The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #676
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
I meant bruce wayne is batman and not a character(john blake) made up from nolans bat universe. my bad
Hehe no worries, i was just busting ur balls.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #677
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'd rather have Christian Bale back as Batman rather as JGL. I like JGL, he's kinda cute but he's no Batman at all. Plus if they are gonna introduce a new Batman, that Batman should have a clean slate and not a character we haven't seen before in the past Batman films. And he was not even Bruce Wayne. JGL being Batman would confuse people and they might think the Dark Knight trilogy is connected to the Justice League movie.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #678
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
No. I've never said anything against that. He is. But so are Jean-Paul Valley, Dick Grayson, Terry McGinnis, Damian Wayne, that guy from Year 100, and John Blake.
John Blake was a gothen city cop who was a nod to Robin, what he becomes at the end of the movie (Nightwing or Batman) is irrelevant as Nolan had already declared that thus (TDKR) was his final movie in the series with no connection to any other future movies. It is basically an else worlds tale.

Jean-Paul Valley was a temporary replacement when Bruce was injured.

Dick Grayson was Batman for some months (when Bruce was assumed dead.) but Bruce Wayne is still Batman in the main DC comics continuity.

Terry McGinnis is Batman in the future when Bruce Wayne is an old man.

Damian Wayne is not Batman.

All these names are Not widely known through out the world, ask any person anywhere in the world, they would not know who is Jean-Paul Valley, Dick Grayson, Terry McGinnis, Damian Wayne.

Quote:
Logic like "One article mentioned Marvel was considering him, that means that the article about him being in talks for Justice League was absolutely completely false because I want it to be!" or "The general public won't understand, even though they saw him pass on the mantle in the last movie because I don't want them to."
The General public has seen last seven Batman movies that featured Bruce Wayne as Batman.

After two years (if no other Batman movies comes out) nobody will even remember John Blake character.

Quote:
Him being in talks for Justice League may or may not be false, but Marvel possibly wanting him maybe sometime down the line isn't proof of that. Plus, I really think the public would be fine with it, they followed the Dark Knight Rises and they like Joseph Gordon-Levitt. And to anyone who isn't a hardcore fan that is put off by the lack of Bruce, I don't think it would be a big enough deal to them to entirely put them off from seeing a movie about the goddamn Justice League.
So, you are saying that there is greater support to see John Blake taking up mantle of Batman than seeing Bruce Wayne as Batman in a Justice League movie ? I don't think so.

If WB decide to use John Blake as Batman in all future Justice League movies and solo Batman movies, I will not watch them.

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 01-03-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #679
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
John Blake was a gothen city cop who was a nod to Robin, what he becomes at the end of the movie (Nightwing or Batman) is irrelevant as Nolan had already declared that thus (TDKR) was his final movie in the series with no connection to any other future movies. It is basically an else worlds tale.
The call is WB's, not Nolan's. They own the characters.

Quote:
Jean-Paul Valley was a temporary replacement when Bruce was injured.
Still Batman.

Quote:
Dick Grayson was Batman for some months (when Bruce was assumed dead.) but Bruce Wayne is still Batman in the main DC comics continuity.
Still Batman.

Quote:
Terry McGinnis is Batman in the future when Bruce Wayne is an old man.
Still Batman.

Quote:
Damian Wayne is not Batman.
He is in the future. And in comics continuity he's the one that grows old and mentors Terry.

Quote:
All these names are Not widely known through out the world, ask any person anywhere in the world and they would not know who is Jean-Paul Valley, Dick Grayson, Terry McGinnis, Damian Wayne.
I didn't say they weren't temporary or widely known. I said they were Batmen that weren't Bruce Wayne and they had their own solo stories after taking up the mantle. Every Batman on Film forever won't be John Blake, so even if he appears in the next couple movies, it's still temporary.

Quote:
The General public has seen last seven Batman movies that featured Bruce Wayne as Batman.
I know... So what?

Quote:
After two years (if no other Batman movies comes out) nobody will even remember John Blake character.
I doubt that. But if you say so. Guess they'd just have to make a movie then.

Quote:
So, you are saying that there is greater support to see John Balke taking up mantle of Batman than seeing Bruce Wayne as Batman in a Justice League movie ? I don't think so.
I didn't remotely even kind of close to maybe possibly say that. Like I mentioned when asked if I was deadset on Blake, "being alright with both choices" doesn't equal "greatly preferring the one you don't like."

Quote:
If WB decide to use Jon Blake as Batman in all future Justice League movies and solo Batman movies, I will not watch them.
That I'd gathered.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #680
I Am The Knight
Jokerized

I think JGL would rather go with Marvel than appear to be pissing on Nolan by connecting the Dark Knight Trilogy to Justice League.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by OriginalMiles!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #681
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I think JGL would rather go with Marvel than appear to be pissing on Nolan by connecting the Dark Knight Trilogy to Justice League.
That is a good point, unless the intention from the very beginning was to tie the Dark Knight trilogy with Justice League. But Nolan has been adamant that his Batman is separate, and I seriously doubt Levitt would want to compromise that if the studio is pushing for it.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #682
thorstone
Side-Kick

Even if JGL did do the Guardians film; how would that stop him from reprising his role in the Justice League? Not every film in the world is shot at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Bruce Wayne is Batman not a made up character.
I read this and I heard it in the voice of Will Ferrell.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #683
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Word is, JGL is gunna play Star Lord

Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #684
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Well, he's not playing Star Lord or the lead in Godzilla. JGL's next role is Rodriguez's Sin City 2, where he's playing the lead role of Johnny. Considering how fast Rodriguez likes to shoot and edit his films, I don't think it'll affect JGL's questionable involvement in a JL film.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/jose...e-to-kill-for/

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #685
kvz5
HBIC

Yeah, it won't. Looks like this rumor can't die yet. Sigh...

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #686
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Die, rumor, die!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #687
shauner111
Side-Kick

Plus Goyer responding to the JGL rumor with "I absolutely can not answer that at all". This rumor isn't going to die until WB announces who Batman is. And that won't be until after Man Of Steel probably.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #688
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/sund...ons-addiction/

Quote:
DEADLINE: Since you returned from that sabbatical, you’ve done great indie films like The Lookout and 50/50 and Brick, and big studio movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Inception and Lincoln. I recently wrote that you could have had the lead role in Marvel’s new superhero franchise Rise of the Guardians, and you didn’t go there. What is your priority as you try to figure out what to say yes to? After people see you buffed in this movie, you could carry a gun onscreen for the next 40 years before you sign on for The Expendables 18. Do you want to be the big leading man?

GORDON-LEVITT: For me, it’s first and foremost about a filmmaker who inspires me. In the last year I have been extremely fortunate. I got to work with Rian Johnson and then Chris Nolan and then Steven Spielberg. The job I just took, Sin City 2, I did it because I just love Robert Rodriguez’s movies. And then after filmmakers, it’s the script. Sin City 2 is just a fun part to play. I have eclectic taste in movies I like to watch. This year, Django Unchained was one of my favorite movies, everyone is so good and I’m so happy for Leo because he’s a friend of mine; I know he’s hilarious and he showed that side of himself. I loved Life of Pi, and Beasts of the Southern Wild. Any of those filmmakers, Ang Lee, Quentin Tarantino or Benh Zeitlin, I’d love to be in one of their movies.

DEADLINE: The Batfilm film left your character in an intriguing position to take over that franchise. Does that interest you?

GORDON-LEVITT: It’s not up to me. It comes down to the same two criteria I just mentioned.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #689
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Close thread.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #690
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Close thread?

The core members seems to clarify that WB's plan is to go for familiarity. Having JGL as Batman, Reynolds as Lantern, Cavil as Superman, leaving only two characters to reintroduce. Business-wise it's obvious why this is the key lineup.

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #691
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

JJ Abrams flat out denial then signs on for Episode 7 is proof,don't believe everythig you read.I hope JGL gets cast as Batman.

TIM BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #692
batman44
Go Speed GO

I thought you liked Hammer for the role?

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #693
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
I thought you liked Hammer for the role?
I do and he's my first choice for Bruce Wayne but i still keep the possibility open that TDKR might be the shared universe I and others theorize it to be.I mean look at that report from Hitfix,they have some credibility and I actually believe that there has been some form of talks about Blake,whether it's about JL or a spinoff.I think somethings in the mix,I asked Drew on twitter a couple ago if he still holds to his word about the JGL rumor,he said ''Yes.''I believe him.

TIM BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #694
batman44
Go Speed GO

I no doubt believe that JGL has been discussed among those at WB, but I also believe Moviehole's rumor of WB eyeing Hammer.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited by batman44; 01-24-2013 at 06:11 PM.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #695
Frodo
Side-Kick

I think the 2017 rebooted solo Batman plans and Levitt's recent statements may signal that WB could be moving away from the idea of him playing Batman. Of course things change , but it seems less likely now that Levitt's suiting up . The Nolan series is over I think , in all shapes and forms , and while I do think that WB considered it , I suspect they'll want a clean slate for the reboot . It just gives them more room to do what they want to do creatively with Batman without still being tied down by a previous version of the franchise.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #696
shauner111
Side-Kick

I actually dont think the Hammer rumor is true.

I didnt know that the dude answered a couple days ago and still believes JGL is playing Batman. I find that interesting. It does make sense, business-wise to keep the Nolan movies going. But im hearing that the Bat reboot will be happening in 2017. It doesnt make sense to keep Nolans continuity going and then reboot. It doesnt make sense at all. Unless that reboot stuff is bogus and its not even on their radar til the decade is over with.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #697
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I still stand by what I said in the beginning. I refuse to watch the movie in theatres when it comes out if Bruce Wayne isn't Batman, Clark Kent isn't Superman, and Diana isn't Wonder Woman (replacing Wally with Barry and/or Hal Jordan with John Stewart, though I wouldn't be happy with these decisions, would be at least something I could understand and accept).

The moment Batman and Superman meet on the big screen has been hyped up for decades. It will be a historic moment that will forever change the face of comic book movies and will also be WB/DC's first and biggest shot at making a JL film as great as you can make it. Replacing Bruce Wayne with John Blake would be a major mistake and a slap in the face to everyone that has waited for this moment for a long time.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #698
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I still stand by what I said in the beginning. I refuse to watch the movie in theatres when it comes out if Bruce Wayne isn't Batman, Clark Kent isn't Superman, and Diana isn't Wonder Woman

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #699
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 01-24-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #700
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I actually dont think the Hammer rumor is true.

I didnt know that the dude answered a couple days ago and still believes JGL is playing Batman. I find that interesting. It does make sense, business-wise to keep the Nolan movies going. But im hearing that the Bat reboot will be happening in 2017. It doesnt make sense to keep Nolans continuity going and then reboot. It doesnt make sense at all. Unless that reboot stuff is bogus and its not even on their radar til the decade is over with.
Unless the reboot would just be the John Blake run. I really don't see Blake's version having the same supporting cast. Calling it a continuation would imply that more people are returning other than Blake. But, just having Blake and showing Blake's early years I guess could be a form of a reboot. I don't Hollywood has ever done a passing of the torch like this before so it could be complicated as to what exactly call it. Just a guess.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote