The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #226
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

No,they most likely will have him crippled after years brain dead.They wiill want Patrick stewert to be like he was In other films.It's very doudtful they will ever mention this Is xavier's mind In brother's twin body.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #227
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
No,they most likely will have him crippled after years brain dead.They wiill want Patrick stewert to be like he was In other films.It's very doudtful they will ever mention this Is xavier's mind In brother's twin body.
Please, tell me the scene in The Last Stand where they mentioned that Charles had a twin brother. I don't think the man was supposed to be his brother.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #228
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That was confirmed In audio commantary.

Let's also remember onscreen In Captain America:The First Avenger there Is no Indication of anything special with Barnes and no Indication he survived.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #229
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Let me break this down for you:

Behind the scenes, this is the X-universe equivalent to Nicholas Meyer returning to the original Star Trek film series to direct Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, which made no reference to the critical/audience failure Star Trek V, or any other film that Meyer didn't really have a creative hand in.

And in front of the camera, like I've said previously, imagine a Star Trek '09 scenario...parallel universe/future where old and new universes begin to crack/intersect...

Singer won't be referencing any film he wasn't creatively involved in...bank on it. And he surely won't be asking Sir Stewart to play a doppelganger with Xavier's original brain patterns (might work in the comic, but way too ludicrous for a major motion picture!).

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #230
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Let me put it this way.The Wolverine will help set up Days of future Past In some way.

Days of future Past will likely open like Star Trek Generations did with slightly larger sequenze of Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine and others In dark future
with Sentinles that Is possible future for X-men/X2 characters.References to The Last Stand are going to be Ignored like the plague.I am betting 3 or 4 others join patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and Hugh Jackman.If James Marsden or Famke Janssen Is Included that tells us all we need to know about how
Bryan Singer Is treating the Last Stand with other films.DOFP may be like how Star Trek 2009 would have been If they would have started In 24th century and showed us the destrocun of Romolas,Spock Prime's efforts to save the galaxy and the negining of Neo revenge.

One character In this future time travels back to 1960's.I just feel they are going to want to have someone from X-Men/X2 Interacting with First Class cast.

If they make radical change from comic as some advocated with Bishop or Cable It's more likely they would change the time travel to one person to possibly more from X-Men/X2

Like Star Trek 2009 when time traveler meets up with 60's Xavier and X-Men at that era most likely Xavier will read mind and more Information on how the dark future comes about.How the brotherhood Launches public attack and commits as assassination possibly Introducing general public to exsistance of mutants.Who the target Is nobody knows.

Now If DOFP has any changes to timeline It would be because the X-Men stop the assassination and thewt the Brotherhood's attack.The time traveler
could reurn to future to find changes.The film could end with the first Class cast not knowing what preventing the brotherhood's attack has had on the future.

Any changes to history have to come after the time travel plot.But I think people expecting Bryan Singer to be directing and removing his own films from cannon are going to be disappointed.He has alwyas called first Class a prequel with liberties(he just never said which films First Class Is prequel to which raises possibilty he viewed It as prequel to just X-men and X2) the only non Singer film we can be sure that Is part of cannon with DOFP Is the Wolverine.

Fox may want the opotion to do something with original cast In future.Another Wolverine film If nothing else.And If Fox does spinoffs like X-Force,New Mutants,and Deadpool they may want them In more present day while contuning In first Class In 1970's and 1980's.Even If they don't do another full blown X-Men film with original cast they may want to use them for third wolverine or spinoff films.

Lauren Shueller Donnor mentioned a X4 leading Into X5.We know the X4 Idea was days of future past.But Is X5 she mentioned third film with first Class cast or another film with original cast members?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #231
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
The viewing order of films should go like this-First Class,X-men 1-3,The Wolverine,DOFP

Halle Berry,Rebecca romijn,and Anna Paquin are most likely choices to join Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Hugh Jackman In future scenes.

It's more problematic for james Marsden and Famke Janssen due to their deaths In Last Stand.I firmly expected Famke's reported cameo In The Wolverine to eather be a dream of wolverine or hallunciation of his after being seriously Injured.

Now they could have cameo by James and Famke at end of film by having time traveler returning to fuutre to see things have changed like future of sentinles prevented for now and Cyclops and Jean alive.That's the only way you can keep The Last Stand In cannon and have James and Famke In film.
Yes it should be and I hope FOX won't really complicate the viewers/fans on how these films should be viewed as part of the same timeline or different timeline.

I don't think its really necessary to bring back the characters that already died in the past and this is not even a reboot. I get why people would want to see Jean and Cyclops back, but seriously. Their appearance wouldn't make the film any better, they would just confuse casual viewers if they bring them back alive like as if nothing happened on X3. Maybe if the future X-Men are going to the past to prevent the deaths of Jean, Scott and Xavier, then that would be a good idea. But to bring back those characters like as if nothing happened on X3 would just be really lazy.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #232
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yes it should be and I hope FOX won't really complicate the viewers/fans on how these films should be viewed as part of the same timeline or different timeline.

I don't think its really necessary to bring back the characters that already died in the past and this is not even a reboot. I get why people would want to see Jean and Cyclops back, but seriously. Their appearance wouldn't make the film any better, they would just confuse casual viewers if they bring them back alive like as if nothing happened on X3. Maybe if the future X-Men are going to the past to prevent the deaths of Jean, Scott and Xavier, then that would be a good idea. But to bring back those characters like as if nothing happened on X3 would just be really lazy.
Agreed. I think it's time to let go of the wrongs that were committed to the original Jean and Cyclops. I think trying to retcon X3 will only make things worse. The best thing to do is work on the original characters that are still redeemable (like Storm and Rogue) and fix Jean and Scott in the FC timeline.

The FC timeline can be shown to alter the future. Then it won't have to serve as a prequel anymore and can tell it's own stories unencumbered.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #233
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think its really necessary to bring back the characters that already died in the past and this is not even a reboot. I get why people would want to see Jean and Cyclops back, but seriously. Their appearance wouldn't make the film any better, they would just confuse casual viewers if they bring them back alive like as if nothing happened on X3.
Well, if the future sequences in DoFP are meant to happen after X3 then I don't see how bringing back Patrick Stewart will not confuse the casual viewers, unless it's for some kind of "happy" epilogue. The twin brother twist in X3 won't count for much because, unless you stuck around waiting for the credits to end, you'd have no idea that it happened and the casual viewers would sure as heck not have seen the audio commentary. I can't see how you can squeeze in an explanation somewhere in DoFP without it sounding totally lame and awkward.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #234
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Well, if the future sequences in DoFP are meant to happen after X3 then I don't see how bringing back Patrick Stewart will not confuse the casual viewers, unless it's for some kind of "happy" epilogue. The twin brother twist in X3 won't count for much because, unless you stuck around waiting for the credits to end, you'd have no idea that it happened and the casual viewers would sure as heck not have seen the audio commentary. I can't see how you can squeeze in an explanation somewhere in DoFP without it sounding totally lame and awkward.
They could always replay the twin brother after the credits scene during the intro or something like that

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #235
huzzah
Side-Kick

So what happened to the twin brother in First Class?

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #236
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well the Idea was suspose to be the twin was born braindead and had been In hospital from years.But,It's very doudtful anything from Last Stand will be referenced In DOFP.
And that Is If Bryan Singer doesn't outright Ignore The Last Stand.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #237
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

You guys seem adamantly sure about what Singer will and will not do...

Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #238
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, lol

some superherohype users are close friends of Singer, so thats why they are so sure about who will appear and who not

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #239
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If you go with past work and staements of Bryan Singer that can you give you clues to how he would approach Days of future Past.

His work on Superman returns and his attempt to revive battlestar Galactica as TV sequel to original can give you Insight.

He has talked about connecting various films and trying dots of films together In DOFP.

He clearly will not want to call attention to X-Men film(Last Stand) he clearly doesn't think much of.Xavier being crippled and he and Magneto going their seperate ways In 1960's In first Class came from him.

He Is a star Trek fan.And was one long before Star Trek 2009.He called X2 the wrath of Khan of X-Men films.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #240
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
That was confirmed In audio commantary.

Let's also remember onscreen In Captain America:The First Avenger there Is no Indication of anything special with Barnes and no Indication he survived.
Where in audio commentary? I've listened to the audio commentary and I don't remember that being mentioned at all.

There's no indication that Bucky survived except for the fact that we know he does, and there was the implication that he had already been experimented on when Zola was seen running out of the room after Steve saw him. I don't get why you even referenced that, since it's entirely different from the Charles' "twin brother" situation.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #241
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It was mentioned In the writers/Director commantary on Last Stand DVD.

There was never any indication In Cap on screen their version of Barnes was expermented on so It Is a good compassion.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #242
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
It was mentioned In the writers/Director commantary on Last Stand DVD.

There was never any indication In Cap on screen their version of Barnes was expermented on so It Is a good compassion.
It's not a good comparison, because Zola was seen running from the room and Bucky was on a table surrounded by experimental objects. It's easy for someone to assume he was experimented on, while the Charles body-switching is seemingly another person unless you listen to to commentary and find out it was supposed to be his twin brother. Nowhere in the actual movie was that mentioned or implied, unlike the Bucky situation.

Thanks for letting me know about the commentary mentioning that, though. I had no idea. Looks like I need to refresh my memory by watching TLS.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #243
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, lol

some superherohype users are close friends of Singer, so thats why they are so sure about who will appear and who not
Eh and yet you are the 1 person here who is always optimistic about everything, that anything that they will do will work out very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I would rather have the "twin body" twist because it would easier to pull off and to expalin than having an alternate universe.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-19-2012 at 03:02 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #244
NanaT
X-Men United!

Which deleted scene have you watched. My dvd has the extended scene so you can clearly see that the patient is patrick stewart. Plus moira says charles. so that's kind of an indication.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #245
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I just assumed she said Charles from the Voice. I still have not seen where it shows it's actually Patrick Stewart. Granted I haven't revisited that movie in a while.

The only indication its Patrick is from his freakishly hairy chest (white chest hair!) LOL he's hairier than Wolverine.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #246
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Some one already mentioned that the dvd commentary clearly says it's Xaviers twin.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #247
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I know that but the audience that only saw the movie in the theatres might not. I know the first time I saw it I just thought it was another actor with Patrick's voice dubbed-in.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #248
BMM
Side-Kick

Plus, it's a stupid idea.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #249
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Patrick Stewert Is In film.We have 2 opotions here

1:He Is playing Xavier's twin with Xavier's mind(although doudtful they would call
attention to that on screen)
2:They are outright Ignoring the events of The Last Stand.

Tom Rothman forced them on Last Stand to do the twin as way for Xavier to be used
In future films.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #250
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Or it's option 3 - an alternate timeline.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote