The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #501
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

i love x men 3 theme it is my fav. x theme it really got the feel of a comic book movie very big,epic,bombastic
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

especially 3:25- till end

Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 AM   #502
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I think the convention of the 'iconic theme' at the start of the movie is really outdated anyway. I like it when there are just strong character themes and then an overriding theme when the characters come together. I mean look at The Hobbit, it had some great music but each individual theme is tied to different things, eg Shire Theme, Misty Mountain theme etc. I think that is a much more immersive way of engaging you with the characters and story. The music is there to complement and enhance what you're meant to be feeling, not to signpost the genre

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #503
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Btw, is anyone else hoping that Singer somehow uses this movie and the time travel elements to retcon X3 and alter the timeline a bit?
Yeah, Im pretty sure that by the end of DOFP there will be no more X3 issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Really? What gave you the impression FC's score was rushed? I thought it was a great score. 'Rage and Serenity' 'Sub Lift' 'Not That Kind of Bank' 'Frankensteins Monster' and 'First Class' are all really great tracks.

X3 pretty much just had the 'Phoenix Tragedy' which was a nice track.
I think the whole flick was under a pretty tight schedule from what I remember. All the Magneto themes were pretty brilliant, no complaints there at all. Some other pasrts of the score kinda bled into itself, sounding a bit redundant and bland. Really wanted a stronger X theme. I dig alot of it though, not bashing Jackman at all. The score actually grew on me alot since I first saw the film.

Phoenix and Magnetos FC theme are my favorite of the franchise.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #504
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think it would be amazing if they put a modern twist on this theme song in an action scene:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #505
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well I think Ottman was alluding to that theme with the X2 Suite

Old 01-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #506
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Having seen 3-d version of Hobbit last night If Bryan Singer shoots DOFP like the hobbit we could be In for something good.
FOX better use 3D Cameras for DOFP. I think thats the only way for 3D to look good.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #507
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I couldn't stand the 3D Hobbit. Some action and the scenery looked amazing, but all the character movement looked jerky and weird. Bilbo looked like he was on cocaine.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #508
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I saw The Hobbit in 48fps and 3D and didn't like either of those formats.

The 48fps looked like a TV production in the scenes where there were real sets (Bilbo's home) and only looked okay where there was CGI/greenscreen (like Rivendell).

And the 3D was too subtle, just like it is in so many films now. Even in Prometheus and Life of Pi, it's subtle 3D and half the time it looks just the same if you lift up the 3D glasses.

Why don't they use the immersive 3D like they did with Avatar? It's like the 3D they use now goes backwards from the screen, rather than forwards into the audience. I want things to come out of the screen at me! That's what i'm paying for! I remember seeing Avatar and there was a little kid next to me who was swatting at the air when those glowing blue floating creatures were in the jungle at night, as though they were right in front of us. You don't get that any more with 3D. It's a big con and cop-out.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #509
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't like 3D at all. I've never watched anything 3D and thought "wow, that was amazing in 3D".

Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #510
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I saw The Hobbit in 48fps and 3D and didn't like either of those formats.

The 48fps looked like a TV production in the scenes where there were real sets (Bilbo's home) and only looked okay where there was CGI/greenscreen (like Rivendell).

And the 3D was too subtle, just like it is in so many films now. Even in Prometheus and Life of Pi, it's subtle 3D and half the time it looks just the same if you lift up the 3D glasses.

Why don't they use the immersive 3D like they did with Avatar? It's like the 3D they use now goes backwards from the screen, rather than forwards into the audience. I want things to come out of the screen at me! That's what i'm paying for! I remember seeing Avatar and there was a little kid next to me who was swatting at the air when those glowing blue floating creatures were in the jungle at night, as though they were right in front of us. You don't get that any more with 3D. It's a big con and cop-out.
2 reasons:
1) It's more expensive to make a "proper" 3D movie that's shot in 3D. Sending it to some workshop company overseas for post-production is much easier and cheaper. Sadly all these movies look like garbage as a result, too dark and not worth the extra 3$ ticket price.

2) The "deep" 3D, as used so well in Avatar, gave too many people headaches. So they've pulled it back to a level that gives less people headaches. The theory was that less people having headaches=more people take the 3D plunge but what's actually happening seems to be shallow 3D movies=more people not seeing the point of paying extra for 3D.

Hobbit was actually the first movie in a while where I didn't mind the 3D. I saw it in IMAX 3D 24fps and the image was so clear that the 3D kind of worked. About 90% of what I've heard/read about the 48fps format has been outstandingly negative though. I hope certain other directors *coughSingercough* don't take a page from Peter Jackson's book on this one, and just stick to 24fps. 48fps is not "an adjustment", or "the future of cinema", it's a step backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Fassbender's "magic fingers*" still makes me laugh.

*I would like to personally see Fassbender's "magic fingers" LOL
You're not alone on that one <3 Though there are some other "magic" things I'd also like to see from him

Last edited by blueserenity; 01-02-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #511
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, Im pretty sure they can negotiate with the post conversion houses and save quite a bit of money.

While the action in 48fps 3D is pretty damn fluid, I still find it too jarring of a transition as a whole right now. I was judging the tech instead of the Hobbit when I saw it , which did take away from the film. I have no interest in seeing DOFP in 48fps or 3D. I actually hope they shoot on film.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #512
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Couldn't give a toss about how this is shot as long as I can see the film in 2D (like I did with the Hobbit).

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #513
Electrix
Side-Kick

I saw The Hobbit in 2D 24fps and IMAX 3D 48fps. I can see why some wouldn't like the HFR, but during some scenes it was superior.

The Hobbit might not have been the best film for people to get their first look at HFR because of the dwarf make-up. It's a lot more detailed and clear, which can take some getting used to, however using it on a film like Avatar 2 would provide amazing results. Interested to see what Singer goes for.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #514
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

Baring some unforeseen scheduling conflict, It's almost a given John Ottman will score Days of Future Past.

He's one of Singer's closest collaborators and these guys have been working together since film school. Ottman has scored & edited mostly all of Singer's films. They have a long history together.

I also expect Tom Sigel to return as DP. He's shot all of Bryan's film's since The Usual Suspects.

In regards to 3D, Singer did shoot his last film in native 3D, so not only is he familiar with the tech but he's also supportive of the format.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #515
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I hope it's post converted 3D. Movies filmed in 3D look like **** in 2D.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #516
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
Baring some unforeseen scheduling conflict, It's almost a given John Ottman will score Days of Future Past.

He's one of Singer's closest collaborators and these guys have been working together since film school. Ottman has scored & edited mostly all of Singer's films. They have a long history together.

I also expect Tom Sigel to return as DP. He's shot all of Bryan's film's since The Usual Suspects.

In regards to 3D, Singer did shoot his last film in native 3D, so not only is he familiar with the tech but he's also supportive of the format.
The only film John Ottman hasn't done with Bryan Singer was first X-men.Him compossing and editing DOFP would not be bad thing at all.Considering he did same for X2 which for many If Best X-Men film.Ottman's work helped make X2 as good as It was.a Good composer helps a film Impact.

Tom Sigel Is very likely to return as DP.And that's a good thing.

James Cameron was one Bryan went to to get familar with special effects before the first X-men.He visited the set of Titanic.Reportly they remained on good terms since then.What some people also may have forgotten Is back between 1990 and 1993 when Carolco had rights to X-men Cameron was going to produce It and had worked on a treatment.It fell apart when he and Carolco were more Intresed In getting Spider-Man off the ground.And yet X-Men would have been easier since the legal problems which keep Spider-Man In Limbo for years wouldn't have been an Issue with X-Men.Bryan may very well have discussed 3-d with both Cameron and Peter jackson,who he went to In 2003 when he considered after X2 doing X3 and 4 back to back like lord of the rings,In preparion for DOFP.they would be the 2 to talk to In preparion for 3-d DOFP.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #517
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i love x men 3 theme it is my fav. x theme it really got the feel of a comic book movie very big,epic,bombastic
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

especially 3:25- till end
I also enjoyed X3. But we're probably in the minority on these boards.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #518
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
2) The "deep" 3D, as used so well in Avatar, gave too many people headaches. So they've pulled it back to a level that gives less people headaches. The theory was that less people having headaches=more people take the 3D plunge but what's actually happening seems to be shallow 3D movies=more people not seeing the point of paying extra for 3D.
To be fair the reason people were getting headaches from Avatar might've been because it was a James Cameron film first and foremost.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #519
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
James Cameron was one Bryan went to to get familar with special effects before the first X-men.He visited the set of Titanic.Reportly they remained on good terms since then..
Look like friends to me

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #520
Filmboy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Look like friends to me

Bryan Singer looks like he gain a lot of weight.

Is Lucas Till returning? I hopes he's returning back for the sequel.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #521
Robin91939
Master Tim

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This better be kept. From 2:14 on is pure amazing. I love all of Ottman's work on the first two films, but this Magneto score was pretty damn definitive.

-R

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #522
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Kamen did X1 not Ottman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #523
Robin91939
Master Tim

You're right.

Did not know that. That's a very rare film that one of Bryan's biffs (the biffs being Ottman and McQuarrie) didn't have a hand in...

Well, getting Kamen back looks more than impossible.

I'd love to see Ottman back, but as he did with Superman Returns where he incorporated the John Williams score, I hope that he honors the universally praised score done by Henry Jackman.

-R

Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #524
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

What I liked about Jackman's score is that not only did it perfectly fit the film and the characters but there were DEFINITELY parts of the theme that were clearly referencing earlier X-Men composers, mainly Ottman. The beginning of 'Not That Kind of Bank' definitely has borrowed elements from Magneto's theme in X2.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #525
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I couldn't stand the 3D Hobbit. Some action and the scenery looked amazing, but all the character movement looked jerky and weird. Bilbo looked like he was on cocaine.
That was because of the 48fps

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread