The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #176
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

I disagree, but only because the presence of future characters post-TLS is not crucial to coherent continuity. Would it be nice to see Berry join her fellow OT alumni? Yes, it would, but her absence can be easily worked around.

It is much harder, based on the way First Class ends, to explain away the absences of the characters I mentioned without a major time jump between movies and that doesn't strike me as being likely.

Someone I should've added, though, is Rose Byrne, but I'd forgotten about her.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #177
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
I would add Storm to that list.
Yes it looked she became the head-mistress of the Xavier Institute.

It would be odd to drop her character off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I disagree, but only because the presence of future characters post-TLS is not crucial to coherent continuity. Would it be nice to see Berry join her fellow OT alumni? Yes, it would, but her absence can be easily worked around.

It is much harder, based on the way First Class ends, to explain away the absences of the characters I mentioned without a major time jump between movies and that doesn't strike me as being likely.

Someone I should've added, though, is Rose Byrne, but I'd forgotten about her.
So as the absence Azazel, Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost and Riptide. It depends on the writing.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 AM   #178
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
....sorry...very excited for Kitty!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #179
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

It looks like Hugh's comment was right when he said "every other person to dawn an X-men uniform will be in it," sadly I think we won't be seeing Jean, Scott, Storm, or Beast. TLS did kill off Scott/Jean and from what we can gather this film is possibly set after TLS, so in a war their are casualities so Beast, Storm, Colossus may be dead or enslaved. So we may just have our complete future line up of X-Men: Prof. X (possibly Storm role from the comic), Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman(subsitute for Colossus), Shadowcat, & Magneto.

Any characters I don't see returning either due to their story arc being complete or just background characters i.e. Angel (Warren), Nightcrawler, Moira MacTaggert, any Brotherhood characters.

We shouldn't give up hope their's still a possibility we may get a young Jean, Scott, Storm, the of end FC they only have 3 X-men, so 2 spots need to be filled

Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #180
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
It looks like Hugh's comment was right when he said "every other person to dawn an X-men uniform will be in it," sadly I think we won't be seeing Jean, Scott, Storm, or Beast. TLS did kill off Scott/Jean and from what we can gather this film is possibly set after TLS, so in a war their are casualities so Beast, Storm, Colossus may be dead or enslaved. So we may just have our complete future line up of X-Men: Prof. X (possibly Storm role from the comic), Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman(subsitute for Colossus), Shadowcat, & Magneto.

Any characters I don't see returning either due to their story arc being complete or just background characters i.e. Angel (Warren), Nightcrawler, Moira MacTaggert, any Brotherhood characters.

We shouldn't give up hope their's still a possibility we may get a young Jean, Scott, Storm, the of end FC they only have 3 X-men, so 2 spots need to be filled
Or a final scene at the end of the movie where we see whether or not the future is changed...and we get Prof X (with a blanket!)... Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Iceman and Beast as a team. Blue Beast...but still...teasing at another movie.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #181
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:

I have a strong feeling we're gonna get a new x-men on the past..... I just think its not the right decade to introduce young Jean and Scott. And not only the decade itself, but they wont have the enough screentime to develop their introduction and give them enough scenes to make the audience care about them.

This is not the best moment, as much as I want to see them. They better keep them for the third part of these new series. That way they can give them the spotlight they really deserve

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #182
Glutton
Side-Kick

LOL I just realized that Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore are all canadian.How 'bout that?

Last edited by Glutton; 01-27-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #183
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love how Shawn Ashmore now has an Iceman profile photo on Twitter.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #184
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I love these guys, they really love being part of this epic superhero franchise...they know how much it means to fans. And THEY are now fans as a result...I mean..look at how Hugh, Patrick, Ian and now Shawn talk about it, they're convinced they ARE the characters. I love it.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #185
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Angamb, you should add John Ottman to the crew list. He and Singer have had a editing and composing relationship ever since The Usual Suspects... and I doubt he'll sever it now. He's not confirmed yet, but it's inevitable.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #186
Great Mind(s)
Broken

God I hope so. John Ottman did such an amazing job with X2

Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #187
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I love how Shawn Ashmore now has an Iceman profile photo on Twitter.

yeahh, its great to see the actors proud to be on this franchise

really anticipating what Singer has in store for Bobby, specially with his powers. Fox probably want to do cooler things with him, now that they have to fight the damm SENTINELS!

If Bobby is in fact fighting sentinels..... I cant wait to see the things he will try to do to stop them. Right now his power is the most visual from the xteam, appart from Magneto, so..... lets hope for some really cool stuff this time

Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #188
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

hmm in oder to get Anna to sign on then the script must calls for Rogue to do something amazing in it! We all know she was displeased with how her character was handled,(TLS) so we just may see the flying, super strength Rogue. it's obvious Patrick is going to narrate the opening of the film, so maybe the cure wasn't permanent and it caused a 2nd mutation in those who took it thus Rogue gaining her new attributes

Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #189
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
hmm in oder to get Anna to sign on then the script must calls for Rogue to do something amazing in it! We all know she was displeased with how her character was handled,(TLS) so we just may see the flying, super strength Rogue. it's obvious Patrick is going to narrate the opening of the film, so maybe the cure wasn't permanent and it caused a 2nd mutation in those who took it thus Rogue gaining her new attributes

Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #190
04nbod
I need to debrief you

This movie could fulfill a lot of interesting wishes for me, the real first class appearing together in a scene. Rogue flipping a sentinel like she does in the 90s cartoon opening. Cyclops leading the team properly.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #191
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
This movie could fulfill a lot of interesting wishes for me, the real first class appearing together in a scene. Rogue flipping a sentinel like she does in the 90s cartoon opening. Cyclops leading the team properly.
they would have to leap ahead with alot of time and logic problems there to make them things work so i wouldn't hold your breath about that

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-27-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #192
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
they would have to leap ahead with alot of time and logic problems there to make them things work so i wouldn't hold your breath about that
Days of Future Past is the place to put time and logic on trial.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #193
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Singer going out of his way to make sure TLS never existed in X-Men universe is amazing.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #194
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
Singer going out of his way to make sure TLS never existed in X-Men universe is amazing.
Who said he was?

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #195
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Kevin Bacon Offers Shawn Ashmore His Congratulations

Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #196
JP
To me

Hahaha @ Zack Stentz response.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #197
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Ha, funny tweet, both Bacon's and Stentz's.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #198
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have a strong feeling we're gonna get a new x-men on the past..... I just think its not the right decade to introduce young Jean and Scott. And not only the decade itself, but they wont have the enough screentime to develop their introduction and give them enough scenes to make the audience care about them.
They don't even have to include a new member in the X-Men. Because just like what with what you are saying about introducing Young Scott and Young Jean, they won't have enough screentime to develop their introduction and give them enough scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
What? He kept Ellen Page and he just recently thanked Brett Ratner for keeping them alive.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #199
Angamb
Banned User

thats why the new x-men should be a less known mutant.

it wont be really hard to show that Charles has a new student since the very beginning of the 60's part.

They can show the new member already on the school, and letting us know that he/she has a nice relationship with the current members, and during the rest of the movie, each time the movie shows the x-men, he/she will be there, even if its a scene about Charles talking to them, Kitty arriving to the school, the x-men training on the very first danger room session, on the jet going to Washington, or in the final battle.

Its just an Introduction. The character can have a second movie to be developed a bit more, the same with Alex, Sean and Hank. Its a franchise, each sequel shows us something new from each x-men, just like Singer did on X1, X2, and Ratner on X3.

We dont need to see a full arc for the new member, specially if he/she is a secondary x-men from the comics, like Sunfire, or someone like him

Old 01-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #200
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
thats why the new x-men should be a less known mutant. It wont be really hard to show that Charles has a new student since the very beginning of the 60's part.

They can show the new member already on the school, and letting us know that he/she has a nice relationship with the current members, and during the rest of the movie, each time the movie shows the x-men, he/she will be there, even if its a scene about Charles talking to them, Kitty arriving to the school, the x-men training on the very first danger room session, on the jet going to Washington, or in the final battle.

Its just an Introduction. The character can have a second movie to be developed a bit more, the same with Alex, Sean and Hank. Its a franchise, each sequel shows us something new from each x-men, just like Singer did on X1, X2, and Ratner on X3.

We dont need to see a full arc for the new member, specially if he/she is a secondary x-men from the comics, like Sunfire, or someone like him
The X-Men from the future is likely going to help them. They already have undeveloped characters in the team like Havok and Banshee, no need to add a third one. Plus adding a new member to the 60s X-Men is just like adding another Brotherhood member in X3. They are in the movie, they are new but they don't have role in the story which is not good.

Closed Thread