The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > The Hype Archives

Old 12-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #76
Shemtov
Banned User

Default Re: Banned Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

I mean why should I care about his banning? What has he done for me lately?!
Ask not what a banned poster did for you, ask wht you did for a banned poster.

Shemtov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #77
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemtov View Post
If Franklin Richards doesn't win this, I'll consider leaving the Hype forever.
You know as well as I do that they hype is blood in, blood out. Think about what you're saying...

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #78
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemtov View Post
If Franklin Richards doesn't win this, I'll consider leaving the Hype forever.
Oh no!.......

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #79
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

Didn't jaguarr leave the hype over something foolish?

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #80
POWdER-man
Ancient but wise

He got a probationary ban for a comment he felt didn't warrant it, and decided not to return afterwards. At least that is how I remember it. I think the comment was sexual and involved something with lesbians, although I could be completely off and just confusing thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgular
A census-taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with McNuggets and a vanilla milkshake. Rabble rabble
"On the internet you can choose to be anything you want. So why do so many choose to be idiots?"
POWdER-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #81
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

I'm just wondering who I'm nominating next year: Sawyer, Kane#####, Sawyer, Hunter (a pic in hotties thread finally gets him ), Spider-Aziz, or Sawyer?

Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #82
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Child, please!

Kane also ain't going nowhere! I won't let him!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #83
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Didn't jaguarr leave the hype over something foolish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWdER-man View Post
He got a probationary ban for a comment he felt didn't warrant it, and decided not to return afterwards. At least that is how I remember it. I think the comment was sexual and involved something with lesbians, although I could be completely off and just confusing thoughts.
You have the just of it. In a nut shell, Jag made a very offensive post. The post essentially said that there is no such thing as a lesbian and all women want a good dicking (which is why lesbians use strap-ons and dildos). It was REALLY offensive, I just re-read it to make sure I have my facts straight and it crossed the line on many levels.

A moderator (I can't recall who) brought it to the Washroom for discussion but did so anonymously, in that they did not tell us who the poster was as not to cloud our judgment. We unanimously agreed that it was over the line and warranted an infraction and some time off. Jag was given an infraction and I think a week off. He responded by giving some long winded rant about how he would not suffer such indignation and left the Hype. Basically he took his ball and went home. I lost a lot of respect for Jag that day. He threw a temper tantrum and never came back, which shows that he was a lot more immature than I ever thought.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #84
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I'm just wondering who I'm nominating next year: Sawyer, Kane#####, Sawyer, Hunter (a pic in hotties thread finally gets him ), Spider-Aziz, or Sawyer?
Oh ****! If Hunter gets banned who will protect me from all of my trolling!?!? I will be gone two weeks later!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #85
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You have the just of it. In a nut shell, Jag made a very offensive post. The post essentially said that there is no such thing as a lesbian and all women want a good dicking (which is why lesbians use strap-ons and dildos). It was REALLY offensive, I just re-read it to make sure I have my facts straight and it crossed the line on many levels.

A moderator (I can't recall who) brought it to the Washroom for discussion but did so anonymously, in that they did not tell us who the poster was as not to cloud our judgment. We unanimously agreed that it was over the line and warranted an infraction and some time off. Jag was given an infraction and I think a week off. He responded by giving some long winded rant about how he would not suffer such indignation and left the Hype. Basically he took his ball and went home. I lost a lot of respect for Jag that day. He threw a temper tantrum and never came back, which shows that he was a lot more immature than I ever thought.
Mods - We take jokes seriously because this is serious ****.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #86
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Whether it was a joke is irrelevant to the fact it was offensive and not suitable for a PG-13 site, Jag's reaction that he was somehow not to be subject to the same rules as everyone else was the height of taking things too seriously.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #87
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

What's done is done, and seeing that I don't know all of the details behind the situation, I can't/won't try to defend anybody. I will beat a dead horse a little, though and say that a little over-policing has definitely cleaned up the place but has at the same time driven away a sizable chunk of entertaining posters. It keeps them away and retards the growth of humor, to the point where anything borderline humorous gets labeled as potentially offensive and is immediately extinguished before it can become interesting. I'm sure that's the way administration here wants it. I know nothing will change, but can you truly say that things weren't a little bit more fun when administration here didn't have such a heavy hand. I think it takes more skill as a moderator to diffuse the situation with a few well placed, yet biting, words than an instant infraction/banning.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #88
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

My Vote goes to Alexei Belyakov...

I was fairly new to these forums, when I saw this
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24567565

This ish got real serious real fast! Lol moderators don't fugg around!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #89
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
What's done is done, and seeing that I don't know all of the details behind the situation, I can't/won't try to defend anybody. I will beat a dead horse a little, though and say that a little over-policing has definitely cleaned up the place but has at the same time driven away a sizable chunk of entertaining posters. It keeps them away and retards the growth of humor, to the point where anything borderline humorous gets labeled as potentially offensive and is immediately extinguished before it can become interesting. I'm sure that's the way administration here wants it. I know nothing will change, but can you truly say that things weren't a little bit more fun when administration here didn't have such a heavy hand. I think it takes more skill as a moderator to diffuse the situation with a few well placed, yet biting, words than an instant infraction/banning.
Frankly a lot of the posters you probably found to be humorous are ones I'd most likely classify as *******s who had nothing to say or contribute bar being overgrown frat boys who thought everything was game for their kicks. Also that last part you bring up is weird to me since I have went out of my way for posters with edgy personalities over and over again, yourself included, posters aren't banned on a whim, most of them rack up infraction after infraction and in the end wind up getting banned because they lack the humility to ever be wrong.

I personally tried to help Ace of Knaves, Crook, yourself, Toven and even Sparkle but at the end of the day no matter what I said unless a poster is willing to alter the behaviour that is getting them in trouble there is nothing any mod can do, and it's far from being just me, plenty of mods try to discuss at length with posters who get into trouble here, if they don't change it's hardly our fault, they have been given numerous chances.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #90
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Child, please!

Kane also ain't going nowhere! I won't let him!
Nah, no one can ban me, I'm unbannable!

*gets banned within a matter of minutes*

I do have to say this has been my longest time on one forum before getting banned. (with the exception of a wrestling forum )

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #91
Parker Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Oh ****! If Hunter gets banned who will protect me from all of my trolling!?!? I will be gone two weeks later!
But I haven't had a pages long argument with you yet.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #92
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Frankly a lot of the posters you probably found to be humorous are ones I'd most likely classify as *******s who had nothing to say or contribute bar being overgrown frat boys who thought everything was game for their kicks. Also that last part you bring up is weird to me since I have went out of my way for posters with edgy personalities over and over again, yourself included, posters aren't banned on a whim, most of them rack up infraction after infraction and in the end wind up getting banned because they lack the humility to ever be wrong.

I personally tried to help Ace of Knaves, Crook, yourself, Toven and even Sparkle but at the end of the day no matter what I said unless a poster is willing to alter the behaviour that is getting them in trouble there is nothing any mod can do, and it's far from being just me, plenty of mods try to discuss at length with posters who get into trouble here, if they don't change it's hardly our fault, they have been given numerous chances.
The posters who were banned, ultimately probably deserved the banning... I'm talking about posters who witnessed the hammer falling and decided that this place wasn't for them. I'm also talking about newer posters who try to spread their wings a little bit, but get treated as a child who has overly strict parents. Perhaps I'm overgeneralizing on things that I am not witness to as much as those who have to deal with it on a day to day basis. I'll drop the issue as it is really a moot point.

And make no doubt about it, I am grateful for what you and others have done on my behalf. I know I'm not on anybody's "nice" list... but I feel that I'm not quite the troublemaker that others make me out to be.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #93
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Posters like Crook and Ace of Knaves are the hardest to ban because for the most part they were good posters, they just had a knack for getting into the same type of singular trouble over and over until it was impossible to make excuses for them anymore.
Aw, Crook. I had some great debates/discussions with him.

As for this year, I didn't interact with him much, but Franklin Richards was indeed an institution around here.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #94
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
My Vote goes to Alexei Belyakov...

I was fairly new to these forums, when I saw this
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post24567565

This ish got real serious real fast! Lol moderators don't fugg around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post

This award is pretty self-explanatory. Which hypester who was forced into early retirement or fed to the board monster do you miss the most? (Only members who have been banned THIS YEAR are eligible!)

Going by the award criteria, Alexei doesn't qualify. Nobody misses him.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #95
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Aw, Crook. I had some great debates/discussions with him.

As for this year, I didn't interact with him much, but Franklin Richards was indeed an institution around here.
crook was a good poster.

ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #96
Parker Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
No need for the

Literally no one misses him.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #97
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Haha lol, got it thanks... That's like the only time I have seen anything like that on a forum, it got intense! Lol it made my day...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #98
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWdER-man View Post
I vaguely remember the name but he certainly isn't up there with the names that have been mentioned in this thread already.

I mean honestly is this Banned Poster of the Year or Most Recent Banned Poster?
It should be poster banned between Jan 1 - 2012 to the present.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #99
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Nah, no one can ban me, I'm unbannable!

*gets banned within a matter of minutes*

I do have to say this has been my longest time on one forum before getting banned. (with the exception of a wrestling forum )
I won't bury you. I've buried enough members of the Kane family.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #100
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Haha lol, got it thanks... That's like the only time I have seen anything like that on a forum, it got intense! Lol it made my day...

I've seen a lot of implosions on forums over the years, so Alexei's blowout wasn't a surprise to me. The only shocking thing was that he lasted as long as he did, given the constant hostility and disruptions he delighted in causing. Plenty of people are opinionated and even abrasive (I know I am) but a few constantly annoy everyone else the way Alexei did.

Alexei was one of the few posters I have ever come across who managed to antagonize an entire forum. At one point he had practically the entire Avengers forum united against him, with one lone person supporting his unceasing negativity and arrogance. The only times I've seen that sort of thing is when the antagonist was actually a troll. Alexei wasn't a true troll but he was definitely combative and overbearing.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote