The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > The Hype Archives

Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #101
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: Villain!

Male Genitals of the Year? Romney of the Year? Adam Sandler of the Year?
Heck, I don't care I like Villain of the Year. Has an evil ring to it.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #102
Figs
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dick of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWdER-man View Post
Shemtov - the one who is offended about everything...ALL...THE...TIME but seems to think it is acceptable to speak Japanese to his neighbor just because he looks Asian.

My vote still goes to Raganork.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #103
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Then where is the Hero award?
Excellent point, I will bring that up with the other mods, I think that's a great idea.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #104
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Great idea Squirrel, it's very cute.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #105
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Ok sure.
OK, let me be more candid for ya....I am more than happy to tell you EXACTLY what was talked about...to be totally transparent it was your posts in particular that brought the thread up in the first place, not a complaint. And the following then came up...

• It was always a nomination category that should never have been made. After all the hassel we went through with it last year,
  • Would have thought it wouldn't had been started again. (But it was, therefore we had a discussion about it.)
  • All it does is cause problems. It pisses the thin skinned off....(No one in particular, because no one actually complained).
  • it gives ***** a chance to act like *****....
  • it gives the anti establishment people more and more crap to b***h about us (mods) with.
So, out of a compromise for this year, we simply changed the name. You want to think that it is was more than the above go ahead, doesn't really matter to me, but that is EXACTLY what the conversation was about, and it was your posts that started the conversation, NOT someone complaining.

There ya go Darth, full disclosure with absolutely NOTHING left out.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #106
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Ok sure.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #107
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Well, looks to me like you are just pissed that your attempt at being a dick and therefore getting the nomination, fell short and only worked in getting the name of the thread changed....and probably thrown out for next year.

Good job....triple snaps for you.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #108
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Well, looks to me like you are just pissed that your attempt at being a dick and therefore getting the nomination, fell short and only worked in getting the name of the thread changed....and probably thrown out for next year.

Good job....triple snaps for you.
Ok sure.

Let the record show however, I was the first to suggest this award being scrapped in this thread.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #109
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

In fairness he only made two posts before the name change. One said 'seconded' and the other was 'Maybe he should stop being a dick Mr. Elf Sir...' after FNJ's few votes were commented on with 'poor guy'.

I hardly think I'd count that as him attempting to be such a dick he'd win the thread.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #110
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
In fairness he only made two posts before the name change. One said 'seconded' and the other was 'Maybe he should stop being a dick Mr. Elf Sir...' after FNJ's few votes were commented on with 'poor guy'.

I hardly think I'd count that as him attempting to be such a dick he'd win the thread.
Sarcasm hfd...sarcasm, sorry I did not use the emoticon. His post of closing it was actually taken into consideration in the discussion.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #111
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Sarcasm hfd...sarcasm, sorry I did not use the emoticon. His post of closing it was actually taken into consideration in the discussion.
I got good ideas sometimes.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #112
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I got good ideas sometimes.
Yes you do....

Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #113
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I'd like to personally apologize to Marx if my contributions to this thread have hindered his enjoyment of hosting these awards and will do everything possible to help him make this awards shindig go smoothly from this moment forward. I apologize to no one else, y'all need Jesus in your life.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #114
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
But... his post saying that came after the name change... so how could it have entered into the discussion that went on before?

Sorry just a bit confused.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 12-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #115
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
But... his post saying that came after the name change... so how could it have entered into the discussion that went on before?
Now now, lets move on. It's done. Lets move forward as my good friend Barack would say.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #116
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Our discussion went past the name change hfd...in fact it is still going on. I can assure you, we would be happy to close it... Discussions sometimes go ALL NIGHT LONG..... : )

Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #117
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Now now, lets move on. It's done. Lets move forward as my good friend Barack would say.
Take my hand Darthphere, lead me into the light and away from the path of darkness!

*\S/T*
Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #118
Shemtov
Banned User

Default Re: Dick of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWdER-man View Post
Shemtov - the one who is offended about everything...ALL...THE...TIME but seems to think it is acceptable to speak Japanese to his neighbor just because he looks Asian; plus he took pleasure in his grandmother dying, not that he was indifferent but he was actually happy that she was dead.

Plus there is this comment that C. Lee roasted him (deservingly) so.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7&postcount=67
I'm actually honored to be nomed for something, even if it is Dick/Villain of the year.

Shemtov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #119
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Our discussion went past the name change hfd...in fact it is still going on. I can assure you, we would be happy to close it... Discussions sometimes go ALL NIGHT LONG..... : )
See Kelly, now I'm going to have to nominate you for putting that Lionel Richie song in my head.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #120
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
See Kelly, now I'm going to have to nominate you for putting that Lionel Richie song in my head.
Well, I have to admit that I am a little bit pissed that my name has not come up yet....

Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #121
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Well, I have to admit that I am a little bit pissed that my name has not come up yet....
You still got time.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #122
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
You still got time.
I think I'm more pissed that danoyse got nominated before me. I'm a little hurt actually....

Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #123
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
I think I'm more pissed that danoyse got nominated before me. I'm a little hurt actually....
I haven't even seen danoyse post in years.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #124
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I haven't even seen danoyse post in years.
You must not be checking the right threads. Hi.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #125
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Oh wait, I think I saw you one of these days.