The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

This seems fishy to me.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #27
Street Vendor
Side-Kick

Works for me.

http://spidermannews.com/

No guns, no killing.
Street Vendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #28
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

When Superman and Batman are stood face to face this will have ZERO meaning as it wont be Bruce Wayne. Marvel have recasted sure but it was still the Marvel character.

James Rhodes
Bruce Banner
Peter Parker
Aunt May
Uncle Ben
Frank Castle

Who the heck is Blake? Has he appeared in the comics? Why should I care that he teams up with Superman?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #29
jedi42
Side-Kick

There are a couple scenarios where this would even have a slight chance of working. One, JGL is Bruce Wayne and its not part of the Nolanverse, but would then confuse the hell out of people. Or two.... Crap this just can't work. Recast Bats of MoS and JL.

jedi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #30
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

If this is true I absolutely would not see the movie. I've never said that about a movie, I think, this far ahead in the game... but I have absolutely zero interest seeing a non-Bruce Wayne Batman in Justice League. Zero.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #31
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I have absolutely zero interest seeing a non-Bruce Wayne Batman in Justice League. Zero.
This.

I mean Ill still see the movie, but having Batman that's not Bruce Wayne? Cmon

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #32
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

The only way I see this working is if the JLA plot has Blake getting Bruce to come out of retirement to help against the threat.

This also work as a proper passing of the torch and we would get Batman AND "Robin" in JLA.

Then after that, future JL films and/or Batman films would feature Blake.

This all, of course, would hinge on Nolan's involvement as Bale would only return if Nolan is involved and this will only work if Bale is Bruce.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I really hope that they won't use the Nolan-verse at all. I want my Batman, that not just trained his body to the limit, but also his mind. I need him to be the super detective with uber prep-time.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #34
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

It isn't even just the fact that it wouldn't be Bruce either... it would be a direct contradiction to the "no superpowers" rule of the Nolanverse. It wouldn't really make sense. It seems like a way to leech off of the success of the Nolan trilogy rather than establishing something new and lasting.

And it reduces the character to mere externals IMHO - "it doesn't matter if the guy is Bruce Wayne, having him in a batsuit will be enough for audiences." The only reason other characters like Dick Grayson and Terry work in the suit is because of their intense close relationship to Bruce, something we never got with Blake, who had a handful of scenes with Bruce before "hey man, here's the batcave!" I can't fathom how this is in any way a good storytelling move and not purely a marketing / money move (and a poor one at that - story is what makes a true success, not gimmicks). If this is true that is.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #35
Zarex
Side-Kick

While it makes a great deal of sense to link the JL movie to the multi billion dollar Dark Knight franchise, I would much prefer WB throw a ton of money at Bale and have him portray Old Man Wayne in the JL film. The actions of the Dark Knight in Gotham many years ago could serve as inspiration for this new group of heroes, and Bruce could train an apprentice in a high tech suit as a lead in to a "Batman Beyond" trilogy. Bruce could even serve as the primary antagonist in the JL origin film, using his rebuilt fortune to "test" the JL members and force their collaboration, ala "Tower of Babel".

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #36
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Did JGL sign a multiple film contract for TDKR or just sign on for that movie? That would indicate a lot as Nolan knew TDKR would be the last...

Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #37
JP
Smelly

I really have no issues with this...

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #38
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
If this is true I absolutely would not see the movie. I've never said that about a movie, I think, this far ahead in the game... but I have absolutely zero interest seeing a non-Bruce Wayne Batman in Justice League. Zero.
I'm thinking the same but come opening week I know I would be there in the cinema.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #39
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I'd rather have NO Batman than JGL as Batman in JL for the main reason that if JL is a success they can put a rebooted Batman in the sequel. If they use JGL they will be stuck with this Blake character.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #40
ryan dube
Go Team Dynamite!

They won't put him in as John Blake, JLA without Bruce Wayne is just silly. They will probably recast.

ryan dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's not what I want to see, but anything could work.

Blake as Batman could easily just be their version of BATMAN BEYOND, which we know WB has bandied about for a while. It's not out of left field after the end of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. It's not my preference, but there are ways it could work.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #42
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan dube View Post
They won't put him in as John Blake, JLA without Bruce Wayne is just silly. They will probably recast.
Yeah, I highly doubt this news is true. Not just because I STRONGLY want it to be false, but because it also just makes no sense.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #43
TheFuture
Rising

I always thought that a big part of the Justice League was the dynamic between the big guns: Wayne and Kent. The idea of Blake being Batman in a JL film just seems inherently flawed to me.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #44
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I always thought that a big part of the Justice League was the dynamic between the big guns: Wayne and Kent. The idea of Blake being Batman in a JL film just seems inherently flawed to me.
Yes exactly. That's part of the big draw for me.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Totally unfair that Nolan was able to throw away everything from the previous Batman to make his movie but the makers of JL will have their hands tied to use a character that doesn't even exist in the comics.

Marvel must be reading this news and laughing their arse off.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #46
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Nope. The only reason I would want Blake would be if he is in a supporting role (Robin or Nightwing) for Bruce rather than Alfred.

Bruce Wayne should be Batman. It'd be like having Bucky as Cap, it's just not right, at least not for the first film.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #47
Rockbottom
Side-Kick

That would be horrible, Blakes ending annoyed me enough in TDKR, I dont want it here but even so it doesn't make sense on so many levels.

The writer of JL even said himself on twitter that his Batman was very different from Nolan's and that script was written before Dark Knight Rises even came out. It has to be Bruce Wayne since Blake doesn't even have the comics for the writer to look at for reference.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #48
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Totally unfair that Nolan was able to throw away everything from the previous Batman to make his movie but the makers of JL will have their hands tied to use a character that doesn't even exist in the comics.

Marvel must be reading this news and laughing their arse off.

Not Nolans fault, man. He wanted his series to be self contained from the start. Its the WB. They should've know better, than trying to mesh things together so late, just because they didn't wanted to fight him on this while things were still in production.
They should just throw enough money at Bale and have him come back. He would, if the script would be great. Just give him a reason to return again, in story. Some huge danger to the world, which he just cannot ignore from his little cafe in florence. It would be no problem.

Last edited by shallbecomeabat; 11-27-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: grammar and stuff
shallbecomeabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #49
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbottom View Post
That would be horrible, Blakes ending annoyed me enough in TDKR, I dont want it here but even so it doesn't make sense on so many levels.

The writer of JL even said himself on twitter that his Batman was very different from Nolan's and that script was written before Dark Knight Rises even came out. It has to be Bruce Wayne since Blake doesn't even have the comics for the writer to look at for reference.
The script for The Dark Knight Rises was finished for January 2011, Justice League was finished, or started I can't remember, by June 2011.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

There's always a ton of BS rumours, remember when Jon Hamm and Matthew Goode were supposedly playing Superman or that we were getting a CGI Superman in MOS well they were BS.

I don't think this will ever happen, Bruce Wayne is Batman no one else.

Everyone who is having doubts just read this post says it all, it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbottom View Post

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote