like to see a game a few years down the line, perhaps we'd get to play as a older (early twenties?) Victoria as well as 47. Might be interesting if they're reunited, have to work together. Could be neat for the player if the two even did missions together, maybe even switching between Victoria and 47 in the same fashion as GTA V will with it's protagonists.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Love the enthusiasm, but No. Absolutely not. For starters, there is only ONE Hitman and that's 47. No need to control anyone else other than Mr. 47. Ever. Secondly, I don't think Victoria wants anything to do with the Agency or killing people. After what she went through ud have to assume she just wants a normal life. She is basically the person that 47 wishes he could be. I think it'll be interesting to see where Diana and 47 head next though. Based on Diana's dialog at the end of the game("Welcome back 47"), it appears both of them have gone back to work(either for the Agency or on their own). Id love to get some DLC continuing the end of the game. Be a perfect opportunity to bring In the more classic style Hitman levels. Or maybe Diana takes over the Agency? She was the one that uncovered Travis' under the table programs and exposed him after all.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 12-07-2012 at 02:22 AM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #53
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Love the enthusiasm, but No. Absolutely not. For starters, there is only ONE Hitman and that's 47. No need to control anyone else other than Mr. 47. Ever. Secondly, I don't think Victoria wants anything to do with the Agency or killing people. After what she went through ud have to assume she just wants a normal life. She is basically the person that 47 wishes he could be. I think it'll be interesting to see where Diana and 47 head next though. Based on Diana's dialog at the end of the game("Welcome back 47"), it appears both of them have gone back to work(either for the Agency or on their own). Id love to get some DLC continuing the end of the game. Be a perfect opportunity to bring In the more classic style Hitman levels. Or maybe Diana takes over the Agency? She was the one that uncovered Travis' under the table programs and exposed him after all.
It's more speculation on my part than wishful thinking In any case I don't think the next game is going to leave Victoria in the dust living a normal life, for characters like her it never seems to work out that way. She's in whether she likes it or not, the writers will see to that.

Diana running The Agency would make a lot of sense, she's clearly capable of it.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #54
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
It's more speculation on my part than wishful thinking In any case I don't think the next game is going to leave Victoria in the dust living a normal life, for characters like her it never seems to work out that way. She's in whether she likes it or not, the writers will see to that.

Diana running The Agency would make a lot of sense, she's clearly capable of it.

It's possible, but I would highly doubt it. Victoria was written to be the opposite side of the coin(an image made literal throughout the game) in comparison to 47. it would be a disservice to bring that character into a role similar to 47's.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #55
James
Built from Lego

Quote:

It's possible, but I would highly doubt it. Victoria was written to be the opposite side of the coin(an image made literal throughout the game) in comparison to 47. it would be a disservice to bring that character into a role similar to 47's.
Hmm, I guess we saw things differently. To me Victoria wasn't explored nearly enough to definitively predict her future. We saw she could handle herself and that she was shocked afterwards, but whether that shock was sadness, regret or just amazement is tough to tell. I'm not really basing my theories off Victoria's character though, just what we've all seen countless times in other stories -the young protege goes on to follow the hero's footsteps.

Given how much time and effort was put into Victoria, and that the entire game revolved completely around her, I really don't see her just being brushed aside to live a happily-ever-after. Who knows, given her relationship with 47 she may end up willfully following him anyway, a kind of Natalie Portman/The Professional type deal.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #56
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Ive awlways wanted an open world city Hitman - so you can stalk hits on their day to day and figure out where and when to strike - some missions require you to go onto a plane to a certain place so you still get the traditional levels too - but setting up a sniper spot in a derelict building - or rigging something in the targets home would be amazing - maybe its way to large a scope for current tech though

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #57
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Oh mah gawd a plane level would be amazing...start off in the cargo, work your way to first class to assassinate some douche, then escape via epic skyfall. Ohhhhh yeah.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #58
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I didnt even mean like that but hell yeah that would be an awesome mission!!! They totally need to hire me and you as creatve directors/idea machines

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #59
James
Built from Lego

I was trying to think of different levels they could do this morning too. Have they done a prison before? A plane would be really neat, especially if you had to first get yourself through airport security on to the plane, maybe starting off as a passenger would be neat. Then perhaps have multiple targets aboard to make it really interesting. Hiding the bodies and keeping it quiet would be absolutely essential in the confines of a passenger jet.

It seems like the series has delivered so many neat locations that it must be difficult to be original with each new game. Absolution did very well, although I guess at least one or two were variations on things that had come before -the hotel, for example.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #60
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

see the open world could have a prison in it with a mission to kill either a prisoner or to free someone.... could be fun - it would really allow people to approach a hit in 1000s of ways - maybe you want to blow a hole in the prison - maybe you get arrested yourself (under an alias of course) and go that route (of course you then have to escape too)

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #61
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:

Given how much time and effort was put into Victoria, and that the entire game revolved completely around her, I really don't see her just being brushed aside to live a happily-ever-after. Who knows, given her relationship with 47 she may end up willfully following him anyway, a kind of Natalie Portman/The Professional type deal.
I just dont see that happening. As i said before, she is supposed to be what 47 could of been. We have 47 and we have Victoria. They are two very different people born out of almost the same circumstance. I think having Victoria follow 47 or become what 47 is completely destroys what IO just built with Absolution. I could see her having a recurring role, maybe as a handler, but i still doubt it. The way that character seemed to be written wasnt to be a future assassin or even an individual who would want to work for the Agency, regardless of how many cool ninja moves she could do.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
see the open world could have a prison in it with a mission to kill either a prisoner or to free someone.... could be fun - it would really allow people to approach a hit in 1000s of ways - maybe you want to blow a hole in the prison - maybe you get arrested yourself (under an alias of course) and go that route (of course you then have to escape too)
I think that could deff work. It'll be interesting to see how the new Metal Gear does the more open world setting. Maybe future Hitman titles could take a few cues from that.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #63
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
I just dont see that happening. As i said before, she is supposed to be what 47 could of been. We have 47 and we have Victoria. They are two very different people born out of almost the same circumstance. I think having Victoria follow 47 or become what 47 is completely destroys what IO just built with Absolution. I could see her having a recurring role, maybe as a handler, but i still doubt it. The way that character seemed to be written wasnt to be a future assassin or even an individual who would want to work for the Agency, regardless of how many cool ninja moves she could do.
Where you say "disservice" I say "natural progression" We definitely saw two completely different things in the character/story. Even from very early on (when 47 left Victoria with the nuns) Victoria asked if she could tag along. It is absolutely within the realm of possibility that after saving her, killing scores of people to do so, and just generally being an all-around bad ass that the impressionable young girl would come to admire 47. Not to mention that 47 and Victoria have that shared origin, being two of a kind could go a long, long way toward seeing Victoria willingly follow in his footsteps.

It's all speculation at this point of course, we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with in the next game. I think it's pretty interesting that we both watched the exact same cut scenes and still managed to come away with two completely separate views.

Last edited by James; 12-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #64
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Where you say "disservice" I say "natural progression" We definitely saw two completely different things in the character/story. Even from very early on (when 47 left Victoria with the nuns) Victoria asked if she could tag along. It is absolutely within the realm of possibility that after saving her, killing scores of people to do so, and just generally being an all-around bad ass that the impressionable young girl would come to admire 47. Not to mention that 47 and Victoria have that shared origin, being two of a kind could go a long, long way toward seeing Victoria willingly follow in his footsteps.

It's all speculation at this point of course, we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with in the next game. I think it's pretty interesting that we both watched the exact same cut scenes and still managed to come away with two completely separate views.
I just cant see it as a natural progression though. I think its more than clear Victoria wants nothing to do with that life style. When she mentions she wants to go with 47, that was more of a comfort idea rather than, hey i want to go watch you kill people. She saw 47 as a protector and didnt want to be left alone(which was just, considering 47 allowed her to be kidnapped). I would be shocked if Victoria became anything like 47 and would be willing to completely throw my Hitman cred away if they ever "teamed" up for anything. 47 has no desire to team up with anyone. The whole plot behind this title was Diana did not want Victoria to go through the same things 47 did, she wanted her to have a choice. The whole purpose of Victoria was as a tool to dive deeper into the mind of Agent 47. Over the course of all the games we have had hints that he doesnt really enjoy what he does, he doesnt want to be this killer clone. Victoria was used to aid in the depiction of that other side. As i said before, two sides of the same coin, an image used throughout the game.

I think the only reason you think Victoria may go on a path similar to 47 is because of her actions at the end of the game. You saw her disarm a group of highly trained soldiers so because she can do that, must mean she will. Im looking at her character as a literal representation of the opposite side to 47. Something i think the developers intended.

This is fantastic though, i dont think iv ever had this much discussion about the plot of a Hitman title before.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #65
James
Built from Lego

Quote:

I think the only reason you think Victoria may go on a path similar to 47 is because of her actions at the end of the game. You saw her disarm a group of highly trained soldiers so because she can do that, must mean she will. Im looking at her character as a literal representation of the opposite side to 47. Something i think the developers intended.

This is fantastic though, i dont think iv ever had this much discussion about the plot of a Hitman title before.
Honestly, the main reason I think Victoria might go on to lead an action packed life rather than a quiet one is because of what has come before in other, similar stories. There's evidence to support both options, I can totally see where you're coming from and I think it would be a really brave choice on the part of the developers to not have Victoria lead a life of violence in the future. The easy and predictable option would be to have her become a super-assassin. She admires 47, she grows up with Diana and the Agency, she's spent all her time with Diana hearing about 47, idolizing him, she owes 47 her life, he's a legend -there's plenty there for her to want to be just like him.

It would be so simple to have Victoria get in over her head and 47 have to come out of retirement to pull her butt out the fire. It's an old cliche.

But.

I would be genuinely impressed if IO go another direction. A quick nod to show her living a quiet, happy life. Maybe even Diana's assistant/body guard. Victoria's reaction to her actions near the end of the game can be interpreted numerous ways, if it were decided that she was horrified and swore off violence I could definitely appreciate that. In fact, after this discussion I sincerely hope they let Victoria's character go on to have a violent free life, if for no other reason than it would be the less expected of her possible fates.

I'm always up for character/story talk, it's one of my favorite things

Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #66
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

New concept art for Hitman 6.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Next-Game.html

Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #67
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Very curious. I hope that's not 47 with hair.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

haha i dont believe 47 can grow hair. Side effect of the cloning process i believe. Either way its not, im sure its someone we have to eliminate. Someone probably like Wade.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 12-08-2012 at 06:59 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #69
James
Built from Lego

Have they already announced the next game?

Old 12-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #70
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Have they already announced the next game?
Sort of. They have confirmed that the next game will be developed by SE Montreal with input from IO. Other than that and these 2 images, thats all we have.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #71
James
Built from Lego

Wow, that's cool. It's so early yet, those images could get scraped, or evolve into something completely different.

I will say that I hope we get a better villain next time around in terms of skill. Between Blood Money and Absolution (I can't speak for the others in the series) every supposedly bad ass villain (the guy at the White House, Wade, the nuns, etc) have all gone down really easily. Boss fights are kind of non-existent. I don't mean for them to be super powered, if I shoot them in the head or snag them with the razor wire they should go down like anyone else, but actually getting the drop on them should be a bigger challenge.

How cool would it be if we had to face off against a villain who was also a master of disguise? Imagine stalking your prey throughout a level while they stalk you, or perhaps they're after someone else and you have to protect them. What if 47 goes to hide a body in a freezer and finds one already there, sans uniform? A true game of Cat and Mouse through a fairly open level would be incredibly tense fun. If it's been done before, my apologies. I just hope they utilize it, or something similar, in the next go-round.

Last edited by James; 12-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #72
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Wow, that's cool. It's so early yet, those images could get scraped, or evolve into something completely different.

I will say that I hope we get a better villain next time around in terms of skill. Between Blood Money and Absolution (I can't speak for the others in the series) every supposedly bad ass villain (the guy at the White House, Wade, the nuns, etc) have all gone down really easily. Boss fights are kind of non-existent. I don't mean for them to be super powered, if I shoot them in the head or snag them with the razor wire they should go down like anyone else, but actually getting the drop on them should be a bigger challenge.

How cool would it be if we had to face off against a villain who was also a master of disguise? Imagine stalking your prey throughout a level while they stalk you, or perhaps they're after someone else and you have to protect them. What if 47 goes to hide a body in a freezer and finds one already there, sans uniform? A true game of Cat and Mouse through a fairly open level would be incredibly tense fun. If it's been done before, my apologies. I just hope they utilize it, or something similar, in the next go-round.

Yea there's really never been a villain like that as 47 has never come across anyone who even comes close to his skill set, even some of the other clones. This is deff a series that doesn't need the standard boss fight tho. But I'm deff down for anything that makes the hits more challenging.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #73
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Looks like there might actually be a Hitman HD Collection afterall, and its set to be released next month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...tted-on-amazon

Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #74
Benstamania
Shot first.

Nice!

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #75
PWN3R
mowing lawns

Finally! Hope the achievements are difficult because Absolution's were too easy.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote