The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #51
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

I'm gonna say no to JGL. He's just not big or imposing in any way. And the costume's gonna make him look shorter and scrawnier still.

Looking at him one wouldn't automatically see Batman, unlike Cavill who absolutely exudes Superman.

Plus they should stick with Bruce Wayne anyway.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymaverick View Post
I'm gonna say no to JGL. He's just not big or imposing in any way. And the costume's gonna make him look shorter and scrawnier still.

Looking at him one wouldn't automatically see Batman, unlike Cavill who absolutely exudes Superman.

Plus they should stick with Bruce Wayne anyway.
No bothered about build, look at Bale in The Machinest compared to Bale in BB a few months later. My problem is it isn't Bruce Wayne.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #53
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I have mixed feelings on this, guess we'll have to wait for an official statement.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #54
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
There's always a ton of BS rumours, remember when Jon Hamm and Matthew Goode were supposedly playing Superman or that we were getting a CGI Superman in MOS well they were BS.
Well, there's truth to this rumor. Drew McWeeny has have exclusive scoops that turned out to be true, so there's more to it than those baseless Jon Hamm/Matthew Goode/David Tennant rumors. WB hasn't come out to vigoriously deny or confirm the rumor. (Not a peep from JGL either.)

If it happens, people ought to keep an open mind. Ultimately who'll direct and how the script turns out will determine JL's fate, not necessarily casting.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #55
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
So, we'd get our first, live-action Justice League Movie and the most dangerous man on earth, actually isn't going to be part of the team, because he's chilling somewhere in Paris.
Paris? You can't have seen TDKR.

Airwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The rumor is false.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #57
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Oh my, the biggest comic fanboys are gonna rage on this. Personally I love the idea of it though!

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #58
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Not sure I buy this rumor. Just remember guys we have no idea who these SOURCES are.

Reliable "sources" said Green Lantern 2 was in the works.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #59
Sun_Down
Groovy

I highly doubt this is real. Highly, highly doubt this.

But if it was, I'd be on board. JGL is a great actor, and I personally would rather have a great actor playing Blake than a crappy/average actor playing Bruce (see: 95% of casting suggestions around here). The continuity would be cool, too, although the separate Nolanverse is also cool.

The people whining about it not being Bruce, well, those people will whine about anything.

Last edited by Sun_Down; 11-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Sun_Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #60
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
The people whining about it not being Bruce, well, those people will whine about anything.

Thanks for poisoning the well there. I appreciate it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #61
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Not sure I buy this rumor. Just remember guys we have no idea who these SOURCES are.
Vile, look up McWeeny's other exclusives. He's pretty reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Like I've said earlier, reps lie (just like WB did about MOS not being released in 3D). The fact that WB or JGL himself haven't confirmed or denied anything speak volumes.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #62
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Vile, look up McWeeny's other exclusives. He's pretty reliable.

Like I've said earlier, reps lie (just like WB did about MOS not being released in 3D). The fact that WB or JGL himself haven't confirmed or denied anything speak volumes.

JGL doesn't comment on any rumors at all and WB is probably just happy someone's talking about them.

venus_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #63
Frodo
Side-Kick

So basically if you liked the end of TDKR you like the idea of Blake as Batman in JLA , but if you didn't like the ending you're against it. Lol. Im not keen on the project in general and the idea f JGL makes me like it even less.

Don't get me wrong , I like JGL , and 500 Days of Summer is one of my favorite films , but I really didn't think Blake was such an amazing character that he warrented his own film as Batman nor as Batman in a JLA film. Nolan's created some interesting characters in the past...Blake wasn't one of them.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #64
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
So basically if you liked the end of TDKR you like the idea of Blake as Batman in JLA , but if you didn't like the ending you're against it.
I think people who liked TDKR's ending are the ones who don't want JGL playing Blake... but him playing Bruce Wayne is fine? Serious illogical thinking here.

I can understand both sides' reasoning for not wanting JGL... but it might happen. And if it does, look at the bright side: JGL likes doing interesting and good movies. He has clout to do what he wants now, and it's a serious vote of confidence on the script.

And having a pair of actors who've worked with Chris Nolan will draw in interested directors who originally passed on JL earlier.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #65
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Well, there's truth to this rumor. Drew McWeeny has have exclusive scoops that turned out to be true, so there's more to it than those baseless Jon Hamm/Matthew Goode/David Tennant rumors. WB hasn't come out to vigoriously deny or confirm the rumor. (Not a peep from JGL either.)

If it happens, people ought to keep an open mind. Ultimately who'll direct and how the script turns out will determine JL's fate, not necessarily casting.
Told ya, also just because the person who gave the scoop has been right in the past means nothing, the person who gave the false GL 2 scoop had previous correct scoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't know why anyone even thought this would happen tbh.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #66
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Well im pretty sure the JGL rumour is bull and Im happy that it probably is.I honestly dont want to seeNolans Batman in this.

Reason being that Nolans bats is drastically underpowered.

Nolans Batman doesnt have the intellectual,physical powess to be of use to a Jl and his resources are not fantastical enough to help them.
A Batman who is not the worlds greatest detective,Martial artists and/or does not have outrageous gadgetry is not worthy to be on the JL team.
Batman needs to the worlds most dangerous man.Its the only way to justify why a normal human can play a role on the team

Thers also the act that I want to see a Clark/Bruce Dynamic.Without it and no solo movie leadups Jl really has no appeal for me and wld probaly skip watching it in Cinemas like I did SR and GL.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #67
Frodo
Side-Kick

JGL Blake/Bat just sounds lame and lazy to me. It comes off as WB desperately holding on to a dying francise without even bothering to get Bale back.

Then again , i'd prefer they give time for Cavill to establish his own francise , launch WW, and focus on the Arrow show with a potential film franchise down the line before jumping into JLA. I personally think the Batman francise needs time to rest , and time to allow fresh blood and a new pair of eyes to reboot it.

Unless MOS bombs or underperforms however, they aren't gonna take the slow build up route.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #68
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Paris? You can't have seen TDKR.
Ok, Italy. Haven't watched the Movie since Theaters.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #69
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

If this is this is true and if MoS is a success. Then the hype for JL among the GA will be huge believe me. Combining the worlds Goyer and Nolan has introduced in TDKT and MOS while taking it in an even more fantastical direction could prove be a winning combo. It's like grounding it just to take it higher step by step, potentially making the fantastical even more impactful.

That's what I would do suggest if I was in charge at least.

Edit: Damn, saw the rumor has been debunked already. That was a short time I got to dream.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #70
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Told ya, also just because the person who gave the scoop has been right in the past means nothing, the person who gave the false GL 2 scoop had previous correct scoops.
Well, WB was all gung-ho to get going on a GL2 for a 2013 release... until the movie came out to mixed critical reaction and middling box-office results. They had a screenplay commissioned and were talking to Louisiana film officials about returning... but the movie wasn't successful.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #71
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

I find it very funny that people still say that Nolans Batman wasn't smart. Sure, he wasn't as smart as in the comics, but he was still a genius.

- He fixed the autopilot problem that even Lucius couldn't fix on the Bat
- He build the sonar cell phone thingy, without Lucius help

shallbecomeabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #72
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

He's smart and dumb in equal measure. For every Fox device he fixed or improved upon, he was easily deceived by an Al Ghul, or glibly dismissed the prowess of his antagonist (Bane and Joker).

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #73
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallbecomeabat View Post
I find it very funny that people still say that Nolans Batman wasn't smart. Sure, he wasn't as smart as in the comics, but he was still a genius.

- He fixed the autopilot problem that even Lucius couldn't fix on the Bat
- He build the sonar cell phone thingy, without Lucius help
If he is not as smart as the comics he has no use on the JL.What people say is that Nolan nerfed down Batmans abilities-they are right and that ruled ou his use to Jl

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #74
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

He's the guy with the master plans. He's a person, who doesn't just win a fight through raw strength, but with his willpower and wits. If he isn't the guy who has contingency plans for his, contingency plans, you are missing an essential part of the character, which gives him the right to walk among the gods of the Justice League.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #75
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

as much as i like JGL and how TDKR ended, i don't really want him to play Batman. why you ask? because Bruce Wayne IS Batman!!!

if Levitt's character in TDKR actually ended up being Dick Grayson or Tim Drake (totally missed opportunity at the end) then i might actually support this idea

besides, it would be a better idea to have Man Of Steel be the start off point/film to an eventual Justice League movie

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote