The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #701
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

I'm sorry, but time travel is the PERFECT opportunity to rewrite the events of The Last Stand and create a new timeline (like the recent JJ Abrams Star Trek film established it's own timeline) and I REALLY hope Singer takes advantage of that. :P

Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #702
JP
Smelly

You get used to marvelrobbins constantly telling us whats going on in the heads of those making this movie.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #703
Angamb
Banned User

Lol

I got used some weeks ago, fortunately

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #704
NanaT
X-Men United!

Yeah most of the time he is repeating himself, like word for word. So I just read the first line of his posts and if it starts the same I just skip over it cuz I know what its going to say. But you do get used to it.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #705
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, Ive noticed that too, but I think english its not his first language (like me) so I can undestand him.

its all good, marvelrobbins!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #706
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Maybe the stuff with prof X AND the cure will be explained in the wolverine in some form of dialogue so then DOFP will have a clean template to go on

although that still means no scott or jean

Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #707
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I'm sorry, but time travel is the PERFECT opportunity to rewrite the events of The Last Stand and create a new timeline (like the recent JJ Abrams Star Trek film established it's own timeline) and I REALLY hope Singer takes advantage of that. :P
Logicly It would be strange for Bryan Singer to be directing and rewrite his own films(X-men/x2) He has also talked about connecting films and connecting
dots between films.That's kinda hard to do If A:Future Is just alternate version of characters from earlier films(now this Is possibilty) and B:If time travel does away with all X-Men films besides First Class and past part of DOFP(that would keep the X-Men films In past)

The Wolverine has been said to connect to DOFP.Kind astrange they would do that and a year later wipe the Wolverine out of exsistance.Plus I find It strange fox wouldn't want the opotion of a third wolverine film.

If you go the Star Trek path you still have limitions on you.If first era sequel to DOFP Is still In 1960's It wouldn't make any sense for characters that were young In mid to late 1990's/2000 set trilogy like Rogue,Iceman,COlossus,Kitty,and Angel to show up.Now would It make sense for characters like Cyclops,and Jean to show up as Teenagers when Xavier Is barely In his early 30's

Considering past work It's easy to assume certin things that are likely from Bryan Singer.Add to that his comments.This Is a 2 hour film to have characters from both earlier films and first Class It's very unlikely they will flood the film with new characters as some on boards have speculated.What purpose would characters not In DOFP like Cable or Bishop really serve.

I have had to listen to a lot of whining about First Class not being like comics yet some are advocating the film version of DOFP have little or no resembalance to comic version.

I personally think It's more likely they would use time travel to wipe out events of Last Stand giving them opotion to do something else with original cast members without that film In way rather It be another X-Men sequel,a third wolverine film,or more present day spinoffs.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #708
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Dude.... You spent 5 paragraphs disagreeing with an argument I never made, then counter that by simply repeating exactly what I said in my post.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #709
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Then I apolage.Too much with regard to DOFP to Star Trek 2009 I am used to those wanting to use time travel to disregard much of franchise.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #710
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
I thought Rogue have a relationship with Colossus only because him in his metal state is immune to her absorption powers??
I'm pretty sure Rogue kissing Colossus and thus finding out he's immune to her absorption powers only happened once (and only in recent continuity, the last five years?). They've never acted on that since. So there was never a relationship to speak of.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #711
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Tradional gambit has been only one Involved with Rogue In Comics except for getting
together with Magneto In AoA.There was brief peroid where pre films where It seemed like they were going to get Rogue and Iceman together but nothing came of It.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #712
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Fanboys like that, who favour alarmism over enthusiasm, sincerely piss me off
Whaaa??? Way to generalize. I am hardly "alarmed" or desperate for information on the production. I've been following these films since their inception (nearly 12 years here on this specific site no less) and am quite accustomed to the process.

You might take a moment to reflect that if you weren't interested in getting news you wouldn't be here either.

Take care with the sweeping, broad statements; they do you no favors, trust me.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #713
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Did I quote you?

Besides, you defended 'void' which in itself is alarmist. It's a negative implication that there is an abnormal absence of info, thus something to worry about.

But as I said, I didn't quote you, I was referring to the attitude being described in the post above me.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #714
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Did I quote you?

Besides, you defended 'void' which in itself is alarmist. It's a negative implication that there is an abnormal absence of info, thus something to worry about.

But as I said, I didn't quote you, I was referring to the attitude being described in the post above me.
The comment came across third party since BMM did quote my post.

However, fair enough. It's nothing worth discussing further. I'd prefer to be discussing news on this production rather than the definition of "void"...which is what happens when you have...a void of information.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #715
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I can tell how you're genuine because you've politely hidden your snark behind a wall of black :P

Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #716
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Anyway, who else is excited for the little easter eggs Bryan puts in his films?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #717
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Announcing Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,and hugh Jackman before confirminf majority of
first Class actors will be back proves this.
I mostly hope that announcing Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen along with the four FC leads in that first tweet means that the film will still focus a lot on the relationship between Erik and Charles, in both past and future scenes. Especially if, in the dark!future, there's a chance that they could be working together again while in the past they're working against each other.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #718
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, that's what I figure as well. That's why I think people are jumping the gun a bit with other X-Men appearances. I think the focus will be the First Class cast.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #719
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Well like others said I doubt that the future scenes will only feature Wolverine, Magneto and Prof X. And it would make sense to fill those scenes with the characters from the original trilogy rather than some completely new mutants.

Oh and while I understand that many people would like to wipe X3 out of existence, I don't see how time travel in the 60s will prevent the development of the cure or the return of Jean Grey as the Phoenix while leaving the events of X1-X2 intact. Plus didn't the director of Wolverine say in a recent interview that it is set after X3? So if you then take X3 out where does that leave Mangold's film and the potential further solo Wolverine movies?

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 01-09-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #720
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Well like others said I doubt that the future scenes will only feature Wolverine, Magneto and Prof X. And it would make sense to fill those scenes with the characters from the original trilogy rather than some completely new mutants.

Oh and while I understand that many people would like to wipe X3 out of existence, I don't see how time travel in the 60s will prevent the development of the cure or the return of Jean Grey as the Phoenix while leaving the events of X1-X2 intact. Plus didn't the director of Wolverine say in a recent interview that it is set after X3? So if you then take X3 out where does that leave Mangold's film and the potential further solo Wolverine movies?
Yes, it would make sense to use characters from the original trilogy but I wonder if they will add a couple of new faces as cameos, to give a broader feel to the future. It's a tricky issue. Cameos have caused problems for this franchise in the past (like Beast on the TV in X2, Emma Frost in XMO: Wolverine, etc). And it's worth noting that Avengers and Dark Knight Rises didn't pander to fans with cameos.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #721
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Not if a lot of them are dead.

Also, even though it uses the name 'Days of Future Past' we don't know what parts of the movie involve someone from the past in the future and someone from the future in the past.

Also, wouldn't Bishop have to be involved at some point? I could also see them including Cable, if they still want to tie him into the Deapdool movie that is supposedly still happening.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #722
Filmboy
Banned User

Well since Patrick Stewart is returning, whom we all know his character is literally dissolve to Dusts by Phoenix..... there's no reason why Famke can't be returnng.

It is more easier to explain Jean/Phoenix returning from the dead than Xavier.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #723
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Unless the idea is that his death in X3 is what set the events in motion for the disasterous future...

Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #724
soundofyousick
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, it would make sense to use characters from the original trilogy but I wonder if they will add a couple of new faces as cameos, to give a broader feel to the future. It's a tricky issue. Cameos have caused problems for this franchise in the past (like Beast on the TV in X2, Emma Frost in XMO: Wolverine, etc). And it's worth noting that Avengers and Dark Knight Rises didn't pander to fans with cameos.
Nolan did use a major-ish Batman villan from the 90s in a cameo in Batman Begins though(Victor Zsaz), but yeah, X-Men flicks with the Fox contract are a different situation really. They will always be looking for new characters for the films to keep the franchise fresh, so they can keep making successful films and hold onto the contract. They can't afford to keep throwing characters away in pointless cameos.

Quote:
Unless the idea is that his death in X3 is what set the events in motion for the disasterous future...
I don't know how they would integrate new Patrick Stewart scenes into a DOFP film with that scenario, scenes which have been confirmed due to his casting.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #725
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well because if at some point they either change the timeline or it could easily be new scenes that took place BEFORE he dies, either sometime during the original series or before X1... I mean, realistically, if it's THAT far into the future, would Xavier and Magneto even be around? Wouldn't they be like 90 years old by that point? Who says their scenes are in this scary future.

To be honest, I would say most likely the 'future' in question will actually be completely alternate from the previous X-Movies... Something will happen or 'supposedly' happen in the 60's that will prevent the classic, X-Men 1 and 2 future from happening and that is possibly what the young Xavier etc is working to prevent?

I mean think about it, if they're like 30 or so in the 60's, then that would make them 70 in 2000... So the future would either have to take place then or we're going to see them in 2020 with awful ageing makeup

Closed Thread