The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #76
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

So I guess it's Silent Assassin, Contracts, and Blood Money? I wonder how those cheevos will stack since I already 100% Blood Money...

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #77
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

I wonder how much better Blood Money will look? I mean the 360 version was pretty much just an HD release of that title. Either way, i preordered it from Amazon.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #78
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,913
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

i've finally gotten the chance to play absolution.

i'm having a lot of fun, but i'm a bit disappointed at the lack of freedom compared to blood money. also, the game seems somehow less realistic. for example, enemies will know exactly how i look even though i'm totally concealed when i shoot someone with a silenced weapon from afar. also, i don't like the instinct mode, but i feel the gameplay is very dependent on the mechanism so i still keep it on.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #79
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Id say its as dependent on it as Batman is his detective vision. Which isn't much at all

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #80
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Err, except for the fact that you absolutely required to use it whenever you're wearing a disguise...

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #81
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Just hitting it the button quickly to hide your face. I wouldn't consider that using it since in purist its just quick hide.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Err, except for the fact that you absolutely required to use it whenever you're wearing a disguise...
Is that really instinct mode tho? Thats just a mechanism to hide your face, which in purist can only be done like twice before the meter is depleted. I dont consider that the "Instinct Mode". I say thats the ability to see your enemies through walls, locate their paths and look at hints within the world.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #83
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post

i'm having a lot of fun, but i'm a bit disappointed at the lack of freedom compared to blood money. also, the game seems somehow less realistic. for example, enemies will know exactly how i look even though i'm totally concealed when i shoot someone with a silenced weapon from afar. also, i don't like the instinct mode, but i feel the gameplay is very dependent on the mechanism so i still keep it on.
Iv played through the game 4 times now and there is just as many(if not more) ways to kill, say the King of Chinatown as there were some of the targets in Blood Money. The amount of freedom is pretty damn close to past games for the majority of the game. The game isnt really any less realistic than past titles. Iv shot plenty of ppl with a silenced weapon and no one noticed me. The ONLY time you 'need' the instinct mode is to conceal your face from enemies. Outside of that, no, the gameplay isnt dependent on it at all as iv gone through the game twice on Purist(currently working on my 3rd) and all the benefits of the instinct mode are turned off.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #84
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,132
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

One of the best uses of the silenced pistol is using it as a way to move enemies to where you want them. Shooting a wall near by will cause them to wander over and investigate. During one of the later levels I continued doing this from a hatch above the elevator. The idiots would wander into the elevator to see what the noise was and then I'd shoot them in the top of their head. By the time I was done the elevator floor had a pile of corpses and I was free to climb down and wander around.

EDIT: This is also true of the sniper rifle from a long enough distance. Good way to bring enemies into your line of sight.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #85
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
One of the best uses of the silenced pistol is using it as a way to move enemies to where you want them. Shooting a wall near by will cause them to wander over and investigate. During one of the later levels I continued doing this from a hatch above the elevator. The idiots would wander into the elevator to see what the noise was and then I'd shoot them in the top of their head. By the time I was done the elevator floor had a pile of corpses and I was free to climb down and wander around.
LOL. Yea for some reason i never thought of using the pistol that way until like my 2nd Purist playthrough. Its really handy in the final level.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #86
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Is that really instinct mode tho? Thats just a mechanism to hide your face, which in purist can only be done like twice before the meter is depleted. I dont consider that the "Instinct Mode". I say thats the ability to see your enemies through walls, locate their paths and look at hints within the world.
Hmm I guess that's true, though they're still the same thing just with different applications. Hiding your face still uses instinct meter, like you said.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #87
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
 
Master Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 27,672
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

This is currently on sale for PC at Amazon, $20. I wasn't happy to hear about the linear parts but at that price I can deal with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VFHIHA

__________________
~ I was lookin' for a hooker when I found you.
Master Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #88
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
This is currently on sale for PC at Amazon, $20. I wasn't happy to hear about the linear parts but at that price I can deal with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VFHIHA
There are no linear levels in this game. EVERY level can be completed in more than one way. There are sections that are more linear than others, but there is no one set path in a level.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #89
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL
 
The Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 18,913
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Iv shot plenty of ppl with a silenced weapon and no one noticed me.
i disagree. maybe only in certain levels/situations is it true, but i've restarted checkpoints several times to check this out. for example, if there's a group of bad guys and i shoot one of them with a silenced weapon, even if none of them can see me, they somehow know what disguise i'm wearing and my general location. makes no sense.

but overall, i the game is my second favorite in the series behind blood money.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ok children, I got a question for you.
If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #90
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i disagree. maybe only in certain levels/situations is it true, but i've restarted checkpoints several times to check this out. for example, if there's a group of bad guys and i shoot one of them with a silenced weapon, even if none of them can see me, they somehow know what disguise i'm wearing and my general location. makes no sense.

but overall, i the game is my second favorite in the series behind blood money.
Its not hard to figure out which direction a shot came from, so them seeing their friend go down and them knowing the direction you shot from is actually quite accurate. The system is really no different than in previous games. There is a level late in the game where i am able to crouch next to a guard, use my silverballer to kill the target and guard right next to me is none the wiser. So you can absolutely shoot someone with a suppressed weapon and have no one notice you. Maybe it depends on the distance? I mean there is no such thing as a "silenced" gun. Maybe the devs took that into account?

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 12-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #91
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

So, I got this game for Christmas and I'm loving it. In two days I already spent 17 hours on it. Most of it spent on reloading Missions because I wanted to go through them as silently as possible. Did anyone else encounter the Kane & Lynch easter eggs? I had a huge grin when I did.


Last edited by Nathan; 12-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #92
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Yep, there's a few of em sprinkled throughout the game. Pretty awesome.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #93
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

I'm trying to get all the Technique Upgrades right now. Does anyone have any pointers how to get 7500 points in the Cemetery?

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #94
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
So, I got this game for Christmas and I'm loving it. In two days I already spent 17 hours on it. Most of it spent on reloading Missions because I wanted to go through them as silently as possible. Did anyone else encounter the Kane & Lynch easter eggs? I had a huge grin when I did.
Yea iv put 60 hours in it myself and still have yet to do my "points" run.

I wonder, does Kane and Lynch take place in the same world as Hitman? Or u think IO just tossed those 2 in as a quick Easter egg?

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #95
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

I like the idea of them co-existing in the same world. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they are part of a shared Square-Enix universe. With Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs), Agent 47, Kane & Lynch and Lara Croft (if the franchise becomes more Urban Legendy and less mythical) inhabiting the same world. With Deus Ex taking place in the far future of course.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #96
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,819
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Its funny, iv never played nor cared to play the Kane and Lynch games but after seeing them pop up in this, i kinda wanna go and check em out.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #97
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

They are fun co-op games. Well, the 2nd at least. Barely remember the 1st one. Didn't even finish it.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #98
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Man Hitting 101

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #99
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,132
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

Ha! That was great.

What the hell was with the ice cream van in the desert? Glitch? Mod?

The old prison guard was hilarious, there was a lot in the video I never saw/didn't know was possible.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #100
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues
 
Balthus Dire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 12,694
Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

It's an easter egg.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.