The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #151
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

But we actually don't know all that much, lol.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #152
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,707
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
My hope is we maybe get as set up of finally Apocolypse as the villain in X-Men First Class 3.
I hope they save him for X4/X5.

My ideal villain for First Class 3 is Mr. Sinister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
At this point with everything we know thus far. Does DOFP even count as a legit FC part 2?
Right now, people consider Days of Future Past as the sequel to First Class. But that could change once we see the movie, DOFP could be the sequel to X2 or X3 too.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #153
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Oohhh boy now we're nitpicking when certain actors are announced, complaining that Hugh Jackman was not included with the first batch of actors, therefore Bryan Singer is just shoe-horning his favorite character in. Nevermind your homophobic rant earlier
Had Jackman been announced with the others I'd bet you'd be saying the exact same thing.
I take serious, serious offense to the label homophobic, especially since I am quite, shall we say, the furthest thing from it. The sexual orientation of the director, or crew, or cast, is completely irrelevant to the quality of the film or the character decisions made. The expression I used is a fairly common one amongst my coworkers and open-minded discussion groups I circle to describe favoritism for a character (or novel, or movie, or flavor of pie). Apologies if it offended or gave people the wrong idea. I was attacking Bryan for his favoritism and nothing else. Those posts were deleted so let's move on.

Quote:
Did Shaw and the Hellfire club threatening to start WWIII prevent Xavier and Magneto from having screen time/development in the first film? That was the conflict they had to face. Its no different now. Not in any way, no matter how you convolute things to say they are..
I'm not convoluting things. I don't know anything about the movie, but big names demand big screentime, and these three are not exactly signing up to be the villains of the movie. I'm making assumptions based on this and the fact that Singer doesn't have a good track record of making films not about his favorite X-Man.

The plot of DOFP alone isn't comparable to Shaw's. Shaw's was a pretty straightforward villainous plot. DOFP has robots and time travel and the old cast and possibly a villain or possibly facing off with the Brotherhood. That's like a 4 hour movie right there with just the plot elements, not even taking into account the character development or dealing with the aftermath of FC.

I am absolutely allowed to be disappointed with the direction this is going in based on the news that keeps rolling in. I'm relieved to see there are at least a couple people on here who share my concern. And it's good that there are people excited about it too. After all if they're going to make FC3 they need to rake in some money at the box office and at this point I can't guarantee mine will be joining the pot. Hopefully something will come up soon to change that.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #154
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

your point just makes no sense you are disappointed that a character who is on the damn comic book cover and very prominent in this specific story is returning?

WTF LOL

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #155
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,870
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardStark View Post
How are they gonna explain the whole Xavier Dying buisness and is in another body deal after X-Men 3
I don't know, but I hope they go back to Charles being alive in his own body. The thought of there being Professor X on the inside but some other guy on the outside was pretty stupid imo.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #156
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,707
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't know, but I hope they go back to Charles being alive in his own body. The thought of there being Professor X on the inside but some other guy on the outside was pretty stupid imo.
Yeah thats another concern, if they are going with that different body. Then Professor X would have a different face and not Patrick Stewart's face.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #157
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah thats another concern, if they are going with that different body. Then Professor X would have a different face and not Patrick Stewart's face.
It was supposed to be an identical twin brother, so that wouldn't be a problem.

But the whole body-swap thing is a bit silly, even though it happened in the comics.

I'm not sure how they are going to explain it and not have people rolling their eyes and saying 'WTF?' I wonder what Singer/Kinberg/Donner will do to make it sound sensible!

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #158
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,707
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It was supposed to be an identical twin brother, so that wouldn't be a problem.

But the whole body-swap thing is a bit silly, even though it happened in the comics.

I'm not sure how they are going to explain it and not having people rolling their eyes and saying 'WTF?' I wonder what Singer/Kinberg/Donner will do to make it sound sensible!
Yeah but I think its still better than having X1/X2/X3/XOW in a different timeline. There was a classroom scene in X3 where Professor was talking about transforming a person's mind into another body, I'm sure not but it was something like that and they even showed Moira and the dead body during that scene. Professor X is also a powerful psychic mutant so it doesn't sound impossible for him to accomplish something like that. And people who watched X3's end-credits scene know what happened to Professor X so I don't think it would confuse people that much unlike with having alternative timeline or universe. The only problem with this scenario is Professor X having an identical twin brother, they might have to explain that one.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #159
Hunter Rider
Ronin
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,919
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

This news has really raised my interest in this sequel.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #160
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It was supposed to be an identical twin brother, so that wouldn't be a problem.

But the whole body-swap thing is a bit silly, even though it happened in the comics.

I'm not sure how they are going to explain it and not have people rolling their eyes and saying 'WTF?' I wonder what Singer/Kinberg/Donner will do to make it sound sensible!
The key factor with this whole issue is:

In case they respect that X3 end, Xavier can look the same and all, but he cant have his power anymore, since that isnt his original body with gen x.

I havent read anyone commenting this, but this is something they cant skip.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #161
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,890
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
The key factor with this whole issue is:

In case they respect that X3 end, Xavier can look the same and all, but he cant have his power anymore, since that isnt his original body with gen x.

I havent read anyone commenting this, but this is something they cant skip.
An identical twin would probably also have the X-gene, and thus the telepathic powers. Somehow, though, the twin ended up braindead.

Although Xavier never mentioned a twin in First Class, he wouldn't necessarily know he had one. His family might never have told him. He might have found out by reading their minds though, so maybe he knew and never mentioned it either.

All this shows how silly/wrong that death-and-then-mindswap was. It should have been handled better.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #162
BobJM
Who's Bad?
 
BobJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: where the living's easy
Posts: 3,587
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Maybe the films change Legion into his braindead evil twin? Half joking maybe half serious, I haven't decided yet.

__________________
Groovin' with the Angels. . .
Michael Jackson, Heavy D, Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross,
Teddy Pendergrass, Etta James, & Barry White

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #163
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
An identical twin would probably also have the X-gene, and thus the telepathic powers. Somehow, though, the twin ended up braindead.
that would be even worse for general viewers and even some fans.

One thing is to have a twin brother, and another to have a twin brother with the same power.

I really hope Bryan finds a better way to get Xavier back. I really hope it, lol

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #164
M-2
Ultimate BAMF
 
M-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 671
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

LoL im pretty sure X3 and XOW fall into an alt timeline..

in both those films we see Prof X walking, and in First Class, Vaughn basically spat on both those films, by ending the film with Prof X in a wheel chair...

Vaughn doesnt respect X3 at all, and he made it quite clear after the film released... hence adding Moira as well... even though she appears in the post credit scene, same goes for XOW and Emma Frost...

Even though they might not explain X3 and XOW making sense in the timeline i think they might find away to step the story so that moving forward, if they decide to make X4, it might even be a whole new entity, that doesnt really rely on the original trilogy in terms of story but still uses the some of the original cast moving forward.

With XFC2 maybe becoming like a young mutants or X-Faction

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #165
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
your point just makes no sense you are disappointed that a character who is on the damn comic book cover and very prominent in this specific story is returning?

WTF LOL
Remember the First Class film bore no resemblance to the comic ie two thirds of the team were missing to be replaced by other mutants for no apparent reason?

So if we use the same logic here, even though the film shares the title DOFP there is no legitimate reason why Wolverine should appear in this film.

I'm just applying the same logic as was applied to casting in First Class.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #166
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

a solid argument.

I woulnt be sad if Wolverine wasnt on the movie, thats for sure

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #167
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,389
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Remember the First Class film bore no resemblance to the comic ie two thirds of the team were missing to be replaced by other mutants for no apparent reason?

So if we use the same logic here, even though the film shares the title DOFP there is no legitimate reason why Wolverine should appear in this film.

I'm just applying the same logic as was applied to casting in First Class.
Oh Jesus.Beast was only X-Man that could be featured In First Class from the so called first Class due to fact It's a prequel.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #168
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Oh Jesus.Beast was only X-Man that could be featured In First Class from the so called first Class due to fact It's a prequel.
Exactly! Cyclops, Jean and Iceman would not have been born yet and Angel didn't even meet the x-men until X3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah
Remember the First Class film bore no resemblance to the comic ie two thirds of the team were missing to be replaced by other mutants for no apparent reason?

So if we use the same logic here, even though the film shares the title DOFP there is no legitimate reason why Wolverine should appear in this film.

I'm just applying the same logic as was applied to casting in First Class.
For Days of Future Past there is every reason for Wolverine to be in it. The biggest reason being that in a dystopian future full of mutants killing sentinels it seems logical that a healing, near invulnerable mutant like him would be able to survive (and therefore be present in the film) especially if two frail old men have managed to stay alive.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #169
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,668
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

wolverine can shine without being a time traveler, infact wolverine probably will work better with limited screen time

GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #170
narrows101
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,039
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Hugh is doing press right now for "Les Miserables" and there's tons of screenings going on. One the bloggers from collider.com saw that movie and tweeted this:

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Just ran into Hugh Jackman. The way he spoke to me, he's def in X-MEN sequel and he's really excited to do it.

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #171
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,629
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

All we need now is original Jean, Cyclops & Storm

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #172
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,124
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Hugh is doing press right now for "Les Miserables" and there's tons of screenings going on. One the bloggers from collider.com saw that movie and tweeted this:

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Just ran into Hugh Jackman. The way he spoke to me, he's def in X-MEN sequel and he's really excited to do it.
Awesome.

He and Ian will be doing the rounds for their respective films, so it's exciting!

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #173
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
All we need now is original Jean, Cyclops & Storm
Amen to that. I'd love to see Famke, James and Halle come back

Although I'm hearing that james Marsden is in talks to be Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy. I would have thought that Fox would have secured their actors availability for X-Men DoFP. I believe that neither Famke nor Halle have any upcoming projects to film between the time DOFP starts shooting but GoTG releases in 2014 as well and would most likely be filmed around the same time as DoFP. If he gets the part then I hope that he is avaliable to do a short cameo appearance at the very least.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #174
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,629
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Amen to that. I'd love to see Famke, James and Halle come back

Although I'm hearing that james Marsden is in talks to be Starlord in Guardians of the Galaxy. I would have thought that Fox would have secured their actors availability for X-Men DoFP. I believe that neither Famke nor Halle have any upcoming projects to film between the time DOFP starts shooting but GoTG releases in 2014 as well and would most likely be filmed around the same time as DoFP. If he gets the part then I hope that he is avaliable to do a short cameo appearance at the very least.
If the rumors are true & Famke is doing a The Wolverine cameo. I dont see why she would refuse to be in Days Of Future Past. Its not like she has been doing much outside of Taken lately

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #175
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

She's in that horrible looking Hansel & Gretel.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.