The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #676
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

That's not what I meant. If storm has no relevance to the story than keep her out of course. But what I was saying was it isn't right to dismiss using a character in a movie just because she wasn't developed much as a character. For example Filmboy says he would rather see Jean in DoFP instead of storm simply because she didn't do anything in the previous movies. My argument is that just because she was underused in the other movies doesn't mean that she has any less to offer in the story. It would be a chance for her as a character to be developed.

many of us here at could probably think of a way to bring Cyclops back for DoFP and a way for his character to be important to the story, it would therefore not be fair if he didn't come back simply because he didn't do much in the other films. Now is the time to develop all those underused characters and to give them a chance to shine, and not to keep developing all the, and arguably, overused characters. There is a lot more to X-Men than just wolverine, magneto Prof X, and Magneto and Jean Grey. They need to start telling the stories of other characters.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #677
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Storm was so badly portrayed in the films... But that's no reason to bring her back, just because she hasn't been done right before. If there's no natural way to fit her into the story, then why crowbar her in?
She's a key character and it can't always be centred on Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier. Isn't it time some of the others stepped out of the background? Storm has yet to even have an arc or any real connection to the plot, aside from suddenly becoming headmistress in X3.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #678
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

She's a key character in the comics, but she's useless in the movies... The best thing they did with her character was the way they developed her relationship with Nightcrawler in X2. Everything they did with her in X3 was stupid... Her entire role in that film should have been swapped with Cyclops.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #679
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
She's a key character and it can't always be centred on Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier. Isn't it time some of the others stepped out of the background? Storm has yet to even have an arc or any real connection to the plot, aside from suddenly becoming headmistress in X3.
Exactly my point. Glad to know someone agrees with me. The X-Men are a team of equals. No one is more important than the other. Avengers managed to develop all their characters why can't X Men. There are so many characters that haven't been given their due not just storm yet people seem to only want the mags, and Prof x doesn't and wolverine. How much more can we find out about them. We already know their origins and their beliefs but do we even know what storm thinks of the things she does as an X - Man?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #680
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I agree in principle, I just don't think this will be the right movie to try and correct the status of past team members. Save that for a reboot, I think this is going to be it's own thing

Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #681
Angamb
Banned User

she isnt useless in the movies.

Just because the storyarc doesnt build around her doesnt mean her role is useless.

She was the oldest x-woman alive in the school, and she is a teacher, so she WAS needed and IS needed.

Wolverine didnt act like a x-mqn on X3, but he still got the lead. If X3 needed some leads, they should have been Jean and Cyclops.

But since Jean were by her own and with Magneto and Cyclops died, Storm was more needed than the other x-men.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #682
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
She's a key character in the comics, but she's useless in the movies... The best thing they did with her character was the way they developed her relationship with Nightcrawler in X2. Everything they did with her in X3 was stupid... Her entire role in that film should have been swapped with Cyclops.
And because she is useless you're saying she shouldn't be developed??
I mean really.
For the good Havok, and Banshee, and Azazel and even moira and Emma did I shouldn't expect to see them in this either.

Last edited by NanaT; 01-08-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #683
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, that was a totally wrong point.

the storyarc of DOFP had Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Colossus as the x-team, I dont see a solid reason why Storm, Kitty and Colossus shouldnt be on this sequel but Wolverine should.

Wolverine can have his moments, but we NEED to see more of these other x-men, damm

This is an XMEN sequel, not a Wolverine and his old friends one.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #684
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
I agree in principle, I just don't think this will be the right movie to try and correct the status of past team members. Save that for a reboot, I think this is going to be it's own thing
But by developing even slightly these underused characters it would make DoFP different from the others and therefore its own thing. Imagine if instead of wolverine magneto Prof X and Jean as leads they had cyclops, Storm rogue and colossus or Nightcrawler or beast or iceman as leads it would immediately add a new scale to the movie as we explore these new interesting characters and their motives. Instead of just staying with the same leads with had in the past five movies. Especially when this is supposed to be a team/ensemble movie.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #685
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, that was a totally wrong point.

the storyarc of DOFP had Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Colossus as the x-team, I dont see a solid reason why Storm, Kitty and Colossus shouldnt be on this sequel but Wolverine should.

Wolverine can have his moments, but we NEED to see more of these other x-men, damm

This is an XMEN sequel, not a Wolverine and his old friends one.
Couldn't agree more but if I could I would ;-)

Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #686
Angamb
Banned User

Im just waiting for Bryan or Fox to announce the first actress coming back, Halle would be nice, but Im here for the young x-woman

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #687
NanaT
X-Men United!

I hope they announce either Halle, Anna, or Ellen soon. So far the only confirmed actress is Jennifer Lawrence. We need more girl power. And I'm a guy lol ;-)

Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #688
Angamb
Banned User

same case

Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #689
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

No, this is a First Class sequel.... People need to remember that.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #690
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This will probally end up being X4/First Class 2

Announcing Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and hugh Jackman before confirminf majority of
first Class actors will be back proves this.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #691
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, this is a First Class sequel.... People need to remember that.
its true everyone seems to be treating this like or hoping this is more like an Xmen 4 with all the original cast, and even though in a way its like a sequel to maybe X3 or the wolverine its still going to be the first class team that will probably safe the day

i mean would singer or even Vaughn when he was still involved really bring back everyone from the original 2/3 films to have maybe just over half hour of screen time? remembering that it could be a 2 hour film IF lucky and unless its an hour for each time period i think time will have to be used delicately for this film

personally i think there will only be a few of the originals returning

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-08-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #692
Angamb
Banned User

Either Nana or me were treating this as X4 more than a FC sequel. so dont get the point at all.

We were just saying we're waiting for the first actress returning, either Halle, Anna or Ellen. Not all.

having one of them along with Hugh, Patrick and Ian wouldnt make this sequel a X4, you know? lol

Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #693
NanaT
X-Men United!

This is an event movie. I seriously doubt Singer would go through the trouble of getting actors from the original trilogy back for them to serve no real purpose. This is not a direct sequel to X-Men First Class or X4 but a celebration of all those movies. If you think all the film will do is show a ten minute scene of the future and then the rest of the time is spent in the first class era then I think some are sadly mistaken. The original comic kept switching between the past and the future it didn't just stay in the past. And to be honest the future is going to be the most visually interesting on screen. They'll want to show more than just ten minutes or even a half hour.

I imagine that the film will be about a 50/50 split of screentime as it should be. The movie is called Days of FUTURE Past can't have one without the other.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #694
Angamb
Banned User

Id preffer 60/40. I think it would be better, so the 60's cast could be developed better than with a 50/50 formula.

but I guess we'll find it out next year, : )

Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #695
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

It could be that DoFP sets up an X4 with more of the original trilogy actors.

But, even so, it would seem strange to have a future setting with just Wolverine, Xavier (in a braindead twin) and Magneto (cured but getting his powers back).

What if, for instance, it was decided the only way to wipe out the Sentinels was an EMP (electromagnetic pulse)?

Magneto wouldn't be capable of such an energy blast (not to mention he's never done such a thing in the films, and has only emitted radiation with the aid of a machine in X1). So how about if Storm gathered the electrical fury of the skies and supercharged Magneto, so he could emit such a pulse (rather like Storm supercharging Polaris to defeat Krakoa in Second Genesis).

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #696
NanaT
X-Men United!

that would be an epic visual!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #697
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think time will be spent this way

1:First 30 minutes in future then rest in past with possibly If time traveler Isn't Xavier changing mind with younger self a few more minutes of James Mcavoy's xavier reading
mind of time traveler to see more about the future
2:The film will cut back and forth between past and future.

Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Hugh Jackman are unlikely to be only original cast members returning for future(and WOlverine could be Time traveler or the 1960's X-Men might have to recruit the pre adamnunatam Wolverine to help stop the assassination)

My feeling Is we are looking at 3 or possibly 4 to join Stewert,Mckellen,and Jackman.

If DOFP future completly Ignores Last stand Or is present as simple alternate possable future If event Isn't stopped I think we are looking at these

Rebecca Romijn
Anna Paquin(or possably less likely If true Blood prevents her Ellen Page)
James Marsden
and If It goes to seven Famke Janssen or halle Berry(I think Bryan Singer would prefer
to bring back Famke but he might decide bringing her back again might be too much)

If future scenes are Intended to be post trilogy we are looking at these

Rebecca Romijn
Halle Berry
Anna Paquin or less Likely Ellen Page(I believe only one will show up and If Bryan has his way It will be Anna but It will be case of trying to fit DOFP schedule with True Blood)
If It goes to seven Shawn ashmore or Daniel Cudmore(If Rogue Is in film they would use Iceman.If they use Kitty It would probally be COlossus although It's possable Iceman could still be used with Kitty)

Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #698
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It could be that DoFP sets up an X4 with more of the original trilogy actors.

But, even so, it would seem strange to have a future setting with just Wolverine, Xavier (in a braindead twin) and Magneto (cured but getting his powers back).

What if, for instance, it was decided the only way to wipe out the Sentinels was an EMP (electromagnetic pulse)?

Magneto wouldn't be capable of such an energy blast (not to mention he's never done such a thing in the films, and has only emitted radiation with the aid of a machine in X1). So how about if Storm gathered the electrical fury of the skies and supercharged Magneto, so he could emit such a pulse (rather like Storm supercharging Polaris to defeat Krakoa in Second Genesis).
Your proceeding from a faulty premise.I don't think any mention of cure will be In DOFP If the fuutre scenes are suspose to be post Last Stand.Now would they mention that Patrick Stewert Is playing Xavier's mind In braindead twin's body.

I imagine them having wolverine added by younger female sidekick(Rogue most likely but If not Kitty) having to rescue other survivors from Intenrment camp where they have Inhibortor collors.I imagined Magneto once free of collor using powers against many sentinles while others escape to beguin the time travel plot.Maybe Mystique might refuse to leave him.Unlike comic version I can't Imagine they wouldn't do a more action packed escape.And If they want Magneto to sacrifice himself give him a big effects worthy showdown with Sentinles.

Storm's use of powers would more likely be used to a:Buy time against sentinles while the time traveler Is sent back to past or Brotecting time traveler who has changed minds with younger self from Sentinles.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #699
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Your proceeding from a faulty premise.I don't think any mention of cure will be In DOFP If the fuutre scenes are suspose to be post Last Stand..
maybe the future is a mess because of the cure and thats what the past needs to stop happening

then again Matthew Vaughn had a hand in the script and he not liking X3 i dunno about that

Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #700
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer also has shown little Intrest In liking Last TSand.Reportly the Idea of first Class ending with Xavier and Magneto going their own way and Xavier being crippled were from SInger's treatment for first Class.

It's one thing to keep Cyclops and Jean from future scenes to keep some contunity with Last Stand but I just don't Bryan referencing the cure anymore than directly referencing Xavier's mind In Twin's body.Plus In first Class the ties to earlier films were to Bryan's films.Between Bryan directing and Matthew Vaughn writing treatment and consulting with
Simon Kinberg on script I think we should not expect any direct reference to Last Stand.
The studio may be able to say The Last Stand Is still part of film cannon but apart from possibly keeping Cyclops and Jean from future and slim possibilty of Ellen Page as Kittty
don't expect much connection to that film.

Closed Thread