The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #101
Nathan

Default Re: Hitman: Absolution - Part 1

I tried the dog bone easter egg earlier. Trippy.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #102
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Hah, I love the little conversations that npcs will have in this game. Some great dialog.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #103
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

There's also some really bizarre sound bits from NPCs when you're getting faked out with the spotting system. For example, I always find it strange that some stranger would say "Hey, pretty boy...yeahhhh you pretty," to a scary looking bald dude like 47.

I'd be avoiding eye contact, personally.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 AM   #104
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
There's also some really bizarre sound bits from NPCs when you're getting faked out with the spotting system. For example, I always find it strange that some stranger would say "Hey, pretty boy...yeahhhh you pretty," to a scary looking bald dude like 47.

I'd be avoiding eye contact, personally.
Lol. I like the one where the dude says hey how ya doing and when u don't reply he's like "oh I'm fine!" Always gotta kick outta that.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #105
Nathan

I haven't played the past Hitman games in a while. What's the story behind the coin?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #106
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Its funny, iv never played nor cared to play the Kane and Lynch games but after seeing them pop up in this, i kinda wanna go and check em out.
The characters are awesome and Jesper Kyd's music kicks ass but I tried to play Dead Men and the gameplay is infuriating. The controls don't feel good at all. I'm not sure if they fixed that in Dog Days lol but I figured you should know before diving in.

Anyhoo I just got through the whole Orphanage bit... so far this is a pretty good game, but it's not what I want out of a Hitman game. I'm not touching Contracts mode until I'm done with the story so if the main game doesn't pick up I hope that delivers at least. If not, I can always go back to Blood Money.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #107
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I haven't played the past Hitman games in a while. What's the story behind the coin?
Nothing really. It was used as a distraction item in Blood Money and here it's used as more of a physical manifestation of the story.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Victoria and 47 are basically two sides of the same coin. The whole story revolves around 47 making sure Victoria doesn't end up on the same side as him.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #108
James
Built from Lego

Quote:

Victoria and 47 are basically two sides of the same coin. The whole story revolves around 47 making sure Victoria doesn't end up on the same side as him.
Even though he totally failed :P

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #109
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post

Anyhoo I just got through the whole Orphanage bit... so far this is a pretty good game, but it's not what I want out of a Hitman game. I'm not touching Contracts mode until I'm done with the story so if the main game doesn't pick up I hope that delivers at least. If not, I can always go back to Blood Money.
That's why this game was so perfect. A retread of the past games wasn't needed, we had 4 of those. It was time for something fresh. This title kept all the elements that made past titles great and layered on the best characterization 47 has ever had. And like u said, there's always Blood Money and Contracts and Silent Assassin(all soon to ne released in HD) and Codename 47.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #110
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Even though he totally failed :P

He deff didn't. He was able to get her away from the Agency and has allowed her to choose her own path. He did exactly what he set out to do.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #111
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
He deff didn't. He was able to get her away from the Agency and has allowed her to choose her own path. He did exactly what he set out to do.
I'm just messing with you

Old 12-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #112
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

LOL.

Man u can mess with me in any other thread on this site, but not this one. This one is that serious business. Real talkz

Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #113
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
That's why this game was so perfect. A retread of the past games wasn't needed, we had 4 of those. It was time for something fresh. This title kept all the elements that made past titles great and layered on the best characterization 47 has ever had. And like u said, there's always Blood Money and Contracts and Silent Assassin(all soon to ne released in HD) and Codename 47.
I don't mind new things but so far it feels like a step backwards. If they can cut out these long, detached sequences of getting from A to B and offer bigger maps for the next game I'll be peachy.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #114
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
I don't mind new things but so far it feels like a step backwards. If they can cut out these long, detached sequences of getting from A to B and offer bigger maps for the next game I'll be peachy.
Eh theres plenty big maps in Absolution. This is the first game to try something new. This game feels like a cohesive world where as past games felt like detached levels. Too "video gamey".

Old 12-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #115
Nathan

Well, the last games were really only about executing hits. So you naturally got all over the place and always had a giant sandbox area to plan out your kills. With little story tying it all together.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #116
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Well, the last games were really only about executing hits. So you naturally got all over the place and always had a giant sandbox area to plan out your kills. With little story tying it all together.
Yea i deff miss some the global feel the previous games had, but id dump that for a cohesive story in a second. There was enough diversity in the levels here that i didnt miss it too much. Plus if i really feel like playing that old style, ill pop in the old games. Its really why i can only get so t'd off at Capcom for what they have done to RE. I mean they can never take away my REmake and Zero...can they?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #117
Nathan

I haven't played the old games in a long time, but I have Blood Money lying around, so I might pop that one in when I'm in the mood. I don't really know what the old games had all that much, but I do miss little things, like being able to hide your gun in a chicken and getting past security disguised as the kitchen staff. I don't think there was any time a moment like that in Absolution. Sure, there were many moments to get past people, but you never had to hide your gear in a creative way.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #118
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
I haven't played the old games in a long time, but I have Blood Money lying around, so I might pop that one in when I'm in the mood. I don't really know what the old games had all that much, but I do miss little things, like being able to hide your gun in a chicken and getting past security disguised as the kitchen staff. I don't think there was any time a moment like that in Absolution. Sure, there were many moments to get past people, but you never had to hide your gear in a creative way.

Yea i can deff agree with that, i miss those small touches. Pulling a pair of Silverballers out of a cake was awesome. Altho really the only way to get past security in this game IS to be disguised as someone else, so they didnt really change anything in that dept.

Iv got the HD Collection on preorder at Amazon, so i cant wait to play those old games again. Hope the Absolution gameplay hasnt spoiled me too much.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #119
Nathan

Oh, I definitely think it'll be difficult to get back into the old games. Well, at least for me. The only game I ever finished was Blood Money and thats because the gameplay felt the most refined. The games before, well, the controls just felt too awkward to really get into them. Maybe I could try once more when the HD collection comes out. I hope it'll be released on the PC too, and with controller support. I was about to buy Blood Money on the PC, probably a year ago, but then I found out that it didn't support game pads and I got the Xbox version instead.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #120
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
The games before, well, the controls just felt too awkward to really get into them.
yea and as much as i adore this series, thats something i cant argue. i was always drawn to the character of 47 far more than i was anything else in the games. Iv been playing those titles since their release so at least i know what to expect in terms of gameplay and i can just have fun revisiting some of my fav locales in the series.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #121
James
Built from Lego

Speaking of cake...

I seem to recall a video where 47 hid inside a giant cake during Absolution. What level was that? I played right to the end and don't remember any cake.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #122
Nathan

I just youtubed the cake. Man, I need to play around the levels more, instead of looking for the quickest way to eliminate a target.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #123
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
Eh theres plenty big maps in Absolution. This is the first game to try something new. This game feels like a cohesive world where as past games felt like detached levels. Too "video gamey".
lol, I'll take "video gamey" over cinematic when it comes to games any day.

Quote:
I just youtubed the cake. Man, I need to play around the levels more, instead of looking for the quickest way to eliminate a target.
You're doing it wrong if you don't spend most of your time exploring the map, stalking NPCs and figuring out your target's patterns.

I'm a lil deeper and my biggest gripe with the game so far aside from the linear sections (seriously, a bar fight? lol gtfo with that s**t.) would be the disguise system. The whole point of disguises has been to get access to places you normally wouldn't be able to so it's irritating as hell that if you're in a disguise you still have to sneak around. Ah well, I think I've got a good handle on what this game has to offer as a whole and I'm ambivalent. At least the shooting is fun.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #124
Nathan

I guess I'm ok with the fact that you still have to sneak around a bit if you are in disguise and that it's blown if you walk straight up to someone's face. You're a bald, angry looking dude, with a bar code/band aid on the back of your head. You kinda stand out. The only time this ever annoys me, if street vendors get in my face and blow my cover. Seriously? Do all street vendors know each other personally, that they rat my out to a cop and blow my cover when I come too close?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #125
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
lol, I'll take "video gamey" over cinematic when it comes to games any day.
Yuck. Much rather have a grand story than simplistic gameplay elements that were in past generation titles.