The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #51
Nitrobot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 404
Awesome Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

PACIFIC RIM: Blueprints For Five Jaegers Now In Hi-Res

Previously-seen blueprints for the five giant robots: America's Gipsy Danger, Russia's Cherno Alpha, Japan's Coyote Tango, China's Crimson Typhoon, and Australia's Striker Eureka are now available in glorious high-resolution.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:











Last edited by Hunter Rider; 12-02-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Nitrobot is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #52
obin_gam
Side-Kick
 
obin_gam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: communist utopia
Posts: 3,636
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Awesome find! But could you please put them in spoilertags? It's taking forever to load the page

__________________
"To match the shoeswith the jacket is fey.
To match the shoes with the hat is taste."

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #53
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,562
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Someone posted on their blog a general review of the old script and what was removed, changed and added to improve the script.

http://pacificrimfilm.blogspot.com/2...cific-rim.html

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
steintym
Stay Frosty
 
steintym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Cool stuff!

steintym is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
Solidus
Kylo Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Dark Side
Posts: 17,678
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Someone posted on their blog a general review of the old script and what was removed, changed and added to improve the script.

http://pacificrimfilm.blogspot.com/2...cific-rim.html
A lot of that was in the 2010 script I read. I dunno if he really read an updated one? Because the Kaiju's origins/purpose was fully explained.

__________________
"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The Dark Side......and the Light."

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #56
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

And what was your thoughts on the script, Solidus? Was the extensive rewrite needed, or was it fine the way it was? Did it need some polishing, etc?

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #57
Solidus
Kylo Ren
 
Solidus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Dark Side
Posts: 17,678
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Maybe some polishing on the character that I assume (Charlie from It's Always Sunny) and Flick's character (if they still call her that). But not significant. "Cliche" to me is cliche now, everything is that. I thought that it was a very interesting story, and I loved it from beginning to end. I Love the drifts and how they are described (dreams by the drivers) imagining what GDT will do with it will be outstanding.

To me I just felt some minor tweaks but nothing major.

__________________
"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it? The Dark Side......and the Light."

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #58
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,562
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Maybe some polishing on the character that I assume (Charlie from It's Always Sunny) and Flick's character (if they still call her that). But not significant. "Cliche" to me is cliche now, everything is that. I thought that it was a very interesting story, and I loved it from beginning to end. I Love the drifts and how they are described (dreams by the drivers) imagining what GDT will do with it will be outstanding.

To me I just felt some minor tweaks but nothing major.
I'd imagine that's probably all of what GDT did. He probably just fleshed out certain characters more, removed characters that weren't necessary to the story, expanded the scope of the world they live in, expanded on the technical aspect of the mechs and the tech and how everything works, etc.

Knowing Del Toro, he loves to add these little details to everything to really make it seem like it there is some history behind it and make it feel like it could actually happen. It's one of the reasons why I love his films. And the fact that he's attached to something like this just makes me giddy with excitement!

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #59
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,120
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #60
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!
 
TheWiseGuy487's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,562
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.
I thought the humor in the first one was a little more grounded, sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek. For the most part, the movie's tone was more in line with the tone of the comic series. It was more of a Lovecraftian type story, so it was supposed to be.

As much as I love the second one, I will admit the humor was a little more on the "Looney Tunes" side of things. But, I'm just a sucker for fantasy, so that's probably why I like it so much. And the Golden Army. Yeah.

I definitely agree with you on Myers, though. His character was pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of the film, and had he been removed, the film wouldn't have been affected at all. Also, the end fight was kind of anti-climatic. Those things didn't bring the film down for me too much, though.

I'm not saying Del Toro is perfect. I'm just saying that I love his style of filming and his knack for "world building".

__________________
You wanted to be the hero. Now you gotta pay the price.

5-.-2-.-14
_______________________

TheWiseGuy487 is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #61
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.
I've always said GDT as a person is incredibly funny but yet his movies haven't captured his sense of humor. Hellboy should've been a bit more macabre and dry witted and clever in the most absurd way, but the films went for broad laughs instead. And I know GDT is better than that.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #62
redhawk23
Wrestlin'
 
redhawk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Kemet
Posts: 14,022
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
GDT isn't perfect. I think he made the Hellboy movies far too goofy than they needed to be. The Myers characters was terrible.
Myers basically was just an audience standin the same as Ariadne from Inception.

I thought the first Hellboy film struck a better balance than the second of the goofiness and more of Mignola's vibe. As Mignola describes, HB2 is all GDT.

My 7000th post!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On my planet, the S stands for Sears.

Last edited by redhawk23; 12-03-2012 at 11:19 PM.
redhawk23 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #63
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 39,595
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

the Legendary Facebook page posted a link to Pan Pacific Defense Corp and said 7 days. I think we might be getting a teaser trailer in 7 days.

__________________
There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #64
obin_gam
Side-Kick
 
obin_gam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: communist utopia
Posts: 3,636
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
the Legendary Facebook page posted a link to Pan Pacific Defense Corp and said 7 days. I think we might be getting a teaser trailer in 7 days.
Yup, its confirmed to be infron t of the hobbit. As well as a trailer for Star trek and MoS... damn The Hobbit has the be really good so these three trailers doesnt outshine it haha

__________________
"To match the shoeswith the jacket is fey.
To match the shoes with the hat is taste."

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #65
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 25,073
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
I thought the first Hellboy film struck a better balance than the second of the goofiness and more of Mignola's vibe.
Me too. I think Hellboy 2 was a little too slapstick for my taste. I liked the tone of the first movie better.

__________________
H.E
chamber-music is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #66
Raoul Duke
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 226
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

i loved both hellboy films. the first one was darker sure. but i thought the themes about big red wanting to be famous and recognised were brilliant in 2. the scene with the forest god thingy still gets me.

really looking forward to this.

Raoul Duke is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #67
Iron Lizard
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 86
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Maybe its just me but im getting upset with Legendary because they seem to be pushing aside a potential Godzilla franchise.

I mean how does this unknown movie already get a guaranteed sequel, possible merchandise etc yet they arent saying much on Godzilla or if they plan on doing a franchise?

Same thing with Man of Steel too. PR is already getting viral marketing yet we are hardly getting anything on MOS.

So why is Legendary throwing everything at the PR movie yet putting Godzilla and MOS on the back burner?

Iron Lizard is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #68
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

It's because they want to keep Del Toro in their party so they're gonna make him happy.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #69
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,431
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrobot View Post
PACIFIC RIM: Blueprints For Five Jaegers Now In Hi-Res

Previously-seen blueprints for the five giant robots: America's Gipsy Danger, Russia's Cherno Alpha, Japan's Coyote Tango, China's Crimson Typhoon, and Australia's Striker Eureka are now available in glorious high-resolution.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:









Out of all the Jaegers shown thus far. Coyote Tango, Striker Eureka, and Gypsy Danger have the best designs. Don't really care for the Russian and Chinese Jaegers.

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #70
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

I like the Russian one because it's super weird, and it looks like they're more akin to the 'steampunk' aesthetic, judging from that one suit shown at 'Comic-Con'

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #71
Iron Lizard
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 86
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
It's because they want to keep Del Toro in their party so they're gonna make him happy.

So that means they are going to piss on these other potential big franchises just for him?

Iron Lizard is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #72
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
So that means they are going to piss on these other potential big franchises just for him?
I think you're overthinking it and not seeing the entire situation within context.. You have to consider that Del Toro is done with filming it and probably has shown WB/Legendary a rough cut. They probably loved it and commissioned a script to the sequel. Better start now when the fire is hot so that it doesn't get rushed.

Godzilla hasn't been filmed yet. By the time it's done with its shoot and edited with its rough cut, WB will probably ask for a script to the sequel if they like it. So it could happen to Godzlla as well.

And you gotta consider this: No offense to the director of 'Godzilla' is a new talent without the name reconization of GDT. If WB keep GDT in their stable, he provide other projects for them not related to Pac Rim. And we know how imaginative he is.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #73
Iron Lizard
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 86
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I think you're overthinking it and not seeing the entire situation within context.. You have to consider that Del Toro is done with filming it and probably has shown WB/Legendary a rough cut. They probably loved it and commissioned a script to the sequel. Better start now when the fire is hot so that it doesn't get rushed.

Godzilla hasn't been filmed yet. By the time it's done with its shoot and edited with its rough cut, WB will probably ask for a script to the sequel if they like it. So it could happen to Godzlla as well.

And you gotta consider this: No offense to the director of 'Godzilla' is a new talent without the name reconization of GDT. If WB keep GDT in their stable, he provide other projects for them not related to Pac Rim. And we know how imaginative he is.
That helps....

As a lifelong G-fan its so exciting to see my childhood back on the big screen BUT its worrisome when it seems like a new potential Godzilla franchise is going to possibly get pushed aside for something else you know?

Iron Lizard is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #74
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 39,327
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Of course I want Godzilla to be a great success and it looks like Legendary/WB is putting down the effort to please fans. I wouldn't worry about it because they're a good team. And the director they got is very talented. The only issue is the directionless future of WB's comic book films besides Batman. That's where they're lost at.

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #75
Iron Lizard
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 86
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Of course I want Godzilla to be a great success and it looks like Legendary/WB is putting down the effort to please fans. I wouldn't worry about it because they're a good team. And the director they got is very talented. The only issue is the directionless future of WB's comic book films besides Batman. That's where they're lost at.
So you are saying you think Godzilla has got a good future with Legendary/WB but its DC that could have problems?

Iron Lizard is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.