Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #476
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
On one hand, it's like when Bryan Singe left, my parents got divorced or something... and then X-men 3 was a douchebag my mum dated as a rebound and then X-Men Origins Wolverine was an alcoholic, physically and emotionally abusive boyfriend... and then with X-Men First Class, it was different, not quite the same as it had been before dad left but for some reason it worked and we were happy, for the most part (if not still a little scarred with bad memories).

Now it's like all of a sudden Dad has come back and gotten together with Mum again, but he's also in an open relationship with our NEW parents... so it's a big, weird orgy of biological parents and step parents and I don't know how to feel about that...

On the other hand... Time travel.
Yeah, post of the year. This was hilarious.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #477
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
On one hand, it's like when Bryan Singe left, my parents got divorced or something... and then X-men 3 was a douchebag my mum dated as a rebound and then X-Men Origins Wolverine was an alcoholic, physically and emotionally abusive boyfriend... and then with X-Men First Class, it was different, not quite the same as it had been before dad left but for some reason it worked and we were happy, for the most part (if not still a little scarred with bad memories).

Now it's like all of a sudden Dad has come back and gotten together with Mum again, but he's also in an open relationship with our NEW parents... so it's a big, weird orgy of biological parents and step parents and I don't know how to feel about that...

I want to give you some kind of award.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #478
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
So was The Matrix, but it didn't feel like a Terminator movie.
The Matrix didn't have time travel. It had an artificial reality constructed by the machines that also allowed the main characters to do wire fu and fly like Superman.

DOFP will have a dark future run by robots AND time travel. The Terminator comparisons are going to be there, no matter what Singer does. I am sure he will try to make it as different as he can, though.

Quote:

This is not only funny, it's also pretty spot on.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #479
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:

...And Tivo'd

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #480
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:

I love this post. I picture the kid Wolvie in your avy saying this as well.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #481
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
In Mis films you almost have to laugh at some with crazy comments like calling all X-Men
films medicore,and thinking Fox would just turn over X-Men to Disney for small percent of profits like paramount did for the avengers and Iron Man 3.
Paramount only had distribution rights for those, not the film rights like Fox has.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #482
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yep I know that but some are advocating Fox just turn over X-Men to DIsney In a similar deal as how Disney got distrubation rights for the Avengers and Iron Man 3.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #483
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

You all complete me

Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #484
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep I know that but some are advocating Fox just turn over X-Men to DIsney In a similar deal as how Disney got distrubation rights for the Avengers and Iron Man 3.
Why would they give their big piece of the pie for a significantly smaller one? That's just stupid.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #485
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Why would they give their big piece of the pie for a significantly smaller one? That's just stupid.
They won't. Fox is having a rebirth just as Paramount went through a couple of years ago. They are trying to hold onto their money makers as much as possible.

I want to see how well new FOX treats this franchise. I'm hoping for positivity with this new leadership and with Bryan bring brought back can only mean good things for the X-Men.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #486
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

I know that, I was just asking why he thinks that would happen, because it's really naive to think it ever would.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #487
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't think It will ever happen.I am saying some of the antifox only MS are good people
are advocating it,and you almost have to laugh at them.Fox Is never going to give up X-men.Just like Sony won't give up Spider-Man Inless they go bankrupted.

Some who are hoping FF falls apart despite the fact It has a release date.And those
hoping for both The Wolverine and DOFP to bomb.

It will be Intresting to see who blinks on the July 18 release date.I actully wouldn't be surprised If Warner Brothers reconsiders and has the third hobbit for christmas 2014.
This Is regular date for Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.If now I suspect X-Men will be pushed back a couple of weeks.Of course then GOTG needs to worry.X-Men Is more well known and has actors from original trilogy In DOFP.Plus that film doesn't have Robert Downey JR In It.So far non RDJ films have done X-Men Origins style business domesticlly.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #488
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The Wiki page for X-men films has Intresting rumor on DOFP crew.Apparently rumor Is Henry Jackman will return as composor for DOFP.If true this would be first time since
X-men a Bryan Singer directed film wasn't composed by John Ottman.If this pans out Jackman will be first to have honor of composing 2 X-Men films.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #489
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Wiki page for X-men films has Intresting rumor on DOFP crew.Apparently rumor Is Henry Jackman will return as composor for DOFP.If true this would be first time since
X-men a Bryan Singer directed film wasn't composed by John Ottman.If this pans out Jackman will be first to have honor of composing 2 X-Men films.
Oh my godddddddddd please let this be true!!!!!!!!!!! I would cross off ALL my worries about the sequel if he is tapped for this

If Singer brings back Ottman it will put a significant dent in the movie because the tunes will be so awkward and distracting... Fortunately the general populace outside of SHH seemed much more gung ho about Jackman's score, which actually had some iconic melodies in it, so I know I'm far from alone on my hopes for his return.

Last edited by blueserenity; 01-01-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #490
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I would actually prefer John Ottman.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #491
Project862006
Banned User

he better step it up his abraham lincolon vampire hunter score was very meh

Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #492
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
he better step it up his abraham lincolon vampire hunter score was very meh
He's had a couple of meh scores, honestly. Wreck-It-Ralph's great tracks were pretty much all vocal (as in none of his doing). Monsters vs Aliens was nothing to write home about either. I heard positive reviews about Puss in Boots but I never noticed the music when I was watching it.

But what he did with First Class was the best of all the X-Men movies by far. I don't think any of the scenes in the movie would have had such an emotional impact without him. And some scenes would have been downright cheesy. The satellite scene would have been a complete laugh without "Rage & Serenity" to tie it down. Magneto wouldn't seem a fraction as scary without his Jaws-like theme.

Henry Jackman has had some yawner soundtracks but with X-Men he GETS it. XMFC remains in my top 10 soundtracks and will probably always have a spot there.

Last edited by blueserenity; 01-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #493
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:

Or Mark Millar could be seen as the "social worker" appointed to Mr. and Mrs. FOX "the foster parents". The Wolverine's first weekend "visitation rights" will be the first test in determining if the "kids" should go back to their "biological parents" or not.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #494
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Wow.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #495
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
The satellite scene would have been a complete laugh without "Rage & Serenity" to tie it down. Magneto wouldn't seem a fraction as scary without his Jaws-like theme.
Fassbender's "magic fingers*" still makes me laugh.

*I would like to personally see Fassbender's "magic fingers" LOL

Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #496
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, his first class soundtrack
Was great

Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #497
Project862006
Banned User

what he lacked was a good x men theme the track x men wasn't anything to write home about unlike x1-x3 themes

Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #498
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

There was a great X-Men theme that was not only stirring and hopeful (perfectly reflecting Xavier's attitude and approach to forming the team) but it was thematically balanced against the fantastic Magneto theme, which was just as appropriately dark and edgy and just as good, if not better, than Ottman and Kamen's work before him.

Also, X-Men 1, whilst a good soundtrack, barely had an X-Men theme either. The closest was either the cerebro theme or the X-Jet track... As for X3? Generic garbage. It was just flashy fanfare without heart or soul, like the film itself.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #499
def28
Side-Kick

I like alot of the X3 themes, it just didnt flow good as a whole. Probably has no use now except for the main theme. X1 score is easily my least favorite, only thing that stood out to me was The Dark City track used in the trailer.

Jackmans written some great stuff, and I have a feeling he was probably held back due to time restraints on FC. Def want to hear what he would do for the future scenes and more time given. Really dig some of the electronic elements he brings to his soundtracks.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #500
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Really? What gave you the impression FC's score was rushed? I thought it was a great score. 'Rage and Serenity' 'Sub Lift' 'Not That Kind of Bank' 'Frankensteins Monster' and 'First Class' are all really great tracks.

X3 pretty much just had the 'Phoenix Tragedy' which was a nice track.

Btw, is anyone else hoping that Singer somehow uses this movie and the time travel elements to retcon X3 and alter the timeline a bit?

Closed Thread