The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #76
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: JGL as Batman!!!???

I loved the ending of Rises too, but I'm certain JGL won't be Batman in JL they've already stated that the Batman in JL will spin into his own movies and they aren't gonna continue on from the Nolan series.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #77
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
If this is this is true and if MoS is a success. Then the hype for JL among the GA will be huge believe me. Combining the worlds Goyer and Nolan has introduced in TDKT and MOS while taking it in an even more fantastical direction could prove be a winning combo. It's like grounding it just to take it higher step by step, potentially making the fantastical even more impactful.

That's what I would do suggest if I was in charge at least.

Edit: Damn, saw the rumor has been debunked already. That was a short time I got to dream.
It's not debunked. We can still dream

I agree with you. Slowly introducing a superhero like Superman in that world for the first time in MOS will have a lot of impact. And then even more-so with JLA. Then slowly a possible Batman movie starring JGL, they can add something to the stylistic look of Gotham, since it will be rebuilt after Banes attack.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #78
Edguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
He's smart and dumb in equal measure. For every Fox device he fixed or improved upon, he was easily deceived by an Al Ghul, or glibly dismissed the prowess of his antagonist (Bane and Joker).
This. I think the deal is Batman should always be in charge. Sometimes, to create suspense, it should not seem that way to the audience, but then he comes up with a contingency plan etc.

With that, it could be a very impact-full event when Bruce actually don't know what to do, or how to handle a threat.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #79
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

I wouldn't mind JGL/Blake as Batman in a JL movie. As long as they give him a lot of the same character traits attributed to Bruce. He should at least have a relationship with Lucius/Wayne enterprises. The lack of training can even be addressed by making Blake a slightly more tech-reliant Batman. In fact, this can somewhat compensate for Batman being able to stand alongside the rest of the Justice League.

"He's not a real character" or "He's not Bruce" are weak reasons. However, I can see how this can affect the legacy of the Dark Knight trilogy. Then again, I do not see how a DC movie-verse would contradict Nolanverse if they simply point out that the events of the Dark Knight trilogy takes place before MoS or GL.

In fact, the League of Shadows, the fear toxin, the Microwave emitter, the fusion reactor, and even the Bat are somewhat fantastical elements that exist in the Nolan-verse.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #80
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman497 View Post
Worst rumor thus far.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #81
Boom
I got nothin'

Well, this would be one way to keep me from seeing this movie.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #82
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
My feelings exactly.

I have zero interest seeing a non-Bruce Wayne Batman interact with Clark Kent. Zero.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #83
UmbilicalNoose
Banned User

This would be so much better if JGL was playing Bruce Wayne, or if his character was named Tim Drake or Dick Grayson...This makes sense from a financial standpoint but I still dont like the idea of a Batman in Justice League not being Bruce Wayne. Bruce and Clark are the reasons people will see this

UmbilicalNoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #84
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

This isn't going to happen.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #85
UmbilicalNoose
Banned User

Let's hope so. Im surprised the reaction here is so mixed? The appeal of Batman is that he is Bruce Wayne.John Blake doesnt even exist in the books. Id be more cool with this idea if it were Dick Grayson or even Terry McGuiness.

Reboot Batman in Justice League, with BRUCE being Batman not Blake. Plus, isnt this movie supposed to spin off a new Batman series?

Who the hell wants to see a John Blake solo franchise.....?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #86
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbilicalNoose View Post
This would be so much better if JGL was playing Bruce Wayne
Now THAT would be weird and suck.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #87
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

If JGL is Bruce ? just cast him as Bruce Wayne in JLA and then Reboot the Batman franchise with him AS Bruce not John Blake.

ps : if you accept the Nolanverse or in general the DC Cinematic Universe after Batman Begins as the Ultimate Universe with changes to the characters it wouldn't mind a different Batman or a different JLA for that matter if they did it right like Nolan did with B-Man. Its gonna be hard for the GA to even understand what is going on but the fans will know.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #88
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

JGL doesn't look a thing like Bruce Wayne.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #89
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
If JGL is Bruce ? just cast him as Bruce Wayne in JLA and then Reboot the Batman franchise with him AS Bruce not John Blake.

ps : if you accept the Nolanverse or in general the DC Cinematic Universe after Batman Begins as the Ultimate Universe with changes to the characters it wouldn't mind a different Batman or a different JLA for that matter if they did it right like Nolan did with B-Man. Its gonna be hard for the GA to even understand what is going on but the fans will know.
He can't go from been one main character in a .batman film to been Bruce Wayne/Batman in another, not gonna happen in a million years.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #90
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's hope so. Im surprised the reaction here is so mixed? The appeal of Batman is that he is Bruce Wayne.John Blake doesnt even exist in the books. Id be more cool with this idea if it were Dick Grayson or even Terry McGuiness.

Reboot Batman in Justice League, with BRUCE being Batman not Blake. Plus, isnt this movie supposed to spin off a new Batman series?

Who the hell wants to see a John Blake solo franchise.....?
I personally don't see what the appeal of a Blake Batman is, but everybody has their own perspective . Like i've said before, to me, it just seems so cheap and lazy. Its holding on to a francise and continuity who's time is over , and trying to milk it and keep it going because they're afraid of starting a new again.

Its over . Its time for WB to cut the cord and let Nolan's francise and versions of characters rest. If anything JLA should be a chance to start fresh , not to keep hanging on to the past.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #91
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
This would be so much better if JGL was playing Bruce Wayne, or if his character was named Tim Drake or Dick Grayson...This makes sense from a financial standpoint but I still dont like the idea of a Batman in Justice League not being Bruce Wayne. Bruce and Clark are the reasons people will see this
Only if you really, really want to confuse the audience.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #92
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

This idea... makes me unhappy. I rarely get this way over news, but if there is gonna be this big event team up JL movie, I don't want to see Robin Blake interact with Clark Kent. We haven't waited years to see a Batman/Superman interaction only for one of them to not be their original character.

Now I'm not gonna shut myself away from this totally. Time will be more telling. But right now I don't like this idea at all. Move on from Nolan. Blake, despite being a variation on Robin, is a Nolan character anyway. Blake as Batman was presented as advancing the idea of the symbol. I dont think the intent was to actually see him being it. Blake, who we've seen in only one movie as a supporting character is gonna join these guys? He just isn't as interesting as the idea of Bruce in these scenarios as of now. My God, give me Armie Hammer as Batman, not this.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #93
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

While I understand 110% why people would of hated that the first JL didn't even had Wayne as Batman; I would of liked to of seen what could of happened with Blake as Batman in JL. I do prefer Wayne, though. I just thought this could of been interesting.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #94
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

JGL as Blakeman in Justice League >>>>>>>>>>> Val Kilmer in his current state as Batman in Justice League >>>>>>>>>>> Armie Hammer as Batman in Justice League

Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #95
Airwings
Waves of air

I think the rumour meant that JGL should have played Bruce Wayne and not Blake in JL. People seem to confuse the actor with the character in TDKR.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #96
UmbilicalNoose
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I think the rumour meant that JGL should have played Bruce Wayne and not Blake in JL. People seem to confuse the actor with the character in TDKR.
How does that make sense? I think youre wrong, sorry.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #97
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I personally don't see what the appeal of a Blake Batman is, but everybody has their own perspective . Like i've said before, to me, it just seems so cheap and lazy. Its holding on to a francise and continuity who's time is over , and trying to milk it and keep it going because they're afraid of starting a new again.

Its over . Its time for WB to cut the cord and let Nolan's francise and versions of characters rest. If anything JLA should be a chance to start fresh , not to keep hanging on to the past.
Just playing Devil's advocate (I'm still undecided about how I feel about this), but isn't going back to Bruce Wayne "hanging on to the past?" Utilizing the John Blake character would be a pretty ballsy move on WB's part.

Take Batman Beyond for instance. I'm sure it had a lot of naysayers in its time with a Batman who isn't Bruce, yet its become a somewhat beloved part of the Batman mythos.

Whether or not Blake is a "character from the books," one should note that Nolan has probably had a larger impact on the Batman mythos amongst the general public than the comics have as of late. Who do you think the general public might be more familiar with: either Tim Drake/Damien Wayne or John Blake?

However, even though continuing Blake's story could further crystallize the importance of Nolan's trilogy, it can also equally **** on his legacy if poorly executed.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #98
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I'm so sorry.

/Obi-Wan

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #99
hotrain33
Side-Kick

John gordon levit is not a right fit for either bruce or batman. What i had hope that he was going to carry on the mantle as a defender of gotham with his own persona ala nightwing or robin. If they decide to use him the backstory would be that during batman's hiatus from crime fighting he adopted a young john blake who went decided to enter the police academy at age nineteen. This is why he became a cop he knew who the batman was from the start. If nolan is somehow involved with the film bale would also be available they can say that when bruce returned he became the head of the new organization that was placed after his presumed death.

hotrain33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #100
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
How does that make sense? I think youre wrong, sorry.
Why should JGL play Blake in JL just because he played Blake in TDKR?
Nolan's story is finished, and the actor JGL is not bound to be Blake forever in a Gotham setting. Especially not if it's going to be another director's take on Batman.
You, along with others, have a very limited way of thinking.
I guess some people think Maud Adams played Andrea Anders in Octopussy, and that Scaramanga's mistress came back to life somehow.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote