The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #776
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

I never said I thought Wolverine would be only X-Man In future.I am betting On Storm and Rogue(or possibly and less likely Kitty) also being In future.Remember they have to give some focus on Xavier and Magneto.Plus there Is also decent change Mystique will also be In future.If you take out Cyclops and Jean due to what happened In last Stand and take Hugh and James Mangold's comments on The WOlverine post Last Stand and also consider the reports of The Wolverine tying Into DOFP then WOlverine,Xavier,Magneto,Rogue,Storm,and Mystique would be most of major characters cast by Bryan for X-Men who were also In both X2 and Last Stand.

Also remember getting those 6 back and spending money on Sentinles Is a lot for future scenes which may only be about 30-40 Minutes of screentime.That's speculation on my part.Now If Bryan wants to go to 7 In future then you have chance of Iceman or Colossus making cut.Similar to rogue or Kitty I think there Is chance If they go to 7 only 1 would make the cut and If Rogue Is In film considering how Rogue and Iceman was kep subplot of X2 My money Is on Iceman.My thinking that Colossus would only make cut If Kitty was used but there Is defently cahnce that Bryan might want to pay homage to fact Colossus was In original Comic even If Rogue Is used Instead of Kitty and some reports had Bryan put Colossus In X2 to give him larger role In his planned X3 Ideas.But,Also remember COlossus In armored form and Iceman In Iceform require CGI.
That's why X2's Colossus In armor looked better than In Last Stand.

My comments about Halle Berry were to say that thinking a lot of GA would take attention just because she Is in film could be a faulty assumination.Not that I think she won't be In film.The recent wolverine comments Increase my thinking she will be back.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #777
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
i think Fox ARE going to want to give the franchise a big push but I don't think they're going to rely on old actors from a franchise that struggled. I think they're going to want to take the younger actors they've got and keep going in the First Class direction.

I think it's very unlikely that they would be able to get Famke, James, Jackman, McKellan, Stewart, Page, Berry etc to a)Commit to 3 films (which let's be honest, is EXACTLY what fox will be after, a multi picture deal) and B) a lot of those actors will be starting to get too old for a 3 picture deal. Now sure, people like Jackman etc still look alright now, but 3 pictures is what, 8 to 9 years? That's a long time.

And look how a lot of you guys are acting... 3 original actors have been announced, 2 of which are the older versions of the young, First Class actors and one of them is an immortal character who looks the same. Now, not only are a lot of you ASSUMING we're going to get a cavalcade of other original trilogy characters, but talking about how this will open up another trilogy with the original actors? It's purely wishful thinking, wrapped in denial that that chapter of the X-franchise is as dead as we thought. Singer AND the original actors back has sparked a false hope, but that's NOT what we're going to get. This isn't X-Men 4, this is First Class 2.
It is wishful thinking, for the most part, yes. But that's because it's fans speculating in the absence of hard facts. The stuff that forums are made of.

I have no idea what they want to do next after DoFP. But I hope the studio has some idea at least.

Some of the original trilogy actors might welcome the opportunity to come back for three more films. Some of them have hardly had stellar success in the interim period; they might relish the regular work, the status and the money.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #778
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
i think Fox ARE going to want to give the franchise a big push but I don't think they're going to rely on old actors from a franchise that struggled. I think they're going to want to take the younger actors they've got and keep going in the First Class direction.

I think it's very unlikely that they would be able to get Famke, James, Jackman, McKellan, Stewart, Page, Berry etc to a)Commit to 3 films (which let's be honest, is EXACTLY what fox will be after, a multi picture deal) and B) a lot of those actors will be starting to get too old for a 3 picture deal. Now sure, people like Jackman etc still look alright now, but 3 pictures is what, 8 to 9 years? That's a long time.

And look how a lot of you guys are acting... 3 original actors have been announced, 2 of which are the older versions of the young, First Class actors and one of them is an immortal character who looks the same. Now, not only are a lot of you ASSUMING we're going to get a cavalcade of other original trilogy characters, but talking about how this will open up another trilogy with the original actors? It's purely wishful thinking, wrapped in denial that that chapter of the X-franchise is as dead as we thought. Singer AND the original actors back has sparked a false hope, but that's NOT what we're going to get. This isn't X-Men 4, this is First Class 2.
I get some of your points, but at the same time I think you are having a negative perspective regarding this franchise, including of course the original trilogy, and how it ended.

As some of us have said, we really dont need to have Ian, Patrick and Famke back on a possible X4. And at the same time, some of us dont really expect another trilogy, thats too wishful thinking, I agree.

But one of these two scenarios is really possible:

1. a real X4 with most of the original cast, not all. Hugh would accept, and we all know Halle is up to it. specially now that her career isnt as hot.
2. a dual final part, with X4/X5. released in two consecutive years, like many studios are already doing.

The FC cast is younger and of course Fox could expand that series with more calm in the next years, and with no need to rush it.

But to say a X4 is highly unlikely is too much, I think. I mean, Studios have money to spend on this adaptations, and actors need a few blockbusters here and there to keep their careers hot, so.... there is no real problem about a X4.

Some fans could preffer other proyects, for sure, but there is no real problem about giving the green light to X4, with 7 or 9 actors from previous movies.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #779
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

It's unlikely Hugh,Patrick,and Ian are only OT actors In film.Considering Lauren Shueller Donnor has made no secret for years of wanting to do Days of future past as film and that storyline had a few characters In future.DOFP Is fox's answer to Avengers.And It shouldn't be viewed as just sequel to
First Class.Donnor and Bryan decided to do adaptan of story they wanted to do and kill 2 birds with one stone do followup to first class and give those who wanted X4 their wish.I think we are looking at 3 others joining the cast which My money Is on Rebecca Romijn(playing older version of key First Class
character) Anna Paquin(Having key younger character from trilogy which also allows Bryan to call back to first X-Men) and Halle Berry(She Is only other adult X-men possably with James Marsden and Famke janseen out)

X-Men first Class was lowest box office In series.What Is In their best Intrest to make a profit.A film primary with first Class cast with cameos by 3 OT actors or a Big event film with 2 timelines that connect.

Patrick,Ian,and Hugh were announced before several of first Class cast have been announced as returing.Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto In future aren't cameos.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #780
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Why would they suddenly decide to switch back to the original cast when they've hit success with the new cast of Fassbender, McAvoy etc? It makes no sense from a marketing or franchise branding perspective. The Last Stand was 6 years ago. With Fox's demographic of teenagers to late 20's/early 30's, they're going to stick with what they see as the most succesful money maker.

Even if they COULD get one movie, an X4, they wouldn't. Fox have seen what Marvel is doing, they've hired Mark Millar. They're going to try and build something that will last... That means building out and up, not going back to an old way of presenting the movies. I can almost guarantee they're going to stick with the young cast and flesh that out. It makes no sense from a business or creative standpoint to do otherwise.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #781
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins
X-Men first Class was lowest box office In series.What Is In their best Intrest to make a profit.A film primary with first Class cast with cameos by 3 OT actors or a Big event film with 2 timelines that connect.
They didn't do THAT badly and even so, that was more to do with the fallen reputation of the franchise itself. First Class has sold quite well in DVD sales. If you go back to the old way of doing things, it will just look like a huge step backwards. And honestly, audiences have short memories in cinema. People complain about reboots or revampings but once they buy into the new version of something, they don't want to go back.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #782
Angamb
Banned User

Bryan himself said 'more to come', so yeah, there will be more actors, no need to discuss about that, lol.

I agree that Halle and Anna are highly choices.

and if Matthew added another x-man, or Bryan, the actors/characters that seem to be stronger contenders are Iceman and Colossus.

Because as some users have said these latests months, it seems unlikely that Bryan gets back characters like old Beast, Angel, Nightcrawler or Gambit.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #783
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
It makes no sense from a business or creative standpoint to do otherwise.
wolvie, believe if I tell u that I want a big FC series, in fact, take a look at my sig and you will see it.

But that same quote you say about doing X4 now can be used exactly to missing the amazing chance of gettting back the biggest x-men names for a future sequel, like Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Iceman, etc.

so... from a business point of view, Fox would be interested in both options.

I love FC and the new x-men, but we should be honest that general audience preffer the familiar faces of all the animated shows and current comics, including the ones from the 80's and 90's.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #784
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But First Class was not their biggest moneymaker.Nomatter how you slice It It was lowest
grossing film in series.DOFP Is fox's answer to Avengers.

Fox will undoudtably will do third film with first Class cast,and most likely unlikely DOFP
It won't have OT actors In it.They may jumo to mid to late 1970's setting and that could be when teenage Cyclops and Jean are Introduced.But,they would have to prove
they can sell a film without OT actors.

They may not do a full blown X-Men sequel with just OT actors(In a lot of ways DOFP Is X4) but If you think Fox won't consider doing another Wolverine film you are crazy.

And In talk of spinoffs I don't think they will all be peroid pieces.The FF reboot has been called Contemporary.And In spinoffs like X-Force,New Mutants,and Deadpool you can't rule out OT actors appearing.Not all of course.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #785
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

We'll find out soon enough I suppose. I just think people are having somewhat short memories. This is Fox. It doesn't matter what people like Shuller-Donner say they WANT because we've seen the decisions they've made before and we've seen the kind of thing that governs their decision making process. I don't think it's wise to get ones hopes up about anything when Fox and the X-Men are concerned.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #786
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Why would they suddenly decide to switch back to the original cast when they've hit success with the new cast of Fassbender, McAvoy etc? It makes no sense from a marketing or franchise branding perspective. The Last Stand was 6 years ago. With Fox's demographic of teenagers to late 20's/early 30's, they're going to stick with what they see as the most succesful money maker.

Even if they COULD get one movie, an X4, they wouldn't. Fox have seen what Marvel is doing, they've hired Mark Millar. They're going to try and build something that will last... That means building out and up, not going back to an old way of presenting the movies. I can almost guarantee they're going to stick with the young cast and flesh that out. It makes no sense from a business or creative standpoint to do otherwise.

You can't build up and out from the past though. Would that mean the FF reboot will ALSO be set in the 60's? Don't think so. They want to EXPAND the X-Men universe. We could still get First Class films, but we will definitely start seeing the stories push forward, rather than backward. Look at The Wolverine, which Millar considers the "Iron Man" of Fox's new shared universe.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #787
JP
Flame On

Quote:
We'll find out soon enough I suppose. I just think people are having somewhat short memories. This is Fox. It doesn't matter what people like Shuller-Donner say they WANT because we've seen the decisions they've made before and we've seen the kind of thing that governs their decision making process. I don't think it's wise to get ones hopes up about anything when Fox and the X-Men are concerned.
Why not? We have Singer back where he belongs. We have Millar overseeing things, Rothman is gone, and FOX has been putting out stellar films the last 3 years.

Why would they suddenly revert to the pasts mindset when they've had so much success with putting out good films the last few years?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #788
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Look at The Wolverine, which Millar considers the "Iron Man" of Fox's new shared universe.
exactly.

wheter some fans like Millar's interviews or not, I really believe in that quote.

Things have changed on Fox, so as a result, the x-men franchise will have a better treatment since now, and of course, in present time. appart from a third FC film.

We will have another team movie set in present, we can be sure about it. If some dont feel that positive, Time will prove it.

If they are setting the F4 reboot on the present and want to create a shared universe feeling, they will need to put the x-men on present time too, so its just a matter of time.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #789
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Exactly! People are thinking counterintuitive to think that they dont want an X4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #790
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
You can't build up and out from the past though. Would that mean the FF reboot will ALSO be set in the 60's? Don't think so. They want to EXPAND the X-Men universe. We could still get First Class films, but we will definitely start seeing the stories push forward, rather than backward. Look at The Wolverine, which Millar considers the "Iron Man" of Fox's new shared universe.
Some don't like Millar quotes giving credit to Fox with First X-Men or him calling X2 one of best Comic book films even though It's true.

I had more concerns about Millar since he's primarly an Ultimate writer Inside marvel universe and I am 616 universe fan.But,I have liked some of what he has been saying.

The wolverine as Iron Man of new X-Men-FF shared universe and the FF as contemporary are key quotes.The FF won't be peroid piece so to have X-Men-FF connections there has to be more present day X related films In future.Just doing First Class sequels sticks X-Men In past.

Rothman Is gone now.Since late 2009 he had less Involvement In films like his micormanagement hurted Last Stand,FF:Rise of Silver surver,and Origins.

2010-Unlike 2004 Bryan Singer when unable to direct First Class stayed on as producer
2011-Sucsess of both First Class and Rise of planet of the apes
2012-matthew Vaughn signed early In year for DOFP,Fox went along with
downplaying the Alien connection In Prometheus.Vaughn drops out of directing DOFP.Stays on as a producer.Bryan Is quickly signed as director

These are all different from when Rothman was micromanaging things.And It's very doudtful They decided to do DOFP after Avengers opened big.It's more likely It was already In planning for awhile.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 01-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #791
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly! People are thinking counterintuitive to think that they dont want an X4.
many fans and not so much fans want a X4 with most of the cast back, as we can easily see in most movie/comic sites.

And all these news and rumour about actors from original trilogy returning are building that hype. Fox must be really aware of it by now. They arent blind, you know, lol

They KNOW fans wants more from Cyclops, Kitty, Colossus, Rogue, Beast and co.

and we can be sure Bryan would love to work with those characters again too, so discussions could be happening under Fox offices. But of course they havent decided yet, or dont want to reveal it so soon.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #792
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

thing is whose to say an Xmen 4 will bring in more then First class did or even a first class sequel would do? i mean X3 made alot of money but then again it may have been coming off the success of X2 and actually alot of people didn't like X3 which left the franchise with very little left in it and X: origins failed in many ways so whose to say ther will be a bigger audience for an X4? it was all about wolverine anyway and hugh has already played him 4 times and he is already coming back for another 2 films

while first class was well received by critics and had James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender who seemed to go down well with critics so why would FOX get rid of praised talent? i mean yeah patrick and ian are also great but i don't see how they will bring in more of an audience for an X4

DOFP will do well because of all the great talent involved

Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #793
Angamb
Banned User

all sequels could do well

but being a bit more realistic, X4 would be a huge event, at least the hype would be HIGHER.

To get back Hugh, Halle, Anna, Kelsey, Ellen, Alan, Ben, Shawn and Daniel, and even Taylor as Gambit....

how on earth this movie could fail? lol

Everyone watched the 90's series, and most superhero fans know Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Gambit, Angel, Kitty and Colosssus.

To expect smaller numbers than X3 would sound like a joke to me, hehe. no offense.

The whole net would get crazy with this announcement and more if Bryan is confirmed as the director. both critics and fans would start anticipating it in a matter of hours

Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #794
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
all sequels could do well

but being a bit more realistic, X4 would be a huge event, at least the hype would be HIGHER.

To get back Hugh, Halle, Anna, Kelsey, Ellen, Alan, Ben, Shawn and Daniel, and even Taylor as Gambit....

how on earth this movie could fail? lol

Everyone watched the 90's series, and most superhero fans know Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Beast, Gambit, Angel, Kitty and Colosssus.
Seems more like a fanboy dream rather then actually being realistic

Alot of those people wouldn't bring in a bigger audience and alot of them have been treated poorly so i dunno why anyone who isn't a x-men fan would care enough

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #795
Angamb
Banned User

really a fanboy dream?

a fanboy dream would be to expect Famke, James, Ian and Patrick more all the X3 cast coming back.

those are just the youngest actors from the trilogy, appart from Hugh and Halle, whose both have expressed their interest in coming back, in fact Hugh IS still playing the character. Kelsey could decide to stay out, but that wouldnt make the cast worse.

I think your attitude is too negative taking into account the current state of comicbook movies and Fox plans to expand the X-men universe even more.

Last edited by Angamb; 01-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #796
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
really a fanboy dream?
Yep.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #797
Angamb
Banned User

well, if Fox ends doing it, I would be happy to say that my fan dream became a reality, lol

back on 2007-2008 many fans said we would never see the original actors playing their roles again, and now we're having Days of future past with some of them back (we dont know the full number yet) so... never say never.

Only time will tell, as always.

Last edited by Angamb; 01-10-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #798
NanaT
X-Men United!

Fox wouldn't need to stop making sequels to First Class in order to make an X4 with just the Original Cast. They could continue with both casts.

Many fans would and casual audience viewers alike would want to see the old cast not just because of them but because the characters they play. Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus et al are the more popular characters. And they are popular for a reason. I mean really they can't continue to justify putting X-Men in the title without these characters.

Fox would want to continue with First Class for reasons others have said as well as continuing with X4. They'd get the best of both worlds and really it is in Fox's best interests to do this.

I don't understand some of the arguments that it is illogical from a marketing standpoint. The X-Men films will continue to sell on the X-Men name alone. (That's how First Class sold) To say that X4 wouldn't be able to sell as much as a First Class sequel is in itself illogical. With the return of original trilogy actors in Days of Future Past audiences will be reminded of the old team in a new refreshing way (for older audiences) and be introduced to these new interesting characters (for new audiences). This would be the perfect set up for an X4 to further explore these characters.

This is a fanboy dream but not the type that never come true. There is every possibility and every reason for them to continue with an X4 and not one good reason (as expressed on this board yet) why they shouldn't make an X4. Especially if it is a AoA adaptation. which is a storyline that can't be done in a First Class sequel. Also as some have already pointed out, Every X-Men movie after DoFP can't be a period piece. The X-Men need to be in the present day.

I just hope there are more x-men films whatever they are First Class or an X4 but I also don't see any reason why there can't be both.

Last edited by NanaT; 01-10-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #799
Angamb
Banned User

totally agree with your post.

Its not like X4 is like getting Peace in the world, lol

its just a movie with a team of actors. If Fox wants to do it, they just need to sign the actors that want to return and select a release date. Like ALL studios do, lol

as simple as that.

Fox wants to keep doing x-men movies, Singer wants to do more x-men movies, even the original actors want to be back on the x-men movies.... but now some fans dont want them to happen? or dont think its possible?

What kind of joke is this?? Lol

Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #800
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Fox wouldn't need to stop making sequels to First Class in order to make an X4 with just the Original Cast. They could continue with both casts.

Many fans would and casual audience viewers alike would want to see the old cast not just because of them but because the characters they play. Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus et al are the more popular characters. And they are popular for a reason. I mean reason they can't continue to justify putting X-Men in the title without these characters.
you say that but by the time X3 came out FOX was totally in love with wolverine because he become a character that casual audiences knew, incredibly hyped on and wanted to see more of and they were in a rush to make the wolverine prequel film which turned into crap

but these other characters you mention haven't really been given a chance to shine in the same way wolverine has, and if it was easy as bring in these characters and make money then why didn't they do it for Xmen first class? instead it was decided to give audiences something new with a cameo from wolverine :/.

if a X4 happens then great but i personally think it would have happened ages ago if Fox had that much faith in it, but who knows if DOFP gives us a clean template we might get an X4 with a few new characters to learn about

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-10-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Closed Thread